Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 82
  4. 83
  5. ...
  6. 84
Chimera30 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Also what I would love to see is quitters go into a special match making pool of other players who have high quit rates. That way those of us who have the fortitude to finish games aren't always playing with quitters.
I don't see this being more effective than quit bans. Currently, quit bans remove the quitters from matchmaking for a temporary amount of time. If there was a "quitters only" pool of matchmaking, they'd still have to quit once to be put into that pool, and then it would likely be another temporary amount of time. The only thing this would change is that quitters would be allowed to play during their punishment period (just only with other quitters). This wouldn't stop first-time quitters or new accounts from quitting any more than quit bans do. Even if you upped the amount of time a quitter spends in that banishment pool, I doubt the serial quitters would stay there; they'd just use the same methods to get around that quitters playlist that they use to get around quit bans. Overall, this idea sounds no more effective at curtailing quitting than quit bans, and just sounds like a less harsh punishment.

If quit rates have gone up since they lessened the quit ban timers, then I'm sure they'll be returning the temp ban times back to what they were before the Reach update soon.
They would still serve their bans along with being put into a pool where players are more likely to quit. That way maybe some quitters will realize that it's better for all to at least finish the game rather than quit out just because they didn't get the map they wanted or the game isn't going their way. I will probably stick more to the FFA where quitters at least make the game better since FFA plays way better with like six or seven anyways.
Longer bans for quitting and afk players please, These are the reason sessions become unfun, 3rd time quit a game should be atleast a week suspension, if for any reason ur internet isn’t functioning properly or XBox live has issues, just don’t play halo MP, I hope u guys r hearing me, And on another note and I hope u implement in mcc but is a must for infinite, I give u an example: if u have the flag/bomb etc and YOUR Team mate decides to melee you to take the the credit, automatically have the option to boot the player.
stebeer85 wrote:
Longer bans for quitting and afk players please, These are the reason sessions become unfun, 3rd time quit a game should be atleast a week suspension, if for any reason ur internet isn’t functioning properly or XBox live has issues, just don’t play halo MP, I hope u guys r hearing me, And on another note and I hope u implement in mcc but is a must for infinite, I give u an example: if u have the flag/bomb etc and YOUR Team mate decides to melee you to take the the credit, automatically have the option to boot the player.
I can't STAND when I get betrayed by some jerk who wants the point.
Have I been banned from using voice / text chat? Ever since January, I've been unable to communicate with anyone in chat, even those in my own party. What appears to happen is that I'm not put into voice chat with anyone else no matter what lobby / game I join. This does not appear to be a technical issue, though an issue solely with my account. I have tested another account on the same PC and voice / text chat works flawlessly.

If this is the case, is there any way to appeal the ban?

I've opened a support ticker #20861 on this particular issue over a month ago and have received no response.

Please help
AshamanND wrote:
stebeer85 wrote:
I can't STAND when I get betrayed by some jerk who wants the point.
Yeah I fully support some kind of instant ban for those people. I can't tell you how many times I was about to score a flag, only to be killed, so the betrayer could score it...
Have I been banned from using voice / text chat? Ever since January, I've been unable to communicate with anyone in chat, even those in my own party. What appears to happen is that I'm not put into voice chat with anyone else no matter what lobby / game I join. This does not appear to be a technical issue, though an issue solely with my account. I have tested another account on the same PC and voice / text chat works flawlessly.

I've opened a support ticker #20861 on this particular issue over a month ago and have received no response.

Please help
This sounds like an issue with Xbox live and not Halo.
You should have gotten an email from Microsoft explaining it.
You need to appeal to them.
I was just notified that I was banned from matchmaking until 02/14/2020. I haven't even played Halo for the past week. I can't remember anything I might have done that would warrant a ban, let alone for this long. Sure, sometimes I accidentally betray someone in grifball, or get up to grab something during a loading screen and don't make it back right on time, but I don't think that warrants what I assume was a two-week ban. What gives?
TCBeat21 wrote:
I was just notified that I was banned from matchmaking until 02/14/2020. I haven't even played Halo for the past week. I can't remember anything I might have done that would warrant a ban, let alone for this long.
See my post here for further details
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/the-official-halo-mcc-why-was-i-banned-thread/95de2d50-5e10-42db-9490-c24efbd2dc74/posts?page=83#post1648
AshamanND wrote:

Please help
This sounds like an issue with Xbox live and not Halo.
You should have gotten an email from Microsoft explaining it.
You need to appeal to them.
Where can I submit an appeal that will be read by an admin? I've been sitting on a support ticket on 'support.halowaypoint.com' for the last month with no response.

Thank you
Where can I submit an appeal that will be read by an admin? I've been sitting on a support ticket on 'support.halowaypoint.com' for the last month with no response.
If you were actually comms banned by Xbox Live, you should've received an email and a message on Xbox to the account in question, but you can file a case review with Xbox Live if you've been banned. Just follow the instructions on this page.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
If you were actually comms banned by Xbox Live, you should've received an email and a message on Xbox to the account in question, but you can file a case review with Xbox Live if you've been banned. Just follow the instructions on this page.
Thank you for your help thus far,

I have not received any emails from xbox or microsoft in the last 4 months, and none of the emails that I have received have any notice of a ban. I'm assuming that I was somehow banned because I seem to have the only account that cannot communicate in MCC voice / text chat. I've tested multiple other accounts now, all of which are working flawlessly.
According to enforcement.xbox.com, I have a 'perfect reputation'. Linked are gyazo screenshots of my enforcement.xbox.com profile.
https://gyazo.com/15f3ceee3abfb7a663852d9747c72eda
This is a screenshot of the dashboard stating my reputation over time (perfect)
https://gyazo.com/eaa3a2c452031f607b372c037baf64cc

It appears that I'm not banned from xbox live services, though perhaps I am with MCC? I've still heard nothing from my support ticket (#20861)

Thank you all
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Thank you for your help thus far,

I have not received any emails from xbox or microsoft in the last 4 months, and none of the emails that I have received have any notice of a ban. I'm assuming that I was somehow banned because I seem to have the only account that cannot communicate in MCC voice / text chat. I've tested multiple other accounts now, all of which are working flawlessly.
According to enforcement.xbox.com, I have a 'perfect reputation'. Linked are gyazo screenshots of my enforcement.xbox.com profile.
https://gyazo.com/15f3ceee3abfb7a663852d9747c72eda
This is a screenshot of the dashboard stating my reputation over time (perfect)
https://gyazo.com/eaa3a2c452031f607b372c037baf64cc

It appears that I'm not banned from xbox live services, though perhaps I am with MCC? I've still heard nothing from my support ticket (#20861)

Thank you all
Have you tried calling Xbox Support? Sometimes it helps to be able to talk to someone. The number is 1-800-469-9269 (18004MYXBOX)
I was given a 1 minute ban right in the middle of a game, is there any way to figure out why that happened?
I got a message that said I was temporarily banned. Think it was only for about 5 minutes. I have heard that 343 is starting to use the ban hammer and don't want it to lead into something more permanent.

I believe it might of been from the last match I played. I was playing 2v2 on Reach PC and one person from the other team quit. Very early on the player on the other team was trying to camp inside the gravity lift on the map Zealot. I realised he would always try to go in one of them. After killing him like 4 times in the same location he gave up playing the game and just ran around shooting in the air. My teammate didn't seem to be doing much either.

I have also encountered some connection issues. One of which might have also temporarily banned me at one point. However, the message said something along the lines of that someone in my party was banned.

I have been playing Halo since 2006 and have had my Xbox Live account for about the same time. I have bought Halo MCC three times. Once on disc when it originally came out, second digitally when lost the disc, third when it came out on PC. I even bought Reach and ODST dlc on Xbox. I don't want to be banned for being placed in a bad match. Is there anything I can do as a player to avoid this? Thank you.
I think the original post in this thread should be edited to link to the updated rules: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037287112-Why-Did-I-Get-Banned-
I don't want to be banned for being placed in a bad match. Is there anything I can do as a player to avoid this? Thank you.
There are a few things you can do to make sure you don't get banned:
  1. Finish matches, don't quit
  2. Don't teamkill or grief
  3. Don't idle/afk, "rubberband" your controller, or set up macros to trick the system into thinking you're playing
  4. Don't manipulate games to try and get more XP or rank
If you follow these suggestions, you'll rarely (if ever) get a matchmaking ban. If you unintentionally disconnect from a match, you'll get a temporary ban, but it'll be short so it's not something to be worried about. If you disconnect from matches often, like several times in a day, then you should troubleshoot your connection before attempting to join another match.

Remember that if half your team has already quit, you can safely quit without fear of getting banned.
Chimera30 wrote:
I don't want to be banned for being placed in a bad match. Is there anything I can do as a player to avoid this? Thank you.
  3. Don't idle/afk, "rubberband" your controller, or set up macros to trick the system into thinking you're playing
If you follow these suggestions, you'll rarely (if ever) get a matchmaking ban. If you unintentionally disconnect from a match, you'll get a temporary ban, but it'll be short so it's not something to be worried about. If you disconnect from matches often, like several times in a day, then you should troubleshoot your connection before attempting to join another match.

Remember that if half your team has already quit, you can safely quit without fear of getting banned.
also if you quit because of being spawn trapped/killed too bad, you get the quit ban friend. :)
Chimera30 wrote:

also if you quit because of being spawn trapped/killed too bad, you get the quit ban friend. :)
Yes, true. See #1.
my game crash few time while starting in a match, will that get you ban? Because i feel that's a bit unfair when that something I can't help.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 82
  4. 83
  5. ...
  6. 84