Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

There are two type of gamers that play this game

OP RetroMorso92

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Legacy9734 wrote:
One. Not really good enough at MP to get into it.
Yeah, I know, I have been playing this since 2015, and still cannot win.
Richnj wrote:
  1. I've done all of the campaigns both solo and cooperatively, multiple times, on all difficulties, across every generation. Including Halo Wars and ODST.
  2. I think I know more than your average gamer about the lore.
  3. I have watched guides (and originally, read guides).
  4. Don't have an account but I regularly use TrueAchievements and XboxAchievements. (I'm very interested in Achievements, I'm pushing for 200k this year, though I have lots on MCC I could do if I ever find the time).
  5. I prefer to use a mic, because what's the point in playing with someone when you can't talk to them. Either socially or strategically.
  6. I have worried about my rank, but only to be better than I was before.
  7. I've used EVA since Halo 3 and will continued to do so (and like I said I've played the campaign just for the campaign with every release)
  8. I love BTB and Halo 3.
  9. We always start our own little gaming group clan. Don't need or want strangers to carry me.
  10. I've been a Halo fans since Halo CE, but not quite day one. Have definitely spent copious amounts of hours playing Halo long before Halo 3 and the XB360. As is evident in my profile.
  11. Don't watch eSports, or know who the teams are (though I am aware of some of the high profile players from back during the height of Halo 3's MLG days), don't watch competitive shooters on Mixer or Twitch.
  12. I use to play customs with friends. Now we come to Halo for the matchmaking, and play something else when we want a change of pace.
As with everything else in my life, from which generation I was born in and whether or not I'm a first or second child, I'm caught between two worlds.

Where would you place me?
I would say that you are an “achievement hunter” that plays with friends casually
Panno92 wrote:
The first one describes me at 100%! I bought the MCC only to play the campaign and discover the complete story, for the multiplayer I have Halo 5
Same, I didn’t liked to story of Halo 5, but the multiplayer is really good
I'm a mix of both, everything thing in category 1 is definitely me except not playing with a mic and I care about my stats but if I never get to onyx I won't cry about it. I just love all halo games but some are better than others in some places.
Wow, you’re diamond in Halo 5, and you almost have all the achievements on MCC. You really are a mix of both 😲
1 definately. I'm not fond on how the matchmaking works in mcc, much less can I find a game. It doesn't phase me too much though as I have 4-5 amazing campaigns to play though. For me Halo should be campaign first and multiplayer second, it's what hooked me back in the days of CE, and thats why I find myself time and time again returning to mcc.
I'm a mix of both, everything thing in category 1 is definitely me except not playing with a mic and I care about my stats but if I never get to onyx I won't cry about it. I just love all halo games but some are better than others in some places.
Wow, you’re diamond in Halo 5, and you almost have all the achievements on MCC. You really are a mix of both 😲
Yeah I love getting Halo achievements because there so much fun and that 💎 was from way back when my friends were playing alot with me, these days I'm only a high level gold because I play solo.
I’m a mix of one and two. Just haven’t been playing Halo since day 1.
You forgot about the -Yoinks!- that only vote Halo 3
So, there are two type of gamers that play this game:

1). Campaign: Has 90% of completion, have done most of the campaigns by himself, knows a lot of Halo lore, watch YouTube guides, has an account in True Achievements, and prefer not to use mic when playing with someone

2). Multiplayer: Worries about rank (reason why they are very selective), only play campaign to get “Helioskrill” in Halo 5, love to play BTB and Halo 3 (consider it the best Halo game ever), joins a clan or Spartan Company, says that he is a Halo fan since day one, supports favorite e-sport team and watch other people play on Mixer, and play customs with friends

Which one best describes you? 🙂
Definitely both, I’m passionate about Lore and my Rank ;)
I just love playing MCC. It's great to be able to play Halo CE and Halo 2 online again
You forgot about the -Yoinks!- that only vote Halo 3
Nah, I also thought about them. It’s OK to like Halo 3, but it’s definitely wrong being a jerk with teammates if Halo 3 doesn’t gets voted. Also sending insulting messages, trash talking, and leaving in the middle of a match are characteristics of “annoying kids.”
I just love playing MCC. It's great to be able to play Halo CE and Halo 2 online again
LOL, you’re “Kaio-Sama” from Halo! Highest ranks in previous games, Onix in H5, and having many achievements 😲 Do you play in HCS?
Hahaha I'm definitely 1. I enjoy the multiplayer from time to time. If this "fixing" fixes multiplayer a little more, I'll jump in there more.
Grub Xer0 wrote:
You forgot another type, teamkiller. Teamkilling is pretty funny.
Same, and I usually give out more t-bags than Lipton in a warzone match. LMFAO
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
LOL, you’re “Kaio-Sama” from Halo! Highest ranks in previous games, Onix in H5, and having many achievements 😲 Do you play in HCS?
lol who? I do not play in HCS. I haven't played in a professional game of Halo since 2005
I'm a campaign completionist for sure lol
but I still play all multiplayer games, use to be very competitive and high rank in the Halo 2 and 3 days, but play more casually now
Grub Xer0 wrote:
You forgot another type, teamkiller. Teamkilling is pretty funny.
and pretty annoying
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
There are two more types of gamers that are most prevalent in multiplayer:

1. Players that play any of the FOUR halo matchmaking playlists
  2. Players that CONSTANTY vote halo 3 in BTB or Team slayer
I know everybody considers it the best halo game but yeesh.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3