Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

TMCC Forge/Custom Game Issues

OP SOLIDSNAKEee

It's no secret that the Master Chief Collection has it's fair share of issues, even less so for that the community currently has a very negative outlook on things (constant complaining and such). However this thread is not about insulting the great members of the Halo community nor to complain about the current issues with the game that we're currently facing but I would like to raise the voice of the customs community.

To start off I would like to say that I love the Halo franchise. I love the community and the creations that you all make and the experiences that we all share. The only thing that surpasses my joy for this community, is the lore but that's irrelevant. I know right now or atleast for the time being that the priority fixes for The Master Chief Collection are currently for game breaking bugs and Match Making yet I've heard little to nothing about any estimated time for the issues for custom games. For those of you that don't know one of the major issues with trying to get a custom lobby going is the sad fact that for the most part, we're unlucky enough to have alot of issues getting the game to load without kicking everyone in our lobbies. The small majority are able to enjoy a few games before this same issue arises. This is a very annoying bug however it doesn't stop us from playing on disc maps but it does limit how many people that otherwise would have been able to see some amazing creations, such as but most certainly not limited to, mini games. So my first question for this post is, how many of you are currently having this same issue and what are your thoughts regarding this?

Next on my list is the issue regarding Halo 3 gametypes. Now I haven't had the chance to go through and play some Halo 3 yet but I have heard that people are having issues with the gametypes in Halo 3 or more specifically, the lack of gametypes to enter forge with. There is no option to enter forge with a selected gametype and this forces users to enter with only basic editing, again limiting some of the more creative minds in the community. Halo 3 was my first experience with Halo and so I hold this one close to heart as I know just how much this is needed for some of our old school forgers looking to remake some of the classic custom games. So for my next question, what are your thoughts on this matter? And does this issue really bother you or do you think that we should be focusing more on Halo 2 Anniversary's?

For my final question I'll be going off topic slightly however I would still like to get some opinions regarding it. TMCC has numerous bugs, some game breaking and others just simply being annoying (1th) but for this question I'm curious as to why the game was released with so many bugs. New titles normally have a few bugs that are ironed out up until a few months after release and no developer wants to see their game shipped with so many problems that may annoy players, so why was TMCC give a green light? Would it have bothered you if the game had missed it's intended 10th anniversary release date? Do you think that if the game was delayed that it would have affected sales compared to doing it for the holiday season?

Now I understand that this post may seem somewhat negative, this was unintended but I'm simply curious about any date that we may get regarding custom game fixes and of course the communities opinion with some of these issues. I'm also unaware if any of these issues have been raised before so I'd ask that you forgive me if they have.

I'd like to finish this off by saying I'm not angry with these games. I love the new cutscenes, the look absolutely amazing and the cutscenes are also a nice throwback to some of the books and an insight to the Covenant. I'm glad to see that improvement from the Halo 4 terminals. I'm more than optimistic that 343 will stick with this and see these problems fixed. They put out an open apology for these issues and even though it may have been unavoidable, it's still more than what some developers/publishers are currently doing now at days. It's also important to note I'm not pointing fingers and that this is simply curiosity so please, keep it clean and respect public property.

I truly am looking forward to seeing some of these replies. Sorry for the long read but thank you if you made it this far. ^.^
Here's a picture of a potato.

Stay classy everyone,
Snakeee

P.S Maybe we can also get a bigger fileshare in a future update? Pl0x?
P.P.S I'm aware that there is plenty of issues in TMCC however for the time being and for this post, I would like to focus on those listed.
All the above...and even more disapointing, can't join custom or Forge games in progress. Actually, I find it borderline enraging. I love to host custom games and this just kills the community/friend's list aspect. I was going to recreate my endless "All day sucker" FFA slayer gametype for Coagulation on Halo 2, but without the ability to drop in and out of the game...it's useless.
Since this is not Multiplayer, no one will care for this.
AnonomissX wrote:
All the above...and even more disapointing, can't join custom or Forge games in progress. Actually, I find it borderline enraging. I love to host custom games and this just kills the community/friend's list aspect. I was going to recreate my endless "All day sucker" FFA slayer gametype for Coagulation on Halo 2, but without the ability to drop in and out of the game...it's useless.

Sounds like an interesting game though I do not believe that I've heard of it? I'm sure eventually customs will be fixed though I'm just curious as to when that will be.

Since this is not Multiplayer, no one will care for this.
On the contrary. Plenty of people do care about customs though many of them are not part of the Waypoint forums.