Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 29
I think the duration of punishment is a bit excessive, as well as the limited amount of games it takes to accumulate a lengthy ban, if the system can't distinguish quitting from loss of connection. If I was on a bad connection and dropped out of 4 games in a session of 20-30 games, i think 30 mins is enough. but not 16 hours, that kind of ban will discourage quitting, but it will also discourage halo MCC's genuine player base from playing. Also ,

I think it should be percentage based, keeping a finishing/completion percentage above 90% would allow for drop outs and lag that has always been an issue with halo games this would be a 1 in 10 games not completed if the ratio is higher then start the ban times. If I play 50 games and loose connection from 1 match-up its the same punishment as a player that quits their first game? player quits 3 in 3 games is it the same as 3 out of 50?

if you drop out of a game but play 7 or 8 games in a row the ban should re-set to the 15 min ban, as there's no way of clearing your record if you do get drop out from connection, there should be something the player can do to clear "quits" against them during a session rather than just increasing bans and deciding it's not worth trying to play at all.
Im was playing a social game to people left so i leave and aging i get banned for not wanting to waste me time. I get banned this is 100% bs. Fix it please. After the first parson leaves you should not get banned. Some people of have stuff to do and only have short time to play.
fortuna24 wrote:
I think the duration of punishment is a bit excessive, as well as the limited amount of games it takes to accumulate a lengthy ban, if the system can't distinguish quitting from loss of connection.
It can, I explained this on the previous page. The system can differentiate between menu quitting and disconnects. What it cannot do is determine if you dropped from the server or if you pulled your ethernet cable out / turned off your WiFi. Because of that it has to treat all disconnects the same, otherwise it would be abused by players doing it intentionally to avoid losing matches
The BAN system is flawed, that's the bottom line!

I HAVE NEVER QUIT, not once, but I'm a beginner 117 level, and was getting killed by players who have been playing this game 25 hours a day all year long, and so I get a temporary ban!??? How is that for a working ban system????

I hope gamers get frustrated and dump their HALO games in the rubbish and play something else!
The BAN system is flawed, that's the bottom line!

I HAVE NEVER QUIT, not once, but I'm a beginner 117 level, and was getting killed by players who have been playing this game 25 hours a day all year long, and so I get a temporary ban!??? How is that for a working ban system????

I hope gamers get frustrated and dump their HALO games in the rubbish and play something else!
According to your game history you haven't played MCC at all. So since you are likely posting on an alt account, your real account could have all sorts of quits and we'd never know. I'm guessing there is a reason your main account was getting bans, and it probably isn't because you aren't a skilled player.
The BAN system is flawed, that's the bottom line!

I HAVE NEVER QUIT, not once, but I'm a beginner 117 level, and was getting killed by players who have been playing this game 25 hours a day all year long, and so I get a temporary ban!??? How is that for a working ban system????

I hope gamers get frustrated and dump their HALO games in the rubbish and play something else!
Sounds like a matching system flaw instead of a ban system one.
New Styles wrote:
Removing the ability to give people a choice in what they want to play was a terrible move, why are you surprised that no one wants to play gametypes that honestly just dont fit in high level halo.

if youre going to try and apply variety a veto system is much better than a voting system.
it gives players a choice, but still lets the game decide what to play if the majority choose to veto the current gametype.

Now you want to penalize people for not wanting to put up with all the BS thats been added in matchmaking.

343 please stop making bad decisions you can be better than that.
If you want known and consistent 'High level Halo' play, then the ranked playlists are for you. You may not want a specific map or game type, but the set in these playlists is consistent with what the community has said it has wanted, and pro players have helped define these.

With the match composer, there is a good deal of limiting the games that you want to play. This should allow you to filter games more to your liking. The problem Im seeing with your argument is that you are not playing clones of yourself, sharing the identical opinion you have of what games you like. There will always be some variation of what is in the playlists, as if we don't have variety in them, then people complain about the lack of it. Just look at the infection threads about those modes being 'played out'.

A veto system had the exact same problems as the current system, except it included additional time to get in game for everyone. People would quit if they didn't get the game they wanted, same as they may do now, they could just quit before loading in.
Chimera30 wrote:
The BAN system is flawed, that's the bottom line!

I HAVE NEVER QUIT, not once, but I'm a beginner 117 level, and was getting killed by players who have been playing this game 25 hours a day all year long, and so I get a temporary ban!??? How is that for a working ban system????

I hope gamers get frustrated and dump their HALO games in the rubbish and play something else!
According to your game history you haven't played MCC at all. So since you are likely posting on an alt account, your real account could have all sorts of quits and we'd never know. I'm guessing there is a reason your main account was getting bans, and it probably isn't because you aren't a skilled player.
Based on looking through this player's data, I would reason that it is not actually an alt account. They did quit two games ~23 minutes apart, so their "I HAVE NEVER QUIT" statement is invalid, and with the current rules, their temporary ban is correct.

That aside, the root of the complaint is pretty valid. The onboarding experience for someone new to MP is not fantastic. Not all players have been playing these games for 10+ years. With the addition of other experienced players creating new accounts and coming in and crushing new players is a known problem.
Based on looking through this player's data, I would reason that it is not actually an alt account. They did quit two games ~23 minutes apart, so their "I HAVE NEVER QUIT" statement is invalid, and with the current rules, their temporary ban is correct.
Wait, so you're seeing that the dadloveslayneso account actually has played MCC before? If so, why doesn't that show up on Waypoint? Or, is it another account owned by the owner of dadloveslayneso that has MCC playtime?
That aside, the root of the complaint is pretty valid. The onboarding experience for someone new to MP is not fantastic. Not all players have been playing these games for 10+ years. With the addition of other experienced players creating new accounts and coming in and crushing new players is a known problem.
I feel like that could be said of any MP game that's been around as long as MCC has. Though I imagine if skill-based matchmaking was tightened so new players don't get matched against experts, the result would be that matches take too long to find.
Chimera30 wrote:
The BAN system is flawed, that's the bottom line!

I HAVE NEVER QUIT, not once, but I'm a beginner 117 level, and was getting killed by players who have been playing this game 25 hours a day all year long, and so I get a temporary ban!??? How is that for a working ban system????

I hope gamers get frustrated and dump their HALO games in the rubbish and play something else!
According to your game history you haven't played MCC at all. So since you are likely posting on an alt account, your real account could have all sorts of quits and we'd never know. I'm guessing there is a reason your main account was getting bans, and it probably isn't because you aren't a skilled player.
You'll never know, but I will and I'm telling you now, this ban system or whoever has put these tight rules lacks the capacity to think of different scenarios that happen or the system has not been tested fully, end-to-end, where a change should and hopefully be made.

The main reason I Googled a Halo forum and joined (this is just my 3rd post) is because of this ban frustration, otherwise I would not have found this site. I have been playing with my kid this 1v1 (not online) for like every 2 months or so, WE MOSTLY PLAY MINECRAFT. We bought our console 4 years ago that came with Halo Mastechief collection. We just decided to try online so we can experience what it's like to play Halo with other gamers (we constantly play Minecraft online, like I've said, my little girl prefers that!)

Now, alone playing this and trying it for myself, I got banned twice for being killed easily. How's that for learning!? Like I've said, and I don't want anyone to wonder, THAT I HAVE NEVER QUIT or GOT DISCONNECTED (afaic).
Perhaps other games will be a much better experience, like Destiny, CoD, etc. Not a gamer, but I'll surely try those, I hope they're a much better replacement that this Halo banning system crap.

Edit: btw, i don't know what's MCC or those acronyms you mentioned stand for, I'm lazy and not interested to learn halo letters crap, I just select PLAY option on the console under Multiplayers.
Now, alone playing this and trying it for myself, I got banned twice for being killed easily. How's that for learning!? Like I've said, and I don't want anyone to wonder, THAT I HAVE NEVER QUIT or GOT DISCONNECTED (afaic).
A representative from 343 looked into your account and found that you did indeed quit 2 matches:
Quote:
Based on looking through this player's data, I would reason that it is not actually an alt account. They did quit two games ~23 minutes apart, so their "I HAVE NEVER QUIT" statement is invalid, and with the current rules, their temporary ban is correct.
Edit: btw, i don't know what's MCC or those acronyms you mentioned stand for, I'm lazy and not interested to learn halo letters crap, I just select PLAY option on the console under Multiplayers.
MCC stands for "Master Chief Collection", the subtitle of the game you purchased and played.
Chimera30 wrote:
Now, alone playing this and trying it for myself, I got banned twice for being killed easily. How's that for learning!? Like I've said, and I don't want anyone to wonder, THAT I HAVE NEVER QUIT or GOT DISCONNECTED (afaic).
A representative from 343 looked into your account and found that you did indeed quit 2 matches:
Quote:
Based on looking through this player's data, I would reason that it is not actually an alt account. They did quit two games ~23 minutes apart, so their "I HAVE NEVER QUIT" statement is invalid, and with the current rules, their temporary ban is correct.
It won't matter, but I reject that claim. Like I've said, why would I quit when I was in the learning stage and BEING KILLED every 10 seconds!???? It mostly says game over when the other team reaches 50 kills and the game was being reset automatically and displays the kill board stats, then start to find new players, was that quitting?

For me, that clearly showed 343 monitoring system for quitting games is not working. But I'm not here to convince anyone, because I know for a fact that I didn't quit nor my WIFI got disconnected while playing. I was able to see the stats board every game to know the number of deaths, kills, etc for each player, and I don't know how 343 defines quitting.

p.s. If SUICIDE is defined as quitting, then yes, I fell twice or thrice not by my own choice while jumping and trying to reach the enemy side.
It won't matter, but I reject that claim. Like I've said, why would I quit when I was in the learning stage and BEING KILLED every 10 seconds!???? It mostly says game over when the other team reaches 50 kills and the game was being reset automatically and displays the kill board stats, then start to find new players, was that quitting?

For me, that clearly showed 343 monitoring system for quitting games is not working. But I'm not here to convince anyone, because I know for a fact that I didn't quit nor my WIFI got disconnected while playing. I was able to see the stats board every game to know the number of deaths, kills, etc for each player, and I don't know how 343 defines quitting.
Just curious, but why do you keep emphasizing that you were being killed by better players very often throughout the game? That's usually a complaint that someone makes when they quit out of a game, but seems irrelevant if you actually didn't quit. Only thing I can think of is that you either accidentally did something to quit without knowing since you are new to this game or something caused you to temporarily disconnect from the game whether it was your connection or the server.

Edit: If you left the game from suicides, then that would count as a quit.
Chimera30,
It's possible that dadloveslayneso's stats weren't showing on waypoint if there were some privacy settings enabled on their XboxLive Profile - which is likely if they use it for children. That would explain what MoreInfoNeeded was able to see, and what we can't.

In any case, the developers CAN see the difference between a quit and a disconnect.

Now for dadloveslayneso, I'm sorry you are having a bad experience, and I'm glad you've found your way here.

You've joined us in a time of great change, where MCC is undergoing a lot of trial and error.
The ban system has been updated in the last couple of weeks, after seeing no changes for years. This lack of change during those years led to a LOT of bad behaviour.
Since the new change, a lot of people commented that it was too strict. It was since dialed back a little.

But I think it's a little TOO strict still. Networking issues and game lag can force people out of the match, and right now it is resulting in a ban. In a perfect world, there wouldn't be any bans for disconnecting. The problem is that players can abuse the disconnect path by unplugging their ethernet cord.
My personal solution to this would be to simply give everyone 1 freebie per day, in case of accidental disconnect. Yes, the actual abusers will still get a freebie - but they only get one. I think the system would work well after that.
Because the majority of people who disconnect by accident probably don't have it happen to them more than once per day.

Anyhow, again, I'm glad you found your way here. I hope you try to engage with everyone here constructively. If you are seeing problems, report them.
But remember that we are all people, even the developers - and you get best results when you are clear, concise, and conscientious (not just directed at you, but mostly a bunch of the others who are jerks about this.)
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It won't matter, but I reject that claim. Like I've said, why would I quit when I was in the learning stage and BEING KILLED every 10 seconds!???? It mostly says game over when the other team reaches 50 kills and the game was being reset automatically and displays the kill board stats, then start to find new players, was that quitting?
For me, that clearly showed 343 monitoring system for quitting games is not working. But I'm not here to convince anyone, because I know for a fact that I didn't quit nor my WIFI got disconnected while playing. I was able to see the stats board every game to know the number of deaths, kills, etc for each player, and I don't know how 343 defines quitting.
Just curious, but why do you keep emphasizing that you were being killed by better players very often throughout the game? That's usually a complaint that someone makes when they quit out of a game, but seems irrelevant if you actually didn't quit. Only thing I can think of is that you either accidentally did something to quit without knowing since you are new to this game or something caused you to temporarily disconnect from the game whether it was your connection or the server.

Edit: If you left the game from suicides, then that would count as a quit.
Because that's the only reason I can think of why I was banned, being killed fairly quickly.
The first time it happened, I thought "oh, maybe the mods are thinking I'm trying to throw away the match and making my team lose by being killed quickly".
So after reset, I played the game conservatively and tried to stall and hide so i won't get killed easily, but still, of course you can't avoid getting killed, but then, I got banned a second time for 15 minutes, so I totally quit and played another game.

No, I didn't leave, I re-spawned everytime until the end of the game when the kills have reached 50. Then while searching for another match, I got the ban message.

I now suspect the WIFI, because it could be intermittent, it happens to us all the time because connection is lost when playing Minecraft, but for Halo, there's no connection lost message, I was able to finish all games until I got banned.

Anyway, it's good while it last.
@AshamanND, thanks, frustration got the better of me. Will try and give it a go some other time, yes, a freebie would be perfect if the devs want strict rules, but hey, give some new players a break, esp. when their aim is really bad and controllers seem hard to get used to! :)
Because that's the only reason I can think of why I was banned, being killed fairly quickly.

No, I didn't leave, I re-spawned everytime until the end of the game when the kills have reached 50. Then while searching for another match, I got the ban message.

I now suspect the WIFI, because it could be intermittent, it happens to us all the time because connection is lost when playing Minecraft, but for Halo, there's no connection lost message, I was able to finish all games until I got banned.
No, you don't get banned for being killed quick or slow.

I noticed you mentioned suiciding a couple times, but if you didn't get booted for that, then it wouldn't count as a quit.

There is a connection lost to the server message, but the wifi could possibly be the issue although it could be something else as well.
New Styles wrote:
Removing the ability to give people a choice in what they want to play was a terrible move, why are you surprised that no one wants to play gametypes that honestly just dont fit in high level halo.

if youre going to try and apply variety a veto system is much better than a voting system.
it gives players a choice, but still lets the game decide what to play if the majority choose to veto the current gametype.

Now you want to penalize people for not wanting to put up with all the BS thats been added in matchmaking.

343 please stop making bad decisions you can be better than that.
If you want known and consistent 'High level Halo' play, then the ranked playlists are for you. You may not want a specific map or game type, but the set in these playlists is consistent with what the community has said it has wanted, and pro players have helped define these.

With the match composer, there is a good deal of limiting the games that you want to play. This should allow you to filter games more to your liking. The problem Im seeing with your argument is that you are not playing clones of yourself, sharing the identical opinion you have of what games you like. There will always be some variation of what is in the playlists, as if we don't have variety in them, then people complain about the lack of it. Just look at the infection threads about those modes being 'played out'.

A veto system had the exact same problems as the current system, except it included additional time to get in game for everyone. People would quit if they didn't get the game they wanted, same as they may do now, they could just quit before loading in.
I was talking about the ranked playlists, it's no surprise that slayer is the most popular gametype and its for good reason it just works the best in high level ranked.
Now before you stop reading I'm also for objective games but certain gametype and map combinations currently in the playlist dont work well in high level play.

I dont mind obj or slayer but i just get frustrated as hell when i get stuck playing KoTH on Heretic or CTF Isolation(just to name a few) because they just do not play the same when everyone in the game is around 40-50 as they would if the game was filled with people in the 10-20 range and certain maps in general dont play well in high level(looking at you epilogue)

Especially now that party restrictions arent being enforced getting objective at high level is putting people who search solo at even more of a disadvantage because a team of solos + 2s would have a much higher chance at winning a game if it were slayer than they would of beating a team in objective(because this takes more coordination which a party will naturally have over solos).

It's not about me "not matching clones of myself" its honestly just matchmaking being unfair for the people who search solo or twos in ranked. We get placed in situations that are next to impossible to win and now it just feels like we're being forced to deal with the unfairness.
I shouldnt have to constantly search with a team to get enjoyment out of this game, If you are going to add a quit ban you should do it once the playing field is more fair.

People are deliberately searching 3s to beat up people who search 2s or solo, and all this quit ban has done is cause people who arent quitting to just go AFK.

I dont understand what the difference between a team of 3 and 4 are, both would stomp the floor against people who search solo especially at the higher levels.
Fix this ban system. I've supported Halo since day one but this current ban system may be the thing thay makes me quit forever unless it is fixed.
<p>I should not be banned if I'm getting hit offline can you please unbanned me . it's not my fault. Fix the ban system </p>
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 29