Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 46
  4. 47
  5. 48
  6. ...
  7. 49
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
just got out of a game with the enemy team having a whole clan on their side, im so sick of this broken piece of trash MM...
To tell you the truth,I am this close to just playing Halo 5 for now on instead of MCC.
Problem is no other game is as much fun as Arcadefight and Multi-team on Reach used to be. Nothing else compares (co-op or VS), nothing else gets stat tracking sites like Halotracker, and the 360 version is just a cesspool of hackers and lag cause MS doesn't care enough to do anything about it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Well I hate to say it but all Xbox 360 Halo's online are either near dead or full of modders so there is no point in trying to play older games if they cant even find a match.
i played yesterday and the ban system wasn't working. i had to quit once and i wasn't banned. but i hope this is just in preperation for reach and that the system will be up again after the launch.
WSerg wrote:
i played yesterday and the ban system wasn't working. i had to quit once and i wasn't banned. but i hope this is just in preperation for reach and that the system will be up again after the launch.
Thats the thing I don't get. They constantly change how many times you quit and get banned. When the game launched you were given too many warnings and if you quit one last time it was ban. And then all the sudden they change to one quit its a ban. I just bought a Xbox One again and came back to MCC a couple months ago and all the sudden while playing my game crashed and when I relaunched MCC, I was given a ban even though my game crashed.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Thats the problem,the older games are unplayable in 2019. Halo 3 doesnt have any players on a lot of game modes.Reach and 4 are the same and Reach has so many problems with matchmaking. Found players then the matchmaking starts over again due to issues. So that point about just stick with originals is invalid.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
I just want to say that I feel like this thread has kinda been hijacked in the last while.
I want to commend the mods for leaving it open - this goes to show that they ARE willing to listen, even in the face of serious breach of the basic forum rules.
Most normal threads that go this far off topic are LOCKED, end of story.

That said, this thread has an opportunity to give 343 valuable feedback about how people feel about the ban system in MCC. Here are my thoughts, once again:
  • Please give us all 1 free quit per day. I know you won't remove the bans for D/C (for good reason) so I think this would help in scenarios where people get unfairly disconnected.
  • An OPTION to forfeit a game (at any time, and with no penalty other than the loss) where the whole team would have to accept this option, would be valuable. There are many games, often in BTB, where a team of 8 is stomping a team of randoms. Unfortunately, often times the randoms don't have 4 or more quit - meaning the remaining players are either stuck playing out a terrible match, or can quit and take the ban.
  • Better communicate to players that they CAN quit with no penalty after 50% of their team already quit.
  • Better communicate to players if the ban rules change. (Ie update the OP here right away)
  • Fix the quit bans for when the game starts with lopsided teams. When a game starts 3v4, and 1 person from the team of 3 quits, the other two should be allowed to quit with no ban. This does not seem to be the case currently.
  • Consider JIP as an 'opt-in' feature for social games.
This thread can also be an educational tool for players that don't understand why they are being banned - make sure you always read the OP.

Remember, people can be upset with something and ask for change, while still being respectful and following the rules of the forums - I implore you all to do this.
You'll be far more likely to see results.

I like the games, and feel like 343 has done a lot of work - but I'm not without criticism. I just try to be realistic and respectful about it.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Just been banned and have no idea why not fair as reach barely launched. totally disappointed.

Haven't shown poor sportsmanship nor do I cheat or anything like that and I also haven’t been banned before but yet I’m hit with a 7 day ban! Absolute rubbish. The least that could be done is they could tell me what I have supposedly done to deserve having my game taken away like I’m a naughty kid.
Just been banned and have no idea why not fair as reach barely launched. totally disappointed.

Haven't shown poor sportsmanship nor do I cheat or anything like that and I also haven’t been banned before but yet I’m hit with a 7 day ban! Absolute rubbish. The least that could be done is they could tell me what I have supposedly done to deserve having my game taken away like I’m a naughty kid.
Did you read the ban message?
Did you read the OP of this thread?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator. Do not flame or attack others.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 46
  4. 47
  5. 48
  6. ...
  7. 49