Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 85
  4. 86
  5. 87
  6. 88
  7. 89
  8. ...
  9. 100
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not re-edit posts previously edited by a moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
People are falsely banned, including myself, for simply lagging during matches, we suddenly lag out and get punished for it, kinda absurd if you ask me. Maybe it appears like we are quitting the matches but this is unfair. You will say "if your internet is bad, then don't enter matchmaking" yeah but what if it just gets terrible all of a sudden? This issue has to be addressed and fixed.
People are falsely banned, including myself, for simply lagging during matches, we suddenly lag out and get punished for it, kinda absurd if you ask me. Maybe it appears like we are quitting the matches but this is unfair. You will say "if your internet is bad, then don't enter matchmaking" yeah but what if it just gets terrible all of a sudden? This issue has to be addressed and fixed.
You aren't being falsely banned. The system is working as intended. The issue is that there is no way to determine a genuine internet fail, and someone turning off their router.
The reason for a lag out can't really be determined.

So the issue in my mind is to be a tiny bit more lenient - off 1 free lagout per day. Then at least when you get that genuine bad lagout, you don't get punished.
But if it keeps happening, then lagging out all the time actually does impact others negatively.

Just give us 1 freebie, as most people won't experience more than 1 lagout per day.
Got a 5 minute ban on my end in social. Accidentally killed my two teammates by turning around and was getting shot at by the teammate who killed me previously for rockets. (was a -Yoink- move but let it slide that time) Thought it was the enemy dropping down since i saw a ton of blips on my radar and didn't expect my teammate who wanted rockets to be so close nor the second to spawn right there.

Really hope you guys fix this because regardless of how crap people may be for quitting or being -Yoinks!- by team killing, accidentals happen and it really can piss people off when the system acts this way.

Love, a Spartan since 2005
Got hit with a random one minute ban tonight after a completed game, then while I was waiting, it got bumped up to 5 minutes. What gives?
Crew 511A wrote:
Got hit with a random one minute ban tonight after a completed game, then while I was waiting, it got bumped up to 5 minutes. What gives?
1 min and 5 min bans are in the ladder for ban durations for quitting/leaving matches. So if you quit or got disconnected at some point, you’d get a 1 min ban the first time, then a 5 min ban the third time.
Chimera30 wrote:
Crew 511A wrote:
1 min and 5 min bans are in the ladder for ban durations for quitting/leaving matches. So if you quit or got disconnected at some point, you’d get a 1 min ban the first time, then a 5 min ban the third time.
I understand that, but I didn't quit the match.
I got temporarily banned from multiplayer for no reason. My last two matches they would start, then my screen would go black then take me to the post carnage report. I then try to go back into multiplayer and it said i was banned. Is there a way to fix this? I shouldn't be banned for something the game itself did.
I got temporarily banned from multiplayer for no reason. My last two matches they would start, then my screen would go black then take me to the post carnage report. I then try to go back into multiplayer and it said i was banned. Is there a way to fix this? I shouldn't be banned for something the game itself did.
How long are you banned for? If it's a ban from 2 connection losses, or quits, it should only be 1-5 mins long.
I played a game and my screen just froze and kicked me out because I lost connection to the server, then it banned me and I don't know what the reason is for and no i wasn't acting toxic or anything I was just playing the game regularly.
i get ddos'd pretty often when i play mcc, how many times can that happen to me before im crucified by your automated system? should i even bother playing right now?
That's absolutely nonsense. First why would you get ddos attacked when playing halo? Is there a botnet with your IP address that just knows when you play?

Call your isp and ask them to change your IP address lol. Of course unless you pay extra for a static IP then they already change it every couple weeks.

What you are saying is just... laughable. Have you ever thought that maybe the problem is your isp, connection speed, router or router settings?
d0x360 wrote:
That's absolutely nonsense. First why would you get ddos attacked when playing halo? Is there a botnet with your IP address that just knows when you play?

What you are saying is just... laughable. Have you ever thought that maybe the problem is your isp, connection speed, router or router settings?
Just a couple things. First, the post you're replying to is almost two years old which was before they implemented the relay option which prevents people from seeing your IP. Secondly, you sound very uninformed. People absolutely have gotten ddos'd playing Halo and it still happens today if they don't have the relay option enabled. It happened to streamers, pro players, in high ranked games, they got paid to do it or the person had a grudge against someone.
I live with a lot of people and sometimes I just get poor quality internet and there is nothing I can do to fix. I keep getting booted from matches and banned. I never drop out of matches. Bv its always the connection and it gets me irratated. Sometimes I just stop playing halo for a couple of days. Someone please fix this issue.
Scope2801 wrote:
I live with a lot of people and sometimes I just get poor quality internet and there is nothing I can do to fix. I keep getting booted from matches and banned. I never drop out of matches. Bv its always the connection and it gets me irratated. Sometimes I just stop playing halo for a couple of days. Someone please fix this issue.
I'm sorry to tell you that there is nothing really to fix on 343's end at this time.
The system treats quits and disconnects in the same way. The reason is that people can manually disconnect their modem, or the might drop from a bad connection, and no one can tell the difference.

At this time, if your internet quality is poor, that's where there needs to be some sort of fix.
Are you on WIFI? if so, is it possible to run an ethernet cord to your X1?
Have you tried testing the connection, or talking to your ISP?

Again, the system is working as intended, if you're constantly dropping out of matches due to poor connection, your teammates are negatively affected.
AshamanND wrote:
Scope2801 wrote:
I'm sorry to tell you that there is nothing really to fix on 343's end at this time.
The system treats quits and disconnects in the same way. The reason is that people can manually disconnect their modem, or the might drop from a bad connection, and no one can tell the difference.

At this time, if your internet quality is poor, that's where there needs to be some sort of fix.

Again, the system is working as intended, if you're constantly dropping out of matches due to poor connection, your teammates are negatively affected.
I have high speed and the bandwidth gets ate up the more active devices there are at a given time. Like if i have My Xbox Mixer stream going, watching that mixer stream on my computer, having the master bedroom stream satellite tv while also being on an ipad, and another room play multiplayer games while watching youtube videos. If i try to update an xbox game, the speed with all the above active goes to about 1000 kb/s. But when stuff's not in use, it can go to 20 mb/s. Maybe 40.
AshamanND wrote:
Scope2801 wrote:

I have high speed and the bandwidth gets ate up the more active devices there are at a given time. Like if i have My Xbox Mixer stream going, watching that mixer stream on my computer, having the master bedroom stream satellite tv while also being on an ipad, and another room play multiplayer games while watching youtube videos. If i try to update an xbox game, the speed with all the above active goes to about 1000 kb/s. But when stuff's not in use, it can go to 20 mb/s. Maybe 40.
I think you just answered your own question.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Scope2801 wrote:

I never asked a question XD. I'm SleepyGoose not Scope2801.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Scope2801 wrote:

I never asked a question XD. I'm SleepyGoose not Scope2801.
My bad! :P
I've only been banned once and now this is the second i've only left 4 games of MCC then got banned for an hour and I've never left a game since cuz I learned my lesson then I randomly got banned for no reason I was playing with in the terms of service
I'm not mad 343 I'm just disappointed
Please fix this mistake

Thank you
Love pants
I got banned to after winning a game, the funny thing is I was banned for only 30 seconds why?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 85
  4. 86
  5. 87
  6. 88
  7. 89
  8. ...
  9. 100