Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 38
  4. 39
  5. 40
  6. 41
  7. 42
  8. ...
  9. 50
You know what will solve it, and is a reasonable suggestion?

PARTY MATCHING.
If it were that easy and had no drawbacks, it would have been implemented already.

The fact that it hasn't been means there must be some backend data that suggests party matching would not result in better quality matchmaking. Something like too few parties searching, or potential long search times, or even more lopsided matches, etc. Something may seem like an easy solution from your perspective, but in reality, it isn't.
Chimera30 wrote:

PARTY MATCHING.
If it were that easy and had no drawbacks, it would have been implemented already.

The fact that it hasn't been means there must be some backend data that suggests party matching would not result in better quality matchmaking. Something like too few parties searching, or potential long search times, or even more lopsided matches, etc. Something may seem like an easy solution from your perspective, but in reality, it isn't.
Lol, I doubt that.

They have it implemented in Ranked. And It's been a feature since the original H3 days. So don't give me that.

Too few parties would search if they only matched other parties, that's for damn sure. And how can they be even more lopsided? They already win 50-8 every game against multiple AFKers.

It's either ineptitude, or they don't care.
And another, game. Sandbox, team was holding the third flag kill padding because the team I was on was clearly outmatched. If you're not going to do something about the stupid ban system, at least do something about the jerks doing this as well. Give u some in-game way of reporting them.
Chimera30 wrote:

PARTY MATCHING.

I call bunk along with SheerSiamang117, if they have that kind of data let's hear it. If you're going to allow MatchMaking to make these types of matches you need some way of allowing the other team to concede the match or give us some way of telling MM that those matches really really do not provide a balanced match (I'm sure you'll say they have such tools but I see no evidence of that given hte matches I end up getting. As usual they've apparently gone for the worst way of handling this with the ban system rather than actually sorting the base problem.
Chimera30 wrote:

PARTY MATCHING.

I call bunk along with SheerSiamang117, if they have that kind of data let's hear it. If you're going to allow MatchMaking to make these types of matches you need some way of allowing the other team to concede the match or give us some way of telling MM that those matches really really do not provide a balanced match (I'm sure you'll say they have such tools but I see no evidence of that given hte matches I end up getting. As usual they've apparently gone for the worst way of handling this with the ban system rather than actually sorting the base problem.
from what i can gather this ban system (this isn't the system that was in the original games) was made to keep people in games whether its enjoyable or not. I have been told on here if you don't want to be stuck with crappy players you need to party up, if you don't want to be stuck with quitters party up, if you don't want to get booted and banned for betraying don't throw any grenades etc etc. If you read anything on this forum it would be in your best interest to research it even if it comes from a monitor. Like many of you all I don't agree with the way 343 is changing halo and there is a good chance this will be my last post not because i want it to be but because of the threats and harassment I receive on this forum, so the only advice i can give you all is to vote with your wallets if they don't hear you now they wont on their next game.
I was playing Halo MCC when I quite my first match and was going to join another match when suddenly I got a in game message saying that you have been banned from playing matchmaking and the ban will be lifted on the 6/03/2019 but I literally don’t understand why I have been banned?
I was playing Halo MCC when I quite my first match and was going to join another match when suddenly I got a in game message saying that you have been banned from playing matchmaking and the ban will be lifted on the 6/03/2019 but I literally don’t understand why I have been banned?
As written on the first page of this thread, quitting in MCC will get you a temporary ban. The first quit will get you a 5 min ban; the second quit will be a 15 min ban; the third quit will be 1 hr. If you go 24 hours without quitting, the system will forgot your previous quits and you'll start back at 5 min the next time.

Basically, don't quit games and you won't get banned.
Chimera30 wrote:
As written on the first page of this thread, quitting in MCC will get you a temporary ban. The first quit will get you a 5 min ban; the second quit will be a 15 min ban; the third quit will be 1 hr. If you go 24 hours without quitting, the system will forgot your previous quits and you'll start back at 5 min the next time.

Basically, don't quit games and you won't get banned.
I highly doubt it, but is there any way that 343i might have to alleviate the problem of the game disconnecting you for no reason which results in a ban or a very rare disconnect because your internet went to -yoink- all of the sudden for no particular reason (the internet part I don’t care about so much). Also there is a typo in your comment.
You know what’s hilariously fun? Getting 19 kills in a H2A match, about to win, only for the game to keep lagging until it kicks you out. You know what’s even more fun? Getting banned for it!
I mean, have they heard enough of this same issue to work on the ban system??? I guess not.
They should’ve fixed this by now ever since we had this same problem in Halo 5.
I know, it’s a short ban. But the fact I was banned at all and inconvenienced not only by the system, but the servers is downright infuriating.
https://s345.photobucket.com/user/FordFan01/media/BD23E44E-B30B-447D-9D7E-101793F27263_zpsfwwsoza0.jpeg.html

https://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p382/FordFan01/3E1E5DA4-AAA0-4982-8DC3-EFBD74EF2667_zpsgjgqj9kd.jpeg
Its a shame, I was planning on getting the MCC on PC, but unless I see a change in this system, my wallet would be better off buying a $60 clump of dirt.
You know what’s hilariously fun? Getting 19 kills in a H2A match, about to win, only for the game to keep lagging until it kicks you out. You know what’s even more fun? Getting banned for it!
I mean, have they heard enough of this same issue to work on the ban system??? I guess not.
They should’ve fixed this by now ever since we had this same problem in Halo 5.
I know, it’s a short ban. But the fact I was banned at all and and and inconvenienced not only by the servers, but the system, it’s downright infuriating.
https://s345.photobucket.com/user/FordFan01/media/BD23E44E-B30B-447D-9D7E-101793F27263_zpsfwwsoza0.jpeg.html

https://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p382/FordFan01/3E1E5DA4-AAA0-4982-8DC3-EFBD74EF2667_zpsgjgqj9kd.jpeg
Its a shame, I was planning on getting the MCC on PC, but unless I see a change in this system, my wallet would be better off buying a $60 clump of dirt.
Join the club, I was playing action sack, loaded to a black screen, got booted to lobby, and slapped with a 16 hour ban.

Never even got the small tier bans or anything, first time I have ever gotten a ban of this kind and it shocked me
How to not keep a community in a dead communtity ban them after 1 game
My friend and I were just playing some big team slayer on Halo CE, we hadn't betrayed or anything like that, when suddenly we get kicked from the game. My friend was banned for 15 mins and I received a 16 hour ban. Again, we didn't do anything wrong. I was afk for a couple of minutes at the start but we were playing like normal for ages when suddenly we get kicked for no reason. What happened?
At least update the game so it doesn't ban players when the connection is bad or the match abruptly ends.
bluevtol wrote:
My friend and I were just playing some big team slayer on Halo CE, we hadn't betrayed or anything like that, when suddenly we get kicked from the game. My friend was banned for 15 mins and I received a 16 hour ban. Again, we didn't do anything wrong. I was afk for a couple of minutes at the start but we were playing like normal for ages when suddenly we get kicked for no reason. What happened?
If you read the first post of the thread, you'll note that the ban system is incremental.

You must have quitted or disconnected from more than one match in the previous 16 hours for your ban to get that high.
Unless there was an error in applying/calculating your total quits, but I doubt that.
I posted this in another thread as well but I just repurchased an Xbox yesterday due to the fact I broke my leg and have a long recovery time. The only reason for me buying an Xbox is the fact I love playing halo. Now it says I am banned for 16 hours meanwhile I certainly did not quit 4 times yesterday. If the xbox freezing and causing a restart or a network issue causes it that is completely not fair. Unfortunately if this ban isn’t fixed I’m going to have to return the game and system. Shouldn’t have these issues playing other games on a PlayStation
I posted this in another thread as well but I just repurchased an Xbox yesterday due to the fact I broke my leg and have a long recovery time. The only reason for me buying an Xbox is the fact I love playing halo. Now it says I am banned for 16 hours meanwhile I certainly did not quit 4 times yesterday. If the xbox freezing and causing a restart or a network issue causes it that is completely not fair. Unfortunately if this ban isn’t fixed I’m going to have to return the game and system. Shouldn’t have these issues playing other games on a PlayStation
Return the game, the system and don't buy another 343 Halo. If you don't agree with 343 changing Halo it's seems that this is the only real way to protest.
I understand it banning me for the game I lagged out of, but I got a message saying a member of my party was idling when I hadn't even loaded into the next match so I got the second ban. Then as soon as I joined a game after that ban it said the game had ended as soon as everyone loaded in and that I was banned again. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? My internet is terrible so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one.
No wonder people are quitting when they are pitted against an entire party. It’s annoying as heck to constantly get stomped on because my teams at a disadvantage. At this point I don’t even care about winning, I just want to enjoy the game without getting immediately 360-Mt. Dew-Doritos-smoothly-no-scoped. We need Party Matching!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Welcome to the MCC.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 38
  4. 39
  5. 40
  6. 41
  7. 42
  8. ...
  9. 50