Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

There needs to be a rule on full teams in BTB

OP Swole Kirby

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 13
Bobross343 wrote:
Solos should match solos. Parties should match parties. Simple as that. Not finding a match in a team of 8? Shrink down to 4 or 5. I bet there is another party of 4 or 5 searching at all times.
No the whole point is to not have random idiots on your team. Don’t be that selfish to tell people that play in parties go play another game or split up. That’s how you make long time fans leave. Mcc is about the classic fans no the h4 and 5 fans
If the games stays in this state. All the players will leave because of unfair matching and then all the parties will be forced to play each other and then they will be humbled
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/clans-raiding-social/4ff1fbe2-1f73-4d63-9e0e-148de2966c6a/postsKeep seeing the same topics about this pop up. Here's one from early February.
And as for forming your own team, whats the point? You wouldnt match other teams anyway, maybe rarely.
Thats because teams dont wanna play teams in social because they would have to try. Seriously that was people complaint. Like they dont try every game in the first place. They just want easy games. If I search solo I match parties over and over. If I search in a team i match solos. Its as backwards as it can get
So parties have to hope other players are also parties up to get games or gt hell out and play other games?
Bobross343 wrote:
Solos should match solos. Parties should match parties. Simple as that. Not finding a match in a team of 8? Shrink down to 4 or 5. I bet there is another party of 4 or 5 searching at all times.
No the whole point is to not have random idiots on your team. Don’t be that selfish to tell people that play in parties go play another game or split up. That’s how you make long time fans leave. Mcc is about the classic fans no the h4 and 5 fans
If the games stays in this state. All the players will leave because of unfair matching and then all the parties will be forced to play each other and then they will be humbled
The players with no spines to team up yeah but we don’t want those people
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Dude you are becoming a broken record. The current population is too low for strict team matching. You have 2 options get a team together have more fun, or quit complaining and avoid team games. Solo players are no more special than parties up players. Both players have the right to play, one isn’t more special than the other. Forcing teams to split is a one way ticket to those players moving on to another game and making the population even smaller. You cannot tell a party of 8 that they cannot play matchmaking because there’s barely a population.
Bobross343 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Dude you are becoming a broken record. The current population is too low for strict team matching. You have 2 options get a team together have more fun, or quit complaining and avoid team games. Solo players are no more special than parties up players. Both players have the right to play, one isn’t more special than the other. Forcing teams to split is a one way ticket to those players moving on to another game and making the population even smaller. You cannot tell a party of 8 that they cannot play matchmaking because there’s barely a population.
Never said they can't but they should at least have to wait to try and match another party. I have very little sympathy towards people who party up just to abuse the lack of party matching.
Bobross343 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Dude you are becoming a broken record. The current population is too low for strict team matching. You have 2 options get a team together have more fun, or quit complaining and avoid team games. Solo players are no more special than parties up players. Both players have the right to play, one isn’t more special than the other. Forcing teams to split is a one way ticket to those players moving on to another game and making the population even smaller. You cannot tell a party of 8 that they cannot play matchmaking because there’s barely a population.
Never said they can't but they should at least have to wait to try and match another party. I have very little sympathy towards people who party up just to abuse the lack of party matching.
Playing as a group and playing what we get instead of dashboarding and getting quit banned isn’t abusing the system. Hunting down teams is a waste of time and Jaír isn’t fun nor is there enough teams.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Dude you are becoming a broken record. The current population is too low for strict team matching. You have 2 options get a team together have more fun, or quit complaining and avoid team games. Solo players are no more special than parties up players. Both players have the right to play, one isn’t more special than the other. Forcing teams to split is a one way ticket to those players moving on to another game and making the population even smaller. You cannot tell a party of 8 that they cannot play matchmaking because there’s barely a population.
Never said they can't but they should at least have to wait to try and match another party. I have very little sympathy towards people who party up just to abuse the lack of party matching.
Playing as a group and playing what we get instead of dashboarding and getting quit banned isn’t abusing the system. Hunting down teams is a waste of time and Jaír isn’t fun nor is there enough teams.
If your group is winning way to much with huge score differences then the game needs to find a way to match you to more your groups level. Just letting a team go uncontested forever is just terrible game balance.

I'm in the camp where your wins start to climb above the 60%-70% mark you're either near pro level, working the system, or the game isn't matching you properly.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Dude you are becoming a broken record. The current population is too low for strict team matching. You have 2 options get a team together have more fun, or quit complaining and avoid team games. Solo players are no more special than parties up players. Both players have the right to play, one isn’t more special than the other. Forcing teams to split is a one way ticket to those players moving on to another game and making the population even smaller. You cannot tell a party of 8 that they cannot play matchmaking because there’s barely a population.
Never said they can't but they should at least have to wait to try and match another party. I have very little sympathy towards people who party up just to abuse the lack of party matching.
Playing as a group and playing what we get instead of dashboarding and getting quit banned isn’t abusing the system. Hunting down teams is a waste of time and Jaír isn’t fun nor is there enough teams.
If your group is winning way to much with huge score differences then the game needs to find a way to match you to more your groups level. Just letting a team go uncontested forever is just terrible game balance.

I'm in the camp where your wins start to climb above the 60%-70% mark you're either near pro level, working the system, or the game isn't matching you properly.
So Because the team is good they deserve long que times? Singling the good players out would only encourage sandbagging to lower hidden ranks. You are talking modern warfare the sbmm in that game is stupid if you are any good at all you get only sweaty games..... so people sandbag. Or use alt accounts to get around that.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Dude you are becoming a broken record. The current population is too low for strict team matching. You have 2 options get a team together have more fun, or quit complaining and avoid team games. Solo players are no more special than parties up players. Both players have the right to play, one isn’t more special than the other. Forcing teams to split is a one way ticket to those players moving on to another game and making the population even smaller. You cannot tell a party of 8 that they cannot play matchmaking because there’s barely a population.
Never said they can't but they should at least have to wait to try and match another party. I have very little sympathy towards people who party up just to abuse the lack of party matching.
Playing as a group and playing what we get instead of dashboarding and getting quit banned isn’t abusing the system. Hunting down teams is a waste of time and Jaír isn’t fun nor is there enough teams.
If your group is winning way to much with huge score differences then the game needs to find a way to match you to more your groups level. Just letting a team go uncontested forever is just terrible game balance.

I'm in the camp where your wins start to climb above the 60%-70% mark you're either near pro level, working the system, or the game isn't matching you properly.
So Because the team is good they deserve long que times? Singling the good players out would only encourage sandbagging to lower hidden ranks. You are talking modern warfare the sbmm in that game is stupid if you are any good at all you get only sweaty games..... so people sandbag
Not saying that system is even close to perfect and in a agame like cod it's kinda pointless to have something like SBMM, in Halo there should be some attempt at matching teams to similar skill and size. A bit longer search time is common when searching in big parties, even in og reach it took longer to find a match to balance the party sizes.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Dude you are becoming a broken record. The current population is too low for strict team matching. You have 2 options get a team together have more fun, or quit complaining and avoid team games. Solo players are no more special than parties up players. Both players have the right to play, one isn’t more special than the other. Forcing teams to split is a one way ticket to those players moving on to another game and making the population even smaller. You cannot tell a party of 8 that they cannot play matchmaking because there’s barely a population.
Never said they can't but they should at least have to wait to try and match another party. I have very little sympathy towards people who party up just to abuse the lack of party matching.
Playing as a group and playing what we get instead of dashboarding and getting quit banned isn’t abusing the system. Hunting down teams is a waste of time and Jaír isn’t fun nor is there enough teams.
If your group is winning way to much with huge score differences then the game needs to find a way to match you to more your groups level. Just letting a team go uncontested forever is just terrible game balance.

I'm in the camp where your wins start to climb above the 60%-70% mark you're either near pro level, working the system, or the game isn't matching you properly.
So Because the team is good they deserve long que times? Singling the good players out would only encourage sandbagging to lower hidden ranks. You are talking modern warfare the sbmm in that game is stupid if you are any good at all you get only sweaty games..... so people sandbag
Not saying that system is even close to perfect and in a agame like cod it's kinda pointless to have something like SBMM, in Halo there should be some attempt at matching teams to similar skill and size. A bit longer search time is common when searching in big parties, even in og reach it took longer to find a match to balance the party sizes.
With games with decent populations is feasible but the population is split 5 ways... that won’t work
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Dude you are becoming a broken record. The current population is too low for strict team matching. You have 2 options get a team together have more fun, or quit complaining and avoid team games. Solo players are no more special than parties up players. Both players have the right to play, one isn’t more special than the other. Forcing teams to split is a one way ticket to those players moving on to another game and making the population even smaller. You cannot tell a party of 8 that they cannot play matchmaking because there’s barely a population.
Never said they can't but they should at least have to wait to try and match another party. I have very little sympathy towards people who party up just to abuse the lack of party matching.
Playing as a group and playing what we get instead of dashboarding and getting quit banned isn’t abusing the system. Hunting down teams is a waste of time and Jaír isn’t fun nor is there enough teams.
If your group is winning way to much with huge score differences then the game needs to find a way to match you to more your groups level. Just letting a team go uncontested forever is just terrible game balance.

I'm in the camp where your wins start to climb above the 60%-70% mark you're either near pro level, working the system, or the game isn't matching you properly.
So Because the team is good they deserve long que times? Singling the good players out would only encourage sandbagging to lower hidden ranks. You are talking modern warfare the sbmm in that game is stupid if you are any good at all you get only sweaty games..... so people sandbag
Not saying that system is even close to perfect and in a agame like cod it's kinda pointless to have something like SBMM, in Halo there should be some attempt at matching teams to similar skill and size. A bit longer search time is common when searching in big parties, even in og reach it took longer to find a match to balance the party sizes.
With games with decent populations is feasible but the population is split 5 ways... that won’t work
I'm not saying a hard requirement for a team to match a team. But the game needs to at least look for another party. If the system took a minute to look and finds nothing then have it look for smaller groups and just match normally. I'm not saying that if there are no other parties for the game to have you sit in the lobby indefinitely.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Dude you are becoming a broken record. The current population is too low for strict team matching. You have 2 options get a team together have more fun, or quit complaining and avoid team games. Solo players are no more special than parties up players. Both players have the right to play, one isn’t more special than the other. Forcing teams to split is a one way ticket to those players moving on to another game and making the population even smaller. You cannot tell a party of 8 that they cannot play matchmaking because there’s barely a population.
Never said they can't but they should at least have to wait to try and match another party. I have very little sympathy towards people who party up just to abuse the lack of party matching.
Playing as a group and playing what we get instead of dashboarding and getting quit banned isn’t abusing the system. Hunting down teams is a waste of time and Jaír isn’t fun nor is there enough teams.
If your group is winning way to much with huge score differences then the game needs to find a way to match you to more your groups level. Just letting a team go uncontested forever is just terrible game balance.

I'm in the camp where your wins start to climb above the 60%-70% mark you're either near pro level, working the system, or the game isn't matching you properly.
So Because the team is good they deserve long que times? Singling the good players out would only encourage sandbagging to lower hidden ranks. You are talking modern warfare the sbmm in that game is stupid if you are any good at all you get only sweaty games..... so people sandbag
Not saying that system is even close to perfect and in a agame like cod it's kinda pointless to have something like SBMM, in Halo there should be some attempt at matching teams to similar skill and size. A bit longer search time is common when searching in big parties, even in og reach it took longer to find a match to balance the party sizes.
With games with decent populations is feasible but the population is split 5 ways... that won’t work
I'm not saying a hard requirement for a team to match a team. But the game needs to at least look for another party. If the system took a minute to look and finds nothing then have it look for smaller groups and just match normally. I'm not saying that if there are no other parties for the game to have you sit in the lobby indefinitely.
It kinda would knowing 343 like h5
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Dude you are becoming a broken record. The current population is too low for strict team matching. You have 2 options get a team together have more fun, or quit complaining and avoid team games. Solo players are no more special than parties up players. Both players have the right to play, one isn’t more special than the other. Forcing teams to split is a one way ticket to those players moving on to another game and making the population even smaller. You cannot tell a party of 8 that they cannot play matchmaking because there’s barely a population.
Never said they can't but they should at least have to wait to try and match another party. I have very little sympathy towards people who party up just to abuse the lack of party matching.
Playing as a group and playing what we get instead of dashboarding and getting quit banned isn’t abusing the system. Hunting down teams is a waste of time and Jaír isn’t fun nor is there enough teams.
If your group is winning way to much with huge score differences then the game needs to find a way to match you to more your groups level. Just letting a team go uncontested forever is just terrible game balance.

I'm in the camp where your wins start to climb above the 60%-70% mark you're either near pro level, working the system, or the game isn't matching you properly.
So Because the team is good they deserve long que times? Singling the good players out would only encourage sandbagging to lower hidden ranks. You are talking modern warfare the sbmm in that game is stupid if you are any good at all you get only sweaty games..... so people sandbag
Not saying that system is even close to perfect and in a agame like cod it's kinda pointless to have something like SBMM, in Halo there should be some attempt at matching teams to similar skill and size. A bit longer search time is common when searching in big parties, even in og reach it took longer to find a match to balance the party sizes.
With games with decent populations is feasible but the population is split 5 ways... that won’t work
I'm not saying a hard requirement for a team to match a team. But the game needs to at least look for another party. If the system took a minute to look and finds nothing then have it look for smaller groups and just match normally. I'm not saying that if there are no other parties for the game to have you sit in the lobby indefinitely.
It kinda would knowing 343 like h5
I definitely understand the hesitation with the track record of this game.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Willko wrote:
Making a separation between full teams and non-full teams may work for H3 and Reach. But, the populations for the other games just aren't high enough. I often play in a full team(or at least mostly full) for Halo CE because I simply often have too many friends online to do 4v4. As much as I would love it if we could come up against more full teams in order to have competitive matches, it just doesn't happen very much. I'll often go an entire night without getting to play against another full team.
Or split up your party and search at the same time. Or doing you not really want the challenge you just say you do?
I'm not going to not play with my friends just because other people can't get enough friends together to form a team. Besides, if we split up the party and search 4v4 instead, then we're right back to where we started with our teams of 4 getting matched up against randoms.
The problem is not nearly as bad in a 4vs4 match. And even if a team is locked down the match does not last nearly as long as a BTB game.
Dude you are becoming a broken record. The current population is too low for strict team matching. You have 2 options get a team together have more fun, or quit complaining and avoid team games. Solo players are no more special than parties up players. Both players have the right to play, one isn’t more special than the other. Forcing teams to split is a one way ticket to those players moving on to another game and making the population even smaller. You cannot tell a party of 8 that they cannot play matchmaking because there’s barely a population.
Never said they can't but they should at least have to wait to try and match another party. I have very little sympathy towards people who party up just to abuse the lack of party matching.
Playing as a group and playing what we get instead of dashboarding and getting quit banned isn’t abusing the system. Hunting down teams is a waste of time and Jaír isn’t fun nor is there enough teams.
If your group is winning way to much with huge score differences then the game needs to find a way to match you to more your groups level. Just letting a team go uncontested forever is just terrible game balance.

I'm in the camp where your wins start to climb above the 60%-70% mark you're either near pro level, working the system, or the game isn't matching you properly.
So Because the team is good they deserve long que times? Singling the good players out would only encourage sandbagging to lower hidden ranks. You are talking modern warfare the sbmm in that game is stupid if you are any good at all you get only sweaty games..... so people sandbag
Not saying that system is even close to perfect and in a agame like cod it's kinda pointless to have something like SBMM, in Halo there should be some attempt at matching teams to similar skill and size. A bit longer search time is common when searching in big parties, even in og reach it took longer to find a match to balance the party sizes.
With games with decent populations is feasible but the population is split 5 ways... that won’t work
I'm not saying a hard requirement for a team to match a team. But the game needs to at least look for another party. If the system took a minute to look and finds nothing then have it look for smaller groups and just match normally. I'm not saying that if there are no other parties for the game to have you sit in the lobby indefinitely.
It kinda would knowing 343 like h5
I definitely understand the hesitation with the track record of this game.
Yeah..... no trust they ignored the game for 4 years. Leaving it as is. Is the right direction
It's interesting that people who never search solo don't support party matching, while players that search solo (at least sometimes) do. It's almost as if searching in a party of selectively-chosen players in a team-based playlist conveys an advantage, and furthermore that players who have such an advantage don't want to lose it...

As someone else already linked (How Party Matching (or lack thereof) Affects Matchmaking in Halo), the lack of party matching has a profound effect on matchmaking. I won't paraphrase everything and would recommend watching the video, but one quote does seem very applicable: "What the lack of party matching tells people is if they don't have friends, don't play."

Left unsaid is that the lack of party matching disproportionately favors habitual/dedicated players while putting newer players or just players without direct connections to others on the game at a disadvantage. There are a lot of players who don't have others to play with, and may not have the time to find others to play with.

This isn't 2006 anymore, and Halo is no longer on top of the console FPS market. Player retention is a serious problem, and I would think that 343i would be concerned about it.

If they aren't willing to add party matching to the social playlists, then they might as well remove the quit ban. It's not going to keep people in ridiculously-lopsided match-ups.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Limiting the party size doesn't work as seen with H5 and it goes against what big team battle was made for. The current system in place will never create an even match which is why they need either partial or full team matching although I don't think there are enough teams for that to work or they need a better matching system like TS2 for example.
Goes against what it was made for? Big parties locking down a team for kill farming doesn't sound like what it was made for.
That's where you're wrong, dude, because that's exactly what it's made for. ;)
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Limiting the party size doesn't work as seen with H5 and it goes against what big team battle was made for. The current system in place will never create an even match which is why they need either partial or full team matching although I don't think there are enough teams for that to work or they need a better matching system like TS2 for example.
Goes against what it was made for? Big parties locking down a team for kill farming doesn't sound like what it was made for.
That's where you're wrong, dude, because that's exactly what it's made for. ;)
Lol why would you let your enemy take the flag or plant the bomb that’s stupid. You don’t do pity captures
It's interesting that people who never search solo don't support party matching, while players that search solo (at least sometimes) do. It's almost as if searching in a party of selectively-chosen players in a team-based playlist conveys an advantage, and furthermore that players who have such an advantage don't want to lose it...

[...]
You have it backwards. We're not gaining an advantage by teaming up in a team-based game. The way I see it, we're the ones playing the game correctly. Players choosing to play a team-based game without a team are putting themselves at a disadvantage. That's on them. I encourage every solo player to start searching with teammates and stop putting themselves at such a disadvantage.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 13