Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 85
  4. 86
  5. ...
  6. 87
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not re-edit posts previously edited by a moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
People are falsely banned, including myself, for simply lagging during matches, we suddenly lag out and get punished for it, kinda absurd if you ask me. Maybe it appears like we are quitting the matches but this is unfair. You will say "if your internet is bad, then don't enter matchmaking" yeah but what if it just gets terrible all of a sudden? This issue has to be addressed and fixed.
Cabchu wrote:
People are falsely banned, including myself, for simply lagging during matches, we suddenly lag out and get punished for it, kinda absurd if you ask me. Maybe it appears like we are quitting the matches but this is unfair. You will say "if your internet is bad, then don't enter matchmaking" yeah but what if it just gets terrible all of a sudden? This issue has to be addressed and fixed.
You aren't being falsely banned. The system is working as intended. The issue is that there is no way to determine a genuine internet fail, and someone turning off their router.
The reason for a lag out can't really be determined.

So the issue in my mind is to be a tiny bit more lenient - off 1 free lagout per day. Then at least when you get that genuine bad lagout, you don't get punished.
But if it keeps happening, then lagging out all the time actually does impact others negatively.

Just give us 1 freebie, as most people won't experience more than 1 lagout per day.
Got a 5 minute ban on my end in social. Accidentally killed my two teammates by turning around and was getting shot at by the teammate who killed me previously for rockets. (was a -Yoink- move but let it slide that time) Thought it was the enemy dropping down since i saw a ton of blips on my radar and didn't expect my teammate who wanted rockets to be so close nor the second to spawn right there.

Really hope you guys fix this because regardless of how crap people may be for quitting or being -Yoinks!- by team killing, accidentals happen and it really can piss people off when the system acts this way.

Love, a Spartan since 2005
Got hit with a random one minute ban tonight after a completed game, then while I was waiting, it got bumped up to 5 minutes. What gives?
Crew 511A wrote:
Got hit with a random one minute ban tonight after a completed game, then while I was waiting, it got bumped up to 5 minutes. What gives?
1 min and 5 min bans are in the ladder for ban durations for quitting/leaving matches. So if you quit or got disconnected at some point, you’d get a 1 min ban the first time, then a 5 min ban the third time.
Chimera30 wrote:
Crew 511A wrote:
1 min and 5 min bans are in the ladder for ban durations for quitting/leaving matches. So if you quit or got disconnected at some point, you’d get a 1 min ban the first time, then a 5 min ban the third time.
I understand that, but I didn't quit the match.
I got temporarily banned from multiplayer for no reason. My last two matches they would start, then my screen would go black then take me to the post carnage report. I then try to go back into multiplayer and it said i was banned. Is there a way to fix this? I shouldn't be banned for something the game itself did.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 85
  4. 86
  5. ...
  6. 87