I just want to say that I feel like this thread has kinda been hijacked in the last while.
I want to commend the mods for leaving it open - this goes to show that they ARE willing to listen, even in the face of serious breach of the basic forum rules.
Most normal threads that go this far off topic are LOCKED, end of story.
That said, this thread has an opportunity to give 343 valuable feedback about how people feel about the ban system in MCC. Here are my thoughts, once again:
- Please give us all 1 free quit per day. I know you won't remove the bans for D/C (for good reason) so I think this would help in scenarios where people get unfairly disconnected.
- An OPTION to forfeit a game (at any time, and with no penalty other than the loss) where the whole team would have to accept this option, would be valuable. There are many games, often in BTB, where a team of 8 is stomping a team of randoms. Unfortunately, often times the randoms don't have 4 or more quit - meaning the remaining players are either stuck playing out a terrible match, or can quit and take the ban.
- Better communicate to players that they CAN quit with no penalty after 50% of their team already quit.
- Better communicate to players if the ban rules change. (Ie update the OP here right away)
- Fix the quit bans for when the game starts with lopsided teams. When a game starts 3v4, and 1 person from the team of 3 quits, the other two should be allowed to quit with no ban. This does not seem to be the case currently.
- Consider JIP as an 'opt-in' feature for social games.
This thread can also be an educational tool for players that don't understand why they are being banned - make sure you always read the OP.
Remember, people can be upset with something and ask for change, while still being respectful and following the rules of the forums - I implore you all to do this.
You'll be far more likely to see results.
I like the games, and feel like 343 has done a lot of work - but I'm not without criticism. I just try to be realistic and respectful about it.