Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] "TU" Slayer is Awful

OP Odintsova

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Jim Jam 94 wrote:
Whenever I see a 'tu sucks' thread, I cant help but think these guys only mad that they cant use armour lock for it's full duration. TU is superior to original in every way.
I didn’t even use armor lock. Jet packer main here. The TU sucks. In fact, armor lock didn’t bother me neither before nor after the TU, it was all the other changes that sucked so hard.

Anytime I see someone defend the TU I can’t help but think they got stomped in Reach because they couldn’t time shots, got killed by teammates covering armor lockers, or got killed by somebody who managed to block their sword strike and now they wanna complain about it.
The only player getting stomped in reach between you and I is you, friend. TU is far better.
It’s literally for people who couldn’t handle the game.
Look I get that you have a passion for bloom but it isn’t a skilful mechanic.
According to your Halo tracker you have a K/D of 1.19 on team slayer and your most used weapons are melee and the assault rifle and you have more deaths to the DMR than you do kills with the DMR... I honestly don’t think you can make any statements on what is and what isn’t skilful.
That’s because I only ever played team slayer and ffa. To avoid DMRs. I have no issues with bloom or not bloom, Bleedthrough or no Bleedthrough. I just do not enjoy playing with it and I’ve never pursued a better k/d. I average 20 plus kills a game, and I always use magnum melee or assault rifle, and regardless of any of that I’ve played the -Yoinking!- game for 10 years. Yeah, I get to comment on what’s skillful. If nothing else, even I did suck, I can observe other players. Zero bloom means spamming at any range. That’s not skill.
WerepyreND wrote:
Lyk2 wrote:
I hate the DMR to begin with, it's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer? Where is my beloved AR? And I don't like TU either, It does feel like the others are cheating, i shoot them first, right at the head, multiple times, yet they seem to be able to kill me with one single shot?
"It's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer", Except you know the Needle Rifle, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Focus Rifle, Sword, Hammer, Fuel Rod, Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Laser, Rockets, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Grenade launcher. Which leaves the AR, Repeater, and Magnum as the only outliers which if you noticed is only a small portion of the sandbox.

Obviously it would be nice if all weapons were viable, but this type of hyperbole does nothing to help your case. The DMR isn't "OP" just because a small portion of other weapons are underpowered.
The DMR has no competition meaning the AR cannot beat it in a 1v1 the Magnum cannot beat it in a 1v1 these are the two most common weapons in the game the needle rifle sometimes can beat it but overall you get outplayed by the DMR. And trying to use the shotgun unless you are camping around a corner the DMR will win four shots to the head when you have to shoot twice with a shotgun. Also when trying to use a sniper on a small a DMR can shoot better and is the better choice unless you're playing in BTB even then it's a DMR cesspool. 343 made big team Battle into 4v4 maps with 16 people.
WerepyreND wrote:
Lyk2 wrote:
I hate the DMR to begin with, it's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer? Where is my beloved AR? And I don't like TU either, It does feel like the others are cheating, i shoot them first, right at the head, multiple times, yet they seem to be able to kill me with one single shot?
"It's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer", Except you know the Needle Rifle, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Focus Rifle, Sword, Hammer, Fuel Rod, Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Laser, Rockets, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Grenade launcher. Which leaves the AR, Repeater, and Magnum as the only outliers which if you noticed is only a small portion of the sandbox.

Obviously it would be nice if all weapons were viable, but this type of hyperbole does nothing to help your case. The DMR isn't "OP" just because a small portion of other weapons are underpowered.
The DMR has no competition meaning the AR cannot beat it in a 1v1 the Magnum cannot beat it in a 1v1 these are the two most common weapons in the game the needle rifle sometimes can beat it but overall you get outplayed by the DMR. And trying to use the shotgun unless you are camping around a corner the DMR will win four shots to the head when you have to shoot twice with a shotgun. Also when trying to use a sniper on a small a DMR can shoot better and is the better choice unless you're playing in BTB even then it's a DMR cesspool. 343 made big team Battle into 4v4 maps with 16 people.
Its not the DMR's fault 3 weapons are badly designed. As for the Needle Rifle the removal of bloom in TU makes it a very effective weapon in its own right, whereas in vanilla it isn't bad, it is just redundant, which again isn't the DMR's fault that the devs were fine with lazy reskins in some areas.

If you can't find success with the Shotgun and Sniper that is all on you fam. 343 didn't do anything, DMR, and by extension precision weapon starts, have always been a part of BTB, many of Reach's maps are just kind of bad, deal with it.

The "DMR makes other weapons useless" argument was always bad and unless you only want to use one of those 3 weapon, the rest of the sandbox works fine. Games have balance problems, sorry your favorite got the short end of the stick.
my whole problem with the TU is the bleed through. I’m actually OK with almost everything else that the TU does but the bleedthrough and the squad spawn mechanics are trash. In Halo Reach every Percision weapon now feels like a bloody battle rifle. By enabling the bleedthrough to such an extreme with everything, it took away that feeling of the walking tank. Now if bleed through was left just for melee for example I would have no problem with it but the fact that grenades are now more deadly, and precision weapons are infinitely more deadly it just makes everything else feel even less worth your time to pick up outside of power weapons.
my whole problem with the TU is the bleed through. I’m actually OK with almost everything else that the TU does but the bleedthrough and the squad spawn mechanics are trash. In Halo Reach every Percision weapon now feels like a bloody battle rifle. By enabling the bleedthrough to such an extreme with everything, it took away that feeling of the walking tank. Now if bleed through was left just for melee for example I would have no problem with it but the fact that grenades are now more deadly, and precision weapons are infinitely more deadly it just makes everything else feel even less worth your time to pick up outside of power weapons.
Grenades already had bleedthrough and bleedthrough only makes the rifles more deadly when you are low shields. If you are popping out with low shields that is on you if anything it makes the automatic weapons more deadly as they pair better with melee.

For all the whinging about different parts of the TU, it seems like a lot of folks don't understand what it actually does or what it really means in practice.
XbL Dingle wrote:
Nutachi wrote:
For everyone who doesn't understand the purpose of bloom because it's obvious no one arguing against bloom has any idea how to balance a game, look at Halo 4's DMR. If you say that weapon is balanced, you're delusional. The DMR had bloom to prevent it from being overly powerful at long ranges, which was a good thing. Having a sniper ranged accurate base weapon would've broken the sandbox just like it did in H4. The TU is beyond trash, all you have to do is look at Halo Reach's population history to know the game died within weeks of the TU being released. Having a DMR pinpoint kill you from across the map is not enjoyable nor balanced. Neither is it when the no-bloom DMR can destroy a Falcon when they team shot it from across the map. The only players who don't like bloom are players who couldn't adapt and were probably just bad at the game. You don't pace your shots at CQB, you were never meant too. If you did, that's on you for being stupid. Of course bloom's impact was lessened the closer you were to your target, if that wasn't obvious which I guess it wasn't, as even 9 years later, we're still arguing about it.
The game died long before the TU, stop trying to rewrite history to support your narrative.
Uh no, no it did not, Halo Reach's TU launched in 2011. Reach's population within a couple of weeks dropped to and remained around 20k. Halo Reach's population prior to this had dropped far faster than any of the other Halo games but was still substantially higher. Several major changes came with the TU, first off Invasion implemented forge made maps that were poorly designed and not enjoyable. Several of these maps led to severe spawn trapping where an entire team of 6 could be spawn trapped from a distance by DMRs and had zero chance of escaping said spawn trap. If you are really stupid enough to believe that removing bloom balanced the DMR, then why was the DMR so broken afterwards? Including in Halo 4. I don't have to rewrite history, I have this thing common sense, statistics, and knowledge of how basic game design works.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Lyk2 wrote:
I hate the DMR to begin with, it's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer? Where is my beloved AR? And I don't like TU either, It does feel like the others are cheating, i shoot them first, right at the head, multiple times, yet they seem to be able to kill me with one single shot?
"It's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer", Except you know the Needle Rifle, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Focus Rifle, Sword, Hammer, Fuel Rod, Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Laser, Rockets, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Grenade launcher. Which leaves the AR, Repeater, and Magnum as the only outliers which if you noticed is only a small portion of the sandbox.

Obviously it would be nice if all weapons were viable, but this type of hyperbole does nothing to help your case. The DMR isn't "OP" just because a small portion of other weapons are underpowered.
The DMR has no competition meaning the AR cannot beat it in a 1v1 the Magnum cannot beat it in a 1v1 these are the two most common weapons in the game the needle rifle sometimes can beat it but overall you get outplayed by the DMR. And trying to use the shotgun unless you are camping around a corner the DMR will win four shots to the head when you have to shoot twice with a shotgun. Also when trying to use a sniper on a small a DMR can shoot better and is the better choice unless you're playing in BTB even then it's a DMR cesspool. 343 made big team Battle into 4v4 maps with 16 people.
Its not the DMR's fault 3 weapons are badly designed. As for the Needle Rifle the removal of bloom in TU makes it a very effective weapon in its own right, whereas in vanilla it isn't bad, it is just redundant, which again isn't the DMR's fault that the devs were fine with lazy reskins in some areas.

If you can't find success with the Shotgun and Sniper that is all on you fam. 343 didn't do anything, DMR, and by extension precision weapon starts, have always been a part of BTB, many of Reach's maps are just kind of bad, deal with it.

The "DMR makes other weapons useless" argument was always bad and unless you only want to use one of those 3 weapon, the rest of the sandbox works fine. Games have balance problems, sorry your favorite got the short end of the stick.
when you play Slayer you have an assault rifle or DMR choice everybody's going to use the DMR you cannot go up against the DMR with any other three weapons so just because three weapons as you say or underpowered does not mean that the DMR should be the go-to weapon for all Case scenarios. Yes the sandbox is not balanced but the weapons that you are given at the beginning of the game should at least be capable have a chance at least it take on the DMR the pistol and the AR cannot you literally will not win at all. Out of the three weapons you're given everyone will choose the DMR. And one last thing the shotgun in the sniper are good weapons but I can guarantee that if a shotgun is rushing towards you what are you going to do it takes two shotgun shots to kill you where the DMR takes for sometimes three because of the bleed out shenanigans. For the sniper if someone is sniping on a small map it is very easy for a DMR to take on a sniper.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Lyk2 wrote:
I hate the DMR to begin with, it's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer? Where is my beloved AR? And I don't like TU either, It does feel like the others are cheating, i shoot them first, right at the head, multiple times, yet they seem to be able to kill me with one single shot?
"It's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer", Except you know the Needle Rifle, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Focus Rifle, Sword, Hammer, Fuel Rod, Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Laser, Rockets, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Grenade launcher. Which leaves the AR, Repeater, and Magnum as the only outliers which if you noticed is only a small portion of the sandbox.

Obviously it would be nice if all weapons were viable, but this type of hyperbole does nothing to help your case. The DMR isn't "OP" just because a small portion of other weapons are underpowered.
The DMR has no competition meaning the AR cannot beat it in a 1v1 the Magnum cannot beat it in a 1v1 these are the two most common weapons in the game the needle rifle sometimes can beat it but overall you get outplayed by the DMR. And trying to use the shotgun unless you are camping around a corner the DMR will win four shots to the head when you have to shoot twice with a shotgun. Also when trying to use a sniper on a small a DMR can shoot better and is the better choice unless you're playing in BTB even then it's a DMR cesspool. 343 made big team Battle into 4v4 maps with 16 people.
Its not the DMR's fault 3 weapons are badly designed. As for the Needle Rifle the removal of bloom in TU makes it a very effective weapon in its own right, whereas in vanilla it isn't bad, it is just redundant, which again isn't the DMR's fault that the devs were fine with lazy reskins in some areas.

If you can't find success with the Shotgun and Sniper that is all on you fam. 343 didn't do anything, DMR, and by extension precision weapon starts, have always been a part of BTB, many of Reach's maps are just kind of bad, deal with it.

The "DMR makes other weapons useless" argument was always bad and unless you only want to use one of those 3 weapon, the rest of the sandbox works fine. Games have balance problems, sorry your favorite got the short end of the stick.
when you play Slayer you have an assault rifle or DMR choice everybody's going to use the DMR you cannot go up against the DMR with any other three weapons so just because three weapons as you say or underpowered does not mean that the DMR should be the go-to weapon for all Case scenarios. Yes the sandbox is not balanced but the weapons that you are given at the beginning of the game should at least be capable have a chance at least it take on the DMR the pistol and the AR cannot you literally will not win at all. Out of the three weapons you're given everyone will choose the DMR. And one last thing the shotgun in the sniper are good weapons but I can guarantee that if a shotgun is rushing towards you what are you going to do it takes two shotgun shots to kill you where the DMR takes for sometimes three because of the bleed out shenanigans. For the sniper if someone is sniping on a small map it is very easy for a DMR to take on a sniper.
Again, it does suck that some weapons are not up to par, but forcing people to use bad weapons does not make for great game design. The 3 weapons I mentioned are bad in vanilla, bad in TU, and bad in both DMR and AR starts. The weapons you spawn with should be good weapons, which is why DMR starts work and ARs don't. I wish the AR and Magnum were viable weapons in their own right by they just are not, we have to choose the best settings for the game we have not the one we wish we had.

Re: Shotgun rushing straight towards a weapon with better range is never a good idea, its like the Shotgun is supposed to be used at close range or something. As far as the sniper goes, that is kind of the point. Utility weapons like the DMR or BR, or CE Pistol before it are the great equalizers that let a team on the backfoot get back into the game by using their versatile precision weapon to exploit the weaknesses of power weapons.
Nutachi wrote:
XbL Dingle wrote:
Nutachi wrote:
For everyone who doesn't understand the purpose of bloom because it's obvious no one arguing against bloom has any idea how to balance a game, look at Halo 4's DMR. If you say that weapon is balanced, you're delusional. The DMR had bloom to prevent it from being overly powerful at long ranges, which was a good thing. Having a sniper ranged accurate base weapon would've broken the sandbox just like it did in H4. The TU is beyond trash, all you have to do is look at Halo Reach's population history to know the game died within weeks of the TU being released. Having a DMR pinpoint kill you from across the map is not enjoyable nor balanced. Neither is it when the no-bloom DMR can destroy a Falcon when they team shot it from across the map. The only players who don't like bloom are players who couldn't adapt and were probably just bad at the game. You don't pace your shots at CQB, you were never meant too. If you did, that's on you for being stupid. Of course bloom's impact was lessened the closer you were to your target, if that wasn't obvious which I guess it wasn't, as even 9 years later, we're still arguing about it.
The game died long before the TU, stop trying to rewrite history to support your narrative.
Uh no, no it did not, Halo Reach's TU launched in 2011. Reach's population within a couple of weeks dropped to and remained around 20k. Halo Reach's population prior to this had dropped far faster than any of the other Halo games but was still substantially higher. Several major changes came with the TU, first off Invasion implemented forge made maps that were poorly designed and not enjoyable. Several of these maps led to severe spawn trapping where an entire team of 6 could be spawn trapped from a distance by DMRs and had zero chance of escaping said spawn trap. If you are really stupid enough to believe that removing bloom balanced the DMR, then why was the DMR so broken afterwards? Including in Halo 4. I don't have to rewrite history, I have this thing common sense, statistics, and knowledge of how basic game design works.
20k for a Halo title is dead and it dropped below that Reach was dead by the summer of 2011. Keep burying your head in the sand.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Lyk2 wrote:
I hate the DMR to begin with, it's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer? Where is my beloved AR? And I don't like TU either, It does feel like the others are cheating, i shoot them first, right at the head, multiple times, yet they seem to be able to kill me with one single shot?
"It's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer", Except you know the Needle Rifle, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Focus Rifle, Sword, Hammer, Fuel Rod, Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Laser, Rockets, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Grenade launcher. Which leaves the AR, Repeater, and Magnum as the only outliers which if you noticed is only a small portion of the sandbox.

Obviously it would be nice if all weapons were viable, but this type of hyperbole does nothing to help your case. The DMR isn't "OP" just because a small portion of other weapons are underpowered.
The DMR has no competition meaning the AR cannot beat it in a 1v1 the Magnum cannot beat it in a 1v1 these are the two most common weapons in the game the needle rifle sometimes can beat it but overall you get outplayed by the DMR. And trying to use the shotgun unless you are camping around a corner the DMR will win four shots to the head when you have to shoot twice with a shotgun. Also when trying to use a sniper on a small a DMR can shoot better and is the better choice unless you're playing in BTB even then it's a DMR cesspool. 343 made big team Battle into 4v4 maps with 16 people.
Its not the DMR's fault 3 weapons are badly designed. As for the Needle Rifle the removal of bloom in TU makes it a very effective weapon in its own right, whereas in vanilla it isn't bad, it is just redundant, which again isn't the DMR's fault that the devs were fine with lazy reskins in some areas.

If you can't find success with the Shotgun and Sniper that is all on you fam. 343 didn't do anything, DMR, and by extension precision weapon starts, have always been a part of BTB, many of Reach's maps are just kind of bad, deal with it.

The "DMR makes other weapons useless" argument was always bad and unless you only want to use one of those 3 weapon, the rest of the sandbox works fine. Games have balance problems, sorry your favorite got the short end of the stick.
when you play Slayer you have an assault rifle or DMR choice everybody's going to use the DMR you cannot go up against the DMR with any other three weapons so just because three weapons as you say or underpowered does not mean that the DMR should be the go-to weapon for all Case scenarios. Yes the sandbox is not balanced but the weapons that you are given at the beginning of the game should at least be capable have a chance at least it take on the DMR the pistol and the AR cannot you literally will not win at all. Out of the three weapons you're given everyone will choose the DMR. And one last thing the shotgun in the sniper are good weapons but I can guarantee that if a shotgun is rushing towards you what are you going to do it takes two shotgun shots to kill you where the DMR takes for sometimes three because of the bleed out shenanigans. For the sniper if someone is sniping on a small map it is very easy for a DMR to take on a sniper.
Again, it does suck that some weapons are not up to par, but forcing people to use bad weapons does not make for great game design. The 3 weapons I mentioned are bad in vanilla, bad in TU, and bad in both DMR and AR starts. The weapons you spawn with should be good weapons, which is why DMR starts work and ARs don't. I wish the AR and Magnum were viable weapons in their own right by they just are not, we have to choose the best settings for the game we have not the one we wish we had.

Re: Shotgun rushing straight towards a weapon with better range is never a good idea, its like the Shotgun is supposed to be used at close range or something. As far as the sniper goes, that is kind of the point. Utility weapons like the DMR or BR, or CE Pistol before it are the great equalizers that let a team on the backfoot get back into the game by using their versatile precision weapon to exploit the weaknesses of power weapons.
I don't think you're understanding I agree with everything you said I just do not like how powerful the DMR is right now and the MCC reach there is no weapon that is its true competitor end of story there is nothing else, if there is then tell me what is better overall than the DMR because it's not the needle rifle, what focus rifle?
I like TU more then regular reach except for in btb. In btb it's almost like everyone has a sniper. Imo I think there should just be no bloom at all in most playlists. I wish that there were other playlists other than hardcore without bloom, especially ffa. FFA is a lot of fun, but magnum/ ar starts with bloom make it annoying to play. There are too many situations were I fight one or more people and miss out on kills because of bloom.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
KB C0BRA wrote:
Jim Jam 94 wrote:
The only player getting stomped in reach between you and I is you, friend. TU is far better.
It’s literally for people who couldn’t handle the game.
Look I get that you have a passion for bloom but it isn’t a skilful mechanic.
According to your Halo tracker you have a K/D of 1.19 on team slayer and your most used weapons are melee and the assault rifle and you have more deaths to the DMR than you do kills with the DMR... I honestly don’t think you can make any statements on what is and what isn’t skilful.
I find it rather ironic how you have brought up several players service records in an attempt to discredit their argument, especially considering that in MCC your highest rank is only 21 and you can’t even break 2.0KD. I bet you think you’re MLG too, lmao TF outa here. If you’re gonna be a -Yoink- and stat flame others and pull service records maybe you should check yourself and make sure you’re not a BK first.
And yet I’m top 200 in the world on Reach ;) and yes I do play MLG, funnily enough I have a G3 (which is much more impressive than a 50) on Reach in MLG but I doubt you even know what that means! A G4 in FFA and not far off of a G5. Overall win ratio of 2:0 and a K/D above 2.2.
A K/D of 1.98 for H2/H3 is impressive when you search playlists full of teams and I search solo. I carry the team 99% of the time. Welcome to come show me how to play on MLG V7 if you’d like?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Jim Jam 94 wrote:
KB C0BRA wrote:
Jim Jam 94 wrote:
The only player getting stomped in reach between you and I is you, friend. TU is far better.
It’s literally for people who couldn’t handle the game.
Look I get that you have a passion for bloom but it isn’t a skilful mechanic.
According to your Halo tracker you have a K/D of 1.19 on team slayer and your most used weapons are melee and the assault rifle and you have more deaths to the DMR than you do kills with the DMR... I honestly don’t think you can make any statements on what is and what isn’t skilful.
I find it rather ironic how you have brought up several players service records in an attempt to discredit their argument, especially considering that in MCC your highest rank is only 21 and you can’t even break 2.0KD. I bet you think you’re MLG too, lmao TF outa here. If you’re gonna be a -Yoink- and stat flame others and pull service records maybe you should check yourself and make sure you’re not a BK first.
And yet I’m top 200 in the world on Reach ;) and yes I do play MLG, funnily enough I have a G3 (which is much more impressive than a 50) on Reach in MLG but I doubt you even know what that means! A G4 in FFA and not far off of a G5. Overall win ratio of 2:0 and a K/D above 2.2.
A K/D of 1.98 for H2/H3 is impressive when you search playlists full of teams and I search solo. I carry the team 99% of the time. Welcome to come show me how to play on MLG V7 if you’d like?
Dang, you’re top 200 in Reach?? Not impressive considering there are only 2000-3000 people playing 360 Reach at peak times, thats terrible that’s barely top 10%, you’re trying too hard to make yourself look good and you’re just embarrassing yourself. But I forgot, YoU’rE mLg BrO! Sooooo MLG you couldn’t even get a 50 in OG H3, and you say your Reach skills are more impressive than a 50 but you’ve never had a 50, I bet you got yourself rank locked at that 46 in H3 lmao. The fact that you think a G3 in Reach is more impressive than a 50 (which you could never even get) proves you’re a clown, it’s not even worth my time to argue and further respond to someone who actually believes that. Get good
KB C0BRA wrote:
Jim Jam 94 wrote:
KB C0BRA wrote:
Jim Jam 94 wrote:
The only player getting stomped in reach between you and I is you, friend. TU is far better.
It’s literally for people who couldn’t handle the game.
Look I get that you have a passion for bloom but it isn’t a skilful mechanic.
According to your Halo tracker you have a K/D of 1.19 on team slayer and your most used weapons are melee and the assault rifle and you have more deaths to the DMR than you do kills with the DMR... I honestly don’t think you can make any statements on what is and what isn’t skilful.
I find it rather ironic how you have brought up several players service records in an attempt to discredit their argument, especially considering that in MCC your highest rank is only 21 and you can’t even break 2.0KD. I bet you think you’re MLG too, lmao TF outa here. If you’re gonna be a -Yoink- and stat flame others and pull service records maybe you should check yourself and make sure you’re not a BK first.
And yet I’m top 200 in the world on Reach ;) and yes I do play MLG, funnily enough I have a G3 (which is much more impressive than a 50) on Reach in MLG but I doubt you even know what that means! A G4 in FFA and not far off of a G5. Overall win ratio of 2:0 and a K/D above 2.2.
A K/D of 1.98 for H2/H3 is impressive when you search playlists full of teams and I search solo. I carry the team 99% of the time. Welcome to come show me how to play on MLG V7 if you’d like?
Dang, you’re top 200 in Reach?? Not impressive considering there are only 2000-3000 people playing 360 Reach at peak times, thats terrible that’s barely top 10%, you’re trying too hard to make yourself look good and you’re just embarrassing yourself. But I forgot, YoU’rE mLg BrO! Sooooo MLG you couldn’t even get a 50 in OG H3, and you say your Reach skills are more impressive than a 50 but you’ve never had a 50, I bet you got yourself rank locked at that 46 in H3 lmao. The fact that you think a G3 in Reach is more impressive than a 50 (which you could never even get) proves you’re a clown, it’s not even worth my time to argue and further respond to someone who actually believes that. Get good
For starters I’m in the top 1%. Peak times the game was still pulling tens of thousands in 2015/16 so for one that’s BS. I didn’t get rank locked in H3, I was 13 when H3 released, a 46 for a 13 year old is damn impressive. A G3 in MLG is much more impressive than a 50, sorry.

FYI I certainly do have a 50, IG Renegade.
my whole problem with the TU is the bleed through. I’m actually OK with almost everything else that the TU does but the bleedthrough and the squad spawn mechanics are trash. In Halo Reach every Percision weapon now feels like a bloody battle rifle. By enabling the bleedthrough to such an extreme with everything, it took away that feeling of the walking tank. Now if bleed through was left just for melee for example I would have no problem with it but the fact that grenades are now more deadly, and precision weapons are infinitely more deadly it just makes everything else feel even less worth your time to pick up outside of power weapons.
I agree so much with this. Bleedthrough sucks so hard. Whereas before, whoever landed the most shots or timed melee correctly or both would either walk away with a headshot or melee kill.....now any two decent players who enter a room and fight eachother are more than likely both going to die at the same time. Every time.

edit- also, combined with the other TU settings, time-to-kill is faster overall in general. It’s Halo Reach Easy Mode: Welcome to Spamtown when you can just spam precision weapons with zero bloom and Bleedthrough makes it even MORE efficient.
XbL Dingle wrote:
Nutachi wrote:
XbL Dingle wrote:
Nutachi wrote:
For everyone who doesn't understand the purpose of bloom because it's obvious no one arguing against bloom has any idea how to balance a game, look at Halo 4's DMR. If you say that weapon is balanced, you're delusional. The DMR had bloom to prevent it from being overly powerful at long ranges, which was a good thing. Having a sniper ranged accurate base weapon would've broken the sandbox just like it did in H4. The TU is beyond trash, all you have to do is look at Halo Reach's population history to know the game died within weeks of the TU being released. Having a DMR pinpoint kill you from across the map is not enjoyable nor balanced. Neither is it when the no-bloom DMR can destroy a Falcon when they team shot it from across the map. The only players who don't like bloom are players who couldn't adapt and were probably just bad at the game. You don't pace your shots at CQB, you were never meant too. If you did, that's on you for being stupid. Of course bloom's impact was lessened the closer you were to your target, if that wasn't obvious which I guess it wasn't, as even 9 years later, we're still arguing about it.
The game died long before the TU, stop trying to rewrite history to support your narrative.
Uh no, no it did not, Halo Reach's TU launched in 2011. Reach's population within a couple of weeks dropped to and remained around 20k. Halo Reach's population prior to this had dropped far faster than any of the other Halo games but was still substantially higher. Several major changes came with the TU, first off Invasion implemented forge made maps that were poorly designed and not enjoyable. Several of these maps led to severe spawn trapping where an entire team of 6 could be spawn trapped from a distance by DMRs and had zero chance of escaping said spawn trap. If you are really stupid enough to believe that removing bloom balanced the DMR, then why was the DMR so broken afterwards? Including in Halo 4. I don't have to rewrite history, I have this thing common sense, statistics, and knowledge of how basic game design works.
20k for a Halo title is dead and it dropped below that Reach was dead by the summer of 2011. Keep burying your head in the sand.
Since you obviously cannot read, Reach's population dropped to 20k when the TU launched, not beforehand. Secondly, Reach's population had dropped quite a bit prior to the TU, but the changes the TU had made the game nearly unplayable. Especially for Invasion getting poorly made forge maps, Reach's most populated playlist at the time. Big team battle was instantly ruined by DMRs now cross mapping with perfect accuracy.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Lyk2 wrote:
I hate the DMR to begin with, it's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer? Where is my beloved AR? And I don't like TU either, It does feel like the others are cheating, i shoot them first, right at the head, multiple times, yet they seem to be able to kill me with one single shot?
"It's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer", Except you know the Needle Rifle, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Focus Rifle, Sword, Hammer, Fuel Rod, Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Laser, Rockets, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Grenade launcher. Which leaves the AR, Repeater, and Magnum as the only outliers which if you noticed is only a small portion of the sandbox.

Obviously it would be nice if all weapons were viable, but this type of hyperbole does nothing to help your case. The DMR isn't "OP" just because a small portion of other weapons are underpowered.
The DMR has no competition meaning the AR cannot beat it in a 1v1 the Magnum cannot beat it in a 1v1 these are the two most common weapons in the game the needle rifle sometimes can beat it but overall you get outplayed by the DMR. And trying to use the shotgun unless you are camping around a corner the DMR will win four shots to the head when you have to shoot twice with a shotgun. Also when trying to use a sniper on a small a DMR can shoot better and is the better choice unless you're playing in BTB even then it's a DMR cesspool. 343 made big team Battle into 4v4 maps with 16 people.
Its not the DMR's fault 3 weapons are badly designed. As for the Needle Rifle the removal of bloom in TU makes it a very effective weapon in its own right, whereas in vanilla it isn't bad, it is just redundant, which again isn't the DMR's fault that the devs were fine with lazy reskins in some areas.

If you can't find success with the Shotgun and Sniper that is all on you fam. 343 didn't do anything, DMR, and by extension precision weapon starts, have always been a part of BTB, many of Reach's maps are just kind of bad, deal with it.

The "DMR makes other weapons useless" argument was always bad and unless you only want to use one of those 3 weapon, the rest of the sandbox works fine. Games have balance problems, sorry your favorite got the short end of the stick.
when you play Slayer you have an assault rifle or DMR choice everybody's going to use the DMR you cannot go up against the DMR with any other three weapons so just because three weapons as you say or underpowered does not mean that the DMR should be the go-to weapon for all Case scenarios. Yes the sandbox is not balanced but the weapons that you are given at the beginning of the game should at least be capable have a chance at least it take on the DMR the pistol and the AR cannot you literally will not win at all. Out of the three weapons you're given everyone will choose the DMR. And one last thing the shotgun in the sniper are good weapons but I can guarantee that if a shotgun is rushing towards you what are you going to do it takes two shotgun shots to kill you where the DMR takes for sometimes three because of the bleed out shenanigans. For the sniper if someone is sniping on a small map it is very easy for a DMR to take on a sniper.
Again, it does suck that some weapons are not up to par, but forcing people to use bad weapons does not make for great game design. The 3 weapons I mentioned are bad in vanilla, bad in TU, and bad in both DMR and AR starts. The weapons you spawn with should be good weapons, which is why DMR starts work and ARs don't. I wish the AR and Magnum were viable weapons in their own right by they just are not, we have to choose the best settings for the game we have not the one we wish we had.

Re: Shotgun rushing straight towards a weapon with better range is never a good idea, its like the Shotgun is supposed to be used at close range or something. As far as the sniper goes, that is kind of the point. Utility weapons like the DMR or BR, or CE Pistol before it are the great equalizers that let a team on the backfoot get back into the game by using their versatile precision weapon to exploit the weaknesses of power weapons.
I don't think you're understanding I agree with everything you said I just do not like how powerful the DMR is right now and the MCC reach there is no weapon that is its true competitor end of story there is nothing else, if there is then tell me what is better overall than the DMR because it's not the needle rifle, what focus rifle?
There isn't supposed to be a direct competitor, even if I would argue that the TU Needle Rifle is more than a match. The DMR is the resident utility weapon in Halo Reach, it is the anchor point for the entire game. You spawn with a strong utility that allows you to break out of unfavorable position through skilled play and ideally have strong niche weapons that allow you to specialize. You should be picking up weapons to gain specific advantages rather than pure upgrades. I grab a Focus rifle to be better at range and melt shields, I grab a Plasma Pistol for EMP and potent close range damage, I grab a concussion rifle to counter close range weapons like the Shotgun, sword, and hammer(which I grab for their OHK capability at close range).

The DMR's effective niche is to be versatile which means it gets a lot of use. The system is working as intended, there is just a small number of weapons that don't work as well as they should.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9