Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 88
  4. 89
  5. ...
  6. 90
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Well its been months so i came back and what do you know I am still getting banned from quitting 1 game even if its just my first time back. Seriously 343 fix your match making!
It sounds like it's working as intended. You SHOULD get banned for quitting 1 game. There's nothing 343 can do to fix your sense of sportsmanship.
I quit the freaking game because my teammates werent even playing!. They were all afking the whole game. So whats the point in playing if no one is helping me period!? God I hate people like you who support a broken system.
It sounds like it would make more sense to be in favor of stricter AFK penalties than to be in favor of lesser quit penalties.
you know what? I am done........I am done with this stupid game! I am tired of the ban system being changed every time and I am tired playing with morons all the freaking time!. This game has pissed me off so many times that I don't understand why I keep giving it many chances.
The only changes to the ban system since its implementation have been to make it more lenient. Yes, you still get a ban for your first quit, unless half of your team has already quit. You never get banned in that situation. Also, the length of time you get banned has been reduced from what it was when the quit bans first rolled out.
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Well its been months so i came back and what do you know I am still getting banned from quitting 1 game even if its just my first time back. Seriously 343 fix your match making!
It sounds like it's working as intended. You SHOULD get banned for quitting 1 game. There's nothing 343 can do to fix your sense of sportsmanship.
I quit the freaking game because my teammates werent even playing!. They were all afking the whole game. So whats the point in playing if no one is helping me period!? God I hate people like you who support a broken system.
It sounds like it would make more sense to be in favor of stricter AFK penalties than to be in favor of lesser quit penalties.
you know what? I am done........I am done with this stupid game! I am tired of the ban system being changed every time and I am tired playing with morons all the freaking time!. This game has pissed me off so many times that I don't understand why I keep giving it many chances.
The only changes to the ban system since its implementation have been to make it more lenient. Yes, you still get a ban for your first quit, unless half of your team has already quit. You never get banned in that situation. Also, the length of time you get banned has been reduced from what it was when the quit bans first rolled out.
What I dont understand is why the hell they would change it to being 1 quit you get banned instead of too many quits its a ban. that type of bans from quitting was in mcc since day one and now its 1 quit its a ban. its so stupid.
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Well its been months so i came back and what do you know I am still getting banned from quitting 1 game even if its just my first time back. Seriously 343 fix your match making!
It sounds like it's working as intended. You SHOULD get banned for quitting 1 game. There's nothing 343 can do to fix your sense of sportsmanship.
I quit the freaking game because my teammates werent even playing!. They were all afking the whole game. So whats the point in playing if no one is helping me period!? God I hate people like you who support a broken system.
It sounds like it would make more sense to be in favor of stricter AFK penalties than to be in favor of lesser quit penalties.
you know what? I am done........I am done with this stupid game! I am tired of the ban system being changed every time and I am tired playing with morons all the freaking time!. This game has pissed me off so many times that I don't understand why I keep giving it many chances.
The only changes to the ban system since its implementation have been to make it more lenient. Yes, you still get a ban for your first quit, unless half of your team has already quit. You never get banned in that situation. Also, the length of time you get banned has been reduced from what it was when the quit bans first rolled out.
What I dont understand is why the hell they would change it to being 1 quit you get banned instead of too many quits its a ban. that type of bans from quitting was in mcc since day one and now its 1 quit its a ban. its so stupid.
MCC didn't have an automated quit ban system before the "1 quit = ban" system. Once automated quit bans were put in place, they were set up similar to what they are now, and it cut down on the quitting problem immensely.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hola a todos,soy nuevo aquí,así que no sé si lo que estoy haciendo está bien.
Tengo un problema y no sé a quien recurrir,desde hace unos días intento jugar el multijugador pero siempre me aparece un mensaje con el texto “conectándose con el servidor”.
No sé si sea mi internet,ya que juego otros juegos en línea y probé con dejarlo así durante horas y no paso nada.
Agradeceria si alguien pudiera ayudarme.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.Hola a todos,soy nuevo aquí,así que no sé si lo que estoy haciendo está bien.
Tengo un problema y no sé a quien recurrir,desde hace unos días intento jugar el multijugador pero siempre me aparece un mensaje con el texto “conectándose con el servidor”.
No sé si sea mi internet,ya que juego otros juegos en línea y probé con dejarlo así durante horas y no paso nada.
Agradeceria si alguien pudiera ayudarme.
Wrong thread to ask that.
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Well its been months so i came back and what do you know I am still getting banned from quitting 1 game even if its just my first time back. Seriously 343 fix your match making!
It sounds like it's working as intended. You SHOULD get banned for quitting 1 game. There's nothing 343 can do to fix your sense of sportsmanship.
I quit the freaking game because my teammates werent even playing!. They were all afking the whole game. So whats the point in playing if no one is helping me period!? God I hate people like you who support a broken system.
It sounds like it would make more sense to be in favor of stricter AFK penalties than to be in favor of lesser quit penalties.
you know what? I am done........I am done with this stupid game! I am tired of the ban system being changed every time and I am tired playing with morons all the freaking time!. This game has pissed me off so many times that I don't understand why I keep giving it many chances.
That's a bit of a harsh reaction to a system that you haven't fully understood why it is in place.

Prior to 1 quit = 1 ban system, quitting was very rampant.
This system was implemented to curb that, and it's generally worked.

However, I am in favor of giving us 1 free quit per day, because I don't think that's unreasonable for the majority of players.
Sometimes it's a crazy unfair match.
Sometimes you lag out.
Sometimes something comes up and you have to log off.

Being allowed to quit once a day without a ban would take these situations into account, without penalizing those people, and isn't exploitable - as you only get one.

Rather than simply saying "I'm done" it's better to understand what's going on, and try to propose something better.
Giving 1 freebie is my attempt at that.

(The afk thing has gotten worse partly because people want XP - which is reduced in frequency now due to the requirement to earn medals - and afk'ing is also a product of the 1 quit = 1 ban issue. Allowing 1 free quit per day would likely resolve a good portion of AFKers, IMO).
AshamanND wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Well its been months so i came back and what do you know I am still getting banned from quitting 1 game even if its just my first time back. Seriously 343 fix your match making!
It sounds like it's working as intended. You SHOULD get banned for quitting 1 game. There's nothing 343 can do to fix your sense of sportsmanship.
I quit the freaking game because my teammates werent even playing!. They were all afking the whole game. So whats the point in playing if no one is helping me period!? God I hate people like you who support a broken system.
It sounds like it would make more sense to be in favor of stricter AFK penalties than to be in favor of lesser quit penalties.
you know what? I am done........I am done with this stupid game! I am tired of the ban system being changed every time and I am tired playing with morons all the freaking time!. This game has pissed me off so many times that I don't understand why I keep giving it many chances.
That's a bit of a harsh reaction to a system that you haven't fully understood why it is in place.

Prior to 1 quit = 1 ban system, quitting was very rampant.
This system was implemented to curb that, and it's generally worked.

However, I am in favor of giving us 1 free quit per day, because I don't think that's unreasonable for the majority of players.
Sometimes it's a crazy unfair match.
Sometimes you lag out.
Sometimes something comes up and you have to log off.

Being allowed to quit once a day without a ban would take these situations into account, without penalizing those people, and isn't exploitable - as you only get one.

Rather than simply saying "I'm done" it's better to understand what's going on, and try to propose something better.
Giving 1 freebie is my attempt at that.

(The afk thing has gotten worse partly because people want XP - which is reduced in frequency now due to the requirement to earn medals - and afk'ing is also a product of the 1 quit = 1 ban issue. Allowing 1 free quit per day would likely resolve a good portion of AFKers, IMO).
Well many have proposed ideas and many have told 343 that the current system is booty cheeks. And nothing has changed. It's still really unfair and heavy handed. For Christ sake this thread is 90 pages long. The frustration level with the new ban system is at 100%. Treating everyone like a team quitting baby helps no one and is equivalent of the MCC threatening to jump off a building. It's gonna die so much faster if this system stays.

Personally, I believe 3 quits MAX should be free. If that's too much for some people, too bad. Grow a backbone and try to ease up on the game. 1-2 still seems harsh. Especially with the servers sometimes being very unstable, the ridiculously out of balance matchmaking, and the rampant afkers.
AshamanND wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Well its been months so i came back and what do you know I am still getting banned from quitting 1 game even if its just my first time back. Seriously 343 fix your match making!
It sounds like it's working as intended. You SHOULD get banned for quitting 1 game. There's nothing 343 can do to fix your sense of sportsmanship.
I quit the freaking game because my teammates werent even playing!. They were all afking the whole game. So whats the point in playing if no one is helping me period!? God I hate people like you who support a broken system.
It sounds like it would make more sense to be in favor of stricter AFK penalties than to be in favor of lesser quit penalties.
you know what? I am done........I am done with this stupid game! I am tired of the ban system being changed every time and I am tired playing with morons all the freaking time!. This game has pissed me off so many times that I don't understand why I keep giving it many chances.
That's a bit of a harsh reaction to a system that you haven't fully understood why it is in place.

Prior to 1 quit = 1 ban system, quitting was very rampant.
This system was implemented to curb that, and it's generally worked.

However, I am in favor of giving us 1 free quit per day, because I don't think that's unreasonable for the majority of players.
Sometimes it's a crazy unfair match.
Sometimes you lag out.
Sometimes something comes up and you have to log off.

Being allowed to quit once a day without a ban would take these situations into account, without penalizing those people, and isn't exploitable - as you only get one.

Rather than simply saying "I'm done" it's better to understand what's going on, and try to propose something better.
Giving 1 freebie is my attempt at that.

(The afk thing has gotten worse partly because people want XP - which is reduced in frequency now due to the requirement to earn medals - and afk'ing is also a product of the 1 quit = 1 ban issue. Allowing 1 free quit per day would likely resolve a good portion of AFKers, IMO).
Well many have proposed ideas and many have told 343 that the current system is booty cheeks. And nothing has changed. It's still really unfair and heavy handed. For Christ sake this thread is 90 pages long. The frustration level with the new ban system is at 100%. Treating everyone like a team quitting baby helps no one and is equivalent of the MCC threatening to jump off a building. It's gonna die so much faster if this system stays.

Personally, I believe 3 quits MAX should be free. If that's too much for some people, too bad. Grow a backbone and try to ease up on the game. 1-2 still seems harsh. Especially with the servers sometimes being very unstable, the ridiculously out of balance matchmaking, and the rampant afkers.
I suspect they look at the data and have been pretty happy with the results, which is why they haven't changed anything.
If they saw a lot of people stop playing after having the short ban for a single quit, they'd probably adjust things.

Unfortunately we don't get the total population data, so we can't know if the population is less or more or the same since they implemented the ban system.
I imagine it's more, or the same - because if it were less they'd have changed something.
Now, that's not to say it couldn't be better - because I certainly think it could.

Why jump straight to 3? Starts creeping into the area where people just quit too much. That essentially gives you 4 quits per day with barely any ban (5 mins ban on the 4th quit).

Start with 1 freebie, see how people react - I bet you this thread would go pretty quiet if we got 1 freebie.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Well its been months so i came back and what do you know I am still getting banned from quitting 1 game even if its just my first time back. Seriously 343 fix your match making!
It sounds like it's working as intended. You SHOULD get banned for quitting 1 game. There's nothing 343 can do to fix your sense of sportsmanship.
I quit the freaking game because my teammates werent even playing!. They were all afking the whole game. So whats the point in playing if no one is helping me period!? God I hate people like you who support a broken system.
It sounds like it would make more sense to be in favor of stricter AFK penalties than to be in favor of lesser quit penalties.
you know what? I am done........I am done with this stupid game! I am tired of the ban system being changed every time and I am tired playing with morons all the freaking time!. This game has pissed me off so many times that I don't understand why I keep giving it many chances.
That's a bit of a harsh reaction to a system that you haven't fully understood why it is in place.

Prior to 1 quit = 1 ban system, quitting was very rampant.
This system was implemented to curb that, and it's generally worked.

However, I am in favor of giving us 1 free quit per day, because I don't think that's unreasonable for the majority of players.
Sometimes it's a crazy unfair match.
Sometimes you lag out.
Sometimes something comes up and you have to log off.

Being allowed to quit once a day without a ban would take these situations into account, without penalizing those people, and isn't exploitable - as you only get one.

Rather than simply saying "I'm done" it's better to understand what's going on, and try to propose something better.
Giving 1 freebie is my attempt at that.

(The afk thing has gotten worse partly because people want XP - which is reduced in frequency now due to the requirement to earn medals - and afk'ing is also a product of the 1 quit = 1 ban issue. Allowing 1 free quit per day would likely resolve a good portion of AFKers, IMO).
Well many have proposed ideas and many have told 343 that the current system is booty cheeks. And nothing has changed. It's still really unfair and heavy handed. For Christ sake this thread is 90 pages long. The frustration level with the new ban system is at 100%. Treating everyone like a team quitting baby helps no one and is equivalent of the MCC threatening to jump off a building. It's gonna die so much faster if this system stays.

Personally, I believe 3 quits MAX should be free. If that's too much for some people, too bad. Grow a backbone and try to ease up on the game. 1-2 still seems harsh. Especially with the servers sometimes being very unstable, the ridiculously out of balance matchmaking, and the rampant afkers.
I suspect they look at the data and have been pretty happy with the results, which is why they haven't changed anything.
If they saw a lot of people stop playing after having the short ban for a single quit, they'd probably adjust things.

Unfortunately we don't get the total population data, so we can't know if the population is less or more or the same since they implemented the ban system.
I imagine it's more, or the same - because if it were less they'd have changed something.
Now, that's not to say it couldn't be better - because I certainly think it could.

Why jump straight to 3? Starts creeping into the area where people just quit too much. That essentially gives you 4 quits per day with barely any ban (5 mins ban on the 4th quit).

Start with 1 freebie, see how people react - I bet you this thread would go pretty quiet if we got 1 freebie.
Well we don't get population info because it's incredibly low. So yeah. And it's already been shown with each release that they don't care about the population amount.

But me and my friends don't play together on matchmaking anymore because of it. And many other people I've seen on the forums have claimed to have stopped as well. It's just turned into a "wait for the DC ban to be over Simulator"

But boost the time for the first ban 15min for the forth quit.
AshamanND wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Well its been months so i came back and what do you know I am still getting banned from quitting 1 game even if its just my first time back. Seriously 343 fix your match making!
It sounds like it's working as intended. You SHOULD get banned for quitting 1 game. There's nothing 343 can do to fix your sense of sportsmanship.
I quit the freaking game because my teammates werent even playing!. They were all afking the whole game. So whats the point in playing if no one is helping me period!? God I hate people like you who support a broken system.
It sounds like it would make more sense to be in favor of stricter AFK penalties than to be in favor of lesser quit penalties.
you know what? I am done........I am done with this stupid game! I am tired of the ban system being changed every time and I am tired playing with morons all the freaking time!. This game has pissed me off so many times that I don't understand why I keep giving it many chances.
That's a bit of a harsh reaction to a system that you haven't fully understood why it is in place.

Prior to 1 quit = 1 ban system, quitting was very rampant.
This system was implemented to curb that, and it's generally worked.

However, I am in favor of giving us 1 free quit per day, because I don't think that's unreasonable for the majority of players.
Sometimes it's a crazy unfair match.
Sometimes you lag out.
Sometimes something comes up and you have to log off.

Being allowed to quit once a day without a ban would take these situations into account, without penalizing those people, and isn't exploitable - as you only get one.

Rather than simply saying "I'm done" it's better to understand what's going on, and try to propose something better.
Giving 1 freebie is my attempt at that.

(The afk thing has gotten worse partly because people want XP - which is reduced in frequency now due to the requirement to earn medals - and afk'ing is also a product of the 1 quit = 1 ban issue. Allowing 1 free quit per day would likely resolve a good portion of AFKers, IMO).
[snip]But boost the time for the first ban 15min for the forth quit.
There's a decent suggestion - one I'm sure they could consider and test.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not spam the same post in several places.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
lol i only quit H3 games i hate that game, but i constantly get crappy teammates who do nothing but AFK and its a constant spawn kill for the rival team, why do people join games if they're gonna afk seriously
lol i only quit H3 games i hate that game, but i constantly get crappy teammates who do nothing but AFK and its a constant spawn kill for the rival team, why do people join games if they're gonna afk seriously
If you don't like Halo 3 then deselect halo 3 from the match composer, then you won't get those games in the first place.

People AFK to farm XP or grief.
AshamanND wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Well its been months so i came back and what do you know I am still getting banned from quitting 1 game even if its just my first time back. Seriously 343 fix your match making!
It sounds like it's working as intended. You SHOULD get banned for quitting 1 game. There's nothing 343 can do to fix your sense of sportsmanship.
I quit the freaking game because my teammates werent even playing!. They were all afking the whole game. So whats the point in playing if no one is helping me period!? God I hate people like you who support a broken system.
It sounds like it would make more sense to be in favor of stricter AFK penalties than to be in favor of lesser quit penalties.
you know what? I am done........I am done with this stupid game! I am tired of the ban system being changed every time and I am tired playing with morons all the freaking time!. This game has pissed me off so many times that I don't understand why I keep giving it many chances.
That's a bit of a harsh reaction to a system that you haven't fully understood why it is in place.

Prior to 1 quit = 1 ban system, quitting was very rampant.
This system was implemented to curb that, and it's generally worked.

However, I am in favor of giving us 1 free quit per day, because I don't think that's unreasonable for the majority of players.
Sometimes it's a crazy unfair match.
Sometimes you lag out.
Sometimes something comes up and you have to log off.

Being allowed to quit once a day without a ban would take these situations into account, without penalizing those people, and isn't exploitable - as you only get one.

Rather than simply saying "I'm done" it's better to understand what's going on, and try to propose something better.
Giving 1 freebie is my attempt at that.

(The afk thing has gotten worse partly because people want XP - which is reduced in frequency now due to the requirement to earn medals - and afk'ing is also a product of the 1 quit = 1 ban issue. Allowing 1 free quit per day would likely resolve a good portion of AFKers, IMO).
Oh I understand why its in place but 1 quit equals 1 ban ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!?. I am tired of getting banned whenever my game crashes,accidentally hitting the xbox power button or even yet when the freaking game has connection problems. You say I am harsh? Well go ahead keep on supporting it because I am really done playing this game if I have those issues and even yet when most games I have joined have freaking afker's and team betrayers!. Man I am so grateful Halo 5 has a lenient ban system cause I would rather play 5 over MCC.
AshamanND wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Well its been months so i came back and what do you know I am still getting banned from quitting 1 game even if its just my first time back. Seriously 343 fix your match making!
It sounds like it's working as intended. You SHOULD get banned for quitting 1 game. There's nothing 343 can do to fix your sense of sportsmanship.
I quit the freaking game because my teammates werent even playing!. They were all afking the whole game. So whats the point in playing if no one is helping me period!? God I hate people like you who support a broken system.
It sounds like it would make more sense to be in favor of stricter AFK penalties than to be in favor of lesser quit penalties.
you know what? I am done........I am done with this stupid game! I am tired of the ban system being changed every time and I am tired playing with morons all the freaking time!. This game has pissed me off so many times that I don't understand why I keep giving it many chances.
That's a bit of a harsh reaction to a system that you haven't fully understood why it is in place.

Prior to 1 quit = 1 ban system, quitting was very rampant.
This system was implemented to curb that, and it's generally worked.

However, I am in favor of giving us 1 free quit per day, because I don't think that's unreasonable for the majority of players.
Sometimes it's a crazy unfair match.
Sometimes you lag out.
Sometimes something comes up and you have to log off.

Being allowed to quit once a day without a ban would take these situations into account, without penalizing those people, and isn't exploitable - as you only get one.

Rather than simply saying "I'm done" it's better to understand what's going on, and try to propose something better.
Giving 1 freebie is my attempt at that.

(The afk thing has gotten worse partly because people want XP - which is reduced in frequency now due to the requirement to earn medals - and afk'ing is also a product of the 1 quit = 1 ban issue. Allowing 1 free quit per day would likely resolve a good portion of AFKers, IMO).
Oh I understand why its in place but 1 quit equals 1 ban ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!?. I am tired of getting banned whenever my game crashes,accidentally hitting the xbox power button or even yet when the freaking game has connection problems. You say I am harsh? Well go ahead keep on supporting it because I am really done playing this game if I have those issues and even yet when most games I have joined have freaking afker's and team betrayers!. Man I am so grateful Halo 5 has a lenient ban system cause I would rather play 5 over MCC.
Yeah, I thought your post was harsh.
I said that because you just came to complain without offering a solution. This is a forum for discussion, and venting doesn't really help others - although it might help you.
I completely understand your frustration though, because as a person that doesn't play often it can be jarring when things change and you don't know why.

I never said I support the current rules - if you read my post (and many others in this thread) you'll see that I don't support 1 quit = instant ban.

All I was saying to you is that we should try to be objective in our analysis, understand the causes and reasoning behind the current system, and offer ideas for improvement.
Was playing MCC a couple of days back and after a match finished I was in the lobby searching for the next game and it found a few players but then came up randomly and said that I was banned for 4 minutes. I had left a match earlier but was immediately hit with the short ban for that so it's not a delay from that one so I want to know why this other random one happened for seemingly no reason. This is exactly the same thing that that guy was trying to explain in the general discussion forum before it was locked.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 88
  4. 89
  5. ...
  6. 90