Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Package - Par Score trouble

OP CptShort97

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm glad I'm not the only one that is struggling getting the achievements for par score, I didn't realise that the scoring worked the way it did, I just thought that my score stopped because I died three times, although on 'Tip of the Spear' I have completed it in 8 minutes and not gotten the par time achievement (10mins par time).
I've had to do a few missions on legendary with many skulls and still only getting 2-5k below par score, does anyone know if the par score changes are permanent because it is genuinely annoying with the high par score and short par times, making me speed-run the missions.
This par score is literal garbage, why make a like a 200% increase to the score of the worst map ever designed on halo? Fix your broken pile of trash 343
I really struggled with this level as well. I played it on Heroic though and made sure to die as few times as possible and make sure I was closely within par time. I think that you get x3 for being within the par time, and x2 if you're over but within double the par time... (I think).

Either way, good luck! It's a tough one!
The only other thing I can think of is activating the Easter egg and spawning all those elites to help boost your score.
The only other thing I can think of is activating the Easter egg and spawning all those elites to help boost your score.
Did it today on second attempt, 2 people, Legendary, 3 scoring skulls on, fog, famine & thunderstorm, a quick but careful run & you should get it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2