Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. ...
  6. 41
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Chimera30 wrote:
You know what will solve it, and is a reasonable suggestion?

PARTY MATCHING.
If it were that easy and had no drawbacks, it would have been implemented already.

The fact that it hasn't been means there must be some backend data that suggests party matching would not result in better quality matchmaking. Something like too few parties searching, or potential long search times, or even more lopsided matches, etc. Something may seem like an easy solution from your perspective, but in reality, it isn't.
I have played more than enough Halo to verify this as every time I play with a friend in a party m, I get matched with a party on the opposite team, and if I play solo where there is one party there is another.
Chimera30 wrote:
You know what will solve it, and is a reasonable suggestion?

PARTY MATCHING.
If it were that easy and had no drawbacks, it would have been implemented already.

The fact that it hasn't been means there must be some backend data that suggests party matching would not result in better quality matchmaking. Something like too few parties searching, or potential long search times, or even more lopsided matches, etc. Something may seem like an easy solution from your perspective, but in reality, it isn't.
I have played more than enough Halo to verify this as every time I play with a friend in a party m, I get matched with a party on the opposite team, and if I play solo where there is one party there is another.
A big reason why most parties search threes in ranked is to abuse the system to get free wins against solos(GOTTA GET DAT 50 AMIRITE BOIS?)
it literally eliminates the purpose of a ranking system, (which is to create fair and balanced games.) Think about it, a 50 is meaningless if you basically get it handed it to you by searching in teams of 3.

In original halo 3 if you searched 3s or 4s and managed to get a 50, THAT meant something because you were beating other sweaty teams of 3 and 4 consistently to earn that 50.

If you searched solo you only ever matched other people searching solos, twos, and the occasional team of three(but had a team of 3 on your team to balance it out.)
If you searched twos and had two solos on your team, you matched other teams of two and a solo.

IF YOU SEARCHED WITH A MIXED PARTY OF TWO(example your teammate is a 49 you're a 20) Halo3 would literally pair you with another mixed party of two thats how much foresight bungie had with matchmaking.
The way matches were created and conducted were one of the biggest reasons why halo 3 competed with MW1, MW2, AND BLOPS 1(A time when COD was a juggernaut).

If we cannot have it universally for BS population reasons, then PLEASE just put it in the playlists that it would make sense in.

H3 Arena needs party restrictions no exceptions.
Doubles needs party restrictions no exceptions.

Reach's doubles playlist was social but had party restrictions. Why? BECAUSE IT MADE SENSE TO NOT LET TWO NERDS SEARCHING TOGETHER BEAT ON RANDOMS.

A final note,

To be honest to have matchmaking be as unbalanced as it is, to have a
"Durr official why i get banned thread?" is just insulting. I understand it's there so the forums don't get flooded by the same topic but If the players want to quit to avoid the -Yoink-, 343 has us put up with they should be able to quit.

If they refuse to make matchmaking fair we should be able to pick and choose our games.

You're telling me if my team is down by 30 kills i have to just deal with it? do you know how frustrating that is, especially when i have the awareness to know the reason why im down so much is because the match was incredibly lopsided to begin with.(This is all from a competitive perspective, I couldn't care less about the social side.)

Again for the playlists like dubs and arena I will gladly wait hours if it meant getting a fair game opposed to finding the quickest game possible,

Because(this is especially bad in doubles) if I get forced to play unfair games I'll play it, get steam rolled, since i cant quit to just find another game I end up queuing up at the same time as the other team unless I decided to wait 5 minutes in between searches and end up in an endless cycle where i keep matching the same team of two over and over and over again.
and losing to them
over and over and over again.

That -Yoink- shouldnt fly 343.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Is there anyway for 343 to implement something that can tell if a player quits or disconnects? And maybe not ban players for being disconnected? I lagged out of my second match I've played in days and had an immediate ban.
And I just lagged out again and am suffering the same punishment as a second time offender

and I havent been playing recently so I know it hasn't been building up previous quits. I've literally only "quit" twice this week and got a ban both times
Is there anyway for 343 to implement something that can tell if a player quits or disconnects?
This already exists - they can easily tell the difference between a menu quit and a disconnect, it's the disconnection that is the problem. There is no discernible way to tell if the player was dropped from the server or if they pulled out their cable / turned off their wifi / power went out, the game simply sees you as no longer being there. It can't be left unchecked / unpunished as people would abuse it for situations where they were losing to save their stats, then claim they were disconnected. This was actually a big problem for MCC late last year which is why these quit bans were introduced
Is there anyway for 343 to implement something that can tell if a player quits or disconnects? And maybe not ban players for being disconnected? I lagged out of my second match I've played in days and had an immediate ban.
And I just lagged out again and am suffering the same punishment as a second time offender

and I havent been playing recently so I know it hasn't been building up previous quits. I've literally only "quit" twice this week and got a ban both times
They can already tell the difference between a quit and a disconnect.

The problem is, they can't tell the difference between genuine networking issues, and a player yanking out their ethernet cable.

So for now, they are treating quits and DCs the same, because if not, people who get upset when losing would just pull out their cable.
stckrboy wrote:
Is there anyway for 343 to implement something that can tell if a player quits or disconnects?
This already exists - they can easily tell the difference between a menu quit and a disconnect, it's the disconnection that is the problem. There is no discernible way to tell if the player was dropped from the server or if they pulled out their cable / turned off their wifi / power went out, the game simply sees you as no longer being there. It can't be left unchecked / unpunished as people would abuse it for situations where they were losing to save their stats, then claim they were disconnected. This was actually a big problem for MCC late last year which is why these quit bans were introduced
Quite understandable.
Haven't played MCC in about a week. Logged on for the first time since last week and it says I am banned for ONE MONTH. Uhhh, excuse me? What is this all about????
Sooo I was in a game for 5 minutes and all of a sudden. BAM, it says my game session was “interrupted” kicked me from the game. And that I’m banned for 5 minutes. However, when I was playing last night my Xbox kept losing connection with my router and disconnected me like 3 times in a row. Maybe that has something to do with it?
When im on a match, sometimes the host leaves and then the default MCC loading screen shows and keeps unresponsive for minutes. I quit because of that taking out the disc, and when i want to play again, it says that i got banned. i hope that you can solve this because i dont know if this affects my xbox live reputation.

Edit 1: this happened today again, in the morning
When im on a match, sometimes the host leaves and then the default MCC loading screen shows and keeps unresponsive for minutes. I quit because of that taking out the disc, and when i want to play again, it says that i got banned. i hope that you can solve this because i dont know if this affects my xbox live reputation
MCC actually doesn't have hosts anymore. That's just a remnant of the UI from back before MCC switched to dedicated servers. Currently, MCC uses dedicated servers; the only exception being when there are server issues and they manually switch to P2P temporarily during maintenance, which they announce on public channels like Waypoint and Twitter.
For this issue you are reporting: how often does this happen? Since matchmaking games occur on dedicated servers, someone quitting should not have any affect on your connection. Have you turned on the IP masking the game provides? In terms of Xbox Live reputation, quitting early is one of the report options that people can file as complaints against you, and if XBLPET sees evidence that corroborates those complaints, it could affect your reputation. My suggestion would be for you to troubleshoot your to try and figure out where this issue of the game becoming unresponsive when someone quits stems from, as it should not be related to host migration for the reasons I stated previously.
Chimera30 wrote:
When im on a match, sometimes the host leaves and then the default MCC loading screen shows and keeps unresponsive for minutes. I quit because of that taking out the disc, and when i want to play again, it says that i got banned. i hope that you can solve this because i dont know if this affects my xbox live reputation
MCC actually doesn't have hosts anymore. That's just a remnant of the UI from back before MCC switched to dedicated servers. Currently, MCC uses dedicated servers; the only exception being when there are server issues and they manually switch to P2P temporarily during maintenance, which they announce on public channels like Waypoint and Twitter.
For this issue you are reporting: how often does this happen? Since matchmaking games occur on dedicated servers, someone quitting should not have any affect on your connection. Have you turned on the IP masking the game provides? In terms of Xbox Live reputation, quitting early is one of the report options that people can file as complaints against you, and if XBLPET sees evidence that corroborates those complaints, it could affect your reputation. My suggestion would be for you to troubleshoot your to try and figure out where this issue of the game becoming unresponsive when someone quits stems from, as it should not be related to host migration for the reasons I stated previously.
it happens almost daily. only in one match of each day this happens. And this happens to more people, i was in a party with friends and this happened to them too.
I dont want to activate the IP mask because it says that doing it your connection will be slower, but i dont know how much slower.
I dont want to activate the IP mask because it says that doing it your connection will be slower, but i dont know how much slower.
The only thing 343 said the IP masking does is possibly make your voice chat lag. I never heard of it making your connection slower and I can only speak for myself, but I use it and my connection is just fine.
Trying to figure out why I was banned, but how/where do you go to find out why?? Its random and for no reason for me!! I don't understand!!!
Trying to figure out why I was banned, but how/where do you go to find out why?? Its random and for no reason for me!! I don't understand!!!
What happened in your last couple games before the ban?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
What happened in your last couple games before the ban?
And Frag Daddy have you taken a moment to read the first post of this thread?
This banning thing is crazy. I get disconnected from a game and am banned until tomorrow? You’re killing your own game. Reverse my ban, and banning in general. The idea is to get people to come back and play holy Christ
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. ...
  6. 41