Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 43
  4. 44
  5. 45
  6. 46
  7. 47
  8. ...
  9. 51
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Going by his posts on Oct. 9th, he said he got banned last night so it's likely early morning on the 9th when he recorded that, but I guess he can fill us in on that.
When I got banned its 1 AM as you see in the video, meaning its the next day for my area. The weird thing is months ago to years like 2017, I would quit a lot more in a day and never get a 3 hour ban. Now I quit way less and I get a 3 hour ban.
The weird thing is months ago to years like 2017, I would quit a lot more in a day and never get a 3 hour ban. Now I quit way less and I get a 3 hour ban.
Have you tried to stop quitting which would solve any bans that you're getting? Also, if half of a team quits, you can quit without getting a ban so try and stay in a game until other people quit first if you absolutely have to quit.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
The weird thing is months ago to years like 2017, I would quit a lot more in a day and never get a 3 hour ban. Now I quit way less and I get a 3 hour ban.
Have you tried to stop quitting which would solve any bans that you're getting? Also, if half of a team quits, you can quit without getting a ban so try and stay in a game until other people quit first if you absolutely have to quit.
I have tried that, but here and there when the game is on the loading screen I will get disconnected, it happened when I was in the recent ban I got for 3 hours. It happened because my Xbox actually froze then restarted. Another time I was in a game and it just randomly disconnected me.
I think they should consider some matchmade modes a little different. Halo 1 big team battle can get so chaotic and it's very easy to team kill with the vehicles. Teammates can spawn in front of your vehicle as your driving, warthogs can go flying and hit a teammate. The vehicles being indestructible and grenades being super lethal doesn't help either. Halo 1 teamkills are way easier to happen accidentally than any other game.

I got a ban during big team battle in halo 1 and I think that mode should be excluded or have a much more lenient ban limit. The chaos and unexpected stuff is part of the fun there. It's not super serious play.
Well. After a long time I started giving Halo another shot. Got a game that was so laggy I couldn’t get a shot to register so I quit. 15 minute ban later and I uninstalled halo from my Xbox.

I’ll be back for Reach and hopefully they’ll have a better matchmaking and banning system in effect.

Also, Ashaman, do you work for the forum? Or do you just spend your down time here telling people not to be mad they get banned?
Its Wednesday in my area now, so about 1 AM. I played just ONE game within the hour, half of my team was AFK, and the enemy team stole our warthog so I left the game, what happens? 3 hour ban. I give up on this game, I keep trying to reach out to 343 Industries, and they say I am full of it. I messaged a 343 Employee about it since he spoke to me first, and he never answered me back! I once again recorded this as proof but it doesn't get me anywhere at all.
i cant even enjoy halo anymore because im playing against people who just sit there and spawn kill me immediately, wanna fix the mid game disconnects? fix your matchmaking, its absolutely abhorrent when im forced to watch youtube just because im not allowed to leave a game without suffering a -Yoinking!- 16 hour ban. -Yoink- whoever thought banning disconnects was a smart move outside of ranked.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
i cant even enjoy halo anymore because im playing against people who just sit there and spawn kill me immediately, wanna fix the mid game disconnects? fix your matchmaking, its absolutely abhorrent when im forced to watch youtube just because im not allowed to leave a game without suffering a -Yoinking!- 16 hour ban. -Yoink- whoever thought banning disconnects was a smart move outside of ranked.
Guess ill just use a rubber band as i afk :D
  1. If other people has disconnected on your team (50% of them or more) you can quit with no penalty.
    In a 4v4, once 2 people from your team are gone, you can quit.
  2. Admitting to AFK'ing is a great way to get yourself manually banned by 343 as soon as someone reports when you actually do it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
You Literally cannot stop me.
I'm just trying to offer you some information to help your experience.
343 has also issued console bans in the past...

Look, I want things to be improved as well. Disconnects are a problem, I agree.
We need to discuss things constructively, and suggest solutions, and voice our displeasure respectfully.

That's all.

I hope you enjoy playing tonight, and try out Infection if you haven't - opportunity to get a unique nameplate! (10 completed matches - not quitting or d/c)
ooooh a console ban on a 5 year old console, im so spooked! XD
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
I wasn't talking about banning on the forums.

Anyhow, I disagree about getting rid of auto bans in social.
Social players deserve to have a game experience that is competitive, and with full lobbies, just as much as ranked players do.

Perhaps more can be done by 343 to make the social games competitive and fair. I imagine some changes might come in when Reach launches, and when the PC players arrive. Especially considering the possibility of crossplay down the line.

One thing that directly makes games less competitive is people quitting. There should be penalties for rampant quitters.
Maybe - they could adjust things so that the penalties are not the same as those in ranked. But I don't think they should be removed entirely in social.

I fully support removing the ban for the first quit/dc of the day though. I think everyone should get 1 freebie.
AshamanND wrote:
rather then banning people for getting pissed (and rightfully so) how about you fix the game as well as the matchmaking and i dunno... maybe get rid of the auto bans for the social playlist like intelligent devs for once?
I wasn't talking about banning on the forums.

Anyhow, I disagree about getting rid of auto bans in social.
Social players deserve to have a game experience that is competitive, and with full lobbies, just as much as ranked players do.

Perhaps more can be done by 343 to make the social games competitive and fair. I imagine some changes might come in when Reach launches, and when the PC players arrive. Especially considering the possibility of crossplay down the line.

One thing that directly makes games less competitive is people quitting. There should be penalties for rampant quitters.
Maybe - they could adjust things so that the penalties are not the same as those in ranked. But I don't think they should be removed entirely in social.

I fully support removing the ban for the first quit/dc of the day though. I think everyone should get 1 freebie.
No, there should be no penalties for people quitting in social outside of getting deranked in that playlist, having somebody banned for just leaving a game after they get spawn killed the entire time is absolutely stupid. getting banned in rank on the other hand, im perfectly fine with (i don't even play ranked because i hate playing with tryhards) the social play list should be treated as such and people should not be forced to get creamed in spawn or afk just because they cannot leave without getting banned.
I was playing some social Halo 2 just now and while playing my game crashed and brought me back to the xbox home. I relaunched the game and I was told I was banned from matchmaking for 10 minutes. -Yoinking!- ban system is broken as hell.
I was playing some social Halo 2 just now and while playing my game crashed and brought me back to the xbox home. I relaunched the game and I was told I was banned from matchmaking for 10 minutes. -Yoinking!- ban system is broken as hell.
This has happened to me so many times, I pray to god this is fixed in the pc version of the game. I have a very good connection so lag is not a huge issue. But a few times my game has crashed mid game giving me a ban. 343 needs to look into this, I am sure they are aware of this but don't really care much. The game is still broken, I tried to get into one match today because I really wanted to play but it kept saying right after it found players "Leaving matchmaking" this happened 3 times in a row like wtf?
They just need to give us 1 freebie per day
AshamanND wrote:
They just need to give us 1 freebie per day
Thats how it needs to be, or I am sure 343 knows how to make a working ban system, so why not put one in that says "Oh you got disconnected from the match due to either the Xbox or the server so your not banned" Disconnecting counts as a ban even when its not your fault. Its their fault and yet we can punished for it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 43
  4. 44
  5. 45
  6. 46
  7. 47
  8. ...
  9. 51