Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

There needs to be a rule on full teams in BTB

OP Swole Kirby

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13
Willko wrote:
It's interesting that people who never search solo don't support party matching, while players that search solo (at least sometimes) do. It's almost as if searching in a party of selectively-chosen players in a team-based playlist conveys an advantage, and furthermore that players who have such an advantage don't want to lose it...

[...]
You have it backwards. We're not gaining an advantage by teaming up in a team-based game. The way I see it, we're the ones playing the game correctly. Players choosing to play a team-based game without a team are putting themselves at a disadvantage. That's on them. I encourage every solo player to start searching with teammates and stop putting themselves at such a disadvantage.
Oh no doubt, my issue is that teams dont match
Willko wrote:
It's interesting that people who never search solo don't support party matching, while players that search solo (at least sometimes) do. It's almost as if searching in a party of selectively-chosen players in a team-based playlist conveys an advantage, and furthermore that players who have such an advantage don't want to lose it...

[...]
You have it backwards. We're not gaining an advantage by teaming up in a team-based game. The way I see it, we're the ones playing the game correctly. Players choosing to play a team-based game without a team are putting themselves at a disadvantage. That's on them. I encourage every solo player to start searching with teammates and stop putting themselves at such a disadvantage.
You have a better time playing halo with people you want to play with vs random people with no mics and play like crap
Bobross343 wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Limiting the party size doesn't work as seen with H5 and it goes against what big team battle was made for. The current system in place will never create an even match which is why they need either partial or full team matching although I don't think there are enough teams for that to work or they need a better matching system like TS2 for example.
Goes against what it was made for? Big parties locking down a team for kill farming doesn't sound like what it was made for.
That's where you're wrong, dude, because that's exactly what it's made for. ;)
Lol why would you let your enemy take the flag or plant the bomb that’s stupid. You don’t do pity captures
No idea what you're replying to. I was just joking that the point of BTB as it's set up now is for farming kills. I never implied anything about giving the enemy team "pity captures."
Willko wrote:
It's interesting that people who never search solo don't support party matching, while players that search solo (at least sometimes) do. It's almost as if searching in a party of selectively-chosen players in a team-based playlist conveys an advantage, and furthermore that players who have such an advantage don't want to lose it...

[...]
You have it backwards. We're not gaining an advantage by teaming up in a team-based game. The way I see it, we're the ones playing the game correctly. Players choosing to play a team-based game without a team are putting themselves at a disadvantage. That's on them. I encourage every solo player to start searching with teammates and stop putting themselves at such a disadvantage.
You might be right if only players who already had parties were allowed to register for multiplayer, and searching solo were then an option. In that case, they would be putting themselves at a disadvantage. However, that's not the case. Players don't inherently start out with a party, and furthermore, there's nothing explicitly in the game that requires a party. Furthermore, don't confuse team-based with party-based. Remember, Bungie both H2 and H3 had party-matching in all ranked playlists because Bungie understood that it was only fair to match parties against other parties of the same size. That's not to say that MCC BTB should be ranked, but it is insightful about the nature of parties in team-based games. You're absolutely gaining an advantage by partying up with a chosen team of other players rather than searching and getting whatever random teammates the matchmaking system assigns to you.

Also, it's not really realistic to expect solo players to find party teammates, especially on a thinly-populated game in a dying franchise. The Halo player base numbers have gone through the floor, and expecting new players to develop those connections isn't going to motivate them to stay. Solo players aren't putting themselves at a disadvantage; players joining a party are gaining an advantage.
TBH, the lesser evil is to have party restrictions. It's been proven in H5 that a stacked party of four can cause twenty players per hour to leave the game for the night which I'd bet could also apply to this situation. It's not completely fair for parties, but if they're causing people to leave the game entirely which would only help lower the population even more then it's beneficial to the overall player base to implement them.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
TBH, the lesser evil is to have party restrictions. It's been proven in H5 that a stacked party of four can cause twenty players per hour to leave the game for the night which I'd bet could also apply to this situation. It's not completely fair for parties, but if they're causing people to leave the game entirely which would only help lower the population even more then it's beneficial to the overall player base to implement them.
In h5 my buddies have sat in BTB in que for 10 mins before giving up and going back to mcc. Telling parties they cannot play because they play together is wrong
Bobross343 wrote:
Telling parties they cannot play because they play together is wrong
That's not saying they can't play, but they just have to wait until they match another party or they can also implement a wait time until they can match solo players like 3 minutes for example. There's not really an easy solution because there's also lesser skilled parties which will likely get caught up in it, but if the top skilled parties are causing players to leave, then the playlist's population health should be the top priority. If not, then things will likely stay the same.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Telling parties they cannot play because they play together is wrong
That's not saying they can't play, but they just have to wait until they match another party or they can also implement a wait time until they can match solo players like 3 minutes for example. There's not really an easy solution because there's also lesser skilled parties which will likely get caught up in it, but if the top skilled parties are causing players to leave, then the playlist's population health should be the top priority. If not, then things will likely stay the same.
I know a lot of people who play in parties who avoid h5. If you play with a party it’s going to A. Take forever and B. Be a MLG social sweatfest. Mcc is neither of those things for teams. Solo players are no more special than players teamed. Most people don’t want sweaty MLG games 99% of the time. It’s why smurfing is really relevant in games like modern warfare or h5. It’s the only way to get non sweaty games with a team.... using new accounts with no mmr
Matching with parties is a severe problem. Back in the days I used to play solo but now, due to the current situation, I only run matchmaking with a full team of friends.
Result is: 99% of the time we crush the opponent team made of poor solo players, and I'm really not a big fan of this because the game become boring for us and frustrating for the opposite team.
And I am sure that a lot of players nowadays (including me) prefer playing other games (when solo) instead of Halo which is a really frustrating experience right now.
So at the end of the game population keeps shrinking because beginners get crushed without the possibility to learn the game (and rightfully quit Halo), more experienced players don't run solo anyways and playing in a full teams makes the experience boring.
You play other games that have the same issue so not sure what can be done when excluding players tends to make the populations lower.
You understand it was like this on 360 right? A lot of clans, especially Sangheili and UNSC have been around since Halo 2. It is one of their main activities.
Sometimes matching a team as a solo player is fun, it just requires some luck. It's all about the teammates you get, they have to all participate which is rare. Just not having quitters on the team is the biggest advantage full teams have. They don't even have to be particularly skilled to win 95% of their games. So many times I have had teammates quit on me when the game is tied half way through the game. Then suddenly there's more pressure on everyone else and it's even more difficult to hold the tie. There are just so many toxic solo players out there. Quitters, betrayers, AFKs, trolls, stat padders etc. The odds of getting one these clowns on your team is almost guaranteed. Solve the problem of toxic solo players and the full party problem is solved too. You can't be farmed if you have 7 teammates actually playing the game, or at the very least it would happen a lot less!
I am an advocate for parties matching parties. Maybe not as extreme as eights only match eights, but they defiantly shouldn't match eight solo's. I get that some people say it would make matchmaking take too long on lesser played halo's, but if I really want to play H2 BTB i'll wait the premium to get a good match.
You understand it was like this on 360 right? A lot of clans, especially Sangheili and UNSC have been around since Halo 2. It is one of their main activities.
It doesn't mean that the matchmaking couldn't be better. Tradition is just the last bad idea.
Having party restrictions could work in the sense of 8v8, 12v12 etc.
However doing that at this point in the games lifespan will probably cause more issues in the grand scheme of things.
It’ll likely leave players in longer wait times between matches or repeatedly playing the same groups over and over again.
I know it might suck occasionally but right now with the population the current system is probably the best option
TheDonCJG wrote:
Having party restrictions could work in the sense of 8v8, 12v12 etc.
However doing that at this point in the games lifespan will probably cause more issues in the grand scheme of things.
It’ll likely leave players in longer wait times between matches or repeatedly playing the same groups over and over again.
I know it might suck occasionally but right now with the population the current system is probably the best option
It would be optimal to try for a min to try to match a team. But if it fails in 1 min to do so it should match whoever. Strict matching won’t work, the population is split 5 ways.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bypass the profanity filter or call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I don’t have any alternate accounts, I only farm your group of 8 that farms randoms and uses vulgar language in game chat against randoms.

I know many groups that run Halo CE games and your name is always brought up amongst them we all get along well except with your group with your toxic behavior, language and farming kills in Objective game ( capping two flags and not scoring the third)

Im open to doing Customs your 8 vs my 8. It’s hard to match you these days since you scurry off to another game when we try to match your group and you appear offline.
@Quiet leviathan
@MasterCh1ef87
You need to stream this
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13