Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The unofficial "Let us choose our servers" thread.

OP Darth Nint

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7
News about it ?
And here .. halo reach is out, and we are still forced to play on these -Yoinking!- American servers ... thank you 343
Jesus, they still haven't addressed this?

It's no coincidence Ive all but stopped playing multiplayer on Halo MCC. I guess they don't appreciate how awful the gameplay is when your ping is so high.

Pleasr let me chose my two euro servers with 30 ping, as opposed to being forced on an American server with 150 ping.
Not yet ! It's really sh it, we can not do anything!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
PUTAIN DE JEUDE CHIASSE !!! VAFENCULO 343
Aussie here. Can confirm. The lag is beyond a -Yoinking!- joke. -Yoink- 343i.
It is ridiculous that we cannot choose where to play. Never had a problem getting an Aussie game in Overwatch. It takes a little bit longer but is worth it. We need to be able to choose Oceanic servers. I will not buy Halo Infinite if nothing is done.
Xiphoss wrote:
It is ridiculous that we cannot choose where to play. Never had a problem getting an Aussie game in Overwatch. It takes a little bit longer but is worth it. We need to be able to choose Oceanic servers. I will not buy Halo Infinite if nothing is done.
I, also would rather wait a little bit longer and get a Aussie game. And same here. I wish I could could look foward to things 343 do. But, I just can't. All they seem to do is fail..
How is it, that 343i have had 4 attempts at Halo games and all of them have been horrific, I mean to some degree Halo 4 worked at least, but MCC 1.0, was a -Yoink- to put it lightly, guardians was rubbish and I kept getting U.S servers on it too, and now MCC 2.0 is out, and they STILL have completely IGNORED the entire Australian Halo community pleading with them, to let us use the aussie servers. It is beyond a joke now, I know my "flaming" will probably get me banned by the Stasi, but I am tired of 343i's complete and utter failure to deliver a finished, polished product, even when the product IS MADE ALREADY.

Dedicated servers don't work, it's obvious they have no idea how to make them work, just go back to P2P, as annoying as it was, at least I could play with Australians sometimes.

I'm sure they'll take action on this 2 years down the line when the entire Aussie community is dead and buried.
Glad to see this thread brought back to life, but yes, the fact that after all these months they are still PLANNING to include the option to choose local servers, instead of, you know, ACTUALLY IMPLEMENTING it, is beyond disappointing.
The new network model for Firefight, however, is very appreciated and matchmaking in that mode has never felt better! *thumbs up*
What's really annoying is the silence from 343i they know they have an issue, but they won't come out with an official statement. So much for transparency. Trying to play in the EU is nothing short of a joke when playing against US gamers on US servers.

I'm extremely frustrated with the situation, if 343i haven't realised why they are loosing non US players by now then there's little to no hope for Halo Infinite.
Postums mentioned awhile back that they're looking into it, but an update would be nice.
And the best you know what it is? I installed halo on PC from the Xbox game Store (free given that I own it on Xbox) And the, at each party, I fall on the European server, EACH TIME !!
WHY on the xbox it's not the same? Why PC searches are done in my region and not on Xbox ?? WHY !???? GIVE US A RESPONSE -Yoinking!- -Yoink- !! IT MAKES MORE THAN 6 MONTHS THAT WE EXPECT EXPLANATIONS !!!
LISTEN TO YOUR COMMUNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Is there anyway to actually get in contact with them properly?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
Spoiler:
Show
On xbox i see EU servers every time only in Hardcore.
On xbox i see EU servers every time only in Hardcore.
Nice to see the servers are coming online, just waiting for them to roll out across all playlists so the majority of players can have a great time playing Halo 👍
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
Spoiler:
Show
UK player here, almost exclusively forced to play on US East. I quit Halo a while back due to the same issue with Halo 5.

Disappointed it’s still a problem & equally distraught by the continued arrogance of 343i. Still no official word, no wonder the Xbox bombed in Europe.

Disgrace.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 7