Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Use fortnites crossplay techniques for pc and xbox

OP Slayerkodi

Fortnites system of matching up controller players with other controllers players, and keyboard and mouse Vs other keyboard and mouse users on any system I think would work well with the MCC on both pc and Xbox.
If you guys decide to add keyboard and mouse to Xbox MCC, then we can have cross platform that is fair for all players - regardless of system. Also mainly this increases the player count for all users!

I can't see anything wrong with using this system here.

If this project xcloud becomes available at any point soon we will be playing with our mobile devices too, mobile could also benefit from this as they can also use keyboard and mouse and controllers aswel.

Edit: I've seen some other threads talking about how pc has the unfair advantage of uncapped FPS and "extra features", to combat this
when you match pc players with Xbox in matchmaking (we should have control of this - opt in), pc has the "extra features" turned off and the FPS is capped to the same as xbox - using these systems I don't see why we wouldn't welcome this as it would literally be a level playing field for all.
I personally think that the easiest option right now to introduce cross-play is dedicated playlists, where both Xbox and PC players can fight together.
The Keyboard + Mouse support would also be great
I would love for them to implement a system like this. My friend is mainly on PC and I'm sure that others have a similar situation, so if cross-play could happen with a system like Fortnite's , that would be great! At the very least, custom game cross-play between Xbox and PC is a must.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Slayerkodi wrote:
So how about it 343?
There won't be crossplay at launch but it is being looked at later on. The MCC came out before play anywhere was a thing on Xbox, it may sound simple but it is a complex thing to add to a game's coding and UI, especially when comparing a game like Halo MCC which currently has 6 different engines in it compared to Fortnite which just has one.
Slayerkodi wrote:
So how about it 343?
There won't be crossplay at launch but it is being looked at later on. The MCC came out before play anywhere was a thing on Xbox, it may sound simple but it is a complex thing to add to a game's coding and UI, especially when comparing a game like Halo MCC which currently has 6 different engines in it compared to Fortnite which just has one.
We're not talking about play anywhere....
Yes we should have cross platform! We need it!❤️
343 can we get a response please
Slayerkodi wrote:
Slayerkodi wrote:
So how about it 343?
We're not talking about play anywhere....
The play anywhere initiative is essentially crossplay. There are many issues that would be involved when trying to make mcc "crossplay". Simply put just saying do it like "fotnite" means nothing. Fortnite was developed in a manner that as the game was made for pc, xbox, ps4, etc. After it was finished it was fine tuned according to the platforms specifications. Where as mcc is taking 34e staff members and other dev teams and modders from the community to do it justice on pc, essentially reverse engineering and rebuilding it. Just be happy that they are looking into it at all.
So long as there's a toggle for cross-play, I'd be all for cross-play. The OP's solution, actually, sounds like a rather attractive way to go about it, too!

Though, I do think it should be added that custom games should allow the host to decide what extra PC goodness is allowed. I can see it being rather annoying for some PC users to go into something like Forge and be handicapped. Same goes for campaign co-op, as settings should differentiate between those doing just a casual campaign run and a competitive scored campaign run.