Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Official Halo MCC "Why was I banned?" thread

OP stckrboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 97
  4. 98
  5. ...
  6. 99
Honestly, this happens a lot. So much so it worries me. As a person who cares about getting his rank up, I don't actually idle. I believe that you gain more xp faster by just enjoying the game, so it's something I have never done and it goes against my belief that you can do anything you want as long as it isn't ruining the fun of the other players. I also don't quit out games even if they are bad. My K/D totally reflects that as its minus. I also don't chat in game or join teams ever. The only people I play with, they do campaign once every couple months. Yet my first ever ban was just as a game loaded up and the mcc crashed. I was oddly banned for 24hrs. This isn't a complaining post, just to highlight some issues.

The first ban seemed to serve no sense as I had not played in a over a year following the death of a family member. Obviously if you do have a legitimate case that a ban should not have taken place, be prepared.. Posting it up here will no doubt get you a few fan boys telling you how even though you never touched the game in over a year, you must have been obviously quitting out games all the time or doing an idle.

In truth it's become a little worrying and uncertain as to what actually causes these bans. First game, one crash I guess has no way of knowing if you quit intentionally or not. I know Mcc has been worked on to be better. So perhaps the crashes I do experience are because I'm using an old h5 xbox one. So perhaps the stability isn't there. Maybe if I upgraded to something else, it means less crashes perhaps.

Still, after one game.. 24hr ban. Seems strange. Then again months later, match completes as normal with nothing eventful happening and a strange ban message appears. Banned until an exact date at an exact time.. However, it was already that exact time and no ban actually happened.. The next issue was playing all night, one game crash and a 24hr ban. Yet as can easy be seen by my game history, I never quit or idle and had played and completed many games that night. I even gained exp for those games. What's more bizarre and actually a little worrying is since then, I have had one more crash but no ban. And a few weeks ago, Internet issues with xbox live thanks to its core services being unstable but not being notified right away. So games kept ending due to network difficulties. Thankfully no ban. But I'm sure it could have easily been a ban as people can just disconnect Internet to quit games. The worrying part is, I understand punishment has to be dealt out and the more people do this, the more severe the punishment. The worrying part for me, is how long will I get banned for the next time there is a crash.

This isn't a complaint post. I just want to highlight there is an issue and to let people know that, you can be doing everything right and still get a ban. Sadly it just happens. Obviously not everyone is innocent and if you were doing something wrong, I believe everyone already knows why they were banned before coming here to cry about it. For the people who are mistakingly banned, yes it happens a lot.

I really think there needs to be a large focus on nailing down the banning system. Refining it and having the system identify game crashes from quitting, or core service issues during times people are unusualy quitting or idling in games. There also needs to be a more focused system to check on if the person is doing this often before banning them. Yes I know it is already supposed to work like that but it clearly doesn't always. Then the random bans for no reason need to be looked into, and these strange 0 second bans that can't take place because the message states it starts at 1am and ends at 1am on the exact same date for example.

I really think in the next update they should tackle this. It may not be happening to everyone but it certainly happens to a few and I hate worrying when trying to enjoy a game if any core services are down or the game crashes, if next time the ban will be longer. It's very scary.
It is almost virtually impossible to not accidentally betray someone in Halo 1 matchmaking due to the crappy vehicle physics and massive explosions. Why do they even have betrayal on in the first place? Can't they just disable it?

On another note, the bans from lagging or crashing out of a game are getting pretty annoying. And they are worryingly frequent.
A while ago I found I was banned until 2552. I had stopped playing a month or so before finding I was banned and I don't know what I could have done to get this ban. I was able to play the Halo 4 flight. I can't find where to submit a ticket, I know it says it's at the bottom of the know issues but I apparently can't find that either. The only one I could find was the global know issues and it didn't have an option to submit a ticket. I'd at least deserve to know why I was banned. I don't bully players (I am a -Yoink- head to those toxic players who like to talk -Yoink- on other players) and I don't quite games often. I can only recall about 4 or 5 times that I did and those were caused by outside forces. Help is greatly appreciated even if my problem is due to my lacking intellect.
A while ago I found I was banned until 2552. I had stopped playing a month or so before finding I was banned and I don't know what I could have done to get this ban. I was able to play the Halo 4 flight. I can't find where to submit a ticket, I know it says it's at the bottom of the know issues but I apparently can't find that either. The only one I could find was the global know issues and it didn't have an option to submit a ticket. I'd at least deserve to know why I was banned. I don't bully players (I am a -Yoink- head to those toxic players who like to talk -Yoink- on other players) and I don't quite games often. I can only recall about 4 or 5 times that I did and those were caused by outside forces. Help is greatly appreciated even if my problem is due to my lacking intellect.
https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036218972-How-to-Submit-a-TicketRead this page carefully in order to learn how to submit a ticket. Read it very carefully.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
I've been getting dropped to the menu about halfway thru loading the map so much today I believe I actually received a temp-ban for it. It's not my network, so might want to look into the connection issues. If it wasn't a ban for that, I'd like to know.
jonz117 wrote:
I've been getting dropped to the menu about halfway thru loading the map so much today I believe I actually received a temp-ban for it. It's not my network, so might want to look into the connection issues. If it wasn't a ban for that, I'd like to know.
I've been having the same issues on pc after the H4 update went live. it's been happening in HReach, H4, and H3. it will freeze at the scoreboard and then just say "game over" and i will be kicked back to main menu with a 1 minute ban. this -Yoink- is getting old.
I was banned until 2552 but was just playing last night ?? No quitting or anything how can I appeal this ??
I've put a ticket forth. I've been banned for an entire month!

And no, I haven't cheated, griefed, quit or idled. I haven't even played the game as commonly over the past few days.

This is terrible. I love Halo but if this is how 343 treats their consumers I might as well just go play another game like Destiny. I love the Halo games and Halo 3 is literally my favorite game of all time. But this more than just annoying.

And no, I haven't cheated, griefed, quit or idled. I haven't even played the game as commonly over the past few days.

This is terrible. I love Halo but if this is how 343 treats their consumers I might as well just go play another game like Destiny. I love the Halo games and Halo 3 is literally my favorite game of all time. But this more than just annoying.
From what I've seen around here lately, some month long bans are due to your account being flagged for sending highly inappropriate messages through the in game text chat.

From what I've seen around here lately, some month long bans are due to your account being flagged for sending highly inappropriate messages through the in game text chat.
Can't remember what I sent but the only things I remember sending via chat were some pretty normal trashtalking stuff like calling the enemy team noobs or something. It's a core part of Halo and something 343 should pay more attention to especially given that these are "social" games.

But if this is what Halo has become then I'm gonna jump off this ship. I was honestly pretty hyped for Infinite given everything but if 343 doesn't respect a pretty core part of Halo then I'm off. I could understand them censoring certain naughty words in the text chat because they're a major company and they feel they have to for some odd reason, but to ban people for trashtalking is just pathetic.

And also, especially since the update, I haven't been using chat much at all since I mostly use controller and I have my binds to chat on my keyboard, so it's a bit of an inconvenience to in the first place.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 97
  4. 98
  5. ...
  6. 99