Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 84
  4. 85
  5. 86
  6. 87
  7. 88
  8. ...
  9. 100
Chimera30 wrote:
Sorry if this isn't exactly related to the thread, but, why do people suicide in firefight matches after gaining max XP? I don't understand how that works, does it somehow give them more xp?
This form of griefing/manipulation is designed to end the match early. Since they're only trying to max out XP in a match, once those maxima are reached, they want to move on to a new game to do it again ASAP. But since quitting matches leads to a ban, they instead try to force the match to end by losing so they don't have to play the match through completely.
Oh, that actually makes a lot more sense when I think about it. Thanks!
Chimera30 wrote:
Sorry if this isn't exactly related to the thread, but, why do people suicide in firefight matches after gaining max XP? I don't understand how that works, does it somehow give them more xp?
This form of griefing/manipulation is designed to end the match early. Since they're only trying to max out XP in a match, once those maxima are reached, they want to move on to a new game to do it again ASAP. But since quitting matches leads to a ban, they instead try to force the match to end by losing so they don't have to play the match through completely.
Oh, that actually makes a lot more sense when I think about it. Thanks!
Stick to firefight arcade, lots of medals and quick games, for good xp and not many "griefers"
Playing Halo MCC PC edition social games and after completing a match, tu swat, was given a ban. I didn’t quit the match and haven’t ever left one in the over 78 hours I’ve played. It happened when I was connecting to a new match. The match didn’t load and I was banned. I hope this doesn’t happen again. I’m thank you for your help.
I got banned on MCC PC while playing invasion on Reach for 10 minutes after quitting ZERO games. When the game ends it goes to a long black screen and then I get banned despite not quitting becuase you can't quit since the game is over what the hell? Also why do you get kicked for being idle in the lobby while you're waiting for the game to find players? Absolutely ridiculous. Also it happened while loading into a match like the guy above.

EDIT: So if you are having the black screen issues like I was you can fix it by verifying game files if you are on Steam. It found the problem. Idle kicking is still dumb and and issue though.
Ragnarosas wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Ragnarosas wrote:
I got banned for leaving a match at 02/10/2020 till 12:12AM and i am still temporarily banned to this day, what can i do?
Quit bans do not last that long. If you have a ban lasting 2+ weeks then you were banned for some other reason. The support site details some of the reasons behind long bans.
But it says that the ban should've been lifted at 02/10/2020?
Your ban was until 3/1.

There are no active bans on your account currently.

...I can fix that if you'd like?
Please do cause i cant get into a game :D
Ragnarosas wrote:
Ragnarosas wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Ragnarosas wrote:
I got banned for leaving a match at 02/10/2020 till 12:12AM and i am still temporarily banned to this day, what can i do?
Quit bans do not last that long. If you have a ban lasting 2+ weeks then you were banned for some other reason. The support site details some of the reasons behind long bans.
But it says that the ban should've been lifted at 02/10/2020?
Your ban was until 3/1.

There are no active bans on your account currently.

...I can fix that if you'd like?
Please do cause i cant get into a game :D
You might want to be more specific - because snicker was saying you have no bans on your account, and was cheekily offering to put one on.

If you can offer some more details about what is currently happening when you are trying to use matchmaking, you might get some help.
Kept getting the fatal error when trying to join matchmaking games, now I've got a ban. Is there anything I can do?
Hey guys,while I was playing a normal multiplayer match on Halo MCC (combat evolved to be specific), I got randomly disconnected.
I thought that my Internet is bad and tried to connect to another match and discovered that got banned.
After some thinking I remembered that at one point in the match I saw a guy with invisibility crouching really close to me, soooooooo I shot the dude.
Is it possible for that he thought that I was cheating and reported me?
G'day from Australia!

I bought the Halo: Master Chief Collection on PC through Steam and am loving it, but for some reason every time I try to play Halo CE Multiplayer, i get banned!

I am able to matchmake and play for, oh, about thirty seconds before the game appears to freeze and I am kicked out, yet as far as I know I have not committed any bannable offence. I doi't use cheating software and I rarely use text or voice chat, let alone abuse it.

I was able to play Halo: Reach Multiplayer with no issues before Halo CE was released (I haven't had the chance to test it since the update).

My Steam username is "GiZmOtmk (GNU Terry Pratchett)" but I think my actual Steam ID is just "GiZmOtmk". My profile can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GiZmOtmk

Is there any way i can fix this?

UPDATE: OK, weirdest thing just happened. I have just confirmed I can still play Halo: Reach with no issues, but for a moment, the game froze up in the exact way Halo:CE would appear to before I got banned. So i guess my -Yoink- computer freezing up is triggering Halo:CE's anticheat yet does not trigger Halo:Reach's anticheat? I currently use NVIDIA's Studio Drivers ('cos I do a lot of video editing), so I'll try switching to the more recent Game Ready driver and see if that helps.

UPDATE 2: Nope, Still suffering the same issue after a graphics update. Switching from Fullscreen to Borderless and setting the FPS Limit to "Unlimited" both have no effect.
I got hit with bad frame rates and rubber bands for like a minute of a match and accidently fragged some teammates because of how H3 does its physics solution and boom I'm banned. It seems like poor performance gets me in trouble and banned when I attempt to play the MCC and its the only online game I play where I get these performance issues in the first place. Its real disheartening when all I wanna do is enjoy my fav games. And to put it in perspective I never rage quit. The other day I was in a match and lost my team in the opening 60seconds and I still took on a full team in reach Team slayer and the match ran the full clock. Was it fun? Not for the most part but I never quit a match.
So I've been playing multiplayer for the past couple of days and every now and then my controller's disconnected and I've been reconnecting it by turning the controller off and back on, which has been taking 15-20 seconds to do. While annoying, this has been fine until today.

My controller's disconnected a couple of times tonight and during two of those 20 second idle times, I was kicked from the game and given 5 minute bans each time. I know idling can get you kicked/banned, but having that happen to you just cause you've been idle for 20 seconds is a bit ridiculous.

I've had a look at some trouble shooting and these are a few things I found:
1. Move controller closer to console
2. Replace/recharge batteries
3. Power cycle console
4. Reconnect controller
5. Update firmware
6. Try another controller

My responses to each solution:
1. I sit/lie only 1.5m away from my console
2. I replaced the batteries yesterday as the old ones were running low and the icon on the home screen now shows up as full
3. Tried this, controller still disconnected
4. Tried this, controller still disconnected
5. Will get to this below
6.Tried this, second controller also disconnected

So going from that, troubleshooting tips 1-4 and 6 didn't help me, which just left tip 5. I connected my controllers and found my Xbox One wireless controller (the one that came with the Xbox) was running firmware version 2.3.xxx and my Xbox wireless controller (the spare I bought) was running version 2.xxx or 3.xxx (I updated before I thought to make note of it). So I went to update the firmware. The spare controller updated to version 4.8.xxx, but the original controller came up with 'No updates needed/available'.

Will this have solved the issue (at least for the spare) and is there anything else I can do to hopefully make sure this doesn't happen again?
So I've been playing multiplayer for the past couple of days and every now and then my controller's disconnected and I've been reconnecting it by turning the controller off and back on, which has been taking 15-20 seconds to do. While annoying, this has been fine until today.

My controller's disconnected a couple of times tonight and during two of those 20 second idle times, I was kicked from the game and given 5 minute bans each time. I know idling can get you kicked/banned, but having that happen to you just cause you've been idle for 20 seconds is a bit ridiculous.

I've had a look at some trouble shooting and these are a few things I found:
1. Move controller closer to console
2. Replace/recharge batteries
3. Power cycle console
4. Reconnect controller
5. Update firmware
6. Try another controller

My responses to each solution:
1. I sit/lie only 1.5m away from my console
2. I replaced the batteries yesterday as the old ones were running low and the icon on the home screen now shows up as full
3. Tried this, controller still disconnected
4. Tried this, controller still disconnected
5. Will get to this below
6.Tried this, second controller also disconnected

So going from that, troubleshooting tips 1-4 and 6 didn't help me, which just left tip 5. I connected my controllers and found my Xbox One wireless controller (the one that came with the Xbox) was running firmware version 2.3.xxx and my Xbox wireless controller (the spare I bought) was running version 2.xxx or 3.xxx (I updated before I thought to make note of it). So I went to update the firmware. The spare controller updated to version 4.8.xxx, but the original controller came up with 'No updates needed/available'.

Will this have solved the issue (at least for the spare) and is there anything else I can do to hopefully make sure this doesn't happen again?
Sounds like you've probably made a good step to fixing your controller disconnecting issue.
Those firmware versions seem really out of date.

If it doesn't resolve it, you can always try playing wired.

I had my Day 1 console stop working wireless completely, for any controller.
Bought and X1X and all those same controllers work on it perfectly.
So it could be your console and not your controller.
This is One Of The reasons why MCC is DEAD....
Banning in a low population game.

Also, You match FULL TEAMS of try-hards and all you do is want to quit the game.
This is One Of The reasons why MCC is DEAD....
Banning in a low population game.

Also, You match FULL TEAMS of try-hards and all you do is want to quit the game.
You have a w/l ratio of 2.09, which is above average. You can't be matching with Tryhards alot, and if you do, as much as it may be aggrevating, you shouldn't quit. That's why the quit bans exist, if you quit, you leave your teammates even more vulnerable.
Just got banned for no -Yoinking!- reason,WTF???I play Grifball today then 1 match started loading with only my team shown,and it loads slower than usual.I quit MCC,start it up again and i got banned.EDIT:Ok i can play again now,but still.
Just got banned for no -Yoinking!- reason,WTF???I play Grifball today then 1 match started loading with only my team shown,and it loads slower than usual.I quit MCC,start it up again and i got banned.EDIT:Ok i can play again now,but still.
You were most likely banned for quitting. If the match has started and you quit it counts.
You were most likely banned for quitting. If the match has started and you quit it counts.
Yeah i quit before the loading was done,cause that's the first time i saw something like this.
Yeah i quit before the loading was done,cause that's the first time i saw something like this.
Still counts as quitting - you let the match start with one less player on a team. That's what the quit ban is supposed to address, when people quit and teams become unbalanced.
I got banned for 5 minutes for no reason? Kicked in the middle of the game????

This should NOT happen and it is extremely frustrating that something like that even can happen.

Please do something to fix this extreme flaw in your system!
Modod wrote:
I got hit with bad frame rates and rubber bands for like a minute of a match and accidently fragged some teammates because of how H3 does its physics solution and boom I'm banned. It seems like poor performance gets me in trouble and banned when I attempt to play the MCC and its the only online game I play where I get these performance issues in the first place. Its real disheartening when all I wanna do is enjoy my fav games. And to put it in perspective I never rage quit. The other day I was in a match and lost my team in the opening 60seconds and I still took on a full team in reach Team slayer and the match ran the full clock. Was it fun? Not for the most part but I never quit a match.
Crap like this happens all of the time, they need to fix their banning system, I was sniping down a hallway and had a teammate walk in front me as I was shooting and got kicked in the middle of a game because I killed him with the shot (1 time).

They seriously need to address this, the fact that you can get banned for simply playing the game is ridiculous and SHOULD NOT be possible, period.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 84
  4. 85
  5. 86
  6. 87
  7. 88
  8. ...
  9. 100