Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 78
  4. 79
  5. 80
  6. ...
  7. 81
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It only became a problem when the shoddy XP system from Reach was brought in. The XP garbage caused rampant AFKing.
Fixing the XP payouts likely won't deter afk'ers as long as they can still get some form of XP.
Yup, cause even if they only get 1k-2k, for the game finish, they'll idle it up, to get 10-20k an hour. If they idled 20hrs a day, 200k isn't bad for doing absolutely nothing. Especially when it's taking 2&½ hours of solid play to get that for normies.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
As opposed to just fixing the XP payouts so AFKers don't have a reason to do it anymore.
They would still likely do it.
They never did before. MCC has been around for years now. It only became a problem when the shoddy XP system from Reach was brought in. The XP garbage caused rampant AFKing. It used to happen rarely because people hate certain maps and there's no voting/veto, which again, is a failure on the dev's part.
Now we have something as a bonus to reward us for our play though. I'm a sucker for grinding levels, I freaking love the shoddy XP system 🤣
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It only became a problem when the shoddy XP system from Reach was brought in. The XP garbage caused rampant AFKing.
Fixing the XP payouts likely won't deter afk'ers as long as they can still get some form of XP.
If it was fixed properly, they'd get NOTHING. That's the point! XP should be payed for medals ONLY.
If it was fixed properly, they'd get NOTHING. That's the point! XP should be payed for medals ONLY.
Doing that will just cause other problems like people not getting a lot of XP due to only playing certain gametypes or because they're not very skilled. It will also likely increase boosting for medals which already happens.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Doing that will just cause other problems like people not getting a lot of XP due to only playing certain gametypes or because they're not very skilled. It will also likely increase boosting for medals which already happens.
Boosting for medals doesn't effect anyone but the people whining that someone has a higher rank. People boost the garbage MP achievements anyway. People that suck don't deserve to bring the rest of the game's population down. Paying XP for actually doing something is the proper way to level people up.
People that suck don't deserve to bring the rest of the game's population down. Paying XP for actually doing something is the proper way to level people up.
I'd bet people that suck or are average make up the majority of the overall population and afk'ers are in the minority. There needs to be something else besides medals like performance for example which can add to the XP if they don't do well with medals.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
People that suck don't deserve to bring the rest of the game's population down. Paying XP for actually doing something is the proper way to level people up.
I'd bet people that suck or are average make up the majority of the overall population and afk'ers are in the minority. There needs to be something else besides medals like performance for example which can add to the XP if they don't do well with medals.
They can easily add XP for assists. The game shouldn't be handing it out randomly for contributing nothing.
so will there be another ban wave coming soon or something. i just started playing SWAT to grind the last 13 ranks till 100 and I come in and there are multiple teammates throughout the games AFK farming and occasionally shooting the floor
The game shouldn't be handing it out randomly for contributing nothing.
Even in the original Reach you could get credits for basically doing nothing by going in a custom game. Granted, it was very minimal and it wasn't in MM, but they could also make the performance XP very minimal as well if they don't do anything.
so will there be another ban wave coming soon or something.
Yes.
Quote:
In the month of December, we took action against a number of players who were abusing, exploiting, and committing nefarious behavior. We have investigated and seen that there are a number of folks who didn’t seem to learn their lesson and think it okay to continue this behavior. In the very near future the Ban Hammer will swing again, and harsher penalties will be leveled against these bad apples.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
The game shouldn't be handing it out randomly for contributing nothing.
Even in the original Reach you could get credits for basically doing nothing by going in a custom game. Granted, it was very minimal and it wasn't in MM, but they could also make the performance XP very minimal as well if they don't do anything.
so will there be another ban wave coming soon or something.
Yes.
Quote:
In the month of December, we took action against a number of players who were abusing, exploiting, and committing nefarious behavior. We have investigated and seen that there are a number of folks who didn’t seem to learn their lesson and think it okay to continue this behavior. In the very near future the Ban Hammer will swing again, and harsher penalties will be leveled against these bad apples.
see this is why people now troll in MM more frequently, if they cannot leave or afk they will run around and take otherwise useful things and waste them causing the team to lose, i admit i do this myself :)
if i cannot leave or afk, i will give you the finger and ruin your fun
What are you supposed to do about AFKer's? do I report them to Xbox? do I put their gamer tag here so 343 can find them? Or do I just ignore it
?
What are you supposed to do about AFKer's? do I report them to Xbox? do I put their gamer tag here so 343 can find them? Or do I just ignore it
?
File a complaint on Xbox One and report them for unsporting behaviour.
?
Thanks for the tip!
?
that's the way all bans should be handled but as we all know it doesn't work otherwise we wouldnt be stuck with this half -Yoink- ban system.
?
I wouldn't worry about it, if they been afk, they'll be getting the ban eventually. It might be during another double XP event again, which would be another epic troll.
I was playing halo MCC matchmaking and then migrating host came up, nothing unusual. Then when that's done it's just me left in the game and i've won? And I get back to the home screen and I get a message saying a player in your party has been band but I'm the only player in my party? What can I do to fix this
I was playing halo MCC matchmaking and then migrating host came up, nothing unusual. Then when that's done it's just me left in the game and i've won? And I get back to the home screen and I get a message saying a player in your party has been band but I'm the only player in my party? What can I do to fix this
You just have to suck it up, this ban system is guilty until proven innocent and the punishment stays regardless.
im feeling some untruthfulness because I haven't been banned ever on halo mcc pc and I have gone afk a bit and haven't got warned or banned so somethings going on
im feeling some untruthfulness because I haven't been banned ever on halo mcc pc and I have gone afk a bit and haven't got warned or banned so somethings going on
play more, or go afk more, right or wrong you WILL be banned at some point.
I have I have been afk like 11 times so far since release due to having to do something
I have I have been afk like 11 times so far since release due to having to do something
Not the sharpest piece of butter on the lawn chair, to self incriminate oneself.... Unless you don't play anymore, and don't care to be banned 🤷
Not true, I never saw anyone on here that claimed to be banned unjustly, be proven to be unjustly banned. Everyone I saw claimed they didn't afk, or farm. Then when they got their email response, it turned to "I didn't know sword lining was a ban offense", so they indeed received a ban for a right reason. I play more than I'd like to admit, yet I haven't been banned, precisely because I play. I strive to get atleast 12 kills per match, to get the max XP, because I'm obviously grinding for my Tours. Is there someone, somewhere that has been unjustly banned, anything is a possibility, but I haven't seen it from the public access side of things
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 78
  4. 79
  5. 80
  6. ...
  7. 81