Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Thoughts on adding Mayhem 8v8 to other games

OP Omisake

Played a few games of the new playlist Mayhem 8v8 playlist for Halo 1. And let me just say thank you. Seriously, it's so much fun and so chaotic (yeah, duh, hence the name) and I would absolutely LOVE it if we could have it added to the rest of the Halo games. I mean 8v8 Slayer on Guardian? 1 Flag CTF on High Ground in BTB? King of the Hill on Narrows? Sign me the hell up right now. I've played these gametypes in maps already in custom games with 16 people and it's far and away some of the most fun I've had playing Halo. And this goes for Halo 2 (Anniversary and Classic) as well as Halo 4 but I just mentioned Halo 3 examples there because it's easily my favourite.

How do you guys feel about it being on the rest of the games?
I tried to play this this morning and couldn't find the playlist. I was using match composer, switched it to 8v8 custom and there was no Social Mayhem playlist. Was I looking for it in the wrong place? I've been wanting this for a long time and am super pumped to try it out. Only I can't find it lol. Maybe I need to let my box update or something. I would be okay with it other games too, but it might not work quite as well. The quick kill times in HCE I think work better for small maps and chaos.
I tried to play this this morning and couldn't find the playlist. I was using match composer, switched it to 8v8 custom and there was no Social Mayhem playlist. Was I looking for it in the wrong place? I've been wanting this for a long time and am super pumped to try it out. Only I can't find it lol. Maybe I need to let my box update or something. I would be okay with it other games too, but it might not work quite as well. The quick kill times in HCE I think work better for small maps and chaos.
Select BTB, Halo CE Only and have Action Sack Selected.
It doesn’t have its own preset just because it’s Halo 1 only. So you gotta go into 8v8, select Halo 1, and then pick Action Sack under game categories.
If you want Mayhem H2 modes or whatever, this is how you do it:

1. Find a member of the H2 community (or whatever game) who represents most/all of the community. Someone 343 can trust as well as the playerbase. I sought out Hard Way because he submitted the 4v4 playlist.

2. Create a list of twenty gametypes with this person that y'all think would be good.

3. (The hard part) get a custom games lobby together that represents the skill levels seen in social match making. You'll want players ranging from elite to newbie. A nice mix from top to bottom. Try to balance the teams. Record the matches.

4. Run your custom games and record them. Many will probably be worse than you expected, and there will be some unexpected gems.

5. Cull the list down to 11 gametypes. Debate amongst yourselves about how well the games will play in match making.

6. Submit video, game settings, and descriptions of your playlist to 343. If it's well done, they may accept it. You MUST test these gametypes.
Thanks guys. I didn't realize it was under the action sack playlist. I need to do a better job of reading lol.
What is HCE Mayhem?
What is HCE Mayhem?
It's an 8v8 playlist that was submitted to 343, created by the CE community (see my post history). 343 altered some of the gametypes and there are a few duds in there now as a result, but for the most part the playlist is still fun. Check out this weeks playlist updates for the current gametypes, and check my post history for the gametypes that were submitted.
What is HCE Mayhem?
Essentially BTB on 4v4 maps.
Rarely respond to posts but signed in for this. Yes, yes I would love to see mayhem in Halo 2 and Halo 3 <3