Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 79
  4. 80
  5. 81
  6. 82
  7. 83
  8. ...
  9. 97
Halo36512 wrote:
Halo36512 wrote:
im feeling some untruthfulness because I haven't been banned ever on halo mcc pc and I have gone afk a bit and haven't got warned or banned so somethings going on
play more, or go afk more, right or wrong you WILL be banned at some point.
I have I have been afk like 11 times so far since release due to having to do something
Not the sharpest piece of butter on the lawn chair, to self incriminate oneself.... Unless you don't play anymore, and don't care to be banned 🤷
Halo36512 wrote:
im feeling some untruthfulness because I haven't been banned ever on halo mcc pc and I have gone afk a bit and haven't got warned or banned so somethings going on
play more, or go afk more, right or wrong you WILL be banned at some point.
Not true, I never saw anyone on here that claimed to be banned unjustly, be proven to be unjustly banned. Everyone I saw claimed they didn't afk, or farm. Then when they got their email response, it turned to "I didn't know sword lining was a ban offense", so they indeed received a ban for a right reason. I play more than I'd like to admit, yet I haven't been banned, precisely because I play. I strive to get atleast 12 kills per match, to get the max XP, because I'm obviously grinding for my Tours. Is there someone, somewhere that has been unjustly banned, anything is a possibility, but I haven't seen it from the public access side of things
im just saying I haven't sword lined boosted or anything like that I have only gone afk sometimes so obviously peoples stories aren't correct or are lieing
to try and save themselves from doing something that is bannable
Halo36512 wrote:
Halo36512 wrote:
Halo36512 wrote:
im feeling some untruthfulness because I haven't been banned ever on halo mcc pc and I have gone afk a bit and haven't got warned or banned so somethings going on
play more, or go afk more, right or wrong you WILL be banned at some point.
I have I have been afk like 11 times so far since release due to having to do something
Not the sharpest piece of butter on the lawn chair, to self incriminate oneself.... Unless you don't play anymore, and don't care to be banned 🤷
Halo36512 wrote:
im feeling some untruthfulness because I haven't been banned ever on halo mcc pc and I have gone afk a bit and haven't got warned or banned so somethings going on
play more, or go afk more, right or wrong you WILL be banned at some point.
Not true, I never saw anyone on here that claimed to be banned unjustly, be proven to be unjustly banned. Everyone I saw claimed they didn't afk, or farm. Then when they got their email response, it turned to "I didn't know sword lining was a ban offense", so they indeed received a ban for a right reason. I play more than I'd like to admit, yet I haven't been banned, precisely because I play. I strive to get atleast 12 kills per match, to get the max XP, because I'm obviously grinding for my Tours. Is there someone, somewhere that has been unjustly banned, anything is a possibility, but I haven't seen it from the public access side of things
im just saying I haven't sword lined boosted or anything like that I have only gone afk sometimes so obviously peoples stories aren't correct or are lieing
to try and save themselves from doing something that is bannable
Ahhh I got you now, that's what is bad about online chatting, it leaves the intent out, as you can't tell the tone of a sentence, as you could if it was spoken. Yeah, that's what I took away from the ban rollout, people just angry, and thinking they could get a ban reversal, by suggesting they were fully innocent 😑
im sorry if I confused im not a posting expert im just curious why all these people are getting banned
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
My favourite thread so far. People who admitting to afking asking for their profile to be unbanned so they can 'PLAY'. You should have just played when you got the game. Good job 343, oh have you reset them and taken away their armors too? You did state that this woukd be happenening. Maybe when their bans are lifted and they start playing and not afking they will notice how much xp they actually missed out on
I have 80 Hours on MCC and it's been out for a week. I went AFK for a couple of hours because I wanted the armor I ALREADY EARNED nine years ago back. Didn't realize that was such a crime.
And afking for 1-2k per game was going to speed things up? If you played og reach you knew afking was wrong
Bruh 1K-2K is more than i would get if did nothing. I did it while sleeping.
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
My favourite thread so far. People who admitting to afking asking for their profile to be unbanned so they can 'PLAY'. You should have just played when you got the game. Good job 343, oh have you reset them and taken away their armors too? You did state that this woukd be happenening. Maybe when their bans are lifted and they start playing and not afking they will notice how much xp they actually missed out on
I have 80 Hours on MCC and it's been out for a week. I went AFK for a couple of hours because I wanted the armor I ALREADY EARNED nine years ago back. Didn't realize that was such a crime.
And afking for 1-2k per game was going to speed things up? If you played og reach you knew afking was wrong
Bruh 1K-2K is more than i would get if did nothing. I did it while sleeping.
Well the problem in it is, the rest of us did it while awake, playing the game. I'm Swiss when it comes to afk, but that'd be why it's against the rules.
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
My favourite thread so far. People who admitting to afking asking for their profile to be unbanned so they can 'PLAY'. You should have just played when you got the game. Good job 343, oh have you reset them and taken away their armors too? You did state that this woukd be happenening. Maybe when their bans are lifted and they start playing and not afking they will notice how much xp they actually missed out on
I have 80 Hours on MCC and it's been out for a week. I went AFK for a couple of hours because I wanted the armor I ALREADY EARNED nine years ago back. Didn't realize that was such a crime.
And afking for 1-2k per game was going to speed things up? If you played og reach you knew afking was wrong
Bruh 1K-2K is more than i would get if did nothing. I did it while sleeping.
So lets just say you slept for 8 hours. Max of about 60k xp. You could have just played for 2 hours. Loool
honestly I would prefer people sword liningand boosting rather than afk farming because at least they are still engaging in the game rather than just standing there on macros
just being completely honest here about it but either way I would prefer neither of them to exist and im pretty sure another ban hammer wave is coming since I have seen 2-3 people still afking with macros in certain game types
Let me tell you why I was banned. MCC froze mid load screen on swat because why make something that works, right? So my -Yoink- got temp banned. Its like a two year old is in charge and he missed nap time. "Oh I did a wrong? nu' uh', Your fault, banned for 12hrs or some -Yoink-" I ain't mad, 343.. I just disappointed .
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
FLUFFYR00 wrote:
My favourite thread so far. People who admitting to afking asking for their profile to be unbanned so they can 'PLAY'. You should have just played when you got the game. Good job 343, oh have you reset them and taken away their armors too? You did state that this woukd be happenening. Maybe when their bans are lifted and they start playing and not afking they will notice how much xp they actually missed out on
I have 80 Hours on MCC and it's been out for a week. I went AFK for a couple of hours because I wanted the armor I ALREADY EARNED nine years ago back. Didn't realize that was such a crime.
And afking for 1-2k per game was going to speed things up? If you played og reach you knew afking was wrong
Bruh 1K-2K is more than i would get if did nothing. I did it while sleeping.
So lets just say you slept for 8 hours. Max of about 60k xp. You could have just played for 2 hours. Loool
Shoot, 60k can be got in an hour during swat, EASILY. I usually average 80k-85k per hour on my grinds, I just don't understand why risk a ban, for such little XP 🤣
Tanubi wrote:
Let me tell you why I was banned. MCC froze mid load screen on swat because why make something that works, right? So my -Yoink- got temp banned. Its like a two year old is in charge and he missed nap time. "Oh I did a wrong? nu' uh', Your fault, banned for 12hrs or some -Yoink-" I ain't mad, 343.. I just disappointed .
It had to happen multiple times, before you'd get a 12hr temporary ban.
Halo36512 wrote:
honestly I would prefer people sword liningand boosting rather than afk farming because at least they are still engaging in the game rather than just standing there on macros
just being completely honest here about it but either way I would prefer neither of them to exist and im pretty sure another ban hammer wave is coming since I have seen 2-3 people still afking with macros in certain game types
Oh it's coming, and they'll probably wait until another double XP event, before they drop the bans, which more than likely will be twice as long for repeat offenders, and the chronic afks. The Christmas one, was such an epic troll to do it that way 🤣, but Mark my words, people will take to the forums to declare their innocence.
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Let me tell you why I was banned. MCC froze mid load screen on swat because why make something that works, right? So my -Yoink- got temp banned. Its like a two year old is in charge and he missed nap time. "Oh I did a wrong? nu' uh', Your fault, banned for 12hrs or some -Yoink-" I ain't mad, 343.. I just disappointed .
It had to happen multiple times, before you'd get a 12hr temporary ban.
Yet if you look at my stats, I don't play reach enough to quit out as much as people like to pretend it needs. I'm sure there is stats some place that shows I only quit twice on mcc ever and both those times thanks to janky -Yoink- -Yoink-, so I know that's not true.
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Let me tell you why I was banned. MCC froze mid load screen on swat because why make something that works, right? So my -Yoink- got temp banned. Its like a two year old is in charge and he missed nap time. "Oh I did a wrong? nu' uh', Your fault, banned for 12hrs or some -Yoink-" I ain't mad, 343.. I just disappointed .
It had to happen multiple times, before you'd get a 12hr temporary ban.
Yet if you look at my stats, I don't play reach enough to quit out as much as people like to pretend it needs. I'm sure there is stats some place that shows I only quit twice on mcc ever and both those times thanks to janky -Yoink- -Yoink-, so I know that's not true.
Just be sure to read the first post of this thread.
There isn't even a 12 hr ban listed.
Even if the times were slightly updated to include a 12 hr ban time, it's pretty unlikely that 1-2 quits would result in a 12 hr ban.

Every time a 343 employee has publicly responded to someone claiming "I didn't quit that much, why ban me?" 343 has showed the history of quits to be significantly more than claimed.

It's entirely possible you have a bunch of other disconnects or quits you've forgotten about (or didn't realize happened) that would've contributed to your situation.
AshamanND wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Let me tell you why I was banned. MCC froze mid load screen on swat because why make something that works, right? So my -Yoink- got temp banned. Its like a two year old is in charge and he missed nap time. "Oh I did a wrong? nu' uh', Your fault, banned for 12hrs or some -Yoink-" I ain't mad, 343.. I just disappointed .
It had to happen multiple times, before you'd get a 12hr temporary ban.
Yet if you look at my stats, I don't play reach enough to quit out as much as people like to pretend it needs. I'm sure there is stats some place that shows I only quit twice on mcc ever and both those times thanks to janky -Yoink- -Yoink-, so I know that's not true.
Just be sure to read the first post of this thread.
There isn't even a 12 hr ban listed.
Even if the times were slightly updated to include a 12 hr ban time, it's pretty unlikely that 1-2 quits would result in a 12 hr ban.

Every time a 343 employee has publicly responded to someone claiming "I didn't quit that much, why ban me?" 343 has showed the history of quits to be significantly more than claimed.

It's entirely possible you have a bunch of other disconnects or quits you've forgotten about (or didn't realize happened) that would've contributed to your situation.
ok so what you have stated is completely correct however people may not leave for no reason.... the factor that may be causing people to leave is team killing in modes that may not have any sort of player booting or the entire team trying to have a war with themselves or they may just not want to play that gamemode and left for a bad reason but please keep in mind that not EVERYONE who leaves may not leave for absolutely no reason so its kind of a 50/50 tbh

I mean people aren't instructed bots so they cant always be happy with their current situation with their teammates or people insulting them all the time im not trying to disprove your statement but you know what im trying to say right?
Halo36512 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Let me tell you why I was banned. MCC froze mid load screen on swat because why make something that works, right? So my -Yoink- got temp banned. Its like a two year old is in charge and he missed nap time. "Oh I did a wrong? nu' uh', Your fault, banned for 12hrs or some -Yoink-" I ain't mad, 343.. I just disappointed .
It had to happen multiple times, before you'd get a 12hr temporary ban.
Yet if you look at my stats, I don't play reach enough to quit out as much as people like to pretend it needs. I'm sure there is stats some place that shows I only quit twice on mcc ever and both those times thanks to janky -Yoink- -Yoink-, so I know that's not true.
Just be sure to read the first post of this thread.
There isn't even a 12 hr ban listed.
Even if the times were slightly updated to include a 12 hr ban time, it's pretty unlikely that 1-2 quits would result in a 12 hr ban.

Every time a 343 employee has publicly responded to someone claiming "I didn't quit that much, why ban me?" 343 has showed the history of quits to be significantly more than claimed.

It's entirely possible you have a bunch of other disconnects or quits you've forgotten about (or didn't realize happened) that would've contributed to your situation.
ok so what you have stated is completely correct however people may not leave for no reason.... the factor that may be causing people to leave is team killing in modes that may not have any sort of player booting or the entire team trying to have a war with themselves or they may just not want to play that gamemode and left for a bad reason but please keep in mind that not EVERYONE who leaves may not leave for absolutely no reason so its kind of a 50/50 tbh

I mean people aren't instructed bots so they cant always be happy with their current situation with their teammates or people insulting them all the time im not trying to disprove your statement but you know what im trying to say right?
That person was claiming they only ever quit twice, and it resulted in 'a 12 hour ban' and I was just pointing out that it's impossible.

I see what you're saying, and I agree - but I don't see what it has to do with what I posted...
Halo36512 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Let me tell you why I was banned. MCC froze mid load screen on swat because why make something that works, right? So my -Yoink- got temp banned. Its like a two year old is in charge and he missed nap time. "Oh I did a wrong? nu' uh', Your fault, banned for 12hrs or some -Yoink-" I ain't mad, 343.. I just disappointed .
It had to happen multiple times, before you'd get a 12hr temporary ban.
Yet if you look at my stats, I don't play reach enough to quit out as much as people like to pretend it needs. I'm sure there is stats some place that shows I only quit twice on mcc ever and both those times thanks to janky -Yoink- -Yoink-, so I know that's not true.
Just be sure to read the first post of this thread.
There isn't even a 12 hr ban listed.
Even if the times were slightly updated to include a 12 hr ban time, it's pretty unlikely that 1-2 quits would result in a 12 hr ban.

Every time a 343 employee has publicly responded to someone claiming "I didn't quit that much, why ban me?" 343 has showed the history of quits to be significantly more than claimed.

It's entirely possible you have a bunch of other disconnects or quits you've forgotten about (or didn't realize happened) that would've contributed to your situation.
ok so what you have stated is completely correct however people may not leave for no reason.... the factor that may be causing people to leave is team killing in modes that may not have any sort of player booting or the entire team trying to have a war with themselves or they may just not want to play that gamemode and left for a bad reason but please keep in mind that not EVERYONE who leaves may not leave for absolutely no reason so its kind of a 50/50 tbh

I mean people aren't instructed bots so they cant always be happy with their current situation with their teammates or people insulting them all the time im not trying to disprove your statement but you know what im trying to say right?
They view it all as a quit out, internet disconnection, rage quit, I think we may lose quit, I didn't get the sniper quit, my teammate betrayed me quit, it's all viewed as a quit. Therefore it really doesn't matter if you are at fault, or a lightening storm cutting your power. There's no way for them to decide what's justified, or not, the logistics of such a thing, would be rediculously time consuming.
Halo36512 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Let me tell you why I was banned. MCC froze mid load screen on swat because why make something that works, right? So my -Yoink- got temp banned. Its like a two year old is in charge and he missed nap time. "Oh I did a wrong? nu' uh', Your fault, banned for 12hrs or some -Yoink-" I ain't mad, 343.. I just disappointed .
It had to happen multiple times, before you'd get a 12hr temporary ban.
Yet if you look at my stats, I don't play reach enough to quit out as much as people like to pretend it needs. I'm sure there is stats some place that shows I only quit twice on mcc ever and both those times thanks to janky -Yoink- -Yoink-, so I know that's not true.
Just be sure to read the first post of this thread.
There isn't even a 12 hr ban listed.
Even if the times were slightly updated to include a 12 hr ban time, it's pretty unlikely that 1-2 quits would result in a 12 hr ban.

Every time a 343 employee has publicly responded to someone claiming "I didn't quit that much, why ban me?" 343 has showed the history of quits to be significantly more than claimed.

It's entirely possible you have a bunch of other disconnects or quits you've forgotten about (or didn't realize happened) that would've contributed to your situation.
ok so what you have stated is completely correct however people may not leave for no reason.... the factor that may be causing people to leave is team killing in modes that may not have any sort of player booting or the entire team trying to have a war with themselves or they may just not want to play that gamemode and left for a bad reason but please keep in mind that not EVERYONE who leaves may not leave for absolutely no reason so its kind of a 50/50 tbh

I mean people aren't instructed bots so they cant always be happy with their current situation with their teammates or people insulting them all the time im not trying to disprove your statement but you know what im trying to say right?
They view it all as a quit out, internet disconnection, rage quit, I think we may lose quit, I didn't get the sniper quit, my teammate betrayed me quit, it's all viewed as a quit. Therefore it really doesn't matter if you are at fault, or a lightening storm cutting your power. There's no way for them to decide what's justified, or not, the logistics of such a thing, would be rediculously time consuming.
Which is why banning over every single quit is ridiculous. It should be based on the percentage of games you've completed. If you're finishing 90% of your matches, a random DC or quit now and then should be ignored.
Halo36512 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Tanubi wrote:
Let me tell you why I was banned. MCC froze mid load screen on swat because why make something that works, right? So my -Yoink- got temp banned. Its like a two year old is in charge and he missed nap time. "Oh I did a wrong? nu' uh', Your fault, banned for 12hrs or some -Yoink-" I ain't mad, 343.. I just disappointed .
It had to happen multiple times, before you'd get a 12hr temporary ban.
Yet if you look at my stats, I don't play reach enough to quit out as much as people like to pretend it needs. I'm sure there is stats some place that shows I only quit twice on mcc ever and both those times thanks to janky -Yoink- -Yoink-, so I know that's not true.
Just be sure to read the first post of this thread.
There isn't even a 12 hr ban listed.
Even if the times were slightly updated to include a 12 hr ban time, it's pretty unlikely that 1-2 quits would result in a 12 hr ban.

Every time a 343 employee has publicly responded to someone claiming "I didn't quit that much, why ban me?" 343 has showed the history of quits to be significantly more than claimed.

It's entirely possible you have a bunch of other disconnects or quits you've forgotten about (or didn't realize happened) that would've contributed to your situation.
ok so what you have stated is completely correct however people may not leave for no reason.... the factor that may be causing people to leave is team killing in modes that may not have any sort of player booting or the entire team trying to have a war with themselves or they may just not want to play that gamemode and left for a bad reason but please keep in mind that not EVERYONE who leaves may not leave for absolutely no reason so its kind of a 50/50 tbh

I mean people aren't instructed bots so they cant always be happy with their current situation with their teammates or people insulting them all the time im not trying to disprove your statement but you know what im trying to say right?
They view it all as a quit out, internet disconnection, rage quit, I think we may lose quit, I didn't get the sniper quit, my teammate betrayed me quit, it's all viewed as a quit. Therefore it really doesn't matter if you are at fault, or a lightening storm cutting your power. There's no way for them to decide what's justified, or not, the logistics of such a thing, would be rediculously time consuming.
Which is why banning over every single quit is ridiculous. It should be based on the percentage of games you've completed. If you're finishing 90% of your matches, a random DC or quit now and then should be ignored.
It is? Noone has ever, not never ever, gotten banned for even 3 seconds, for a first quit out. I can't say for sure about 2 in a row, but I know I've lost connection twice in a row, yet not been banned for it. I'm just saying, the quit ban timer is said to reset every 24 hours. How are people getting 12hr bans constantly? Now I personally don't quit out, even if it's 4v1, I rather enjoy trying to win swat in a 4v1, which is more than possible to do. Anyways, why quit out so much? Even if it's connection wise, I have an absolute trash connection, sometimes I swear 1995 dial-up seems better, yet I'm not getting banned for my few lost connections.
Got a temp ban first time ever. Have been trying to play invasion on XB1, would be fine for a bit, then go black screen. Looks like a host migration, no big deal. Then it shows everyone quit, then back to menu.
Try it again, roughly same thing happens again, hit search and notified of ban.

Xbox is hard wired to the router, internet is solid. This has to be on the 343 end. What is going on?
Got a temp ban first time ever. Have been trying to play invasion on XB1, would be fine for a bit, then go black screen. Looks like a host migration, no big deal. Then it shows everyone quit, then back to menu.
Try it again, roughly same thing happens again, hit search and notified of ban.

Xbox is hard wired to the router, internet is solid. This has to be on the 343 end. What is going on?
It's a disconnect. Not your fault in this case.
But unfortunately people could abuse disconnects.
Therefore all disconnects are treated equal to quits, and a ban.
AshamanND wrote:
Got a temp ban first time ever. Have been trying to play invasion on XB1, would be fine for a bit, then go black screen. Looks like a host migration, no big deal. Then it shows everyone quit, then back to menu.
Try it again, roughly same thing happens again, hit search and notified of ban.

Xbox is hard wired to the router, internet is solid. This has to be on the 343 end. What is going on?
It's a disconnect. Not your fault in this case.
But unfortunately people could abuse disconnects.
Therefore all disconnects are treated equal to quits, and a ban.
well that's something 343i need to work on because if they have people who lose connection and then they get a temp ban doesn't seem very effective or fair of a banning system there may be wrong doers out there but there are many guys like this who hasn't done anything wrong and is getting punished also I lost connection and I didn't get a ban so I must have luck or the banning system just ignores certain people lol
Halo36512 wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Got a temp ban first time ever. Have been trying to play invasion on XB1, would be fine for a bit, then go black screen. Looks like a host migration, no big deal. Then it shows everyone quit, then back to menu.
Try it again, roughly same thing happens again, hit search and notified of ban.

Xbox is hard wired to the router, internet is solid. This has to be on the 343 end. What is going on?
It's a disconnect. Not your fault in this case.
But unfortunately people could abuse disconnects.
Therefore all disconnects are treated equal to quits, and a ban.
well that's something 343i need to work on because if they have people who lose connection and then they get a temp ban doesn't seem very effective or fair of a banning system there may be wrong doers out there but there are many guys like this who hasn't done anything wrong and is getting punished also I lost connection and I didn't get a ban so I must have luck or the banning system just ignores certain people lol
There's really no easy way to do that though. Then people could just drop connection, anytime they wanted to quit out 😣
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 79
  4. 80
  5. 81
  6. 82
  7. 83
  8. ...
  9. 97