Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 44
  4. 45
  5. 46
  6. ...
  7. 47
ZoeyCooper wrote:
I was playing some social Halo 2 just now and while playing my game crashed and brought me back to the xbox home. I relaunched the game and I was told I was banned from matchmaking for 10 minutes. -Yoinking!- ban system is broken as hell.
This has happened to me so many times, I pray to god this is fixed in the pc version of the game. I have a very good connection so lag is not a huge issue. But a few times my game has crashed mid game giving me a ban. 343 needs to look into this, I am sure they are aware of this but don't really care much. The game is still broken, I tried to get into one match today because I really wanted to play but it kept saying right after it found players "Leaving matchmaking" this happened 3 times in a row like wtf?
And I don't know why but when I first played MCC back in 2016 they gave you many warnings on quieting too many games and if you quit one last time then it was a ban. I just came back to the game this year and my game crashed then all the sudden I got banned. Is the ban system broken or did they change that? If they intentionally did that then they made a stupid mistake.
ZoeyCooper wrote:
ZoeyCooper wrote:
I was playing some social Halo 2 just now and while playing my game crashed and brought me back to the xbox home. I relaunched the game and I was told I was banned from matchmaking for 10 minutes. -Yoinking!- ban system is broken as hell.
This has happened to me so many times, I pray to god this is fixed in the pc version of the game. I have a very good connection so lag is not a huge issue. But a few times my game has crashed mid game giving me a ban. 343 needs to look into this, I am sure they are aware of this but don't really care much. The game is still broken, I tried to get into one match today because I really wanted to play but it kept saying right after it found players "Leaving matchmaking" this happened 3 times in a row like wtf?
And I don't know why but when I first played MCC back in 2016 they gave you many warnings on quieting too many and games and if you quit one last time then it was a ban. I just came back to the game this year and my game crashed then all the sudden I got banned. Is the ban system broken or did they change that? If they intentionally did that then they made a stupid mistake.
I remember that as well when the game came out, don't know why they changed it. They honestly need to have tech support or something. In the ban message it could say "If your banned due to the game crashing or being disconnected please show us the proof and contact us right away" instead we get punished for their -Yoink- up. The game is still broken to this day. Matchmaking hardly works for me anymore, it always stays on "Searching for more players" and when it finds people half of the time it says "Leaving matchmaking" FOR NO REASON!
Speaking about xcloud, it is great for slow offline gaming, I don't recommend using it for multiplayer as it is very likely to receive numerous types of ban unintentionally for now. Idk if the game recognizes if you are streaming or not.
AshamanND wrote:
They just need to give us 1 freebie per day
Thats how it needs to be, or I am sure 343 knows how to make a working ban system, so why not put one in that says "Oh you got disconnected from the match due to either the Xbox or the server so your not banned" Disconnecting counts as a ban even when its not your fault. Its their fault and yet we can punished for it.
The problem is that people can unplug their internet if they are losing.
I was once again banned for 3 hours by just leaving one match earlier today. I bet no one at 343 is even bothering to look into this nor reach out to me about this. As they probably think I am full of it. I have several videos to show this happening on different days. Still no help about it.
I was once again banned for 3 hours by just leaving one match earlier today. I bet no one at 343 is even bothering to look into this nor reach out to me about this. As they probably think I am full of it. I have several videos to show this happening on different days. Still no help about it.
Well, at this point we know that quit bans exist.
We know there was an initial ban 'ladder' in place.

The idea was to stop people from quitting - you're still quitting. Day after day. Maybe the system is different for repeat quitters.
Maybe the system has slightly tightened up since it was first implemented.

In any case, I understand your frustration for not getting answers.
But posting over and over on the same forum probably won't yield any new results.

Either DM some of the appropriate people on Waypoint, Reddit, Twitter etc - or wait until Reach launches on PC.
Because I have a feeling things might change when the PC MCC launches.

Best of luck, and try not to quit for now.
You know how 343 could prevent people from quitting? Not making social games a -Yoink- show of being pitted against sweaty -Yoinks!- that stomp people with 30+ kills leaving the rest of their team with single digits. Some kind of invisible Elo/Skill matching would be nice for some more relaxed matches where you are playing with people of similar skill. If there's not enough people for it, fall back to the current system of pitting everyone against anyone.

The current state of social matchmaking has beaten my love of Halo out of me. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
And once again, another kill box, Valhalla, multi-bomb. They weren't even trying to score. Full team of 50s against team of randoms. How is this type of matching supposed to be allowed by Matchmaking anyway? Are you *actually* doing anything against this stuff? It certainly doesn't feel like it.
And another two with the same group as before, Valhalla neutral bomb and Rats Nest neutral. If you're going to force us to match up with these people repeatedly with no recourse to say "this isn't a good match" or escape them, then your system is broken.
Could someone PLEASE fix MCC's ban issue? EVERY game I play in 4v4 social matchmaking has 1 to 2 players who do nothing at all to play the game. All they do is betray you until they you almost get the boot option, and then they simply shoot you till your shield breaks and they watch you get headshot by an enemy, that way they cant get booted. I cannot leave these matches because I will get a 5 minute or longer ban. The ban is no longer necessary in social because people can now search for the exact things they want to play. The ban system for quitting games has made this game unplayable for me. I am miserable on the game I love the most. Can somebody PLEASE do something to fix this problem? Literally every 2-5 games I run into these types of players who do nothing but ruin the entire game, and all I am allowed to do is sit there and do nothing, or leave and get banned. I am not exaggerating, I am not pretending, I am being completely honest about experiences. None of my friends play the game anymore for this very reason, and neither can I at this point. Fix this please, please. PLEASE. This is my favorite game.... I am literally begging for some mercy....
The ban is no longer necessary in social because people can now search for the exact things they want to play. None of my friends play the game anymore for this very reason, and neither can I at this point. Fix this please
Getting what you want to play isn't the only reason why people quit. If you and your friends play together, then you won't run into random players betraying you. It sucks, but the only thing you can do is report those people.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
They just need to give us 1 freebie per day
Thats how it needs to be, or I am sure 343 knows how to make a working ban system, so why not put one in that says "Oh you got disconnected from the match due to either the Xbox or the server so your not banned" Disconnecting counts as a ban even when its not your fault. Its their fault and yet we can punished for it.
The problem is that people can unplug their internet if they are losing.
enough people doing this is some made up -Yoink- like people handing out drugs instead of Halloween candy, this ban system is garbage and anyone who has played mcc or the original games knows it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
And yet another "fun" killbox setup. Valhalla - Neutral bomb .Scored two and then just proceeded to kill. Seen these guys plenty of times. Why is nothing ever done against these type of folks? It seems this is the type of game 343i wants to promote sometimes.

If quitting was apparently lowering the quality of games, then we certainly have a new front-runner for that then. It's teams like that that want to do nothing but pad their stats for 15mins while you're trapped with no exit.
Why is nothing ever done against these type of folks? It seems this is the type of game 343i wants to promote sometimes.
Cause it's not a bannable offense. 343 could do things to make it happen less often like even stricter skill matching, party restrictions or maybe even a surrender option, but I don't think they want to go that route in social.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Why is nothing ever done against these type of folks? It seems this is the type of game 343i wants to promote sometimes.
Cause it's not a bannable offense. 343 could do things to make it happen less often like even stricter skill matching, party restrictions or maybe even a surrender option, but I don't think they want to go that route in social.
You didn't get banned for anything of the things we are being banned for now in the original games so since they added in this system they could certainly start banning people for what Spottedkitty mentioned. Not that i want them to add more bannable offenses to this game

343 screwed up big time implementing this system, no one is happy with it and it appears 343 has no idea how to manage/fix it. The best thing they could of done was focus on making the game as close to the originals as possible and left the patrolling to the xbox live report a player feature. They created this ban system that punishes people for things that were never punished in the original games because bungie realized accidents/-Yoink- happens and that a system that treats everyone as guilty with no review is wrong. So now you have players who shoot teammates till they are almost dead so an enemy can kill them (normally they would betray and you could just boot them out of the game), you have awol players because you get banned for quitting (and lets be real being awol is a lot worse than quitting). the games automatically start now so if you forget to back out you are automatically stuck in a game you dont want to play and will either get banned for quitting or sit afk. so 343 implements a system supposed to catch afk players except most of the time it just boots out people who are looking for a game.

I appreciate what 343 is trying to do but imo they are screwing up classic halo games with this system, it is making me, someone who always played halo, who used to get the game at mid night releases etc etc, play less and overall play worse for my team. i have to worry about being banned because a teammate might walk into a group of three enemies and instead of being able to get a triple kill with a rocket, grenade, splatter i'm too worried about getting a betrayal and being booted/banned. if i have to leave the game i cant just shut off the xbox and leave i have to leave my guy awol just standing there to die or else ill be banned, and god forbid i dont make it back in time to hit b so i dont get launched into a new game i cant or dont want to play. i know there is a system in place that is supposed to boot afk players but lets be real it only works sometimes just like when half your team quits your supposed to get a pass on being banned, we all know that doesnt work everytime either.

I believe the best thing 343 can do to address these issues with the players is make the ban system as close to the original games as possible and let the players report players acting in bad faith. I believe most all of the Halo games are rated M so we should all be mature enough to understand that the people playing this game may have a legitimate reason to leave the game and that happening once in a while is okay. Team killing accidents also happen or maybe it was just in the best interest of the team to sacrifice one in order to kill two or three enemies and that is okay. If team killing is never okay and you can now be banned for doing it, why is it even possible?

Lets go back to reporting players with the built in report a player feature on the xbox, and leave the policing to the players.
I totally appreciate what you're trying to say.
But just because things were done in a certain way in the past doesn't mean it was the best it could have been.
Saying to make the system exactly the same as the original doesn't mean it would be ideal. Also, I feel like each game (2-4) had different ban criteria.
Of course, it also doesn't mean the current system is the best either.

Gaming has changed a bit in 15 years, and so have gamers, habits, and attitudes. The system should reflect that.

I think the spirit of the new system is better, but the criteria should be tweaked.
It's too much of a knee-jerk right now.

Instant ban on first 'offence' (DC, crash, quit) is too harsh. Even though it's only 5 minutes (ie the time is takes to reboot the game, use the washroom and get a drink) the problem is that if you have the game crash on you again in your same play session, you're now looking at a 15 minute ban.
We should all get 1 freebie per day, minimum. That way, when the game inevitably fails (because it does sometimes) we aren't penalized for it.

It also gives the opportunity for us to actually quit out of a lopsided game.
Hopefully if we quit and restart search immediately (without a ban) we'd get matched against a different group, and avoid the lopsided matchup again.

Just my two cents.
AshamanND wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
You didn't get banned for anything of the things we are being banned for now in the original games so since they added in this system they could certainly start banning people for what Spottedkitty mentioned. Not that i want them to add more bannable offenses to this game

343 screwed up big time implementing this system, no one is happy with it and it appears 343 has no idea how to manage/fix it. The best thing they could of done was focus on making the game as close to the originals as possible and left the patrolling to the xbox live report a player feature. They created this ban system that punishes people for things that were never punished in the original games because bungie realized accidents/-Yoink- happens and that a system that treats everyone as guilty with no review is wrong. So now you have players who shoot teammates till they are almost dead so an enemy can kill them (normally they would betray and you could just boot them out of the game), you have awol players because you get banned for quitting (and lets be real being awol is a lot worse than quitting). the games automatically start now so if you forget to back out you are automatically stuck in a game you dont want to play and will either get banned for quitting or sit afk. so 343 implements a system supposed to catch afk players except most of the time it just boots out people who are looking for a game.

I appreciate what 343 is trying to do but imo they are screwing up classic halo games with this system, it is making me, someone who always played halo, who used to get the game at mid night releases etc etc, play less and overall play worse for my team. i have to worry about being banned because a teammate might walk into a group of three enemies and instead of being able to get a triple kill with a rocket, grenade, splatter i'm too worried about getting a betrayal and being booted/banned. if i have to leave the game i cant just shut off the xbox and leave i have to leave my guy awol just standing there to die or else ill be banned, and god forbid i dont make it back in time to hit b so i dont get launched into a new game i cant or dont want to play. i know there is a system in place that is supposed to boot afk players but lets be real it only works sometimes just like when half your team quits your supposed to get a pass on being banned, we all know that doesnt work everytime either.

I believe the best thing 343 can do to address these issues with the players is make the ban system as close to the original games as possible and let the players report players acting in bad faith. I believe most all of the Halo games are rated M so we should all be mature enough to understand that the people playing this game may have a legitimate reason to leave the game and that happening once in a while is okay. Team killing accidents also happen or maybe it was just in the best interest of the team to sacrifice one in order to kill two or three enemies and that is okay. If team killing is never okay and you can now be banned for doing it, why is it even possible?

Lets go back to reporting players with the built in report a player feature on the xbox, and leave the policing to the players.
I totally appreciate what you're trying to say.
But just because things were done in a certain way in the past doesn't mean it was the best it could have been.
Saying to make the system exactly the same as the original doesn't mean it would be ideal. Also, I feel like each game (2-4) had different ban criteria.
Of course, it also doesn't mean the current system is the best either.

Gaming has changed a bit in 15 years, and so have gamers, habits, and attitudes. The system should reflect that.

I think the spirit of the new system is better, but the criteria should be tweaked.
It's too much of a knee-jerk right now.

Instant ban on first 'offence' (DC, crash, quit) is too harsh. Even though it's only 5 minutes (ie the time is takes to reboot the game, use the washroom and get a drink) the problem is that if you have the game crash on you again in your same play session, you're now looking at a 15 minute ban.
We should all get 1 freebie per day, minimum. That way, when the game inevitably fails (because it does sometimes) we aren't penalized for it.

It also gives the opportunity for us to actually quit out of a lopsided game.
Hopefully if we quit and restart search immediately (without a ban) we'd get matched against a different group, and avoid the lopsided matchup again.

Just my two cents.
this game was marketed as having the original games all in one package, so yes being the same unchanged original game is best.
Yes gaming has changed, and so did every Halo released... No need to update halo ce with sprinting, bubble shields, power ups, etc. Leave the new features to new games and keep the original games unchanged.
AshamanND wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
[snip]
this game was marketed as having the original games all in one package, so yes being the same unchanged original game is best.
Yes gaming has changed, and so did every Halo released... No need to update halo ce with sprinting, bubble shields, power ups, etc. Leave the new features to new games and keep the original games unchanged.
Halo 2 anniversary is not in the original game. Neither was Halo CE anniversary.
Many legacy bugs remain - but some QOL improvements have been made to the original games too.

Being able to select playlists (campaign and MP) that are cross-game is also not from the original.

The argument of keeping the games completely unchanged simply falls flat IMO. Yes - try to keep the gameplay and feel the same. But it's ok for certain things to be different/upgraded.

The ban system can be better than the original - and it can also be better than it is now.
It does not have to be OG to be at it's best.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
[snip]
Halo 2 anniversary is not in the original game. Neither was Halo CE anniversary.
Many legacy bugs remain - but some QOL improvements have been made to the original games too.

Being able to select playlists (campaign and MP) that are cross-game is also not from the original.

The argument of keeping the games completely unchanged simply falls flat IMO. Yes - try to keep the gameplay and feel the same. But it's ok for certain things to be different/upgraded.

The ban system can be better than the original - and it can also be better than it is now.
It does not have to be OG to be at it's best.
If i launch halo ce in the mcc it should be halo ce not some bastardized halo ce, same goes for every game in mcc.
you cant keep the feel of the game the same when you get banned for things you wouldn't of been banned for in the originals, its as simple as that.
the fact that this thread is 46 pages long at this point proves that 343 screwed up implementing this half baked, poorly thought out ban system.
we know how you feel, you spam your opinion on everyone who comments in this thread.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 44
  4. 45
  5. 46
  6. ...
  7. 47