Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Thoughts on no voting or cross-game playlists?

OP Weesee I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I personally despise this no voting idea and feel like it's just a lazy solution to a problem. I feel like no voting COULD work in some playlists, but if they're going to have ranked playlists like they do now, those should have voting, or at least remove the objective gamemodes and keep them in the social playlists (assuming they go with this format, which is likely). At this point though, I doubt that's going to happen.

I'm also not on board with just removing cross-game playlists. Again, it seems like a lazy solution to an idea, but I'm hopeful they're going to allow us to search for a specific game in a general playlist (like BTB), as opposed to just having a single BTB playlist for a single game.
I hope it doesn't affect casual playlists like infection. Otherwise, I welcome both changes. Will I like them? I don't know, but soon we'll know.
It's still not going to stop the halo 3 crybabies from quitting when the game isn't halo 3. Give them their own playlist, we don't like to play with most of them anyways. It would be nice if the original halo 3 was backwards compatible and had servers up and running then they would be happy with h3 every game... oh wait.
The voting system is going to be removed per the update blog yes that's a fact. Further down if you look at the whole post you'll get a clear explanation of what the details are. The statement says pretty much people will know what game their getting to avoid dashboarding and quitting. This sounds like individual playlists to me. You really can't randomize what game people get in a match when the statement says to cut back on quitting were letting people know their getting the game they want. Now population is what matters and I'm sure more CE , 2 and 4 players will come back to the MCC when this is implemented. If not why not fall back to the fail safe plan which is either a splitting of playlists( H3 its own btw) or a TitanFall 2 esque lobby where you select what game(s) you want to play in a cross game playlist and match up against similar people. Finally expect a Halo 5 esque quit penalty system to curtail quitting in the MCC. Some of the responses here wow people need to calm down and wait for my info to come out before posting the same stuff over and over.
Voting for Halo 3 games all day every.day isnt fun. Im glad theres no voting option now.
Look just eliminate cross playlists altogether. Its not even a debate why cp’s are lazy, annoying, and limiting or watered down.

Every playlist should be single game only with map voting options. This is how it was as we remembered it and this is how it should be from this update forward.

343 needs to allow consumers the freedom to search a desired game and then majority vote on a map. Not search a playlist and hope you get to play the Halo title you want only to find out there is a single redunant map for your desired game that comes up numerous times in a row. But you vote it anyway to avoid playing H4.
I'm worried that no voting and only single game playlists will result in never getting a decent population in some games (H2A for example).
As a Brit the population is pretty low when I am playing and many of the single game playlists are ghost towns.
The cross-game lists are the only ones with a decent population so even though H3 is the most common game at least I still get 30-50% CE, H2 etc.
The only playlist solution I can see working is a opt-in multi choice type.
I'm worried that no voting and only single game playlists will result in never getting a decent population in some games (H2A for example).
As a Brit the population is pretty low when I am playing and many of the single game playlists are ghost towns.
The cross-game lists are the only ones with a decent population so even though H3 is the most common game at least I still get 30-50% CE, H2 etc.
The only playlist solution I can see working is a opt-in multi choice type.
You'll be fine since dedicated servers are coming 100 percent of the time for MM.
i'm fine with it... when voting was introduced in reach, i liked it, but although i liked sword base, it won the vote way to often. no voting brings more variaty.
i wouldn't mind cross game playlists, but i mind quiters and a way to reduce quiting is, to remove cross game playlists.

the veto option from h3 would be a good solution, but i'm also fine without it
Ideally, each playlist would only have one Halo so as to have voting and avoid the problem of people quitting if the game they voted for doesn't get picked, but I'm on board with the random option if cross-game playlist are to stay. The rampant quitting when H3 doesn't get the vote has made me so pessimistic that I don't even think vetoing would work at this point.
I like being able to just hop into slayer and get a variety of the games though. I'm okay with the no vote. Just like Halo 2. They could do a veto like Halo 3 did but I like the idea of just having to play a game. I like variety, I'm sick of always playing the same match over and over and over and over and....
I like the idea, but I wonder how it is all going to break down. I feel like you would need at minimum 3 playlists per game 4v4, BTB, FFA so that leaves 15 playlists just to start and that doesn't include more niche gametypes like 2v2s, competitive, infection, swat, snipers, etc.

I wouldn't mind a lack of dedicated Slayer gametypes provided I the objective gametypes were not messed up in some way like SMG/AR starts(H2, H2A, H3) or having something like 2 flag on asymmetrical maps.

I feel like it will be tricky to manage unless they believe they are going to get a huge and lasting influx of returning players.
At this point in time I'm not sure how well it'll actually work out. But I am excited to see that they are attempting to try something different. If the gametypes are what they should be, then why would you need to select anything else?
I love the idea of no voting. I just wish there was a large penalty for quitting just because Halo 3 didn't win.
I feel silly for not thinking about this before, but I suppose they could use a Titanfall 2 style system. In that game you can effectively build your own playlist out of the gametypes available. You could select say, Attrition, Last Titan Standing, and Pilots only and search all of them at once.

In MCC I could see it working as you where you have the standard set of playlists: TS/Objective/FFA/BTB/etc and you just select which Halo games you want whether you want to play whether its just 1 game in particular, all of them, or something in between.
I can't wait for it. I am sick of H3 always winning the vote, especially since H3 actually plays the worse out of all the Halo games in MCC. It is supposed to be Master Chief COLLECTION. I wish all the H3 fanboys would go play H3 via backwards compatibility and not in MCC. I would rather deal with the quitters than constantly playing the same game over and over in a game that has four other games.
WerepyreND wrote:
I feel silly for not thinking about this before, but I suppose they could use a Titanfall 2 style system. In that game you can effectively build your own playlist out of the gametypes available. You could select say, Attrition, Last Titan Standing, and Pilots only and search all of them at once.

In MCC I could see it working as you where you have the standard set of playlists: TS/Objective/FFA/BTB/etc and you just select which Halo games you want whether you want to play whether its just 1 game in particular, all of them, or something in between.
This would be the best way. I said this a long time ago. That the cross game playlist should have a menu option that you can select the titles you want and get dropped into games based on your selection.
I'm not against 'no voting', but let's be honest. As long as cross playlists are in, people will quit out as soon as they are placed in a game they don't want to play.

'No voting' does not solve this problem. What will happen is you'll see more quitters, instead of more games of Halo 3. This is a band-aid on a leg that's already rotted.

The game's playlists need to be separated. It needed to be done at launch, but hey.
WSerg wrote:
i'm fine with it... when voting was introduced in reach, i liked it, but although i liked sword base, it won the vote way to often. no voting brings more variaty.
i wouldn't mind cross game playlists, but i mind quiters and a way to reduce quiting is, to remove cross game playlists.

the veto option from h3 would be a good solution, but i'm also fine without it
*You are now being flooded with memories of Haven in Halo 4*
Anyway, I honestly have mixed feelings about voting in playlists. Sure, it's fair to the players, but there are still those -Yoinks!- that will quit when it isn't the gametype or map they want.
Richnj wrote:
I'm not against 'no voting', but let's be honest. As long as cross playlists are in, people will quit out as soon as they are placed in a game they don't want to play.

'No voting' does not solve this problem. What will happen is you'll see more quitters, instead of more games of Halo 3. This is a band-aid on a leg that's already rotted.

The game's playlists need to be separated. It needed to be done at launch, but hey.
I do think playlists are going to be separated. The quote from the one guy in the blog is players are going to know what game there getting. If they keep it the way it is now but without votes players won't know what game there getting which defeats that statement.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2