Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 91
  4. 92
  5. 93
  6. 94
  7. 95
  8. ...
  9. 100
Why was I banned?
Read the first post of this thread, it gives multiple reasons / possibilities.
You'd need to give us some actual info for any help.
AshamanND wrote:
Why was I banned?
Logged in a few days ago to find I was banned until 10/29/2552 @ 11:10am

I am a twitch affiliate and have a long standing professional career in the halo community. I have contacted just about everyone I know at 343i and gotten either no response or no definitive answer.

All I know is that Ive been getting back into halo just recently and Ive been kicking a** and taking names in matchmaking. I know of a certain individual who was quite upset and accused me of being a hacker, has made several threats and openly admitted to doxxing me and sending emails containing images that would lead me to think he/she seriously messed up individual.

I have seen reddit threads of this individual asking to pay people to report me as well.

I am at a loss for words and respect for 343i. I have been streaming non-stop for weeks and I have conducted myself as an exemplary member of this community and faithfully represented my actions in game with respect to this community and the game I love. I doubt any full investigation was conducted into my supposed hacking as all one would have to do is watch my stream to see that I am indeed a very good player.

I have also been discharged from Section 3 over this, adding further insult to injury.
Are you on Xbox? If so, I don't believe there's any known Xbox hacks other than modded controllers so it's likely for something else.
Why was I banned?
https://streamable.com/4kzd8d - this is probly ur answer . people not need waste time helping u when is obvious .
Sounds like you have an ongoing issue with some other players that is best handled elsewhere.

If you have an issue with the ban, you can try the support site https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us
If you've received some answers from 343i employees but they weren't definitive, follow up with them directly - you're more likely to get a response from them than in this forum.

Anything to do with your Spartan Company is between you and them.
Why was I banned?
https://streamable.com/4kzd8d - this is probly ur answer . people not need waste time helping u when is obvious .
Running the flag is not hacking buddy. I was using features built into the xbox elite series 2 controller to juggle the flag faster than normal. You cant cheat in matchmaking. End of story.

You being a sore loser has resulted in permanent damage to my standing in the Halo community. Seriously, you have issues and you took an unauthorized clip of someone elses stream that does nothing but prove Im good at the game.

Taking a game like Halo 2 seriously like you do is a joke, and not a good one at that. You arent good at the game, you camp with every power weapon you get and your favorite weapon is the plasma pistol. You got wrecked so bad you cried like a baby to 343 until they were so sick of your whining they slapped a 532 year ban on me.

Good job buddy, you are really something else.
Why was I banned?
Running the flag is not hacking buddy. I was using features built into the xbox elite series 2 controller to juggle the flag faster than normal. You cant cheat in matchmaking. End of story.

You being a sore loser has resulted in permanent damage to my standing in the Halo community. Seriously, you have issues and you took an unauthorized clip of someone elses stream that does nothing but prove Im good at the game.

Taking a game like Halo 2 seriously like you do is a joke, and not a good one at that. You arent good at the game, you camp with every power weapon you get and your favorite weapon is the plasma pistol. You got wrecked so bad you cried like a baby to 343 until they were so sick of your whining they slapped a 532 year ban on me.

Good job buddy, you are really something else.
Cheats, says "GOOGLE MY NAME", cheats some more, gets caught, brings his sob story to the halo waypoint forum and it flips on him as he gets called out, gets banned, goes on r/LegalAdvice to cry more, it gets deleted, makes ANOTHER post on the waypoint forum trying to prove his innocence, meanwhile there are multiple clips of you using the MCC Toolbox in matchmaking. The latest one Submarine linked literally has you saying "I don't hack, but against Submarine I do". That right there was probably the nail in the coffin.

You sir are the definition of a sore loser. The type of kid that talks a bunch of trash, asks to fight, gets beat up and then calls the cops. You literally turned off your stream the other week for 30 seconds just to magically get 2 killimanjaros before turning your stream back on. I don't know how else to put it but you have the most fragile ego of anyone I've met in this online community. & if someone really sent "gore emails" to your place of employment, or made reddit threads asking for players to report you for money, wouldn't you have provided some links or evidence? You are constantly lying all while getting caught red handed and its honestly hilarious that they gave you a 500+ year ban.

Sincerely, get rekt

https://imgur.com/gxY1ZHv
IBSCHMITTY wrote:
Logged on today and tried to play matchmaking and was hit was a ban notice until 8/31/2020, I have done literally nothing to earn a full month ban. The previous day i played one matchmaking game and the rest was campaign, and no history of quitting or disconnecting from games. How can i appeal this?
I just logged in today after not playing for around 2 weeks and I am banned until 9/7/2020. I don't afk, quit, or mess with the game...just play vanilla matchmaking with my friends.

I'm at a loss for words.
Most likely you said a no-no word which triggered the 343 overlords. Cant really do anything except ride out the lame ban and never use text chat again in fear of breaking their undefined censorship rules
The only thing I really hope 343 does is maybe add an anti cheat in the future because it’s possible they may make Halo Master Chief collection crossplay with Xbox and Pc so if that’s the case they probably need to add an Anti cheat because I know it’s rare to see a hacker in the original Xbox 360 versions of halo CE Anniversary, Halo 3, 4, and Reach but just a thought I think 343 should do if they add crossplay.
Kreger123 wrote:
The only thing I really hope 343 does is maybe add an anti cheat in the future because it’s possible they may make Halo Master Chief collection crossplay with Xbox and Pc so if that’s the case they probably need to add an Anti cheat because I know it’s rare to see a hacker in the original Xbox 360 versions of halo CE Anniversary, Halo 3, 4, and Reach but just a thought I think 343 should do if they add crossplay.
MCC on PC has anti cheat software.
Chimera30 wrote:
Kreger123 wrote:
MCC on PC has anti cheat software.
Ok good that’s give me hope then when they do crossplay with Xbox and Pc
AshamanND wrote:
Why was I banned?
Logged in a few days ago to find I was banned until 10/29/2552 @ 11:10am

I am a twitch affiliate and have a long standing professional career in the halo community. I have contacted just about everyone I know at 343i and gotten either no response or no definitive answer.

All I know is that Ive been getting back into halo just recently and Ive been kicking a** and taking names in matchmaking. I know of a certain individual who was quite upset and accused me of being a hacker, has made several threats and openly admitted to doxxing me and sending emails containing images that would lead me to think he/she seriously messed up individual.

I have seen reddit threads of this individual asking to pay people to report me as well.

I am at a loss for words and respect for 343i. I have been streaming non-stop for weeks and I have conducted myself as an exemplary member of this community and faithfully represented my actions in game with respect to this community and the game I love. I doubt any full investigation was conducted into my supposed hacking as all one would have to do is watch my stream to see that I am indeed a very good player.

I have also been discharged from Section 3 over this, adding further insult to injury.
Your ban (for cheating/hacking) is especially funny considering that you posted this back in December:
To all trying to get their bans appealed in some way I've got some bad news for you.

Its not happening. 343i has in depth analytics on what player accounts were doing in game. Your accounts werent banned for being afk doing chores or feeding your cat, you were banned for intentionally abusing the matchmaking system to boost your XP.

343 wouldnt even have to use analytics to determine the players who were boosting, anyone can figure out that if youve played 700+ games with almost no kills and your time played averages out to being 24 hours a day you are definitely a booster.

A week long matchmaking ban is a very light punishment and I hope that players who were banned take that week to reflect on how they have negatively impacted the community and player experience for every legit player who was forced into playing a game with sometimes full teams of intentional boosters. Players who were forced to still do their best and deal with the losses agaisnt full teams of legitimate players, because quitting wasnt an option for them out of fear of getting banned from matchmaking.

Long story short: No, you are not getting an appeal for your ban.
Long story short: No, you are not getting an appeal for your ban. :D
There is a lot of bans for halo MCC I'm guessing
There is a lot of bans for halo MCC I'm guessing
Only if you are a constant quitter or an idle player xp booster.... If you just actually play the game as you are supposed to you won't have a problem.
Hello,

I just received a ban lasting more than 30 days, expiring 9/28/20... what is strange is that I was not even playing multiplayer today, but doing LASO playlists and some legendary co-op. I experienced a disconnection from Steam which signed me out of Xbox Live, but other than that, no internet outages. If anyone can assist, please do, I am Tour 5 and don't want to make another account...
I just received a ban lasting more than 30 days, expiring 9/28/20... what is strange is that I was not even playing multiplayer today, but doing LASO playlists and some legendary co-op. If anyone can assist, please do, I am Tour 5 and don't want to make another account...
Did you say anything inappropriate in the text chat or AFK for numerous games?
Hello,

I just received a ban lasting more than 30 days, expiring 9/28/20... what is strange is that I was not even playing multiplayer today, but doing LASO playlists and some legendary co-op. I experienced a disconnection from Steam which signed me out of Xbox Live, but other than that, no internet outages. If anyone can assist, please do, I am Tour 5 and don't want to make another account...
i not no ur case . but i no som1 that play with a known cheeter got 1 month + ban ! what is hapening as i see it is cheeters r getting caught on PC and punish , now the peeps who boosted from those cheeters are geting punish . not saying this is u , but now that we kno punishmint is served to those that suport cheeters, any 1 that play with cheeter knowgly wil be reported , have a case opened on , n followed up becose suporting cheeters is 99.9% as bad as cheeting urself .
Good Morning,

I received a message about being banned for over a month recently. I got no reason, no warning, no nothing. Just boom, straight to being banned for that insane amount of time. Is there any monitor or 343 personnel that can contact me and help me figure out this situation and potentially come to a solution on the matter. I'd really like to get back to playing the game.
Hello,

I got the exact same thing, literally to the T.... My ban is until 9/28/20... No idea why, no explanation why... just left in the dark. Seems like a great way to do business with customers...
Hello,

sShOcKk wrote:
Good Morning,

I received a message about being banned for over a month recently. I got no reason, no warning, no nothing. Just boom, straight to being banned for that insane amount of time. Is there any monitor or 343 personnel that can contact me and help me figure out this situation and potentially come to a solution on the matter. I'd really like to get back to playing the game.
Per our Enforcement team, you were both banned due to highly inappropriate text chat.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 91
  4. 92
  5. 93
  6. 94
  7. 95
  8. ...
  9. 100