Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 95
  4. 96
  5. ...
  6. 97
During the beginning of this month 10/1/20 I was banned along with a friend. We had the same exact date and time when our ban was over. Remind you we have not been playing together when our bans occur the same frame time. A week or two later I was at WORK. He apparently got banned on October 12th of 2020. His banned isn’t dismissed until 12/11/20. I played earlier that day before work. Again I was not with him like I wasn’t last time we got banned together. Now the next day 10/13/20 I got on Master Chief Collection and it said I was banned the exact time as him. Im completely lost for words. I literally just played the morning before and I was fine. This is happening to us as a unsettling coincidence. Microsoft and Master Chief Collection owes an explanation I what we did. From my point of view I have been with your company for many years and I am treated to be deserved like this. I don’t even get a warning or a notification saying what I did. Is Master Chief going downhill along with Microsoft? Is Sony now the way to go?
KadzMarie wrote:
I don’t even get a warning or a notification saying what I did.
Unfortunately I don't think the system is set up to provide reasons why at this time.

If you don't know what you may have done to warrant a ban, or if you think the ban is unjust, file a ticket on the support site:
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-usThis will let you have direct communication with someone from 343.
This forum is informational only, run by volunteer moderators, and does not get posts from the developers for every request. The support site pretty much guarantees a response.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
KadzMarie wrote:
False.

It creates a verifiable trail of documentation, one you can use for your benefit if you've been wrongly banned.

Now I can imagine if you were banned for a genuine reason, and it was egregious, it's not going to be overturned.

Also, if you file a ticket full of blame, accusations, profanity - I'd wager then yes, it goes straight into the trash.
But - if you are cordial and simply ask what's going on in your ticket, you'll get a reply of some kind.

Key is, be human, and treat the employees at 343 like humans, and it'll work out.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
KadzMarie wrote:
During the beginning of this month 10/1/20 I was banned along with a friend. We had the same exact date and time when our ban was over. Remind you we have not been playing together when our bans occur the same frame time. A week or two later I was at WORK. He apparently got banned on October 12th of 2020. His banned isn’t dismissed until 12/11/20. I played earlier that day before work. Again I was not with him like I wasn’t last time we got banned together. Now the next day 10/13/20 I got on Master Chief Collection and it said I was banned the exact time as him. Im completely lost for words. I literally just played the morning before and I was fine. This is happening to us as a unsettling coincidence. Microsoft and Master Chief Collection owes an explanation I what we did. From my point of view I have been with your company for many years and I am treated to be deserved like this. I don’t even get a warning or a notification saying what I did. Is Master Chief going downhill along with Microsoft? Is Sony now the way to go?
I don't wanna be rude but you're -Yoink- out of luck. Those tickets they tell you to fill out? They don't do jack diddly squat. And that's not just me being mean, I'm being serious. I don't know if they don't see it or what but every ticket I submit, and I mean in general, just gets ignored. And I can imagine this is especially true for bans. Every ticket I submit for bugs and glitches in the MCC flights is straight up ignored and then the bugs make it to release.

You could always try, but I'm certain it'd be a waste of time.

Never before have I seen a game that bans you and doesn't tell you WHY you're banned.
KadzMarie wrote:
I don't wanna be rude but you're -Yoink- out of luck. Those tickets they tell you to fill out? They don't do jack diddly squat. And that's not just me being mean, I'm being serious. I don't know if they don't see it or what but every ticket I submit, and I mean in general, just gets ignored. And I can imagine this is especially true for bans. Every ticket I submit for bugs and glitches in the MCC flights is straight up ignored and then the bugs make it to release.

You could always try, but I'm certain it'd be a waste of time.

Never before have I seen a game that bans you and doesn't tell you WHY you're banned.
Hey, I'm not saying everything is gonna be lightspeed here, and not every bug gets fixed.

But saying they ignore tickets is silly.

Here's the most recent list of bugs fixed https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049316032-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Patch-NotesAnd a few more for good measure:
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046558492-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Patch-Notes-7-29-20https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045689232-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Patch-Notes-7-14-20https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044955912-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Patch-Notes-6-24-20
Am I shadow banned or something? I am on a 1000/1000 connection through ATT and I cannot find a match. What is going on ?
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Just logged onto MCC and it says I'm banned from matchmaking until 11/03/2020. What did I do wrong? I have absolutely no idea.
Stromyy wrote:
Just logged onto MCC and it says I'm banned from matchmaking until 11/03/2020. What did I do wrong? I have absolutely no idea.
Nevermind I figured it out, I was suiciding with a guest account in Firefight to make the games go by faster, system must've caught me. A friend told me to do it since he did it that way.
What is with the ban system? I keep playing matches to competition, and getting a random ban after insit and watch the xp screen afterwards

I have even once gotten banned before even playing a single match. Just spent 5 minutes failing to find one and just backing out to change search options and it randomly baned me for a minute.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 95
  4. 96
  5. ...
  6. 97