Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 47
343 you guys need to relax the banhammer or at least make it identify if you lost connection to the server and not penalize you for it.
All that needs to be implemented then on top of this is banning the players if they are afk for 3 minutes or more.
PSA:
if you want to quote someone who made a huge post, you can put their giant post into a spoiler.

Happy posting everyone!
Removing the ability to give people a choice in what they want to play was a terrible move, why are you surprised that no one wants to play gametypes that honestly just dont fit in high level halo.

if youre going to try and apply variety a veto system is much better than a voting system.
it gives players a choice, but still lets the game decide what to play if the majority choose to veto the current gametype.

Now you want to penalize people for not wanting to put up with all the BS thats been added in matchmaking.

343 please stop making bad decisions you can be better than that.
AshamanND wrote:
find a way to differentiate between quitting and DC.
They can do that now, tell the difference between a menu wit and a disconnect. It's the cause of the disconnect that can't be determined - dropping off the server or pulling your ether net cable out looks exactly the same, you just left the game.
New Styles wrote:
Removing the ability to give people a choice in what they want to play was a terrible move, why are you surprised that no one wants to play gametypes that honestly just dont fit in high level halo.

if youre going to try and apply variety a veto system is much better than a voting system.
it gives players a choice, but still lets the game decide what to play if the majority choose to veto the current gametype.

Now you want to penalize people for not wanting to put up with all the BS thats been added in matchmaking.

You know the Composer solves that issue. You can select what game and gametype you want to play.
stckrboy wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
find a way to differentiate between quitting and DC.
They can do that now, tell the difference between a menu wit and a disconnect. It's the cause of the disconnect that can't be determined - dropping off the server or pulling your ether net cable out looks exactly the same, you just left the game.
gotcha - I knew someone earlier mentioned it was super easy to abuse.
On original mcc release pulling the plug in ranked actually RANKED YOU UP!
LMAO
Im done I sick of the hole team leaving and I leave I get banned for five minutes 343 need to fix it I'm not going to play Halo I'm going to sale my copy
New Styles wrote:

You know the Composer solves that issue. You can select what game and gametype you want to play.
not in ranked
Hi,

MCC ban for quitting, never quit, game was on map loading screen (Ghost Town) SWAT. Then times out and I get banned? Why does the ban include time out from connecting to server, this is not my fault, my internet connection was fine and never lost connection to xbox
fortuna24 wrote:
Why does the ban include time out from connecting to server, this is not my fault, my internet connection was fine and never lost connection to xbox
The cause of a disconnect that can't be determined by the game - dropping off the server or pulling your ether net cable out looks exactly the same, you just left the game. Left unchecked, this could easily be abused by people intentionally disconnecting to avoid losses
I have left a game where two other people had already left instead of being spawn killed over and over again I left so I get banned for leaving where people have already left that's not okay please fix the game.
That's not very helpful to players that are playing every game they get. I mean it should be taken into account the number of games that a player "is" playing, I never quit, so there would be a pattern to a gamer profile that shows that they are not quitting and it is a connection issue. I have been playing halo 3 today and now just got a 1 hour ban, should I even try to play again???? Ill end up with a longer ban if it happens again, that is not something that I should have to think about as a huge halo fan I just want to play
You realize this was implemented because of mass quitting because I didn't get the game I want. Your playing on 343's servers in MM if you cause bad behavior such as quitting that ruins other people's experiences. If you don't want to get banned don't quit or do Customs.
"You realize this was implemented because of mass quitting because I didn't get the game I want."

Do you realize that regardless of their intentions, or the reasoning behind their intentions, this is still a terrible system?

"Your playing on 343's servers in MM if you cause bad behavior such as quitting that ruins other people's experiences."

Either you fundamentally lack an understanding of my post, or you are intentionally being ignorant in an attempt to defend 343's bs behavior. To re-iterate, just in case you missed it:
-The vast majority of games I "quit" are due to being booted because of random network issues (WHICH THIS GAME IS CHOCK-FULL OF!!!).
-Being dependent on an automated system to build a case against you, which cannnot tell the difference between rage quitting and network issues is in fact lazy and irresponsible on their part, especially when you consider there are much better alternatives.
-There is small percentage of games that I do quit intentionally, but only after other people have already quit to the point that teams are completely unbalanced.
-Quitting would be a moot point if 343 just did a better job of handling matchmaking. At least for social playlists, join in progress could be implemented along with a system that doesn't make it so the game has to 8v8 to start for Big Team, or 4v4 to start for smaller game types.

Take CoD's matchmaking for example. I fully acknowledge that it is not something that could ever work with ranked playlists in Halo, but it could certainly work with the social playlists. As it stands now, even in Halo's social playlists, you have to search a while before the game locks you into something you don't know if you're actually going to want to play. This only makes it that much more frustrating when you get into a match and people quit. By it's very design, Halo's matchmaking does nothing to handle quitting or alleviate the effects on people sticking the match through. With CoD on the other hand, nobody cares when people quit a match because the system is designed in such a way that quitting is a moot point.
-Nobody cares if they have a teammate or two quit when other players can come in and fill those spots, and it happens quickly.
-Just because you're playing a Big Team type playlist, doesn't mean you need a full lobby of exactly 8v8 (or whatever) for the game to start. A game will start with 12 or 14 players, and let the remaining spots get filled as the match goes on.
-When a match ends, the game quickly lets you know what the next gametype and map are going to be. Players who have this information, coupled with the fact they know the lobby doesn't need to be completely full for the match to start, are more likely to stick around.

"If you don't want to get banned don't quit or do Customs."

I don't have a whole lot of people to run customs with at all. Even if I did, I don't have the game installed anymore. This new system, along with the general attitude and responses toward people bringing up legitimate concerns, whether from other members of the community or 343 themselves, has made me not want to play the game for a good long while. 343's handling of this situation is exactly the kind of thing that damages the Halo community, and it's mind boggling that people can sit here and defend it.
If I was you, ease a couple of steps back before it escalates. Since the past literally four years, there wasn’t a legitimate temporary ban until now. What’s the point of playing if players are going to quit, regardless they are facing a experienced team or their own players abandoning them. So far all players that I have been facing tend to stay in and wait till the end. Just do your own customs games if you don’t like the online matchmaking experience. Search on Facebook for “Halo” and there will be various groups of which Halo groups preferred to play. Best thing to do is network with other Halo players and form a crew.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
stckrboy wrote:
fortuna24 wrote:
Why does the ban include time out from connecting to server, this is not my fault, my internet connection was fine and never lost connection to xbox
The cause of a disconnect that can't be determined by the game - dropping off the server or pulling your ether net cable out looks exactly the same, you just left the game. Left unchecked, this could easily be abused by people intentionally disconnecting to avoid losses
Which is why I think everyone should get one freebie per day.
This is important information to share - but maybe try to keep your language in check.

Honestly, who wants to help a screaming baby? Developers wants critical, important feedback, presented fairly and with tact.

Anyhow, maybe let them know the exact time you were playing, and which map it was.
Let them take a specific look at it.
Because if you are telling the truth, they do indeed need to fix this.
I hate people quitting as much as the next person but when I get matched with players that get 1, 0, -3 kills I rather they just leave, but getting past the abysmal skill matching I very rarely quit matches and I respect the ban but I've been banned twice today for being forced out of a game and then immediately after that ban was served, banned again for never even making into a game. Please adjust the ban tracker to track it through using the leave option in the menu so these unjust bans don't happen. I'm very happy with the new MCC but being wrongly punished is something I could do without.
I'm always for strict punishment on quiters, but i can see the problem with disconnects.
would it be possible to seperate the quit punishment system for quiting and disconnecting? i'm thinking of keeping up the strict system for regular quits (ban with the first quit) but don't punish the first disconnect. it would be like the same system, but maybe it takes one disconnect more to start baning (but don't give a free regular quit). if 343i notices an unusual increase in disconnects, then they should revert back.

(and like i mentioned in a previous post: allow quiting when 50% of your team has left already)

but, and i can't stress this enough: be strict with quiters
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 47