Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 81
  4. 82
  5. 83
  6. 84
  7. 85
  8. ...
  9. 95
Can someone please help me!!!! I just loaded halo mcc to play some halo reach. When I go to multiplayer to try to find a game, it says I have been banned from matchmaking and the ban will be lifted on 02/14/2020, 1 month from now.... what is going on? I did not do anything and I was just playing the other day why am I banned for a whole month? How can I get this fixed someone help I love halo and I don’t want to have to go play call of duty... wtf
I am curious because I am now currently banned until 02/08/2020. Would trying to get 15+ kills in a match for the highest XP count as being an exploit? I don’t really understand what an exploit is. I was always just tying to aim for the maximum XP cap so I could level up faster. I wasn’t one of those guys just AFKing every game. I was however killing those guys therefore shouldn’t be against the rules? I wasn’t one of those guys who were AFK every game. I was playing for a reason and it was to get to highest tier. There were some games where i wouldn’t play because the other team were too good at spawn killing and I wouldn’t get a chance to do anything. If I got banned because I quit so much then why did I get hit with such a big ban? I would like to know why I was banned I’m fine with whatever reason I just want to know what I was banned for

Edit; I’m from Australia and I’m not sure if the date is for American or Australian. Australia has the day/month/year and Americans have it month/day/year some answer would be helpful thanks
I think the mass bans are being handed out again. Just a reminder from the latest dev blog.

Quote:
Bans from AFK, Macros, Firefight, & Sword lining
It is unfortunate that many players are continuing to ruin the gameplay experience for others since our last round of bans. While we’ve been quiet on this subject since the first round, we are not ignoring the problem. Another round of bans will be going out soon.
Reminder, our rules around banning can always be found here: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037287112-Why-Did-I-Get-Banned-
  • AFK & Macros – This has been and will remain a bannable offense.
  • Sword Lining – This is a bannable offense and falls under category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
  • Firefight Suicides once Max XP is gained – This is a bannable offense and falls under the category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike content.
If you ever feel you are falsely banned, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate people on a case by case basis. We have been doing this for the people who’ve submitted tickets after the recent round of bans. https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us.
I got banned for a month with no warning. I have no idea what i did wrong, no incrimental bans or anything
I got banned until 14/2/20 without any notifications nor clear reasons. I'm a PC newcomer and I've never shown any penalizable behaviour that I know. To be honest, I would like some explanations as right now I'm unable to play the game I paid for. Give a banning reason so that players know what has happened.
I got banned from matchmaking on Xbox until 02/15/2020 without getting any warnings or notifications. I can't find any reason as to why I was banned because the last time 4 or 5 days ago when I tried playing matchmaking I've searched for a game for about an hour. I haven't found any games during that 1 hour so I've decided to quit and haven't gone on MCC ever since. Today I decided to try again but when I got on it said that I am banned from matchmaking without getting an explaination.
Can i please get unbanned? I was banned for no reason. I opened up the game yesterday, and it says ive been banned for a week. Please help, I just want to play halo.
Jewlevel99, IIMythic MinkII, ZetaBlaze, H0beeb0b0, Angzahyetee, Mhami42, Fireboy, BetrayFate, SubtotalAMG and others who may be affected by recent matchmaking bans - your ban is very likely in response to 343's announcement recently that they were doing another wave of bans for AFKing, Macro-ing & Sword lining. Luke posted above, ut I'll quote it again. All the information you need is here:
Quote:
Bans from AFK, Macros, Firefight, & Sword lining
It is unfortunate that many players are continuing to ruin the gameplay experience for others since our last round of bans. While we’ve been quiet on this subject since the first round, we are not ignoring the problem. Another round of bans will be going out soon.
Reminder, our rules around banning can always be found here: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037287112-Why-Did-I-Get-Banned-
  • AFK & Macros – This has been and will remain a bannable offense.
  • Sword Lining – This is a bannable offense and falls under category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
  • Firefight Suicides once Max XP is gained – This is a bannable offense and falls under the category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike content.
If you ever feel you are falsely banned, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate people on a case by case basis. We have been doing this for the people who’ve submitted tickets after the recent round of bans. https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Quit out of two games over the course of three hours, both because of rampant team killing and team damage so I could get killed by the other team,and I get banned... Out of Social. I don't care how little or long this ban is. As matter of fact it seems to have ended already. This is still the dumbest f\thing I've ever seen in my life. So Bungie doesn't ban teamkillers, but bans people who quit out of games with teamkillers. And we're not talking about accidental teamkills here either. This is spawn, no enemies around, shield gets dropped immediately, but that behavior is A OK according to Bungie. SMH GD clowns.

Nalatroz wrote:
Suisun wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Postums wrote:
This shall be the ban thread discussion. All discussions will live in this pinned thread.
Do ban time amounts decay over time or is it permanent? So let's say my last ban was a week long, but I decided to be good and not quit for several months although I unfortunately had a power outage which caused me to quit the game. Will the ban that's after a week long still be in effect or will it reset back to a ten minute ban?
They probably never even thought about it because of this reaction to quitting is like omg, lets ban those monsters for being firefighters being called urgently away, its obviously not because there is no reason whatsoever to win, lose,stay in games, play ranked (other than ranked having the only ffa playlist) and most of the matches are stupid because of the lack of a veto/voting button which was from another stupid reaction. Maybe another 4 more years until we have a launch ready game that the majority of fans want
Well I imagine if your on call and being called away to fight a fire you wouldn't mind receiving the 10 minute ban for your first quit. The vast majority of those that quit, don't do it for such altruistic reasons. My only sympathy in this situation goes to the people having connection issues and receiving bans for it.
Weird how you have no sympathy for firefighters but have sympathy for people who know their internet connection is bad and will likely harm other people's playtime for sheer selfishness.
Hello, no serious problems yet but I keep getting a message of "You were removed for an idling member of your party" at the end of matches. This has happened to Reach Firefight and Social matches. What can I do to prevent myself for being banned for idling? I am not AFK or idling, just waiting for the next match. Thank you in advance for the help!
Hello, no serious problems yet but I keep getting a message of "You were removed for an idling member of your party" at the end of matches. This has happened to Reach Firefight and Social matches. What can I do to prevent myself for being banned for idling? I am not AFK or idling, just waiting for the next match. Thank you in advance for the help!
Are you getting banned, or are you getting removed from the matchmaking queue? If you are in the matchmaking queue for too long with no controller input, you'll see "Zzz" appear next to your name in the queue, and you won't be able to actually go into a game until you move your controller a little bit.

If you joined a fireteam and someone in the party is idling in queue, then just tell them to wiggle their sticks.
I got banned for a week, with no previous bans save one several weeks ago for 5 or 10 minutes. It happened while my girlfriend was playing and I was at work, but she says she didn't quit, idle, betray anyone, or otherwise do anything that should have gotten her banned. Anyone know how something like this even happens? I play almost every day, so there's no way I could've been unaware of even a 24 hour ban, so getting banned from the 31st to the 7th REALLY sucks. The OP makes it pretty clear that it doesn't matter what I say, the ban isn't getting lifted, but I'd at least like to know why I got banned for that long without any warning.

I'm playing MCC through gamepass for pc

EDIT: Just had a thought. The messages that tell you you're banned should probably give you the reason you were banned, or a link to some log of your ban (time/date of offense, what the offense was).
stckrboy wrote:
TRApache1649 - have a read over my post here, sounds like you were caught up in the recent ban wave.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/the-official-halo-mcc-why-was-i-banned-thread/95de2d50-5e10-42db-9490-c24efbd2dc74/posts?page=83#post1648
I don't go afk all that often though, I don't use macros, and I don't even know what sword lining is lol. I go afk less than once a day on overage. I have a baby, so that does happen, but I'd be fine with the 10 minute ban that's supposed to be in place for the 24 hour window. I never got that though, just got banned for a week.
stckrboy wrote:
TRApache1649 - have a read over my post here, sounds like you were caught up in the recent ban wave.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/the-official-halo-mcc-why-was-i-banned-thread/95de2d50-5e10-42db-9490-c24efbd2dc74/posts?page=83#post1648
I don't go afk all that often though, I don't use macros, and I don't even know what sword lining is lol. I go afk less than once a day on overage. I have a baby, so that does happen, but I'd be fine with the 10 minute ban that's supposed to be in place for the 24 hour window. I never got that though, just got banned for a week.
Real life always takes precedent. However, 343 has to maintain a fair, functioning multiplayer environment, and unfortunately can’t take people at their word on the reasons behind their quits/betrays/afk, so they all get treated the same.

If caring for your child is the reason behind your idling, then you should consider quitting a match when you go attend to your child, instead of just going afk. You’ll get a short ban as punishment for quitting, but quitting is not as bad as idling.
stckrboy wrote:
I have a baby too, but I don't afk to go take care of him; if I'm on child care duty I play civ6 or do something else. Guessing if you got banned you did it a lot more than once a day. Bottom line is if you are playing a multiplayer game, you shouldn't afk, whether it's an FPS like halo, or an MMO. Not saying a game should come before real life, but if you truly are prioritizing other things (as you should!), then only play when you have the time to dedicate.
Quit bans need to be more harsh IMO. Quitters are still every where. If you quit a game you shouldn't be allowed to play a game until the game you quit is over, and bans get longer than that the more you quit.... Also what I would love to see is quitters go into a special match making pool of other players who have high quit rates. That way those of us who have the fortitude to finish games aren't always playing with quitters. With the match composer you get to pick the title and even the game type and players still quit out... I don't get it really.
LethalQ wrote:
Quit bans need to be more harsh IMO. Quitters are still every where. If you quit a game you shouldn't be allowed to play a game until the game you quit is over, and bans get longer than that the more you quit.... Also what I would love to see is quitters go into a special match making pool of other players who have high quit rates. That way those of us who have the fortitude to finish games aren't always playing with quitters. With the match composer you get to pick the title and even the game type and players still quit out... I don't get it really.
I really don't see how it could get any more specifically the way you want it, unless they add choosing maps you want to play on, but even then, they'll quit. I just don't get it, and never will understand, why someone feels the need to quit out of game, after game. I support the putting quitters in their own search area, as apparently that's what Marvel Vs Capcom 3 does, saw it in a YouTube video the other day. They could also, add in a ban on gaining xp, for a certain amount of time, that increases with each quit, or an XP reduction that doesn't go away, until you complete a certain amount of games, to get back in the non quit threshold (Overwatch apparently does this one). The overwatch thing sounds like a big deterrent, because the more they quit, without completing, they just make it harder for themselves to get back into the normal threshold.
LethalQ wrote:
Also what I would love to see is quitters go into a special match making pool of other players who have high quit rates. That way those of us who have the fortitude to finish games aren't always playing with quitters.
I don't see this being more effective than quit bans. Currently, quit bans remove the quitters from matchmaking for a temporary amount of time. If there was a "quitters only" pool of matchmaking, they'd still have to quit once to be put into that pool, and then it would likely be another temporary amount of time. The only thing this would change is that quitters would be allowed to play during their punishment period (just only with other quitters). This wouldn't stop first-time quitters or new accounts from quitting any more than quit bans do. Even if you upped the amount of time a quitter spends in that banishment pool, I doubt the serial quitters would stay there; they'd just use the same methods to get around that quitters playlist that they use to get around quit bans. Overall, this idea sounds no more effective at curtailing quitting than quit bans, and just sounds like a less harsh punishment.

If quit rates have gone up since they lessened the quit ban timers, then I'm sure they'll be returning the temp ban times back to what they were before the Reach update soon.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 81
  4. 82
  5. 83
  6. 84
  7. 85
  8. ...
  9. 95