Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. ...
  6. 43
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
To be fair, they seem to be improving and atleast somewhat listen to the community for the big things (like Infinite and bug fixes for MCC PC), but yeah, these smaller issues also need to be ironed out. Also, Bungie isn't what it was. There are very little people left who were involved in Halo. Just look at how disastrous Destiny has been compared to their Halo glory days.
Hello,

I live on pacific island and sometimes internet connection is bad , or have 200 to 400 ms lag.

So i get disconnected from the game, and i get a lot of ban...

I'msorry this happens but i can't help it, i am not a leaver or troller, but a true fan since 2001 ! I got each halo qnd love them.

I hope a moderator will see my post and be kind. Please stop banning me

Have a good day

Ghost emperor
Bans in Halo are automated and not handled by moderators, there's no way to stop the system from taking action again you without opening up the system to being exploited by others.
stckrboy wrote:
Bans in Halo are automated and not handled by moderators, there's no way to stop the system from taking action again you without opening up the system to being exploited by others.
So you're not even gonna respond to my message? I would love an explanation. I don't think it's too much to ask, is it? I will say it again. It would be in your best interest to make the banhammer a little more forgiving, because the way it is now makes no sense. You have a bad match up system in social games, which sometimes makes a random team match up against a party filled with highly skilled players who keep spawn killing everyone in the other team, and it can be so bad that all you can do is stand still and let them kill you. That hardly seems fair. To add injury to insult, if you do keep standing still, you get kicked out of the game and receive the ban too, so what fun is there in just watching yourself get killed over and over without being able to do anything about it? It's very user unfriendly. I've seen and heard countless people complain about this, but you won't even address it, even though you claim to be listening to your community. You have 2 broken systems in place, and I think atleast one of the 2 needs to be fixed in order for multiplayer to give players the right experience. Either make a system where people in social games are matched up against people with similar skills, or make the banhammer more forgiving. Instead of getting banned after one game, make it 2 games. The former sollution would fix both issues, because there will be no need to leave the game, but it is a more complex one. The latter is a quick fix. Please listen to your community and give my message a proper response. I have been playing Halo for over 15 years, so it feels pretty insulting that you would just ignore me while I'm bringing up a very fair issue which a lot of people complain about.
So you're not even gonna respond to my message? I would love an explanation.
He doesn't work for 343. The people that do work there will most likely see your post eventually though.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
So you're not even gonna respond to my message? I would love an explanation.
He doesn't work for 343. The people that do work there will most likely see your post eventually though.
^ This. Additionally it's not always possible for the team to come and respond to every message that gets posted, but i can assure you that they are read and feedback is logged. Issues with the ban system have been noted for a while but it takes time to develop and test changes like this, I'm sure they will get to it at the next opportunity. Right now the focus is bug fixing and getting Reach added to MCC and MCC on to PC
I’ve been sent back to home screen twice today for lagging out. You guys need to figure out a way to not enforce the ban for something like that. I get banning ppl for leaving a match, but this was not my choice
Hey all
crazyboxXx911 here

I think I have been banned from the server permanently. I try not to quit a game but with kids and a wife that won’t leave you alone long enough sometimes to finish a game, sometimes it is a necessity to power off.

can someone look into this and fix it for me??
Got put into a BTB game where it was 8 vs 1. Why?!
Naturally, i left.
Banned.

Game before, despite half my team leaving as we kept getting spawn killed, i stayed.

First time i've encountered a ban, but shouldn't be matching in to 1 vs 8.
eskimo4130 wrote:
Got put into a BTB game where it was 8 vs 1. Why?!
Naturally, i left.
Banned.

Game before, despite half my team leaving as we kept getting spawn killed, i stayed.

First time i've encountered a ban, but shouldn't be matching in to 1 vs 8.
I've actually had that happen to me, I quit as soon as I see that and if I get banned I move on over to one of the other halo games I have on my xbox,lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. ...
  6. 43