Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 42
  4. 43
  5. 44
  6. ...
  7. 45
And now in my last game tonight on Avalanche multi-bomb. They weren't even *trying* to score. Do 343 even acknowledge that these kind of matches are *insert favorite swear* pointless and are just killboxes with no way out? You're just supposed to sit there getting spawn camped or eat massive timeout bans.
I've seen a LOT of people accidentally (or at least I hope accidentally) splatter teammates because of the game's horrible vehicle acceleration physics. This is quite a concerning thread especially when much of these causes are either from lag, bad connection or pure game physics.
I keep getting banned for 3 hours if I quit two games, two days ago I got lagged out of a match and was put on a 3 hour ban, I have a video prove it. How do I post it?
I keep getting banned for 3 hours if I quit two games, two days ago I got lagged out of a match and was put on a 3 hour ban, I have a video prove it. How do I post it?
You'll just have to post the link on its own; hyperlinks are a Marine rank and above thing.
Current ban ladder for MCC:
  • First offence: 5 minute ban
  • Second offense: 15 minute ban
  • Third offense: 60 minute ban
  • Fourth offense: 16 hour ban
I don't think 3 hour bans are a thing
Just for comparison, I think 343 and Halo are pretty fair.
Check out this tweet from The Coalition regarding Gears 5 bans.
https://twitter.com/CoalitionGears/status/1182384141041618945?s=19
AshamanND wrote:
Current ban ladder for MCC:
  • First offence: 5 minute ban
  • Second offense: 15 minute ban
  • Third offense: 60 minute ban
  • Fourth offense: 16 hour ban
I don't think 3 hour bans are a thing
I was loading into a game not even 2 minutes ago, I got disconnected which counts as a quit. I went back to Matchmaking and it told me my ban will be lifted at 2:17 AM. In my area the current time is 11:22 PM, so thats yet another 3 hour ban.
I was loading into a game not even 2 minutes ago, I got disconnected which counts as a quit. I went back to Matchmaking and it told me my ban will be lifted at 2:17 AM. In my area the current time is 11:22 PM, so thats yet another 3 hour ban.
As far as I know, ban times are not localised and instead show in PT. What timezone are you in, that could help figure things out. There are no 3 hour bans in MCC
I still strongly personally plead to having the first offense being after 3 to 5 quits and here's why, lets say the Server kicks me off because it can't stabilize everyone in the game and yes this has happened to me personally multiple times in the last 2 months. On top of that lets say it is my internet and not the server that kicks me off, I feel like I should have a chance to correct my Modem/Router and reset it without having to wait an additional 5 mins every single time my Internet and not me quits. But lets also say all my teammates quit out and now it's me against 4 others and because Halo MCC won't have a Join In Progress for Social games unlike Custom Games I either have to enjoy facing 4 enemies at once or quit and wait 5 mins when it's not my fault that the game now isn't enjoyable. I also Strongly suggest when it comes to PC to make it atleast 3 quits to a ban because PC Issues can and WILL HAPPEN, you can get a BSOD or a random lock up and now it's the PC being the issue not the user or the Server and then you are going to have complaints on that front. I'm not saying I'm perfect or anyone is but this needs to happen. Please 343 let this be the standard
stckrboy wrote:
As far as I know, ban times are not localised and instead show in PT. What timezone are you in, that could help figure things out. There are no 3 hour bans in MCC
EST is my timezone.
If the bans go by Pacific time, then it would've been a 6 hour ban instead which also wouldn't make sense. You said you had a video of the ban earlier so why not just post the URL of it so we can see for ourselves or post a screenshot of the ban time?
LUKEPOWA wrote:
If the bans go by Pacific time, then it would've been a 6 hour ban instead which also wouldn't make sense. You said you had a video of the ban earlier so why not just post the url of it so we can see for ourselves or post a screenshot of the ban time?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etSfjlYVlUo&feature=youtu.be
Interesting, it looks like something that needs to be looked into deeper.
it might not be from the time the message is received, but rather from the time the ban was put in place.
It says the date it will be lifted is 10/08/2019. Which day did you take this video?
Going by his posts on Oct. 9th, he said he got banned last night so it's likely early morning on the 9th when he recorded that, but I guess he can fill us in on that.
The other possibility is that it is a manually administered ban.

Those are rare, but do occur. If someone quits frequently, 343 may decide to look at things beyond the automated system.
No idea if this is the case here, but it could be.
That could be possible, but he said it happened 3 different times which makes me doubt a 343 member would keep giving out the same ban length for a repeat offender.
And another, Sandbox (yet again), another killbox setup which you can't escape without penalty
AshamanND wrote:
it might not be from the time the message is received, but rather from the time the ban was put in place.
It says the date it will be lifted is 10/08/2019. Which day did you take this video?
I took the video shortly after I got that message. So about 10 seconds after.
AshamanND wrote:
The other possibility is that it is a manually administered ban.

Those are rare, but do occur. If someone quits frequently, 343 may decide to look at things beyond the automated system.
No idea if this is the case here, but it could be.
I don't quit more then 3 matches a day, I don't quit to be "That -Yoink-" its either from my team being incompetent or I keep getting spawn killed. When the 343 employee asked for my GT and I gave it to him, he never got back to me about it which was weird. If a member of 343 is doing this ban then the person I was in contact with should of looked into this instead of ignoring me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 42
  4. 43
  5. 44
  6. ...
  7. 45