1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9
Purged wrote:
Jim Jam 94 wrote:
FACT: TU was only implemented because there were so many numptys who would just mash that trigger as fast as they could when they saw their target and would get mad when they got out dmrd by someone who fired less shots, cuz they actually paced them and didn’t spam like an idiot.
“OmG dMr iS sO bAd ReMoVe BlOoM nOw!!” I remember back in the day Bungie refused to cater to the cry babies who whined and cried about this because they didn’t want to adapt to the game and exercise better self control on their trigger pulls, then 343 took over and gave in to the cry babies. I’m not gonna argue with anyone about this as it’s very clearly evident most of you couldn’t handle Reach pre-2011TU, and by definition, needed to git gud, and still do.
Peace!
Your post makes no sense and it’s clear your opinion is ill formed, the fact that living dead is your most played playlist suggests this.

Lets say hypothetically that bloom actually works the way it should. Here is what it still does - It limits players who are good enough to fire at the max RoF and still land every shot - a lot of you consider this spamming, when in actuality it's nothing more than good aim without bloom. At the same time that it forces good players to slow down, it also allows poor players more time to line up their shot so that they don't have to be fast and accurate, but rather just accurate. That's the reason you see so many players complain about bloom while seeing so many still defend it. Why should a good player be forced to let a lesser player have more time to adjust just because they’re good. Shouldn't a deciding factor in the difference of skill between two players be both speed and accuracy?
Bloom allows poor players to play better than they should while it holds back players who don't need to slow down to still remain deadly accurate.

Put a bad player in MLG V7 and they’ll get wrecked.
I hear people saying that bloom makes it to where people with bad aim can be better but people who have good aim can't shoot better than people who have bad aim? Explain how people with good aim are at a disadvantage if you have Superior aim who cares if someone has a longer time to "aim on you". I am good at Halo 5 and Halo Reach. One has Bloom one has none.
Congrats, you're good at the two least competitive Halos on the market. Bloom rewards bad players who spam shots.
Again how does spamming shots make you good if you have Superior aim then you should win right? Spamming shots doesn't make you win battles in OG reach you had to pace your shots otherwise you're not going to hit your target. In original reach you had to pace your shots to shoot people right? The only time people would spam there shots is if somebody is really close to them but at that range the Magnum or the AR would beat it out because of range. In TU settings you spam your shots not in OG, OG you had to pace shots. If you truly are better then pacing your shots wouldn't be a problem and if you're good you have teammates that are good then you know how to work together so it's usually good to be two on one. I have a friend who is not very good at reach and he doesn't like the TU settings, and he was the guy that would spam shots and he would always miss. The fact is that people don't like the DMR being the best weapon out there, there's no damage drop off, it has incredible range can cross map people, it can out beat sniper in some cases the AR and Magnum is useless against it. Please don't call out people it is against the forum rules, next time just be nice to people please, were here to express are opinion just like you. :)
Spamming with bloom adds RNG which allows lower skill players to get lucky and outgun someone with better aim as well as allowing higher skill players to get unlucky and miss shots that would have hit with no or reduced bloom. When you add RNG the game becomes less competitive.
Purged wrote:
Jim Jam 94 wrote:
FACT: TU was only implemented because there were so many numptys who would just mash that trigger as fast as they could when they saw their target and would get mad when they got out dmrd by someone who fired less shots, cuz they actually paced them and didn’t spam like an idiot.
“OmG dMr iS sO bAd ReMoVe BlOoM nOw!!” I remember back in the day Bungie refused to cater to the cry babies who whined and cried about this because they didn’t want to adapt to the game and exercise better self control on their trigger pulls, then 343 took over and gave in to the cry babies. I’m not gonna argue with anyone about this as it’s very clearly evident most of you couldn’t handle Reach pre-2011TU, and by definition, needed to git gud, and still do.
Peace!
Your post makes no sense and it’s clear your opinion is ill formed, the fact that living dead is your most played playlist suggests this.

Lets say hypothetically that bloom actually works the way it should. Here is what it still does - It limits players who are good enough to fire at the max RoF and still land every shot - a lot of you consider this spamming, when in actuality it's nothing more than good aim without bloom. At the same time that it forces good players to slow down, it also allows poor players more time to line up their shot so that they don't have to be fast and accurate, but rather just accurate. That's the reason you see so many players complain about bloom while seeing so many still defend it. Why should a good player be forced to let a lesser player have more time to adjust just because they’re good. Shouldn't a deciding factor in the difference of skill between two players be both speed and accuracy?
Bloom allows poor players to play better than they should while it holds back players who don't need to slow down to still remain deadly accurate.

Put a bad player in MLG V7 and they’ll get wrecked.
I hear people saying that bloom makes it to where people with bad aim can be better but people who have good aim can't shoot better than people who have bad aim? Explain how people with good aim are at a disadvantage if you have Superior aim who cares if someone has a longer time to "aim on you". I am good at Halo 5 and Halo Reach. One has Bloom one has none.
Congrats, you're good at the two least competitive Halos on the market. Bloom rewards bad players who spam shots.
Again how does spamming shots make you good if you have Superior aim then you should win right? Spamming shots doesn't make you win battles in OG reach you had to pace your shots otherwise you're not going to hit your target. In original reach you had to pace your shots to shoot people right? The only time people would spam there shots is if somebody is really close to them but at that range the Magnum or the AR would beat it out because of range. In TU settings you spam your shots not in OG, OG you had to pace shots. If you truly are better then pacing your shots wouldn't be a problem and if you're good you have teammates that are good then you know how to work together so it's usually good to be two on one. I have a friend who is not very good at reach and he doesn't like the TU settings, and he was the guy that would spam shots and he would always miss. The fact is that people don't like the DMR being the best weapon out there, there's no damage drop off, it has incredible range can cross map people, it can out beat sniper in some cases the AR and Magnum is useless against it. Please don't call out people it is against the forum rules, next time just be nice to people please, were here to express are opinion just like you. :)
Spamming with bloom adds RNG which allows lower skill players to get lucky and outgun someone with better aim as well as allowing higher skill players to get unlucky and miss shots that would have hit with no or reduced bloom. When you add RNG the game becomes less competitive.
That's why you Pace your shots. People get outplayed by people who pays the shots, much more then someone randomly spamming. Yes RNG plays a factor, but it's not a reliable source of damage. The only time you would spam your shots is if someone was close to you but at that distance the AR was much more reliable. It makes the DMR too easy to use when the AR should be dominating a close-range the DMR taking the lead. What I dont like is that the DMR is too easy to use it rewards people with firing as fast as you can rather than taking your time and shooting. The DMR is not balanced in MCC reach. I understand the MLG perspective but there are other Halos that have no bloom Halo 1, 2, 4, and 5 and there are modes that have no bloom in 3 and Reach for competitive modes. I just want reach the way it was the way that 343 industries promised, they legitimately said nothing about this they said that they were adding "bloom again" that is it.
Purged wrote:
Jim Jam 94 wrote:
FACT: TU was only implemented because there were so many numptys who would just mash that trigger as fast as they could when they saw their target and would get mad when they got out dmrd by someone who fired less shots, cuz they actually paced them and didn’t spam like an idiot.
“OmG dMr iS sO bAd ReMoVe BlOoM nOw!!” I remember back in the day Bungie refused to cater to the cry babies who whined and cried about this because they didn’t want to adapt to the game and exercise better self control on their trigger pulls, then 343 took over and gave in to the cry babies. I’m not gonna argue with anyone about this as it’s very clearly evident most of you couldn’t handle Reach pre-2011TU, and by definition, needed to git gud, and still do.
Peace!
Your post makes no sense and it’s clear your opinion is ill formed, the fact that living dead is your most played playlist suggests this.

Lets say hypothetically that bloom actually works the way it should. Here is what it still does - It limits players who are good enough to fire at the max RoF and still land every shot - a lot of you consider this spamming, when in actuality it's nothing more than good aim without bloom. At the same time that it forces good players to slow down, it also allows poor players more time to line up their shot so that they don't have to be fast and accurate, but rather just accurate. That's the reason you see so many players complain about bloom while seeing so many still defend it. Why should a good player be forced to let a lesser player have more time to adjust just because they’re good. Shouldn't a deciding factor in the difference of skill between two players be both speed and accuracy?
Bloom allows poor players to play better than they should while it holds back players who don't need to slow down to still remain deadly accurate.

Put a bad player in MLG V7 and they’ll get wrecked.
I hear people saying that bloom makes it to where people with bad aim can be better but people who have good aim can't shoot better than people who have bad aim? Explain how people with good aim are at a disadvantage if you have Superior aim who cares if someone has a longer time to "aim on you". I am good at Halo 5 and Halo Reach. One has Bloom one has none.
Congrats, you're good at the two least competitive Halos on the market. Bloom rewards bad players who spam shots.
Again how does spamming shots make you good if you have Superior aim then you should win right? Spamming shots doesn't make you win battles in OG reach you had to pace your shots otherwise you're not going to hit your target. In original reach you had to pace your shots to shoot people right? The only time people would spam there shots is if somebody is really close to them but at that range the Magnum or the AR would beat it out because of range. In TU settings you spam your shots not in OG, OG you had to pace shots. If you truly are better then pacing your shots wouldn't be a problem and if you're good you have teammates that are good then you know how to work together so it's usually good to be two on one. I have a friend who is not very good at reach and he doesn't like the TU settings, and he was the guy that would spam shots and he would always miss. The fact is that people don't like the DMR being the best weapon out there, there's no damage drop off, it has incredible range can cross map people, it can out beat sniper in some cases the AR and Magnum is useless against it. Please don't call out people it is against the forum rules, next time just be nice to people please, were here to express are opinion just like you. :)
Spamming with bloom adds RNG which allows lower skill players to get lucky and outgun someone with better aim as well as allowing higher skill players to get unlucky and miss shots that would have hit with no or reduced bloom. When you add RNG the game becomes less competitive.
That's why you Pace your shots. People get outplayed by people who pays the shots, much more then someone randomly spamming. Yes RNG plays a factor, but it's not a reliable source of damage. The only time you would spam your shots is if someone was close to you but at that distance the AR was much more reliable. It makes the DMR too easy to use when the AR should be dominating a close-range the DMR taking the lead. What I dont like is that the DMR is too easy to use it rewards people with firing as fast as you can rather than taking your time and shooting. The DMR is not balanced in MCC reach. I understand the MLG perspective but there are other Halos that have no bloom Halo 1, 2, 4, and 5 and there are modes that have no bloom in 3 and Reach for competitive modes. I just want reach the way it was the way that 343 industries promised, they legitimately said nothing about this they said that they were adding "bloom again" that is it.
TU does have bloom though, just 15% less
I’ve always played Team Slayer & BTB since Reach’s launch and I’m generally just getting fed up of TU tbh
XFitDaddy wrote:
Bloom was not balanced in OG Reach. Players who decided to pace their shots would constantly lose to players who spammed. Only at very long distances was shot pacing actually encouraged.
This is true. Happened to me many times in CQB.
You have to be pretty close for the bloom not to be overwhelming and at that point you might as well just punch the dude twice LOL
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
Agreed! 343 are you listening?? TU updates have to go. The graphics look great but this is not Reach multiplayer gameplay. This is more like CAMP. Not REACH!! The Bleed through has ruined the experience. Bring back classic Reach!
the players in this game aside from me would rather use a sniper at close range rather than a shotgun, and the only gun the use are persision weapons.
Agreed! 343 are you listening?? TU updates have to go. The graphics look great but this is not Reach multiplayer gameplay. This is more like CAMP. Not REACH!! The Bleed through has ruined the experience. Bring back classic Reach!
And kill the population again. Lots of people hated vanilla reach and quit in droves.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Lyk2 wrote:
I hate the DMR to begin with, it's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer? Where is my beloved AR? And I don't like TU either, It does feel like the others are cheating, i shoot them first, right at the head, multiple times, yet they seem to be able to kill me with one single shot?
"It's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer", Except you know the Needle Rifle, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Focus Rifle, Sword, Hammer, Fuel Rod, Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Laser, Rockets, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Grenade launcher. Which leaves the AR, Repeater, and Magnum as the only outliers which if you noticed is only a small portion of the sandbox.

Obviously it would be nice if all weapons were viable, but this type of hyperbole does nothing to help your case. The DMR isn't "OP" just because a small portion of other weapons are underpowered.
The DMR has no competition meaning the AR cannot beat it in a 1v1 the Magnum cannot beat it in a 1v1 these are the two most common weapons in the game the needle rifle sometimes can beat it but overall you get outplayed by the DMR. And trying to use the shotgun unless you are camping around a corner the DMR will win four shots to the head when you have to shoot twice with a shotgun. Also when trying to use a sniper on a small a DMR can shoot better and is the better choice unless you're playing in BTB even then it's a DMR cesspool. 343 made big team Battle into 4v4 maps with 16 people.
Its not the DMR's fault 3 weapons are badly designed. As for the Needle Rifle the removal of bloom in TU makes it a very effective weapon in its own right, whereas in vanilla it isn't bad, it is just redundant, which again isn't the DMR's fault that the devs were fine with lazy reskins in some areas.

If you can't find success with the Shotgun and Sniper that is all on you fam. 343 didn't do anything, DMR, and by extension precision weapon starts, have always been a part of BTB, many of Reach's maps are just kind of bad, deal with it.

The "DMR makes other weapons useless" argument was always bad and unless you only want to use one of those 3 weapon, the rest of the sandbox works fine. Games have balance problems, sorry your favorite got the short end of the stick.
when you play Slayer you have an assault rifle or DMR choice everybody's going to use the DMR you cannot go up against the DMR with any other three weapons so just because three weapons as you say or underpowered does not mean that the DMR should be the go-to weapon for all Case scenarios. Yes the sandbox is not balanced but the weapons that you are given at the beginning of the game should at least be capable have a chance at least it take on the DMR the pistol and the AR cannot you literally will not win at all. Out of the three weapons you're given everyone will choose the DMR. And one last thing the shotgun in the sniper are good weapons but I can guarantee that if a shotgun is rushing towards you what are you going to do it takes two shotgun shots to kill you where the DMR takes for sometimes three because of the bleed out shenanigans. For the sniper if someone is sniping on a small map it is very easy for a DMR to take on a sniper.
Again, it does suck that some weapons are not up to par, but forcing people to use bad weapons does not make for great game design. The 3 weapons I mentioned are bad in vanilla, bad in TU, and bad in both DMR and AR starts. The weapons you spawn with should be good weapons, which is why DMR starts work and ARs don't. I wish the AR and Magnum were viable weapons in their own right by they just are not, we have to choose the best settings for the game we have not the one we wish we had.

Re: Shotgun rushing straight towards a weapon with better range is never a good idea, its like the Shotgun is supposed to be used at close range or something. As far as the sniper goes, that is kind of the point. Utility weapons like the DMR or BR, or CE Pistol before it are the great equalizers that let a team on the backfoot get back into the game by using their versatile precision weapon to exploit the weaknesses of power weapons.
I don't think you're understanding I agree with everything you said I just do not like how powerful the DMR is right now and the MCC reach there is no weapon that is its true competitor end of story there is nothing else, if there is then tell me what is better overall than the DMR because it's not the needle rifle, what focus rifle?
There isn't supposed to be a direct competitor, even if I would argue that the TU Needle Rifle is more than a match. The DMR is the resident utility weapon in Halo Reach, it is the anchor point for the entire game. You spawn with a strong utility that allows you to break out of unfavorable position through skilled play and ideally have strong niche weapons that allow you to specialize. You should be picking up weapons to gain specific advantages rather than pure upgrades. I grab a Focus rifle to be better at range and melt shields, I grab a Plasma Pistol for EMP and potent close range damage, I grab a concussion rifle to counter close range weapons like the Shotgun, sword, and hammer(which I grab for their OHK capability at close range).

The DMR's effective niche is to be versatile which means it gets a lot of use. The system is working as intended, there is just a small number of weapons that don't work as well as they should.
"Skilled play" Should require skill. That's the whole problem with taking away bloom. Now you can spam at any range - skill not required. It is better than any weapon at any range.
Gikbura wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Lyk2 wrote:
I hate the DMR to begin with, it's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer? Where is my beloved AR? And I don't like TU either, It does feel like the others are cheating, i shoot them first, right at the head, multiple times, yet they seem to be able to kill me with one single shot?
"It's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer", Except you know the Needle Rifle, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Focus Rifle, Sword, Hammer, Fuel Rod, Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Laser, Rockets, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Grenade launcher. Which leaves the AR, Repeater, and Magnum as the only outliers which if you noticed is only a small portion of the sandbox.

Obviously it would be nice if all weapons were viable, but this type of hyperbole does nothing to help your case. The DMR isn't "OP" just because a small portion of other weapons are underpowered.
The DMR has no competition meaning the AR cannot beat it in a 1v1 the Magnum cannot beat it in a 1v1 these are the two most common weapons in the game the needle rifle sometimes can beat it but overall you get outplayed by the DMR. And trying to use the shotgun unless you are camping around a corner the DMR will win four shots to the head when you have to shoot twice with a shotgun. Also when trying to use a sniper on a small a DMR can shoot better and is the better choice unless you're playing in BTB even then it's a DMR cesspool. 343 made big team Battle into 4v4 maps with 16 people.
Its not the DMR's fault 3 weapons are badly designed. As for the Needle Rifle the removal of bloom in TU makes it a very effective weapon in its own right, whereas in vanilla it isn't bad, it is just redundant, which again isn't the DMR's fault that the devs were fine with lazy reskins in some areas.

If you can't find success with the Shotgun and Sniper that is all on you fam. 343 didn't do anything, DMR, and by extension precision weapon starts, have always been a part of BTB, many of Reach's maps are just kind of bad, deal with it.

The "DMR makes other weapons useless" argument was always bad and unless you only want to use one of those 3 weapon, the rest of the sandbox works fine. Games have balance problems, sorry your favorite got the short end of the stick.
when you play Slayer you have an assault rifle or DMR choice everybody's going to use the DMR you cannot go up against the DMR with any other three weapons so just because three weapons as you say or underpowered does not mean that the DMR should be the go-to weapon for all Case scenarios. Yes the sandbox is not balanced but the weapons that you are given at the beginning of the game should at least be capable have a chance at least it take on the DMR the pistol and the AR cannot you literally will not win at all. Out of the three weapons you're given everyone will choose the DMR. And one last thing the shotgun in the sniper are good weapons but I can guarantee that if a shotgun is rushing towards you what are you going to do it takes two shotgun shots to kill you where the DMR takes for sometimes three because of the bleed out shenanigans. For the sniper if someone is sniping on a small map it is very easy for a DMR to take on a sniper.
Again, it does suck that some weapons are not up to par, but forcing people to use bad weapons does not make for great game design. The 3 weapons I mentioned are bad in vanilla, bad in TU, and bad in both DMR and AR starts. The weapons you spawn with should be good weapons, which is why DMR starts work and ARs don't. I wish the AR and Magnum were viable weapons in their own right by they just are not, we have to choose the best settings for the game we have not the one we wish we had.

Re: Shotgun rushing straight towards a weapon with better range is never a good idea, its like the Shotgun is supposed to be used at close range or something. As far as the sniper goes, that is kind of the point. Utility weapons like the DMR or BR, or CE Pistol before it are the great equalizers that let a team on the backfoot get back into the game by using their versatile precision weapon to exploit the weaknesses of power weapons.
"Skilled play" Should require skill. That's the whole problem with taking away bloom. Now you can spam at any range - skill not required. It is better than any weapon at any range.
100% Bloom did nothing to encourage skill. It's a bad mechanic. It either slowed down gunfights, or it decided close-to-mid-range fights through RNG. Who can get that lucky last shot? Who can say? Bloom's RNG.
Think ill chuck my 2c into the chaos.

- all other skillful shooters have precise or predictable weaponry.
- all halo games have had a precise utility weapon, ar starts have always been un-ideal.
- bloom and spread are lotto mechanics.
- Aim assist, red reticule ranges and hitboxes were too much in reach.
- the key issue was the above point + a zoom too long, too easy to hit shots but also from any range.
- lotto mechanics are not the answer, the other mechanics were too hand-holdy.
- zero bloom is the best setting, but it starts to impede balance on the non-comp maps.
- late 2011 mlg halo died, other shooters came out + mass exodus from xbox to pc happened for steam, minecraft and LoL.
- invasion was a dead playlist, routinely had less than 5k players at peak times, was one of the least populated playlists by start of 2011, 3 months in.
- halo was always a fast paced game, its just not faux-adrenalised like cod and clones, or physically fast like arena shooters. It had a dynamic pace, it could be dead slow or the team could be wiped 3-4 times over in a minute. Bloom set a cap on pace, made the standoffy maps more standoffish.
Gikbura wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Lyk2 wrote:
I hate the DMR to begin with, it's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer? Where is my beloved AR? And I don't like TU either, It does feel like the others are cheating, i shoot them first, right at the head, multiple times, yet they seem to be able to kill me with one single shot?
"It's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer", Except you know the Needle Rifle, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Focus Rifle, Sword, Hammer, Fuel Rod, Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Laser, Rockets, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Grenade launcher. Which leaves the AR, Repeater, and Magnum as the only outliers which if you noticed is only a small portion of the sandbox.

Obviously it would be nice if all weapons were viable, but this type of hyperbole does nothing to help your case. The DMR isn't "OP" just because a small portion of other weapons are underpowered.
The DMR has no competition meaning the AR cannot beat it in a 1v1 the Magnum cannot beat it in a 1v1 these are the two most common weapons in the game the needle rifle sometimes can beat it but overall you get outplayed by the DMR. And trying to use the shotgun unless you are camping around a corner the DMR will win four shots to the head when you have to shoot twice with a shotgun. Also when trying to use a sniper on a small a DMR can shoot better and is the better choice unless you're playing in BTB even then it's a DMR cesspool. 343 made big team Battle into 4v4 maps with 16 people.
Its not the DMR's fault 3 weapons are badly designed. As for the Needle Rifle the removal of bloom in TU makes it a very effective weapon in its own right, whereas in vanilla it isn't bad, it is just redundant, which again isn't the DMR's fault that the devs were fine with lazy reskins in some areas.

If you can't find success with the Shotgun and Sniper that is all on you fam. 343 didn't do anything, DMR, and by extension precision weapon starts, have always been a part of BTB, many of Reach's maps are just kind of bad, deal with it.

The "DMR makes other weapons useless" argument was always bad and unless you only want to use one of those 3 weapon, the rest of the sandbox works fine. Games have balance problems, sorry your favorite got the short end of the stick.
when you play Slayer you have an assault rifle or DMR choice everybody's going to use the DMR you cannot go up against the DMR with any other three weapons so just because three weapons as you say or underpowered does not mean that the DMR should be the go-to weapon for all Case scenarios. Yes the sandbox is not balanced but the weapons that you are given at the beginning of the game should at least be capable have a chance at least it take on the DMR the pistol and the AR cannot you literally will not win at all. Out of the three weapons you're given everyone will choose the DMR. And one last thing the shotgun in the sniper are good weapons but I can guarantee that if a shotgun is rushing towards you what are you going to do it takes two shotgun shots to kill you where the DMR takes for sometimes three because of the bleed out shenanigans. For the sniper if someone is sniping on a small map it is very easy for a DMR to take on a sniper.
Again, it does suck that some weapons are not up to par, but forcing people to use bad weapons does not make for great game design. The 3 weapons I mentioned are bad in vanilla, bad in TU, and bad in both DMR and AR starts. The weapons you spawn with should be good weapons, which is why DMR starts work and ARs don't. I wish the AR and Magnum were viable weapons in their own right by they just are not, we have to choose the best settings for the game we have not the one we wish we had.

Re: Shotgun rushing straight towards a weapon with better range is never a good idea, its like the Shotgun is supposed to be used at close range or something. As far as the sniper goes, that is kind of the point. Utility weapons like the DMR or BR, or CE Pistol before it are the great equalizers that let a team on the backfoot get back into the game by using their versatile precision weapon to exploit the weaknesses of power weapons.
I don't think you're understanding I agree with everything you said I just do not like how powerful the DMR is right now and the MCC reach there is no weapon that is its true competitor end of story there is nothing else, if there is then tell me what is better overall than the DMR because it's not the needle rifle, what focus rifle?
There isn't supposed to be a direct competitor, even if I would argue that the TU Needle Rifle is more than a match. The DMR is the resident utility weapon in Halo Reach, it is the anchor point for the entire game. You spawn with a strong utility that allows you to break out of unfavorable position through skilled play and ideally have strong niche weapons that allow you to specialize. You should be picking up weapons to gain specific advantages rather than pure upgrades. I grab a Focus rifle to be better at range and melt shields, I grab a Plasma Pistol for EMP and potent close range damage, I grab a concussion rifle to counter close range weapons like the Shotgun, sword, and hammer(which I grab for their OHK capability at close range).

The DMR's effective niche is to be versatile which means it gets a lot of use. The system is working as intended, there is just a small number of weapons that don't work as well as they should.
"Skilled play" Should require skill. That's the whole problem with taking away bloom. Now you can spam at any range - skill not required. It is better than any weapon at any range.
Bloom is not what makes using a particular weapon difficult, it only adds RNG to the proceedings. You wouldn't hear me complaining about reducing Auto-aim and magnetism in Halo, but that is beside the point, the precision weapons still require more skill to use than other weapons in the Reach sandbox. Spawning players with worse weapons that have a lower skill gap doesn't help anything.
In my personal opinion: The only gametype where full blown non-TU reticle bloom "works" and actually improves gameplay is SWAT. As it originally stood, 100% bloom was far too much for viable competitive play. At medium/close range you'd have DMR/Pistol 1v1s end suddenly when the bloom randomly favored one player with a headshot. It wasn't skill-based due to the randomness of the bloom. Now with TU-bloom it is far better. You are in the minority and it's highly unlikely that Halo Reach BTB will ever reduce or increase the bloom again during the remainder of its lifespan.
Gikbura wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Lyk2 wrote:
I hate the DMR to begin with, it's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer? Where is my beloved AR? And I don't like TU either, It does feel like the others are cheating, i shoot them first, right at the head, multiple times, yet they seem to be able to kill me with one single shot?
"It's like thats the only Weapon left in Multiplayer", Except you know the Needle Rifle, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Focus Rifle, Sword, Hammer, Fuel Rod, Plasma Launcher, Concussion Rifle, Laser, Rockets, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, and Grenade launcher. Which leaves the AR, Repeater, and Magnum as the only outliers which if you noticed is only a small portion of the sandbox.

Obviously it would be nice if all weapons were viable, but this type of hyperbole does nothing to help your case. The DMR isn't "OP" just because a small portion of other weapons are underpowered.
The DMR has no competition meaning the AR cannot beat it in a 1v1 the Magnum cannot beat it in a 1v1 these are the two most common weapons in the game the needle rifle sometimes can beat it but overall you get outplayed by the DMR. And trying to use the shotgun unless you are camping around a corner the DMR will win four shots to the head when you have to shoot twice with a shotgun. Also when trying to use a sniper on a small a DMR can shoot better and is the better choice unless you're playing in BTB even then it's a DMR cesspool. 343 made big team Battle into 4v4 maps with 16 people.
Its not the DMR's fault 3 weapons are badly designed. As for the Needle Rifle the removal of bloom in TU makes it a very effective weapon in its own right, whereas in vanilla it isn't bad, it is just redundant, which again isn't the DMR's fault that the devs were fine with lazy reskins in some areas.

If you can't find success with the Shotgun and Sniper that is all on you fam. 343 didn't do anything, DMR, and by extension precision weapon starts, have always been a part of BTB, many of Reach's maps are just kind of bad, deal with it.

The "DMR makes other weapons useless" argument was always bad and unless you only want to use one of those 3 weapon, the rest of the sandbox works fine. Games have balance problems, sorry your favorite got the short end of the stick.
when you play Slayer you have an assault rifle or DMR choice everybody's going to use the DMR you cannot go up against the DMR with any other three weapons so just because three weapons as you say or underpowered does not mean that the DMR should be the go-to weapon for all Case scenarios. Yes the sandbox is not balanced but the weapons that you are given at the beginning of the game should at least be capable have a chance at least it take on the DMR the pistol and the AR cannot you literally will not win at all. Out of the three weapons you're given everyone will choose the DMR. And one last thing the shotgun in the sniper are good weapons but I can guarantee that if a shotgun is rushing towards you what are you going to do it takes two shotgun shots to kill you where the DMR takes for sometimes three because of the bleed out shenanigans. For the sniper if someone is sniping on a small map it is very easy for a DMR to take on a sniper.
Again, it does suck that some weapons are not up to par, but forcing people to use bad weapons does not make for great game design. The 3 weapons I mentioned are bad in vanilla, bad in TU, and bad in both DMR and AR starts. The weapons you spawn with should be good weapons, which is why DMR starts work and ARs don't. I wish the AR and Magnum were viable weapons in their own right by they just are not, we have to choose the best settings for the game we have not the one we wish we had.

Re: Shotgun rushing straight towards a weapon with better range is never a good idea, its like the Shotgun is supposed to be used at close range or something. As far as the sniper goes, that is kind of the point. Utility weapons like the DMR or BR, or CE Pistol before it are the great equalizers that let a team on the backfoot get back into the game by using their versatile precision weapon to exploit the weaknesses of power weapons.
I don't think you're understanding I agree with everything you said I just do not like how powerful the DMR is right now and the MCC reach there is no weapon that is its true competitor end of story there is nothing else, if there is then tell me what is better overall than the DMR because it's not the needle rifle, what focus rifle?
There isn't supposed to be a direct competitor, even if I would argue that the TU Needle Rifle is more than a match. The DMR is the resident utility weapon in Halo Reach, it is the anchor point for the entire game. You spawn with a strong utility that allows you to break out of unfavorable position through skilled play and ideally have strong niche weapons that allow you to specialize. You should be picking up weapons to gain specific advantages rather than pure upgrades. I grab a Focus rifle to be better at range and melt shields, I grab a Plasma Pistol for EMP and potent close range damage, I grab a concussion rifle to counter close range weapons like the Shotgun, sword, and hammer(which I grab for their OHK capability at close range).

The DMR's effective niche is to be versatile which means it gets a lot of use. The system is working as intended, there is just a small number of weapons that don't work as well as they should.
"Skilled play" Should require skill. That's the whole problem with taking away bloom. Now you can spam at any range - skill not required. It is better than any weapon at any range.
Injecting RNG (bloom) into skillful gameplay mechanics (aim/accuracy) does not improve the skill gap; it compresses it.

Unbelievable that this topic is still debated on this forum.
Purged wrote:
Jim Jam 94 wrote:
FACT: TU was only implemented because there were so many numptys who would just mash that trigger as fast as they could when they saw their target and would get mad when they got out dmrd by someone who fired less shots, cuz they actually paced them and didn’t spam like an idiot.
“OmG dMr iS sO bAd ReMoVe BlOoM nOw!!” I remember back in the day Bungie refused to cater to the cry babies who whined and cried about this because they didn’t want to adapt to the game and exercise better self control on their trigger pulls, then 343 took over and gave in to the cry babies. I’m not gonna argue with anyone about this as it’s very clearly evident most of you couldn’t handle Reach pre-2011TU, and by definition, needed to git gud, and still do.
Peace!
Your post makes no sense and it’s clear your opinion is ill formed, the fact that living dead is your most played playlist suggests this.

Lets say hypothetically that bloom actually works the way it should. Here is what it still does - It limits players who are good enough to fire at the max RoF and still land every shot - a lot of you consider this spamming, when in actuality it's nothing more than good aim without bloom. At the same time that it forces good players to slow down, it also allows poor players more time to line up their shot so that they don't have to be fast and accurate, but rather just accurate. That's the reason you see so many players complain about bloom while seeing so many still defend it. Why should a good player be forced to let a lesser player have more time to adjust just because they’re good. Shouldn't a deciding factor in the difference of skill between two players be both speed and accuracy?
Bloom allows poor players to play better than they should while it holds back players who don't need to slow down to still remain deadly accurate.

Put a bad player in MLG V7 and they’ll get wrecked.
I hear people saying that bloom makes it to where people with bad aim can be better but people who have good aim can't shoot better than people who have bad aim? Explain how people with good aim are at a disadvantage if you have Superior aim who cares if someone has a longer time to "aim on you". I am good at Halo 5 and Halo Reach. One has Bloom one has none.
Congrats, you're good at the two least competitive Halos on the market. Bloom rewards bad players who spam shots.
Again how does spamming shots make you good if you have Superior aim then you should win right? Spamming shots doesn't make you win battles in OG reach you had to pace your shots otherwise you're not going to hit your target. In original reach you had to pace your shots to shoot people right? The only time people would spam there shots is if somebody is really close to them but at that range the Magnum or the AR would beat it out because of range. In TU settings you spam your shots not in OG, OG you had to pace shots. If you truly are better then pacing your shots wouldn't be a problem and if you're good you have teammates that are good then you know how to work together so it's usually good to be two on one. I have a friend who is not very good at reach and he doesn't like the TU settings, and he was the guy that would spam shots and he would always miss. The fact is that people don't like the DMR being the best weapon out there, there's no damage drop off, it has incredible range can cross map people, it can out beat sniper in some cases the AR and Magnum is useless against it. Please don't call out people it is against the forum rules, next time just be nice to people please, were here to express are opinion just like you. :)
Spamming with bloom adds RNG which allows lower skill players to get lucky and outgun someone with better aim as well as allowing higher skill players to get unlucky and miss shots that would have hit with no or reduced bloom. When you add RNG the game becomes less competitive.
That's why you Pace your shots. People get outplayed by people who pays the shots, much more then someone randomly spamming. Yes RNG plays a factor, but it's not a reliable source of damage. The only time you would spam your shots is if someone was close to you but at that distance the AR was much more reliable. It makes the DMR too easy to use when the AR should be dominating a close-range the DMR taking the lead. What I dont like is that the DMR is too easy to use it rewards people with firing as fast as you can rather than taking your time and shooting. The DMR is not balanced in MCC reach. I understand the MLG perspective but there are other Halos that have no bloom Halo 1, 2, 4, and 5 and there are modes that have no bloom in 3 and Reach for competitive modes. I just want reach the way it was the way that 343 industries promised, they legitimately said nothing about this they said that they were adding "bloom again" that is it.
TU does have bloom though, just 15% less
And it completely changed the gun, you can snipe across maps with it, you can use it in close quarters. Out beats an AR, Magnum, plasma pistol, plasma rifle, plasma repeater and hell even a needle rifle or a shotgun in some cases. I like what they did with armor lock.

What I don't like is that they're lowering the bloom for the DMR which makes the gun really powerful there's no point to have a Magnum or an AR or any of the other weapons I said. Also the new bleed through doesn't help the game either. it's just too easy and everyone is going to use it that's why there was variety so people who are good with one weapon could be outplayed by someone who is good with another weapon make good interesting stories.

Halo Reach is boring right now because there's no variety in weapon choices. I suggest they make the automatic weapons to a very little bit more damage so it can compete with the DMR in close ranges if they're not going to change the bloom percentage. But that is just my opinion.
Not going to lie guys, I haven't touched the game in almost 2 weeks because I get really bored.
Not going to lie guys, I haven't touched the game in almost 2 weeks because I get really bored.
I bought the Reach add on as soon as it came out and the minute I realized pretty much everything was TU settings and DMR starts I wanted an immediate refund. But it was already too late. I reinstalled the whole MCC for this garbage, but I guess I should’ve just stuck with the still superior 360 version. Only upside is the campaign looks a little nicer. But I haven’t played it since day 2 of its release. If I want actual Reach multiplayer I still have to load it up on 360 version on Saturday nights.
Not going to lie guys, I haven't touched the game in almost 2 weeks because I get really bored.
I bought the Reach add on as soon as it came out and the minute I realized pretty much everything was TU settings and DMR starts I wanted an immediate refund. But it was already too late. I reinstalled the whole MCC for this garbage, but I guess I should’ve just stuck with the still superior 360 version. Only upside is the campaign looks a little nicer. But I haven’t played it since day 2 of its release. If I want actual Reach multiplayer I still have to load it up on 360 version on Saturday nights.
To be honest, I was more of a Halo 3 and Halo 2 guy. I never really liked Reach all that much until the end of its lifespan. So that was a mistake on my part.
Not going to lie guys, I haven't touched the game in almost 2 weeks because I get really bored.
I bought the Reach add on as soon as it came out and the minute I realized pretty much everything was TU settings and DMR starts I wanted an immediate refund. But it was already too late. I reinstalled the whole MCC for this garbage, but I guess I should’ve just stuck with the still superior 360 version. Only upside is the campaign looks a little nicer. But I haven’t played it since day 2 of its release. If I want actual Reach multiplayer I still have to load it up on 360 version on Saturday nights.
To be honest, I was more of a Halo 3 and Halo 2 guy. I never really liked Reach all that much until the end of its lifespan. So that was a mistake on my part.
I liked Halo 2/3 pretty well but Reach multiplayer really clicked with me. I had a lot of fun with it. The TU poured cold water on it but thankfully they kept some playlists going without TU settings. What’s interesting is that you didn’t really care for Reach all that much in the first place and this new iteration of it doesn’t really do it for you. So if it’s not very fun to a guy who’s more a fan of Halo 2/3 and it’s not very fun to a guy who’s more a fan of Reach, then who was this meant for for exactly?
Not going to lie guys, I haven't touched the game in almost 2 weeks because I get really bored.
I bought the Reach add on as soon as it came out and the minute I realized pretty much everything was TU settings and DMR starts I wanted an immediate refund. But it was already too late. I reinstalled the whole MCC for this garbage, but I guess I should’ve just stuck with the still superior 360 version. Only upside is the campaign looks a little nicer. But I haven’t played it since day 2 of its release. If I want actual Reach multiplayer I still have to load it up on 360 version on Saturday nights.
To be honest, I was more of a Halo 3 and Halo 2 guy. I never really liked Reach all that much until the end of its lifespan. So that was a mistake on my part.
I liked Halo 2/3 pretty well but Reach multiplayer really clicked with me. I had a lot of fun with it. The TU poured cold water on it but thankfully they kept some playlists going without TU settings. What’s interesting is that you didn’t really care for Reach all that much in the first place and this new iteration of it doesn’t really do it for you. So if it’s not very fun to a guy who’s more a fan of Halo 2/3 and it’s not very fun to a guy who’s more a fan of Reach, then who was this meant for for exactly?
Reach came out at a time when me and all my friends were working or in college. So this game is like the last Hurrah. Sadly, we're all older and the appeal of this game that made me ignore a lot of the issues was playing with friends :(.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. ...
  8. 9