Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 80
  4. 81
  5. 82
  6. 83
  7. 84
  8. ...
  9. 97
I think the solution for a dropped connection would be to add a join in progress feature that allows to reenter the game if it was just a very brief disconnect.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I think the solution for a dropped connection would be to add a join in progress feature that allows to reenter the game if it was just a very brief disconnect.
they should do this exactly
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Rejoining a dropped game should be the only option for a player who left, until that game is complete. Players who drop or leave shouldn’t have the option of going to find another match to play. Of course, this sort of system shouldn’t be in lieu of a ban system.
Okay, so my dad put a time limit on my Xbox (I know, stupid right?) and was wondering, if my time runs out in the middle of a match, will I get the hammer or will it think I had connection issues?

Just wondering what'll happen.
Okay, so my dad put a time limit on my Xbox (I know, stupid right?) and was wondering, if my time runs out in the middle of a match, will I get the hammer or will it think I had connection issues?

If you leave a match before it's over for any reason (quit/disconnect) it's treated the same way.

First leave = 5 minute ban.

I'm not sure how your time limit works in your specific case (does your wifi cut off?)
AshamanND wrote:

If you leave a match before it's over for any reason (quit/disconnect) it's treated the same way.

I'm not sure how your time limit works in your specific case (does your wifi cut off?)
No, it kinda just boots me off of my profile, as if I were signing into a different account (for example)
AshamanND wrote:

No, it kinda just boots me off of my profile, as if I were signing into a different account (for example)
Well, if that forces you to be kicked from the match, then yeah, it'll probably count as a quit.
I'd suggest setting up your own timer to keep track, and if you have less than 12-15 mins left, don't start a new match.
Play some campaign or customs or something in your last bit of time.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:

Well, if that forces you to be kicked from the match, then yeah, it'll probably count as a quit.
I'd suggest setting up your own timer to keep track, and if you have less than 12-15 mins left, don't start a new match.
Play some campaign or customs or something in your last bit of time.
Yeah, thanks for the help!
I miss the days when i could enjoy a game of halo and just leave a game without getting banned, what happened to having fun without the bull guys?
got company's telling you how to enjoy your game or they will take it away from you, ill tell you what if halo infinite flops hard imma never play another 343 game again as im absolutely tired of companies pandering to whiney no lifes that play competitive and cry when somebody leaves their team because they are tired of getting spawn killed.
what happened to halo?
do the devs even care about the casuals anymore?
Update: MCC Development Update - January 2020

Quote:
Bans from AFK, Macros, Firefight, & Sword lining
It is unfortunate that many players are continuing to ruin the gameplay experience for others since our last round of bans. While we’ve been quiet on this subject since the first round, we are not ignoring the problem. Another round of bans will be going out soon.

Reminder, our rules around banning can always be found here: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037287112-Why-Did-I-Get-Banned-
  • AFK & Macros – This has been and will remain a bannable offense.
  • Sword Lining – This is a bannable offense and falls under category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
  • Firefight Suicides once Max XP is gained – This is a bannable offense and falls under the category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike content.
If you ever feel you are falsely banned, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate people on a case by case basis. We have been doing this for the people who’ve submitted tickets after the recent round of bans. https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us
Quote:
In addition, we will be continually monitoring player behaviors and aggressively issuing bans for players who do not actively participate in games or attempt to manipulate the rewards systems in place. For those who are actively looking to participate and play, we will also have some special events and bonus XP weekends coming up. Keep an eye on Waypoint and the Halo social channels for more details in the future.
Update: MCC Development Update - January 2020

Quote:
Bans from AFK, Macros, Firefight, & Sword lining
It is unfortunate that many players are continuing to ruin the gameplay experience for others since our last round of bans. While we’ve been quiet on this subject since the first round, we are not ignoring the problem. Another round of bans will be going out soon.

Reminder, our rules around banning can always be found here: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037287112-Why-Did-I-Get-Banned-
  • AFK & Macros – This has been and will remain a bannable offense.
  • Sword Lining – This is a bannable offense and falls under category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
  • Firefight Suicides once Max XP is gained – This is a bannable offense and falls under the category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike content.
If you ever feel you are falsely banned, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate people on a case by case basis. We have been doing this for the people who’ve submitted tickets after the recent round of bans. https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us
Quote:
In addition, we will be continually monitoring player behaviors and aggressively issuing bans for players who do not actively participate in games or attempt to manipulate the rewards systems in place. For those who are actively looking to participate and play, we will also have some special events and bonus XP weekends coming up. Keep an eye on Waypoint and the Halo social channels for more details in the future.
Wait so you are telling me that they are now banning people who give up and go hide or jump around because their team sucks?
wtf 343, are we not allowed to enjoy ourselves anymore? man if i did not know any better id say that 343 is being ran by a bunch of fun police
Wait so you are telling me that they are now banning people who give up and go hide or jump around because their team sucks?
wtf 343, are we not allowed to enjoy ourselves anymore? man if i did not know any better id say that 343 is being ran by a bunch of fun police
I don't think that will be the case. When they mean participate I think they mean players who literally do absolutely nothing all game long and purposefully afk for the whole match. If you get some kills and move around the map for the most part pretty sure you'd be fine. Its just those loser teammates who put the controller down at the very starts so they can pad exp and not actually play games.
I don't think that will be the case. When they mean participate I think they mean players who literally do absolutely nothing all game long and purposefully afk for the whole match. If you get some kills and move around the map for the most part pretty sure you'd be fine. Its just those loser teammates who put the controller down at the very starts so they can pad exp and not actually play games.
ah ok
Are the ban dates in MM/DD/YY.

I am from England and I've just got a ban for 03/01/2020.

And of course, here it is the 3rd of January which is the 31st when I am writing this.
I was banned recently. I got home from work logged on and it said I was banned I have no reason why though. I would like to appeal the ban or at least be informed why I was banned in the first place.
BetrayFate wrote:
I was banned recently. I got home from work logged on and it said I was banned I have no reason why though. I would like to appeal the ban or at least be informed why I was banned in the first place.
Try restarting the game, and then go into multiplayer. It should show you a message saying why you was banned, and the duration of it. I hope this was of some help.
BetrayFate wrote:
Try restarting the game, and then go into multiplayer. It should show you a message saying why you was banned, and the duration of it. I hope this was of some help.
Well going by your service record I am will to bet you are one of the afk players xp farming. Your KD is really really low and you have a lot of losses, both signs of an akf'er.
LethalQ wrote:
BetrayFate wrote:
Well going by your service record I am will to bet you are one of the afk players xp farming. Your KD is really really low and you have a lot of losses, both signs of an akf'er.
The lots of losses are me genuinely loses a majority of my games when I play anything but infection and my KD is because I play a decent amount of infection.
BetrayFate wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
BetrayFate wrote:
The lots of losses are me genuinely loses a majority of my games when I play anything but infection and my KD is because I play a decent amount of infection.
Ah ok, that can explain it.
I haven't played Halo MCC matchmaking in like a week or so. So I log on and I'm temporarily banned until 03/01/2020. There is no explanation for it. Why. Help please!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 80
  4. 81
  5. 82
  6. 83
  7. 84
  8. ...
  9. 97