Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With today's update the Fifty Grand challenge has been nerfed into the Twenty Grand challenge.

Quote:
Complete Campaign mission with a score of 20,000 or higher.
This is a pleasant surprise and I'm grateful for the change, especially since I had simply decided I wouldn't be getting the Fifty Grand challenge each week.

I'm interested in what levels would be efficient for getting the 20,000 points?

So far I have played Halo: CE's The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary with the Pinata skull on with a score of 26,397.

I am thinking next I will try Halo 3's Floodgate on Legendary. I'll report back with my score, but I'd love to hear some suggestions!
JB Linken wrote:
With today's update the Fifty Grand challenge has been nerfed into the Twenty Grand challenge.

Quote:
This is a pleasant surprise and I'm grateful for the change, especially since I had simply decided I wouldn't be getting the Fifty Grand challenge each week.

So far I have played Halo: CE's The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary with the Pinata skull on with a score of 26,397.

I am thinking next I will try Halo 3's Floodgate on Legendary. I'll report back with my score, but I'd love to hear some suggestions!
Fifty grand was easy, do the first mission of H4 on legendary with a couple of skulls.
LethalQ wrote:
JB Linken wrote:

Quote:

Fifty grand was easy, do the first mission of H4 on legendary with a couple of skulls.
Well shoot, lol.

At least I can take this knowledge going forward for the current challenge! Thanks for the tip.
Stuck with Floodgate on Heroic, just with less skulls on. Only had Mythic and Tough Luck on and got over 30k.

You can even do it with no skulls if you know what you're doing. Still got just under 30k with no skulls on in about 8 1/2 min.
You could do New Alexandria and shoot down Banshees and Phantoms.
50k wasn’t even hard h4 shutdown legendary kill phantoms than go to final tower
I played through the Ark on Normal with 2 skulls on and managed 24k.
JB Linken wrote:

Quote:

I played The Covenant on Normal in Halo 3 with a few skulls on and got 32,000+ easily.
Stuck with Floodgate on Heroic, just with less skulls on. Only had Mythic and Tough Luck on and got over 30k.

You can even do it with no skulls if you know what you're doing. Still got just under 30k with no skulls on in about 8 1/2 min.
Yep, Just did Floodgate. 7.5 minutes, got 41k score on Heroic with some skulls.
50 Grand was not hard for me at least. I usually did Floodgate in H3 on legendary with skulls on and a speed run, Cortana in H3 is great too with the same strategy, and also Delta Halo in H2 with some skulls on Legendary going as fast as possible to get a crazy time bonus.
I would have preferred that they kept the 50,000 challenge and maybe add more like the 20,000 or even higher. Then have the higher point ones be worth more and the less points be worth less.
The method I have used to complete the Twenty Grand challenge is to play Shutdown on Normal with Famine and Fog skull active. The first thing that is done is to take down all 10 of the Phantoms in the Pelican section, then do the major skip and kill every enemy between the first and second gravity lift. This method should provide 30,000 points within 10 minutes of playtime. If you wish to get double the amount of points (60,000), then you can do this on Heroic.
Bobross343 wrote:
50k wasn’t even hard h4 shutdown legendary kill phantoms than go to final tower
Cool well now I see why it was needed. H4 isn't available on PC yet.
Any level with lots of vehicles to destroy - throw on a few skulls that don't affect you much, like fog or even famine, and play on Heroic. Works quite well.
Twenty Grand can be still a bit of a drag having to play through 3 missions for just 1 point, but at least now I guess we're less likely to have to play the same mission 3 times in a row.
I do long night of solace on normal (Halo reach)
JB Linken wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
JB Linken wrote:

Quote:

Well shoot, lol.

At least I can take this knowledge going forward for the current challenge! Thanks for the tip.
Twenty grand is now a breeze... I still do the first mission in H4 on heroic, with two skulls, the one that upgrades the enemies and one that takes away the motion tracker. I have gotten so good at it now I can do the mission in ten minutes give or take a minute. Head shot grunts with the pistol, noob combo the elites, and at the end if you jump down and get to the missle quickly you don't have to kill that last group of covies. I have over twenty grand every time.
dryrain23 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:

Quote:

I played The Covenant on Normal in Halo 3 with a few skulls on and got 32,000+ easily.
I played the Coastal Highway stage in Halo ODST and got mine.
I've just been playing NMPD HQ on ODST on Heroic with Tough Luck (and Grunt Birthday Party and IWHBYD) on. I've been getting over 20k easily. Also, I'm having fun shooting down all those banshees and phantoms with missile pods at the end section.
I just do Coastal Highway on normal with the famine skull on since I get well over twenty grand and I also get the Car Alarm challenge done.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2