Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Package - Par Score trouble

OP CptShort97

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello everyone.

I’ve been ticking off the par scores for Reach, and the Package is the last one I have across all of MCC. I don’t find this level PARTICULARLY tough but it’s an unusually high score to hit so I put it on Legendary and used all my best strategies. Finished with 52,611 raw score and in 29 minutes almost exactly so was convinced that was plenty good enough. Instead I was slapped with a 1.00 time multiplier. My score stayed exactly the same and thus I was well below par.

This has kinda thrown me for a loop. My understanding for scoring in this game (and please correct me if I’m wrong but this is how it worked for every other par score I’ve done) is that if you finish under the par time you get a 3x multiplier, if you finish 50% over it you get a 2x multiplier and if it takes you more than twice as long you don’t get anything and every kill after that point is worth nothing.

Given that the par time for The Package is 20 minutes, and I finished in 29 minutes, I should’ve gotten a little above a 2x multiplier.... right? Am I being stupid here? It was such a clean run I really don’t think i could realistically have done it much better or faster so I guess I have to do it again with skulls on? Feeling a little deflated because I thought I nailed it.

Basically looking for any suggestions or explanations as to what is happening here as I’m pretty confused right now.
You may have been playing on competitive is my first though.

In competitive, it shows you the live score including the time bonus, so maybe the 52,111 was your score with it?

My only though, hope it helps. If not, my appologies

In competitive, it shows you the live score including the time bonus, so maybe the 52,111 was your score with it?

Unfortunately not :( That was my initial reaction as well, but the post-match report definitely showed a 1.00x Time Multiplier when it gave me the score. So for whatever reason I got no time bonus but I definitely finished fast enough to have earned it.

I can only assume it’s some sort of bug because I cannot explain it any other way but I don’t want to spend another half hour making another attempt unless I can be sure it’s actually going to count. Maybe i’ll throw on some skulls tomorrow and try to sack off the time bonus altogether. I’ll update the thread if I find an answer, and submit a ticket if I can confirm that it’s glitched.
CptShort97 wrote:

Unfortunately not :( That was my initial reaction as well, but the post-match report definitely showed a 1.00x Time Multiplier when it gave me the score. So for whatever reason I got no time bonus but I definitely finished fast enough to have earned it.

I can only assume it’s some sort of bug because I cannot explain it any other way but I don’t want to spend another half hour making another attempt unless I can be sure it’s actually going to count. Maybe i’ll throw on some skulls tomorrow and try to sack off the time bonus altogether. I’ll update the thread if I find an answer, and submit a ticket if I can confirm that it’s glitched.
I havn't gone out of my way yet for the par scors, but in the past games i just set it to heroic, and focused on killing sprees and not dying. I had literally nonisse in the past 5 games in the collection. I plan to do that on whatever kevels laso didnt get me oar scores
I just completed it on heroic with famine/thunderstorm/tough luck, in 28 minutes and 1 death. My score was listed as ~40k, which I guess works out math-wise with yours? Why does this level’s score seem so ridiculous compared to the others?
I just completed it on heroic with famine/thunderstorm/tough luck, in 28 minutes and 1 death. My score was listed as ~40k, which I guess works out math-wise with yours? Why does this level’s score seem so ridiculous compared to the others?
I guess it’s a very vehicle-heavy mission and they tend to have much higher scores but I’m fairly sure this is the highest score anywhere in the collection. The kicker though is if the time bonus had worked as I had expected then it’s still very achievable even without skulls. I was on pace for 100,000 plus by my own calculations. I’m gonna try again today, Legendary + Famine/Thunderstorm and see if I can brute force it.
CptShort97 wrote:

I havn't gone out of my way yet for the par scors, but in the past games i just set it to heroic, and focused on killing sprees and not dying. I had literally nonisse in the past 5 games in the collection. I plan to do that on whatever kevels laso didnt get me oar scores
I did every other game on Heroic too. Throwing on skulls when needed. I’m most comfortable and familiar with Reach and got 7/9 of the Reach par scores without trying by just doing the Legendary Campaign playlist. I was doing data pads and other Legendary-specific achievements on that playthrough, I wasn’t really thinking about score. But the only ones I fell short on were the Package and Exodus so I (wrongly) assumed if I just did the same settings again but better and faster that would be good enough.
CptShort97 wrote:
CptShort97 wrote:

I did every other game on Heroic too. Throwing on skulls when needed. I’m most comfortable and familiar with Reach and got 7/9 of the Reach par scores without trying by just doing the Legendary Campaign playlist. I was doing data pads and other Legendary-specific achievements on that playthrough, I wasn’t really thinking about score. But the only ones I fell short on were the Package and Exodus so I (wrongly) assumed if I just did the same settings again but better and faster that would be good enough.
If you ever plan on doing the laso playlist, i got almost 90k during the package. Maybe do that?

I didnt realize it until just now when i checked but doing the 3 hour achievement and laso(halfway through PoA) ive obtained almost all of the par score and times. So if you plan on ever doing those you may obtain the par score then

My newer 2 cents.
Hello everyone I bring an update.

So, I was watching a LASO guide for The Package, (Halo Completionist on YouTube) and he was playing with competitive scoring so I could see the multipliers in real time. At 20 minutes it was still at 3.00x, then as soon as it passed 20 minutes it RAPIDLY dropped to a 1.00x by 25 minutes. This is WAY faster of a drop than you usually get. By following the way every other level works you should NOT be at a 1.00x multiplier until the 40 minute mark, at which point you would also stop receiving points for kills.

Now, given that the multiplier is behaving differently to every other level here and also considering the fact that you don’t stop scoring points once the time multiplier is depleted like you would normally, I can conclude that this is glitched.

The good news is if you can play on Legendary with some skulls it’s still possible to achieve par without a time multiplier, or if you manage to finish in under 25 minutes you should still receive some kind of a bonus. However I genuinely believe this to be broken at this point. I have submitted a ticket to Halo Support so hopefully if we remain patient this will get resolved soon enough.
I have to agree with CptShort97, the time multiplier seems to be glitched. Drops to 1.00X a lot faster than it theoretically should. Also, is there a reason that several par scores have changed completely in the MCC compared to their original release counterparts? Reach is no exception to this masochism.
I have to agree with CptShort97, the time multiplier seems to be glitched. Drops to 1.00X a lot faster than it theoretically should. Also, is there a reason that several par scores have changed completely in the MCC compared to their original release counterparts? Reach is no exception to this masochism.
At least it’s not just me, thought I was going crazy lol.

A few par scores have changed yeah, although most of them were made easier I thought?
Some easier. Some much, much harder. For Reach alone 'Tip of the Spear' went from 15,000 to 30,000, 'Exodus' went from 10,000 to 30,000 and 'The Package' went from 15,000 to 65,000.

Still think Coastal Highway for ODST is the worst offender, from 60,000 to 90,000. Goes from doable solo while putting some effort in to 'everything must go 100% according to plan in less than 25 mins or start again.'
Some easier. Some much, much harder. For Reach alone 'Tip of the Spear' went from 15,000 to 30,000, 'Exodus' went from 10,000 to 30,000 and 'The Package' went from 15,000 to 65,000.

Still think Coastal Highway for ODST is the worst offender, from 60,000 to 90,000. Goes from doable solo while putting some effort in to 'everything must go 100% according to plan in less than 25 mins or start again.'
I didn't realize they adjusted any of the scores for anything.
CptShort97 wrote:
Hello everyone I bring an update.

So, I was watching a LASO guide for The Package, (Halo Completionist on YouTube) and he was playing with competitive scoring so I could see the multipliers in real time. At 20 minutes it was still at 3.00x, then as soon as it passed 20 minutes it RAPIDLY dropped to a 1.00x by 25 minutes. This is WAY faster of a drop than you usually get. By following the way every other level works you should NOT be at a 1.00x multiplier until the 40 minute mark, at which point you would also stop receiving points for kills.

Now, given that the multiplier is behaving differently to every other level here and also considering the fact that you don’t stop scoring points once the time multiplier is depleted like you would normally, I can conclude that this is glitched.

The good news is if you can play on Legendary with some skulls it’s still possible to achieve par without a time multiplier, or if you manage to finish in under 25 minutes you should still receive some kind of a bonus. However I genuinely believe this to be broken at this point. I have submitted a ticket to Halo Support so hopefully if we remain patient this will get resolved soon enough.
I came here for the same reason. Beat the game on legendary and only got a score of 37,850 for The Package. Finished just under 30 minutes with minimal deaths and destroyed vehicles where I could. This par score seems to be broken.
Same did it today, it drops way to quick plus it is a very high score compared to other missions , 343 need to sort it out
Play it with a friend lol . The scores stack.
got it doing heroic with 7 skulls active and with another player finished under the par time which gave me the time bonus.
The Package is one of the easiest missions to do on LASO, the only place where it's going to make a difference is inside Sword Base (not even hard anyway) or it's courtyard if you don't use a Revenant. Nothing can resist the Scorpion and the Wraith long enough.
The Package is one of the easiest missions to do on LASO, the only place where it's going to make a difference is inside Sword Base (not even hard anyway) or it's courtyard if you don't use a Revenant. Nothing can resist the Scorpion and the Wraith long enough.
I was surprised hiw easy it was compared to how hard I thought it would be
I was surprised hiw easy it was compared to how hard I thought it would be
Missions with a lot of vehicle action are easier on Reach (defeating all bad guys at least) than Halo 2 or 3... you no longer have to deploy the firepower to kill the driver to actually destroy his vehicle. On LASO, if you have the ammo and the time you can do it even if it takes a thousand of shots.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2