Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. ...
  6. 42
Yeah my other offense
stckrboy wrote:
sithlary wrote:
was playing a 4v4 on pit, we were pretty far ahead. Game starts to lag from someone rage quitting then I get kicked to lobby then proceed to get a 1 hour ban? What do I do?!?!
Wait the hour out and then you can play. A 1 hour ban means that would be your third offense
yeah my other two offense was for killing a team mate that would just run around lowering all our healths so the other team could one shot us. fun game...... lol
So I get banned for a certain time because my -Yoink- roommate keeps pressing the power button. Damn even years later I still miss bungie.

This post has been hidden.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
Spoiler:
Show
So I get banned for a certain time because my -Yoink- roommate keeps pressing the power button. Damn even years later I still miss bungie.
I'm not sure how one relates to the other here, it's not 343's fault that your roommate keeps doing that. Tell them to stop or find a new roommate
AshamanND wrote:
How does this work for trolls/bad sportsmanship? Examples:driving the wrong way, stealing your flag then bringing it back to the enemy’s base or soft betrayals.

Do I have to report them or have video evidence?

Also how does affect like a super team like just spawn killing with contesting the time on halo 2 aka forever never ending game? Is that unsportsmanlike would you or could you get banned?
...you can't pick up your own flag and bring it anywhere, let alone the enemy base.
You can grab a vehicle and drive another player from the other team to their base to score points, he didn't word it well but you can easily betray in objective games. Also, I think it's absurd that there isn't a "vote for a forfeit" option yet. Why should I be forced to stay with a teammate who goes 3 and 19? I get banned for leaving a game because we're down 39-17? Or I get forced out of the game due to internet, or servers, or Xbox live and when I get back I'm banned for something possibly (usually not my internet) out of my control? Especially in social, some people are new to Halo (which is fine) but if you and your guest go a collective negative 24, you're holding others hostage because they don't want a silly ban. Getting banned anytime you accidentally leave or get stuck with new players/awful humans who troll and betray is utterly absurd.
Hi All,
Just wanted to find out why I was banned for a month, left a game without realising this rule was in affect and that was it. It was my second game on after over a year of not playing and never have I been banned before.
Any answers would be appreciated.
AshamanND wrote:
How does this work for trolls/bad sportsmanship? Examples:driving the wrong way, stealing your flag then bringing it back to the enemy’s base or soft betrayals.

Do I have to report them or have video evidence?

Also how does affect like a super team like just spawn killing with contesting the time on halo 2 aka forever never ending game? Is that unsportsmanlike would you or could you get banned?
...you can't pick up your own flag and bring it anywhere, let alone the enemy base.
You can grab a vehicle and drive another player from the other team to their base to score points, he didn't word it well but you can easily betray in objective games. Also, I think it's absurd that there isn't a "vote for a forfeit" option yet. Why should I be forced to stay with a teammate who goes 3 and 19? I get banned for leaving a game because we're down 39-17? Or I get forced out of the game due to internet, or servers, or Xbox live and when I get back I'm banned for something possibly (usually not my internet) out of my control? Especially in social, some people are new to Halo (which is fine) but if you and your guest go a collective negative 24, you're holding others hostage because they don't want a silly ban. Getting banned anytime you accidentally leave or get stuck with new players/awful humans who troll and betray is utterly absurd.
Why are you down 39-17 in the first place? Until you can at least carry your team so that you are never down by 5, I don't even see how this is a legitimate complaint. I just had to get 43 kills because my teammates scored 3, 4, and 0. We won by a point, and of course I received nasty messages from salty players on the other team. Hey, it happens.
Hi All,
Just wanted to find out why I was banned for a month, left a game without realising this rule was in affect and that was it. It was my second game on after over a year of not playing and never have I been banned before.
You don't get a month long ban for just leaving one game. It's only 5 minutes.
Read the first post of this thread, there is a hierarchy of bans.

It's possible you quit others without remembering, or perhaps you lagged out of some matches prior to this one.
AshamanND wrote:
Hi All,

It's possible you quit others without remembering, or perhaps you lagged out of some matches prior to this one.
I don’t know how I could prove it to you but I literally haven’t touch the game in over a year so maybe they kept a record of a game I may have quit back then. And I played 1 game of slayer and got into a game of gun goose and quit, thinking I’d change my matchmaking settings and jump back in. If there’s nothing I can do about it, then I’ll just leave it till next month.
AshamanND wrote:
Hi All,

I don’t know how I could prove it to you but I literally haven’t touch the game in over a year so maybe they kept a record of a game I may have quit back then. And I played 1 game of slayer and got into a game of gun goose and quit, thinking I’d change my matchmaking settings and jump back in. If there’s nothing I can do about it, then I’ll just leave it till next month.
The other thing to consider is if you are reading the time/date of the ban ending properly.

It might be configured m/d/y or d/m/y
Since August is 8th month, and September is 9th month, and Today is August 9th....
See where I'm going with this?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
Spoiler:
Show
lakito uwu wrote:
It has to be a mistake because idk what else it could’ve been. We never leave matches. I’d really like my first warning back if that’s possible. What can I do to appeal/reverse it?
It could've been a server issue or your connection had a hiccup. Your latest ban resets after 24 hours so the accumulations won't affect you after that time.
Hi,

I got banned from MCC matchmaking on Saturday. My Halo service tag was "TEA" and my friends was "BAG" and we went round together and doubleteabagged every kill, very silly, very fun, but is that actually against the rules? I don't want to get banned again.

Thanks.
Hi,

I got banned from MCC matchmaking on Saturday. My Halo service tag was "TEA" and my friends was "BAG" and we went round together and doubleteabagged every kill, very silly, very fun, but is that actually against the rules? I don't want to get banned again.

Thanks.
You don't get banned for teabagging players, so it was likely something else that caused your account to be banned
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 40
  4. 41
  5. ...
  6. 42