Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] TMCC Halo 3 is a waste of time

OP HC SOlO

I have decided to stop playing TMCC Halo 3. HIt detection....Connection issues....Others will say I'm just not good. Anyone else giving up this classic because it is no longer fun for what ever reason?
HC SOlO wrote:
I have decided to stop playing TMCC Halo 3. HIt detection....Connection issues....Others will say I'm just not good. Anyone else giving up this classic because it is no longer fun for what ever reason?
Not a lot of other options out there though mate,
you can totally avoid it in mcc, but get ready to spend a lot of time sitting in the lobby waiting for a game
Or you can play the h3 throwback in Guardians but only when it is in rotation few a brief period of time ( great hit detection and OK connection)
Or you can go back to 360 H3 in 30fps, modded 360s and sit in lobbies waiting for a game.
I've done the same thing for the same reasons.
My solution is playing other fps titles with playable bots, no issues no waiting no frustration but it's also not halo either.
HC SOlO wrote:
Sadly I have to deselect it, unless I'm playing with a friend who likes it. Bloodshoots, ghost melees, hit detection, unreliable bullets... I just decided to disable it for good.

Moreover, a similar problem happens in Halo CE too, so I just play Halo 2 (although the classic version still features the awful ghost melees) and sometimes Halo 4, where hitscan makes bullets go through the way they should and magnetism is adjusted to prevent those connection problems. As someone said before, 360 H3 is a possibility too, but it's nearly empty.

To be honest, the situation could be fixed if the game engines got an update and they gave us an option to choose our datacenter, rather than being automatically chosen by the major population. If MCC launches like that in PC, complaints will never end.
You could try Halo Online (which is pretty close to Halo 3), people are still playing that on PC. You would have to find the download link to install it which is illegal to post on here.
Honestly haven't had a single issue with H3 in the MCC. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.
HC SOlO wrote:
Kay, Have fun with whatever you choose to do next