Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 83
  4. 84
  5. 85
  6. 86
  7. 87
  8. ...
  9. 97
Maybe if players who were quit banned or banned for other reasons had to stay on halo and watch the time count down to actually serve time. This would deter them. Better yet build a map for the banned players, an UNSC military prison. All the can do is walk around in their cell ( unarmed by the way ) until their ban time is up. Do this system and I am sure the player misconduct rate will drop sharply.
Maybe if players who were quit banned or banned for other reasons had to stay on halo and watch the time count down to actually serve time. This would deter them. Better yet build a map for the banned players, an UNSC military prison. All the can do is walk around in their cell ( unarmed by the way ) until their ban time is up. Do this system and I am sure the player misconduct rate will drop sharply.
yes because 343 needs to hemorrhage even more of their playerbase, i already have a hard time finding games for btb id rather not make it worse.
It amazes me how some people are still idling, even after the mass bannage. I've played with, or against one particular spinner, 5 times today, in 4 hours.
Okay this isn't because I'm banned, although I have been banned for leaving social games which is absolutely obsurd. I play social because it's supposed to be stress free, I'm hurting no one because it's not ranked. I mean if you are playing social as if it's ranked surely you are playing it wrong right? and then we get a match like this.

I got into a match 3 from the other team left...

You know what happened? He was all alone so obviously he camped like any sane person would. Do you know how BORING that is for everyone who is 4 on our team? I bet none of us wanted to stay, I sure didn't want to but I'm forced to. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I wont play ranked if I know I might be called to do something. but to do it to everyone, even those who carefully ignore upsetting ranked players is a true slap in the face. These bans are boarderline cruel.

Not to mention the above where one guy was alone, who seriously wants to play in a map void of players? and no, the whole you can leave if others do is not good enough, people have lives, I have a life, i choose to not impact those who are playing competively so stop punishing me and others who are curtious enough to do that. If people leave ranked slap them with week bans, that's understandable it's a competitive mode and although your matchmaking is poorly balanced, well doesn't consider any skill balance at all and probably creates more quits than anything else, still no one should be leaving a ranked game. I get that.

Social is supposed to be carefree fun, quit taking that away.

The direction you are taking with this it wont be long before we're all typing F to pay respects to this game.
I got banned for leaving a match at 02/10/2020 till 12:12AM and i am still temporarily banned to this day, what can i do?
Ragnarosas wrote:
I got banned for leaving a match at 02/10/2020 till 12:12AM and i am still temporarily banned to this day, what can i do?
Quit bans do not last that long. If you have a ban lasting 2+ weeks then you were banned for some other reason. The support site details some of the reasons behind long bans.
Chimera30 wrote:
Ragnarosas wrote:
Quit bans do not last that long. If you have a ban lasting 2+ weeks then you were banned for some other reason. The support site details some of the reasons behind long bans.
But it says that the ban should've been lifted at 02/10/2020?
Ragnarosas wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Ragnarosas wrote:
But it says that the ban should've been lifted at 02/10/2020?
Your ban was until 3/1.

There are no active bans on your account currently.

...I can fix that if you'd like?
snickerdoodle
Question , ¿Of the 100 games that you take as a reference to know if someone is cheating, those 100 are the last ones in general, or for each halo?
¿those games are multiplayer, custom and firefight , and are the same as those one can see individually?

My question is if they have a firefight history, why are there so many afk people who commit multiple suicides and don't get banned
BentIeeys wrote:
snickerdoodleQuestion , ¿Of the 100 games that you take as a reference to know if someone is cheating, those 100 are the last ones in general, or for each halo?
¿those games are multiplayer, custom and firefight , and are the same as those one can see individually?

My question is if they have a firefight history, why are there so many afk people who commit multiple suicides and don't get banned
Check out this thread:
Quote:
BAN HAMMER
Before we dive into the details of work, we wanted to remind folks that we ban players for bad behaviors that we have outlined as not okay in our titles. We have been and will continue issuing them for bad actors amongst the community to improve the experience for all players. In case you didn’t know we do this, please consider this a reminder. Our ban rules can always be found HERE.
AFK & Macros
  • This has been and will remain a bannable offense.
Sword Lining
  • This is a bannable offense and falls under category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
Firefight Suicides once Max XP is gained
  • This is a bannable offense and falls under the category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike conduct.
If you ever feel you are falsely banned, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate people on a case by case basis. We have been doing this for the people who’ve submitted tickets after the recent round of bans. https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us.
Those types of bans aren't done automatically, they're by review. So people that excessively suicide WILL get bans at some point - they probably just haven't been reviewed yet.
AshamanND wrote:
BentIeeys wrote:
snickerdoodleQuestion , ¿Of the 100 games that you take as a reference to know if someone is cheating, those 100 are the last ones in general, or for each halo?

Check out this thread:
Quote:
BAN HAMMER
Before we dive into the details of work, we wanted to remind folks that we ban players for bad behaviors that we have outlined as not okay in our titles. We have been and will continue issuing them for bad actors amongst the community to improve the experience for all players. In case you didn’t know we do this, please consider this a reminder. Our ban rules can always be found HERE.
AFK & Macros
  • This has been and will remain a bannable offense.
Sword Lining
  • This is a bannable offense and falls under category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
Firefight Suicides once Max XP is gained
  • This is a bannable offense and falls under the category of unsociable and unsportsmanlike conduct.
If you ever feel you are falsely banned, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate people on a case by case basis. We have been doing this for the people who’ve submitted tickets after the recent round of bans. https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us.
Those types of bans aren't done automatically, they're by review. So people that excessively suicide WILL get bans at some point - they probably just haven't been reviewed yet.
What is it macros and swordline?
AshamanND wrote:
Quote:
BAN HAMMER
That gave me a good laugh. I'm gonna talk ranked here although I never play it anymore because I know what my job is like and could be called anytime... But seriously

Improve the experience for all players??? That was a joke right? I was supposed to laugh because I did. If they really cared about that they would create a matchmaking system that matches players by some sort of skill rather than the random wild west they have now. I wasn't ware having matches that end 50-20 was improving experiences for all players, it improves it for 4 out of 8 players in that match, that same 4 who probably roll in parties steamrolling everyone because there's also no real protection against parties which also negates giving everyone a good experience.

If players are on such a losing end in ranked. Should they leave? Not really... They selected ranked it's sporting to stay but that match is dead. it's a waste of time. I understand why people would leave. The ban is shorter than the humiliation. If players are getting one sided affairs which is always the case I've experienced in ranked then I can't blame them for leaving, it's not really something I'd want to do I'd just camp it out like crazy to inflict the same boring match they were giving me. But if I'm thinking like that rather than leaving that kind of says enough about how these one sided affairs create a poor experience for at least 4 and those who stay are hell bent on trying to find a way to create a negative experience for the other 4.

With matchmaking how it currently works I do not believe the ban system is right. When matchmaking matches people fairly and gives everyone a chance to climb the ladder then bans work because your getting beaten or winning at your proper skill level vs similarly skilled players, then they'll probably just leave right at the end of matches or something... but whatever. having a chance to win entices people to stay.

What happened to the Halo 3 system? That while slightly flawed worked really well. by the time you got to like level 14 you already got away from the vast majority of smurf accounts, apparently I got to like level 20 but for some reason I believe I got to 27, whatever not really the point, from those levels I was having matches that could swing either way, real competition where I honestly very rarely saw people leave unless they dropped at the start of games which I assume was connection related. It proved to me that fair balance created less quitting.
Aureilia wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Quote:
BAN HAMMER
That gave me a good laugh. I'm gonna talk ranked here although I never play it anymore because I know what my job is like and could be called anytime... But seriously

Not sure why you would comment on ranked if you haven't played it in awhile - don't you think it's possible that the current state of things doesn't match your old experiences?
Quote:
Aureilia wrote:
Improve the experience for all players??? That was a joke right? I was supposed to laugh because I did. If they really cared about that they would create a matchmaking system that matches players by some sort of skill rather than the random wild west they have now. I wasn't ware having matches that end 50-20 was improving experiences for all players, it improves it for 4 out of 8 players in that match, that same 4 who probably roll in parties steamrolling everyone because there's also no real protection against parties which also negates giving everyone a good experience.

I'm fairly certain there is party matching in ranked playlists now, or at least partial party matching. So again, if you haven't played ranked in awhile - you should do so before commenting on how it works.
Quote:
If players are on such a losing end in ranked. Should they leave? Not really... They selected ranked it's sporting to stay but that match is dead. it's a waste of time. I understand why people would leave. The ban is shorter than the humiliation. If players are getting one sided affairs which is always the case I've experienced in ranked then I can't blame them for leaving, it's not really something I'd want to do I'd just camp it out like crazy to inflict the same boring match they were giving me. But if I'm thinking like that rather than leaving that kind of says enough about how these one sided affairs create a poor experience for at least 4 and those who stay are hell bent on trying to find a way to create a negative experience for the other 4.

With matchmaking how it currently works I do not believe the ban system is right. When matchmaking matches people fairly and gives everyone a chance to climb the ladder then bans work because your getting beaten or winning at your proper skill level vs similarly skilled players, then they'll probably just leave right at the end of matches or something... but whatever. having a chance to win entices people to stay.

Imagine being that poor person who's got 0 kills, has 19 deaths, leaves because it's just way too much and then gets a ban. LOL. SERIOUSLY. that person should have NEVER been in that match in a million years, that's all on 343.
I'm not sure what ranked playlist world you're talking about, but I don't see matches ending like that.
I'm pretty sure there are some tight restrictions on the matching for ranked, and the only thing that is really gonna mess with it is Smurfs.
Even in social there is a behind the scenes mmr or csr.

That all said, of course it's still possible for blowouts to happen. No system is perfect, and individuals may play better or worse any given match (intentional or not).

Also, that part of the blog was talking about excessive bad behavior that results in bans - not quitting once in awhile.
The quits are generally handled by the automated system. That section of the blog was meant to handle manual bans - hence the 'improve the experience for all players' comment. They're targeting egregious behavior there, not simple quitting (which is again handled automatically, with less harsh penalties). Remember the two systems, manual and automatic.
AshamanND wrote:
Aureilia wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Quote:
BAN HAMMER

Not sure why you would comment on ranked if you haven't played it in awhile - don't you think it's possible that the current state of things doesn't match your old experiences?
Quote:
Aureilia wrote:

I'm fairly certain there is party matching in ranked playlists now, or at least partial party matching. So again, if you haven't played ranked in awhile - you should do so before commenting on how it works.
Quote:

Imagine being that poor person who's got 0 kills, has 19 deaths, leaves because it's just way too much and then gets a ban. LOL. SERIOUSLY. that person should have NEVER been in that match in a million years, that's all on 343.
I'm not sure what ranked playlist world you're talking about, but I don't see matches ending like that.
I'm pretty sure there are some tight restrictions on the matching for ranked, and the only thing that is really gonna mess with it is Smurfs.
Even in social there is a behind the scenes mmr or csr.

That all said, of course it's still possible for blowouts to happen. No system is perfect, and individuals may play better or worse any given match (intentional or not).

Also, that part of the blog was talking about excessive bad behavior that results in bans - not quitting once in awhile.
The quits are generally handled by the automated system. That section of the blog was meant to handle manual bans - hence the 'improve the experience for all players' comment. They're targeting egregious behavior there, not simple quitting (which is again handled automatically, with less harsh penalties). Remember the two systems, manual and automatic.
Just because I don't play ranked anymore, doesn't mean I don't have contact to those who do. Those matches are a common occurance for some of my friends. Then again they are stuck around level 1-10 and have been since launch... so maybe it's those smurfs you talk of, but they sure must have the worst luck ever to be seeing smurfs since launch week all the way to now.

Trust me. social is a mess. In a positive way for me I guess because I'm quite often doing very well but that isn't really balance. that's the game giving me really easy opponents for no reason except what seems like for a laugh or something. It's sure not positive for some of those poor souls i'm stomping, but hey maybe it's rewarding me for doing so badly for the last few years and maybe this MMR thing is new so apparently I'm trash so it's trying to fix where I should be or something. If that's the case surely everyone should have started from the same point. Did get one game where I had absolutely no hope but whatever It shouldn't have ever been a match and neither should have almost all the matches I've done well in honestly. It's unbalanced carnage.

Okay as for the bans. I'm still a 'player' so I think talking about automatic bans not improving anything until matchmaking is working in a fair manner is still a reasonable statement to make.
Aureilia wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Aureilia wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Quote:
BAN HAMMER
[snip]
Just because I don't play ranked anymore, doesn't mean I don't have contact to those who do. Those matches are a common occurance for some of my friends. Then again they are stuck around level 1-10 and have been since launch... so maybe it's those smurfs you talk of, but they sure must have the worst luck ever to be seeing smurfs since launch week all the way to now.

Ok, this post makes much more sense to me.

Ranks 1-10 you are always going to find people who a smurfing. It's really not uncommon. Once you get to a high rank, it's really tough to even FIND a match in some playlists. Many of the really good players, when they want to play ranked, will smurf - because they can't get a game otherwise.
Also, there are lots of 'good' players that come into MCC for their 'first' time (or coming back after a long time) and they'll be in a low rank. The issue here is that it takes a long time to rank up.

If your friends are stuck in the 1-10 ranks, they're probably seeing a lot of the good players that are on new accounts, either smurfing, or trying to level up themselves. This has always been the case, right from launch.

Quote:
Trust me. social is a mess. In a positive way for me I guess because I'm quite often doing very well but that isn't really balance. that's the game giving me really easy opponents for no reason except what seems like for a laugh or something. It's sure not positive for some of those poor souls i'm stomping, but hey maybe it's rewarding me for doing so badly for the last few years and maybe this MMR thing is new so apparently I'm trash so it's trying to fix where I should be or something. If that's the case surely everyone should have started from the same point. Did get one game where I had absolutely no hope but whatever It shouldn't have ever been a match and neither should have almost all the matches I've done well in honestly. It's unbalanced carnage.
You're right, social is an entirely different story - and I didn't think your first post was supposed to be really about social, but I might be mistaken.
In social, there are SO many parameters that need to be checked for a match to occur. Because of the match composer, more emphasis is given to finding a match quickly, with the same checkboxes ticked as you. This can lead to some more lopsided matches than you would have seen in ranked. Which is actually how it should be. Social should be more random. I don't think there really is a 'perfect' system for social though, make the SBMM too tight and people will never find matches.

Quote:
Okay as for the bans. I'm still a 'player' so I think talking about automatic bans not improving anything until matchmaking is working in a fair manner is still a reasonable statement to make.
Totally, I agree this is something that can/should be talked about! I just was pointing out before that the blog I mentioned was referring only to the manual bans for serious offenses with the aim to improve the experience for all players - not just about quitters. To me it seemed like you were attacking the manual bans, by arguing that the matchmaking isn't fair. That didn't make sense, but I think you're more talking about the auto quit bans now.
I've never noticed one Halo being worse than another, in regards to skill matching in ranked. Unless you count Halo 2, with modders, and standbying, with the methods one had to partake in to get around that. Anyway, they've always been either a close game, you stomp the other team, or get stomped. What I mean is, I never seen on H3 truly skill based matches constantly. On H5 I never stomped teams constantly, or got stomped constantly. They all feel the same to me, but that's just my opinion I suppose.
Aureilia wrote:
Okay this isn't because I'm banned, although I have been banned for leaving social games which is absolutely obsurd. I play social because it's supposed to be stress free, I'm hurting no one because it's not ranked. I mean if you are playing social as if it's ranked surely you are playing it wrong right? and then we get a match like this.

I got into a match 3 from the other team left...

You know what happened? He was all alone so obviously he camped like any sane person would. Do you know how BORING that is for everyone who is 4 on our team? I bet none of us wanted to stay, I sure didn't want to but I'm forced to. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I wont play ranked if I know I might be called to do something. but to do it to everyone, even those who carefully ignore upsetting ranked players is a true slap in the face. These bans are boarderline cruel.

Not to mention the above where one guy was alone, who seriously wants to play in a map void of players? and no, the whole you can leave if others do is not good enough, people have lives, I have a life, i choose to not impact those who are playing competively so stop punishing me and others who are curtious enough to do that. If people leave ranked slap them with week bans, that's understandable it's a competitive mode and although your matchmaking is poorly balanced, well doesn't consider any skill balance at all and probably creates more quits than anything else, still no one should be leaving a ranked game. I get that.

Social is supposed to be carefree fun, quit taking that away.

The direction you are taking with this it wont be long before we're all typing F to pay respects to this game.
I way disagree...just because rank isn't involved doesn't mean you don't ruin the game for others when you quit. The ban hammer is very lenient. Players who get banned have definitely earned them. Also the population of MCC just can't support having same skill set matchmaking all the time. The game has to make games from the few players in the pools of games. Players today are a bit to fickle and need to realize that online gaming will never be a perfect science. Gotta take the good games with the bad... And just play the games. Finishing games and even games not going your way isn't to much to ask of the players.
Sorry if this isn't exactly related to the thread, but, why do people suicide in firefight matches after gaining max XP? I don't understand how that works, does it somehow give them more xp?
Sorry if this isn't exactly related to the thread, but, why do people suicide in firefight matches after gaining max XP? I don't understand how that works, does it somehow give them more xp?
This form of griefing/manipulation is designed to end the match early. Since they're only trying to max out XP in a match, once those maxima are reached, they want to move on to a new game to do it again ASAP. But since quitting matches leads to a ban, they instead try to force the match to end by losing so they don't have to play the match through completely.
First of all, it's against the rules - so I'm not condoning it.

It has to be something to do with making the match end faster. If they already have max XP, they figure why bother keep playing.
They're abusing the XP system to grind.

[Edit]Chimera replied above while I was typing...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 83
  4. 84
  5. 85
  6. 86
  7. 87
  8. ...
  9. 97