Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

The Yappening Gametypes in Action Sack?

OP x N7 117 x

Me and my wife played The Yappening playlist last night and despite losing more matches than winning, we had a blast and a real fun time, especially Brute Shotters (my God, what chaos!). I would be really disappointed if these gametypes disappeared forever from matchmaking after the 24th, so I was wondering, and I don't know if the community agrees, if the gametypes should be moved to Action Sack afterwards. Unless there are already plans in place that I am not aware of?
x N7 117 x wrote:
Me and my wife played The Yappening playlist last night and despite losing more matches than winning, we had a blast and a real fun time, especially Brute Shotters (my God, what chaos!). I would be really disappointed if these gametypes disappeared forever from matchmaking after the 24th, so I was wondering, and I don't know if the community agrees, if the gametypes should be moved to Action Sack afterwards. Unless there are already plans in place?
Honestly, I really do hope they are moved to Action Sack, it would be a shame for them to leave the rotation all together.
Absolutely agree OP, Yappening playlist has been so much fun. Would love to see some of these game mode stick around for action sack or even rotating in every now and again.
I love the playlist as well, it's refreshing to see new content added. Hopefully if enough players voice their support it'll come back in one way or another.
I played a few games and absolutely hate it. The games were too chaotic to be fun imo.
I played a few games and absolutely hate it. The games were too chaotic to be fun imo.
That's understandable. I can certainly see why some players would dislike the playlist. I don't particularly like gametype where your ammo depletes faster (forgot the name of the skull). If you don't pay attention, the food nipple can hit the fan fast.
I would be down but what about the big team version? I loved the swat/fiesta/invisibility game mode.
I would be down but what about the big team version? I loved the swat/fiesta/invisibility game mode.
Nothing would have to change drastically, really — just the text description of the maximum players one can have in a party. If you have more than four players in the party, then the game would search for the big team version only. If you have four or less, then the game searches for all gametypes.

I should point out that this is all theory. Whether it can actually happen, I don't know.

Or, much like the Yappening playlist, you can select to search for either 8 vs. 8 or 4 vs. 4.
I hated the brute shots, I literally get shot before I was even born, lmao.
I really do like the other game modes and would hate to see them go...
Unfortunately I tend to agree. I am an unabashed filthy casual and normally love frantic, chaotic modes. But I tried this last night and it was a little too chaotic even for me.
With some tweaks, I can definitely see some of the modes getting added into Action Sack. Some maps are easy to break with the crazy physics, though, so I would suggest keeping those out. Here is what I think could be done:
  • Brute Shoot: As it stands, the mode feels too similar to "Troy", which already exists in Action Sack. Perhaps they could enable shields to compensate for the Boom skull and make the mode feel somewhat unique.
  • Yapyap's Ball Grab: The craziness of the physics needs to be toned down a bit for this one, I think. It seems as though both Sputnik and Feather are on, and both skulls have pretty much the same effect. One of the skulls should be turned off, and Gemini should be removed from rotation due to cheat spots.
  • Methane Moshpit: I don't really have much criticism for this one. The mode is basically the Super Smash Bros of Halo 2, and I love it. It works perfectly on Lockout. If there's a way to put Needlers on the map, I would suggest doing that. Besides that, though, this mode feels incredible.
  • Yappening Wargames: This mode just feels like a duplicate Fiesta mode with an overpowered Energy Sword (the Energy Sword has infinite ammo and is not affected by the Recession skull. I don't see much point in adding this to Action Sack.
  • Beamish Bonanza: I wasn't too sold on this mode. I think it would work better than BTB Fiesta, though.
I'm curious to hear what everybody things of his feedback. Do you agree with it? Do you think there are better alternatives that you can think of to replace some of these modes?