Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 86
  4. 87
  5. ...
  6. 88
My internet connection gets interrupted and then got ban for no reason. Thanks 343, very cool.
GUDAKO7432 wrote:
My internet connection gets interrupted and then got ban for no reason. Thanks 343, very cool.
Unfortunately it has to be treated this way. If it was left unchecked then people would be able to switch off their WiFi or unplug heir ethernet cable if they were losing and avoid penalty. There is no way for the system to know if you were dropped or if your did it intentionally, it just sees you as no longer being in the game and has to act accordingly.
Is getting banned for being bad a thing?

Was playing the new H2:A last night on the PC, on my very first game and unsurprisingly I got hammered on the keyboard I wasn't used to. Got like 3 kills and 13 deaths on Team Slayer which cost our team the match. It picked the next game but then before it launched I got "you've been kicked from the game". And then it wouldn't let me search for another for a few minutes - five or ten minutes at most. After that I had no problems for the whole evening - so I really don't know what to blame?

I used the time to make some tea so I'm not angry or anything like that. Its just if there's a sportmanship algorithm that, as an unintended consequence, boots players for bad performance, or an ability of players to get teammates kicked by reporting, I dont think it should be applying to social playlists.
what is the 343's stance on the exploit where by looking at the ground and shooting, it will randomly register a hit on other players anywhere on the map? the exploit seems most common in Halo 2 classic MCC
what is the 343's stance on the exploit where by looking at the ground and shooting, it will randomly register a hit on other players anywhere on the map? the exploit seems most common in Halo 2 classic MCC
It's a known issue that they have a fix for, should hopefully be getting released pretty soon
Today twice in a row tried to join Big Team Battle and while it's loading both times I get the same "Your Connection was Interrupted" and Instant ban. Yes it's a short ban but -Yoink- is it annoying. And don't give me the "it has to be treated that way" BS because players going out of their way to unplug their WiFi during a game was NEVER a problem and never has. MCC needs to go around quitters a different way. Because the current system allows too many people to be hit in the crossfire and it's overall detrimental to the playerbase. Many of my friends no longer play because the ban system is so unnecessarily heavy handed. Which just plain sucks. Losing connection shouldnt be banable like its always been. At least to this extent.
Out of all the bans everybody seems to be getting, where's the implementation to actually report people cheating? Because if I'm gonna get banned for quitting a game, I should at least be able to report suspicious gameplay.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Fustion wrote:
Out of all the bans everybody seems to be getting, where's the implementation to actually report people cheating? Because if I'm gonna get banned for quitting a game, I should at least be able to report suspicious gameplay.
People can be reported via their xbox live profile, the game bar, or the support site.
Fustion wrote:
People can be reported via their xbox live profile, the game bar, or the support site.
Can you PLEASE cite the support site? Because I can't find a feature to report someone, with the gamebar, playing the Steam version.
Fustion wrote:
Fustion wrote:
Can you PLEASE cite the support site? Because I can't find a feature to report someone, with the gamebar, playing the Steam version.
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037079712-How-to-Use-the-Halo-Support-Site
Fustion wrote:
Fustion wrote:
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037079712-How-to-Use-the-Halo-Support-Site
Honestly? Not only do I need capture footage of the game that I was playing; the forms a hassle and a half, considering there are pay-to-win cheating clients like wallhax (which I could hyperlink but I won't out of fear that nobody will see this post) - that people are seemingly using somewhat frequently?

The report process should be to the point, quick, and easy - mean while you've made EVERYTHING on the list required, and a lot of the information that you do need, isn't exactly laid out infront of you (i.e. build number? wtd) even though a lot of it shouldn't really matter.

We're trying to help you by flagging cheaters & trolls out; and you're making things as complicated as it could possibly be. A proper report system needs to be implemented, and dev's definitely need to take a look at the way the game detects cheaters & third party software now that MCC has come to PC.
bruh why are there bans for social games it's casual like who cares competitive yea that makes sense to get a banned like if i need to leave i need to leave, why i should be punish for playing this game casually big dumbo hours
bruh why are there bans for social games it's casual like who cares competitive yea that makes sense to get a banned like if i need to leave i need to leave, why i should be punish for playing this game casually big dumbo hours
1) Quitters diminish the experience for other players, they want to keep people playing and happy.
2) We agree to their terms of conduct / use when we play online
so i got banned for committing suicide. so i wont fall off ledges again
bruh, just don't quit.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 86
  4. 87
  5. ...
  6. 88