Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 92
  4. 93
  5. ...
  6. 94
Hello,

I just received a ban lasting more than 30 days, expiring 9/28/20... what is strange is that I was not even playing multiplayer today, but doing LASO playlists and some legendary co-op. I experienced a disconnection from Steam which signed me out of Xbox Live, but other than that, no internet outages. If anyone can assist, please do, I am Tour 5 and don't want to make another account...
sShOcKk wrote:
Good Morning,

I received a message about being banned for over a month recently. I got no reason, no warning, no nothing. Just boom, straight to being banned for that insane amount of time. Is there any monitor or 343 personnel that can contact me and help me figure out this situation and potentially come to a solution on the matter. I'd really like to get back to playing the game.
Per our Enforcement team, you were both banned due to highly inappropriate text chat.
Can you define highly inappropriate? Like is there a way to even see the text chat, or have an appeal? This is a first time ban and it's for this long of a period... Personally from a business aspect view of this, you're going to lose a lot of customers because of this. I believe there should at least be a warning, or at least a smaller initial ban window when this first happens. If it's a repeat offense I can totally understand a longer ban. I do understand you want a clean community that follows the rules, so I am sorry i broke the rules/code of conduct, whatever it is. I'll keep my opinions out of the voice chat in the future.
sShOcKk wrote:
Personally from a business aspect view of this, you're going to lose a lot of customers because of this.
Highly doubtful and I think they'd rather have a lower population without very toxic people playing their game.
Why am I banned? I just came back from a trip to find out I am banned.
So I was looking online about the quit ban penalties for MCC and either something is glitched or what I found isn't up to date. I was reading that bans can only be up to like 10 minutes or so but I've been banned for almost 2 weeks after quitting out of a couple of matches. One was just literally no hope with team mates going double digit negative and the other one I had to leave IRL.
SSyrax wrote:
So I was looking online about the quit ban penalties for MCC and either something is glitched or what I found isn't up to date. I was reading that bans can only be up to like 10 minutes or so but I've been banned for almost 2 weeks after quitting out of a couple of matches. One was just literally no hope with team mates going double digit negative and the other one I had to leave IRL.
Quit bans cannot reach a length of 2 weeks. If you've been banned for 2 weeks, then it's not for quitting. It's possible that your account was found acting inappropriately, perhaps idling in games for XP, or perhaps you misused the text chat in some way. Both of those infractions are types that will get you lengthy bans.
Chimera30 wrote:
SSyrax wrote:
Quit bans cannot reach a length of 2 weeks. If you've been banned for 2 weeks, then it's not for quitting. It's possible that your account was found acting inappropriately, perhaps idling in games for XP, or perhaps you misused the text chat in some way. Both of those infractions are types that will get you lengthy bans.
So based off of this and many other questions, can we ever expect to have actual guidelines from the 343 Halo team on bans? Like can we get examples of behavior/actions and then length of ban for those?
sShOcKk wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
SSyrax wrote:
So based off of this and many other questions, can we ever expect to have actual guidelines from the 343 Halo team on bans? Like can we get examples of behavior/actions and then length of ban for those?
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037287112-Why-Did-I-Get-Banned-
Getting booted in Halo: CE is easy since there is nothing stopping the system from spawning teammates directly in front of your vehicle moving at full speed! For example, see the clip below:
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/slatchum/video/106189891#t=2
Hi there, upon trying to login today I'm hit with a 1 month ban... Can this be resolved someway? Thank you.
stckrboy wrote:
The following FAQ should answer some of your questions about Halo: The Master Chief Collection bans. We will update this FAQ as necessary.
Banned and was never notified,this will effect whether or not i'm buying infinite(which i'm not)...in short you lost 60 dollars way to go.....
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I've been repeatedly getting dropped from games the second it finishes loading a map. Which is then followed by a ban of a few minutes. But nothing changes once that timer runs out. The same process starts anew. Last night I had 0 issues joining and playing games with great connections. I didn't/haven't interacted with anyone on voice chat or in text chat, let alone it been "inappropriate". I cannot fathom what the problem is. I'm on a wired connection with an Open NAT type and no problems before now. What's going on?
SSyrax wrote:
So it's glitched then. I play on console so there is no text chat and I also don't idle in matches. Thanks for the info though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 92
  4. 93
  5. ...
  6. 94