Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 90
  4. 91
  5. ...
  6. 92
I was just playing on MCC for Xbox and my game crashed :/. and when i opened it up again i had a 24 hour ban for no reason. I haven't been banned in the 24 hours.
I was just playing on MCC for Xbox and my game crashed :/. and when i opened it up again i had a 24 hour ban for no reason. I haven't been banned in the 24 hours.
Too bad the game doesn't tell you why you're banned eh?
Hello. My MCC PC gamertag is marcodgf91. I received a notification that I have been banned for the next 24 hours. Is it because I’ve been disconnected from certain team matches? I’d understand if it was because I intentionally quit during the match, but I have never done it intentionally, and if it happened recently, It’s because I’ve been having some connection issues With your service. One match had just started and immediately I was left out in the matchmaking lobby. It’s not my fault, and it’s totally unjustified that I get banned for this. At least tell me specifically why the ban happened. As far as I know, I haven’t used any harsh language either on my chat. In my last match I accidentally betrayed 2 teammates, would at have been the cause? It was not intentional at all, and it happened mostly because I have been lagging today especially.
I keep getting bans after a match. I'm playing the match normally, game ends, sit in the matchmaking lobby and boom
No power courage or internet disconnection
No leaving matches
Nothing
I dont understand
I keep getting bans after a match. I'm playing the match normally, game ends, sit in the matchmaking lobby and boom
No leaving matches
Nothing
I dont understand
Are you playing on PC or X1?

Are you able to record a short video of it happening at the end of your match?

Have you considered submitting a support ticket: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us
No leaving matches
Nothing
I dont understand
The same is happening to me. It's probably kids that are salty about losing and abusing the system
So, today, twice in a row, the game starts loading a match, then I'm brought back to the main menu with a message saying my connection was interrupted. Tried to find another and it happened again and this time I was banned for quitting a match I never joined nor started.

wut.
Logged on today and tried to play matchmaking and was hit was a ban notice until 8/31/2020, I have done literally nothing to earn a full month ban. The previous day i played one matchmaking game and the rest was campaign, and no history of quitting or disconnecting from games. How can i appeal this?
IBSCHMITTY wrote:
Logged on today and tried to play matchmaking and was hit was a ban notice until 8/31/2020, I have done literally nothing to earn a full month ban. The previous day i played one matchmaking game and the rest was campaign, and no history of quitting or disconnecting from games. How can i appeal this?
Month long bans tend to be for more severe misconduct. Discriminatory language, network/matchmaking manipulation attempts, idle boosting etc.
IBSCHMITTY wrote:
Month long bans tend to be for more severe misconduct. Discriminatory language, network/matchmaking manipulation attempts, idle boosting etc.
Well i submitted a ticket, i would be nice to know why specifically a ban of the magnitude is given
I know it is weird?!
Can I get banned on MCC PC version through the games pass on the Xbox app? I only ask because I tried to play multiplayer with an Xbox one controller plugged in and I didn't ever connect to games but it told me that another player got banned and then I did too so I don't understand why I'm getting banned when I'm not utilizing any cheat software or doing anything wrong.
So, I've just finished a rumble pit on Reach right now. Finished first place at 25 points.
Game went to the lobby and booted me out saying I've been temp banned for a couple of minutes.

It's lifted now, but I've got no idea what I've done wrong here. Felt like I needed to post this here however. Perhaps there's a bug where I left the lobby too quickly? I'm not sure.

Anyways thanks for reading.

EDIT:
Holy cow. Just went through multiple lobbies of being constantly disconnected, slapped on a different game mode this time being 4v4, then I receive a message saying I've been kicked from the game. On matchmaking. Says I'll be banned for 1 minute again. Anyone else having the same issue?
Banned during first social matchmaking game of the night in Halo 2, BR slayer. No reason given that I saw, and now can't re-queue. What the hell? Can someone please tell me at least why I was kicked & banned?
Kanonikos wrote:
So, I've just finished a rumble pit on Reach right now. Finished first place at 25 points.
Game went to the lobby and booted me out saying I've been temp banned for a couple of minutes.

It's lifted now, but I've got no idea what I've done wrong here. Felt like I needed to post this here however. Perhaps there's a bug where I left the lobby too quickly? I'm not sure.

Anyways thanks for reading.

EDIT:
Holy cow. Just went through multiple lobbies of being constantly disconnected, slapped on a different game mode this time being 4v4, then I receive a message saying I've been kicked from the game. On matchmaking. Says I'll be banned for 1 minute again. Anyone else having the same issue?
Just happened to me in Slayer...no idea why other than being wrongly reported or a broken system banning people for overloaded internet connections while everyone is at home & online during this pandemic.
Is getting banned for being bad a thing?

Was playing the new H2:A last night on the PC, on my very first game and unsurprisingly I got hammered on the keyboard I wasn't used to. Got like 3 kills and 13 deaths on Team Slayer which cost our team the match. It picked the next game but then before it launched I got "you've been kicked from the game". And then it wouldn't let me search for another for a few minutes - five or ten minutes at most. After that I had no problems for the whole evening - so I really don't know what to blame?

I used the time to make some tea so I'm not angry or anything like that. Its just if there's a sportmanship algorithm that, as an unintended consequence, boots players for bad performance, or an ability of players to get teammates kicked by reporting, I dont think it should be applying to social playlists.
I also had this happen to me, I got kicked in early game in H2 BR slayer. Went 3/5 and got kicked and banned for no apparent reason. Wasn't in the chat, voice or text, didn't betray or disconnect. No idea what happened & would love to find out.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 90
  4. 91
  5. ...
  6. 92