Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 93
  4. 94
  5. 95
  6. 96
  7. ...
  8. 97
stckrboy wrote:
I'm banned until October 12. Is there a way for me to have my ban lifted before October 12? I can't do matchmaking to get seasonal points for Firefight and Multiplayer challenges.
No. Considering what you were banned for, just be thankful it wasn't made any longer. You'll have to wait it out
Ok. I understand.
Im finishing matches but Ive been banned for 1 minute after watching the xp gain for playing 2x now since saturday, and once before i even played a single match. Is it bugging out or something? I didnt quit any matches so im not sure what would trigger it outside that
Im finishing matches but Ive been banned for 1 minute after watching the xp gain for playing 2x now since saturday, and once before i even played a single match. Is it bugging out or something? I didnt quit any matches so im not sure what would trigger it outside that
I have also been the victim of this a few times randomly.
I've been repeatedly getting dropped from games the second it finishes loading a map. Which is then followed by a ban of a few minutes. But nothing changes once that timer runs out. The same process starts anew. Last night I had 0 issues joining and playing games with great connections. I didn't/haven't interacted with anyone on voice chat or in text chat, let alone it been "inappropriate". I cannot fathom what the problem is. I'm on a wired connection with an Open NAT type and no problems before now. What's going on?
It isn't happening anymore so I guess it was just a bug? No one responded so I don't know what was going on. Hope it doesn't happen again.
I've been repeatedly getting dropped from games the second it finishes loading a map. Which is then followed by a ban of a few minutes. But nothing changes once that timer runs out. The same process starts anew. Last night I had 0 issues joining and playing games with great connections. I didn't/haven't interacted with anyone on voice chat or in text chat, let alone it been "inappropriate". I cannot fathom what the problem is. I'm on a wired connection with an Open NAT type and no problems before now. What's going on?
It isn't happening anymore so I guess it was just a bug? No one responded so I don't know what was going on. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Whatever was causing you to be dropped from the games is the issue.

The auto-ban system will give a ban if a player leaves/quit/disconnects from games, so this is why you were getting the small ban.

If your connection issues have since stabilized (even if you didn't do anything for that, it just got better on it's own) that's why no more ban.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
That's irrelevant.
I don't work for 343. Also, previous games had ban systems as well. Not exactly like this one as each game was different, but you were still banned for certain actions.
Can you make it so that you don’t get banned for leaving husky raid it is my least favorite game mode in the history of video games
LUKEPOWA wrote:
considering non of this was in the original games you should be thankful you guys are still allowed to make halo games.
That's irrelevant.
He is also wrong, back on Halo 3 on the old days on 360 if you quit 3 games in a 24 hour time period you got a 12 hour ban
Can you make it so that you don’t get banned for leaving husky raid it is my least favorite game mode in the history of video games
You not liking a game mode doesn't make you immune to the rules of matchmaking. If you don't want to play it, pick a different playlist.
You not liking a game mode doesn't make you immune to the rules of matchmaking. If you don't want to play it, pick a different playlist.
I don't have a choice between super fiesta and Husky Raid
I don't have a choice between super fiesta and Husky Raid
You have a choice of playing that playlist or another. This is also the mcc ban thread, not h5
Spoiler:
Show
stckrboy wrote:
considering non of this was in the original games you should be thankful you guys are still allowed to make halo games.
I don't work for 343. Also, previous games had ban systems as well. Not exactly like this one as each game was different, but you were still banned for certain actions.
what actions would that be then? if i didnt do any of the actions listed as being bannable on this page, the system must be broken or you guys are not telling the truth. also according to this page after each ban the length of the ban goes up which doesnt happen. so lets recap, i dont commit any bannable offense yet i am still banned after each game, and the length of the ban stays the same each time. Sounds pretty broken to me.
There is also an article on the Support site https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037287112-Why-Did-I-Get-Banned-of note:
Quote:
If you don't have a quit within a 3 hour period, then you will reset back to the first step on the ban ladder. There is still a record of how many quits you have, but it is not used in this automated system.
So, if your disconnects aren't actually happening after EVERY game, but often, it's possible they're every 3 hours or so, therefore not triggering an increase in the length of time.

It's also possible that the team reworked the auto ban system, but did not update that support page, nor tell and mods here to update this faq.
If that's the case, then maybe they aren't doing escalating bans for DCs anymore.

The problem here is with your system disconnecting.
It sounds like the ban system is operating as intended.

You should open up a support ticket on the site I linked that outlines what is happening in your disconnects.
If you can get that resolved, then the DC bans obviously won't happen either.
Spoiler:
Show
LUKEPOWA wrote:
That's irrelevant.
He is also wrong, back on Halo 3 on the old days on 360 if you quit 3 games in a 24 hour time period you got a 12 hour ban
so again, this ban system wasn't in the original games and halo mcc was marketed as being the original games. so youre wrong and it is completely relevant.
"marketed as being the original games" is a VERY tired argument.
Look at any of the 'marketing' you see for MCC now and you'll note that it's not the case. It's marketed as a new experience of the old titles.

Anyways, it's not really the point of this.

The point being, your system is disconnecting which results in a ban.
The ban is not the main problem here (although you can discuss to your heart's content if you think DC warrants a ban - but that's been beat to death in this thread already).

Better to focus on resolving the issue of why your system is disconnecting.
Could be your end, could be 343's end - but in order to work on it you should submit a support ticket.
Spoiler:
Show
AshamanND wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
[snip]
I'm not being disconnected at all, i have great internet and play each and every game completely from launch to being automatically entered into the queue for a new game. the system is broken or 343 is targeting innocent players for the fun of it. I like how you instantly assume it's the players fault when this thread is littered with people complaining of the ban system being broken, maybe i'm being banned for someone else dropping out of the game or quitting but I definitely haven't quit or been dropped but either way thats still broken.
I didn't say YOU were at fault.

I said your system was disconnecting.
That's not the same thing. It could be a settings issue, or firewall issue, or who knows what.
I'm not faulting you personally, just trying to help, man.

And the thread isn't littered with people saying it's broken. It's littered with people saying they don't agree with how it functions. Not the same thing.

Submit a support ticket to get to the bottom of what's happening to you.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 93
  4. 94
  5. 95
  6. 96
  7. ...
  8. 97