Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Thoughts on no voting or cross-game playlists?

OP Weesee I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
LethalQ wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
I feel silly for not thinking about this before, but I suppose they could use a Titanfall 2 style system. In that game you can effectively build your own playlist out of the gametypes available. You could select say, Attrition, Last Titan Standing, and Pilots only and search all of them at once.

In MCC I could see it working as you where you have the standard set of playlists: TS/Objective/FFA/BTB/etc and you just select which Halo games you want whether you want to play whether its just 1 game in particular, all of them, or something in between.
This would be the best way. I said this a long time ago. That the cross game playlist should have a menu option that you can select the titles you want and get dropped into games based on your selection.
I have been preaching this since day 1, as well. Actually, since before the game came out, as soon as I read about cross game playlists, I knew it would cause quitting and imbalanced action across all titles.

I really hope this is heard...

Have X amount of playlists (10? 15?).

Any game that has that gametype is in the hopper by default. So team slayer? All games. Team objective? All. Big team battle? All games.

And then we simply check the games we want to be in the mix for. So, Halo 3 fans can check Halo 3 only. It's a popular game, and they will be fine.

People looking for retro Halo 1 and Halo 2 BTB... only queue for those. People like me? I would queue for all.

It matches 16 people to a game they are all in the hopper for, and then voting options, veto options... Whatever, are for that game only.

Less playlists to save queue times. More choice on what you play. Quick match making because we can queue for 'more than one game at a time', while being able to de-select Halo 3 (or whatever).

Isn't this a win / win for everyone? I'm not a programming master mind (I dabble)... But it seems very doable from a practicality standpoint. The important thing is to match players for a specific game, and then transition into the voting options (otherwise logic would break). So it's basically 'as if you queue for the selected game only' after the match occurs.
J Teeps wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
I feel silly for not thinking about this before, but I suppose they could use a Titanfall 2 style system. In that game you can effectively build your own playlist out of the gametypes available. You could select say, Attrition, Last Titan Standing, and Pilots only and search all of them at once.

In MCC I could see it working as you where you have the standard set of playlists: TS/Objective/FFA/BTB/etc and you just select which Halo games you want whether you want to play whether its just 1 game in particular, all of them, or something in between.
This would be the best way. I said this a long time ago. That the cross game playlist should have a menu option that you can select the titles you want and get dropped into games based on your selection.
I have been preaching this since day 1, as well. Actually, since before the game came out, as soon as I read about cross game playlists, I knew it would cause quitting and imbalanced action across all titles.

I really hope this is heard...

Have X amount of playlists (10? 15?).

Any game that has that gametype is in the hopper by default. So team slayer? All games. Team objective? All. Big team battle? All games.

And then we simply check the games we want to be in the mix for. So, Halo 3 fans can check Halo 3 only. It's a popular game, and they will be fine.

People looking for retro Halo 1 and Halo 2 BTB... only queue for those. People like me? I would queue for all.

It matches 16 people to a game they are all in the hopper for, and then voting options, veto options... Whatever, are for that game only.

Less playlists to save queue times. More choice on what you play. Quick match making because we can queue for 'more than one game at a time', while being able to de-select Halo 3 (or whatever).

Isn't this a win / win for everyone? I'm not a programming master mind (I dabble)... But it seems very doable from a practicality standpoint. The important thing is to match players for a specific game, and then transition into the voting options (otherwise logic would break). So it's basically 'as if you queue for the selected game only' after the match occurs.
It would be awesome for it to be that way but no way 343 can do it. That is probably beyond their capabilities.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2