I know some people will be mad at this but can there please be less Halo 3 in BTB. Every match in BTB is Halo 3 resulting in a boring game mode. BTB has so much potential but considering every match is Halo 3 it fells restricted. Maybe there should be a playlist for just Halo 3. Or at the very least remove voting and just load maps and game types up at random.
Halo 3 will have it's own seperate playlist when the update goes out. You can read the development updates to find out what's going on.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-5
Until than run with a group to force the vote or dodge h3
skewer647 wrote:
Please don’t dodge games.
KayMrt wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
I would say that but I have been turned into a dodger because I got sick of H3. Nothing wrong with dodging IMO. But yeah the update can't come soon enough. Maybe us real Halo fans can finally play other Halo titles in BTB.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
KayMrt wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
I don’t, nor is halo 3 my favorite game, but thanks for all those assumptions and being rude for an unclear reason.
KayMrt wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
This wouldn't be much of an issue if the server "locked" people into the game and penalise players for dashboarding once the lobby/teams has been established. Add this and a few others such as skill based & party matchmaking and I think this'll reduce amount of players dodging.
KayMrt wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
This wouldn't be much of an issue if the server "locked" people into the game and penalise players for dashboarding once the lobby/teams has been established. Add this and a few others such as skill based & party matchmaking and I think this'll reduce amount of players dodging.
Locking players against their will and enforcing stricter quitting punishments doesn't stop people from leaving. It makes the issue worse. If you want people to play the match, give them an incentive to, or a reward of some sort. Don't hold them at gunpoint.

Also, SBMM already ruined H5 with trueskill 2, as it effectively made the issue worse (Newer players still get destroyed, higher skilled players have to deal with bad teammates constantly, and the people in between have the freedom to run 12 mans against solos in WZ and get to enjoy the game as a reward for being bad at it.) Don't kill the MCC population by adding trueskill2/super strict SBMM there as well.
Locking players against their will and enforcing stricter quitting punishments doesn't stop people from leaving. It makes the issue worse. If you want people to play the match, give them an incentive to, or a reward of some sort. Don't hold them at gunpoint.

Also, SBMM already ruined H5 with trueskill 2, as it effectively made the issue worse (Newer players still get destroyed, higher skilled players have to deal with bad teammates constantly, and the people in between have the freedom to run 12 mans against solos in WZ and get to enjoy the game as a reward for being bad at it.) Don't kill the MCC population by adding trueskill2/super strict SBMM there as well.
Incentivize the player? I don't know with you, but I think the team should add a tickbox option to give the player the freedom to select what games he/she want to play.
Example: Want to play Halo 3? Simply go to the MM options and untick all the other games and the server will match with players who want to play Halo 3. TBH, I don't know what else to add to motivate the player. If you have an example, I'll love to read it.

Given the fact that TrueSkill 2 was introduced 2 years after Halo 5's release, I don't think TS2 has been seen its full potential. Even if it still manages to pair up low skilled players with high, the devs can tweak the algorithms to make it suitable for social playlists unless that's out of the dev's hands, but then yet again, this could be a population issue. Also, I assume TS2 doesn't support party-based matchmaking? Correct me on that if I'm wrong.

One can argue the absence of these features is one of the reasons why the population is scarce and why people get shunned out by the game.

Incentivize the player? I don't know with you, but I think the team should add a tickbox option to give the player the freedom to select what games he/she want to play.
Example: Want to play Halo 3? Simply go to the MM options and untick all the other games and the server will match with players who want to play Halo 3. TBH, I don't know what else to add to motivate the player. If you have an example, I'll love to read it.

This would honestly be a good system. Some people dislike H4, H3, etc. and some people love it to the bitter end. I doubt that they'll add this, but this is a perfect way to make everyone happy, and i'd love to see it in the grand scheme of things. .

Given the fact that TrueSkill 2 was introduced 2 years after Halo 5's release, I don't think TS2 has been seen its full potential. Even if it still manages to pair up low skilled players with high, the devs can tweak the algorithms to make it suitable for social playlists unless that's out of the dev's hands, but then yet again, this could be a population issue. Also, I assume TS2 doesn't support party-based matchmaking? Correct me on that if I'm wrong.

It actually does affect parties as well. If you and your friends were SR 100+ with good KDs and wanted to play with each other, then as of right now, you'd have to use a smurf to even have a chance of finding a match, otherwise you'll be still in "continuing to search" limbo. .

One can argue the absence of these features is one of the reasons why the population is scarce and why people get shunned out by the game.
Except that argument of "Trueskill2/SBMM making is needed to protect noobs and make sure they don't get stomped on" is completely nullified by the fact that they still get destroyed in Halo 5's current state. I have yet to see it work effectively, so until that happens, I will continue to be against it.
Replies in bold. (Yes i'm that lazy)
KayMrt wrote:
I don’t, nor is halo 3 my favorite game, but thanks for all those assumptions and being rude for an unclear reason.
That's actually a perfectly valid reason to be frustrated. I paid money to play the game, so should I be punished for not wanting to play H3 24/7 in modes like BTB and slayer?

If anything, I'd prefer to play H2 or H4 (without custom loadouts, of course). But I won't actively dodge unless it's 5 matches of the same game in a row, or something unnecessarily high in terms of the same game being picked over and over again.
KayMrt wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Then stop dodging when we pick something that isn't H3. Not a hard concept to grasp onto now, is it?
It’s not an assumption h3 players dodge WHENEVER halo 3 isn’t chosen. They do not give a damn about anyone else or any other game. Why should we care about them? Respect is a two way street, when h3 players don’t dodge h1 or 2 when it wins I won’t dashboard when h3 isn’t chosen out of spite.
I quit any match on Standoff or Valhalla now. Depending on the gametype or mood, I'll quit if it's on another map. Territories is a guarantee quit though. I can't stand that gametype and yet because the game is Halo 3, it gets votes. Hell, just the other day two Halo 3 fans dashboarded a game of Death Island Slayer because Territories Standoff didn't win, which meant we didn't get to play. At least when you quit the others can play the game!
skewer647 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
Then stop dodging when we pick something that isn't H3. Not a hard concept to grasp onto now, is it?
It’s not an assumption h3 players dodge WHENEVER halo 3 isn’t chosen. They do not give a damn about anyone else or any other game. Why should we care about them? Respect is a two way street, when h3 players don’t dodge h1 or 2 when it wins I won’t dashboard when h3 isn’t chosen out of spite.
I don’t think I’ve dodged a game in my life of MCC ... I’d rather play my least favorite map and gametype than my favorite map and gametype with half my team. As a result, I don’t dodge. You shouldn’t either. If respect is a 2 way street, let’s start building. Someone has to start the building rather than just whining and blaming others.
KayMrt wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
KayMrt wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
I don’t think I’ve dodged a game in my life of MCC ... I’d rather play my least favorite map and gametype than my favorite map and gametype with half my team. As a result, I don’t dodge. You shouldn’t either. If respect is a 2 way street, let’s start building. Someone has to start the building rather than just whining and blaming others.
I don’t play h3 on Mcc. You cannot pay me to play the MP

This would honestly be a good system. Some people dislike H4, H3, etc. and some people love it to the bitter end. I doubt that they'll add this, but this is a perfect way to make everyone happy, and i'd love to see it in the grand scheme of things. .

It actually does affect parties as well. If you and your friends were SR 100+ with good KDs and wanted to play with each other, then as of right now, you'd have to use a smurf to even have a chance of finding a match, otherwise you'll be still in "continuing to search" limbo. .

Except that argument of "Trueskill2/SBMM making is needed to protect noobs and make sure they don't get stomped on" is completely nullified by the fact that they still get destroyed in Halo 5's current state. I have yet to see it work effectively, so until that happens, I will continue to be against it.
Replies in bold. (Yes i'm that lazy)
KayMrt wrote:
That's actually a perfectly valid reason to be frustrated. I paid money to play the game, so should I be punished for not wanting to play H3 24/7 in modes like BTB and slayer?

If anything, I'd prefer to play H2 or H4 (without custom loadouts, of course). But I won't actively dodge unless it's 5 matches of the same game in a row, or something unnecessarily high in terms of the same game being picked over and over again.
I agree with this in that I paid money to play multiple halo games not just Halo 3 so it can become highly frustrating and result in mundane game play. Also, it seems that there is a heaver ban hammer on people who dodge a match because they don't want to play the same game repeatedly, than those who betray teammates.