1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Yes to veto, no to voting.
Voting and veto sound like good ideas on paper, but honestly, I'd rather keep our current system the way that it is. Yeah, there are instances where the same map and/or gamemode are picked several times in a row. However, this same problem happens even with voting enabled. In fact, I'd say it happens more often. Back then, super popular maps like Valhalla/Ragnarok would get voted for several times in a row. And on occasion when these maps weren't available, quite a few players would back out and try to matchmake into a different game.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Voting and veto sound like good ideas on paper, but honestly, I'd rather keep our current system the way that it is. Yeah, there are instances where the same map and/or gamemode are picked several times in a row. However, this same problem happens even with voting enabled. In fact, I'd say it happens more often. Back then, super popular maps like Valhalla/Ragnarok would get voted for several times in a row. And on occasion when these maps weren't available, quite a few players would back out and try to matchmake into a different game.
That’s actually true: the fact you do not know what you will play before the match reduces a lot quitting.
Yes same maps all the time even pros complain about it like royal 2 and no joke why do I want to play 1 flag high ground when playing 50s in team slayer just bring the voting system back every halo has it and most other games do.
Voting does not need to return, but maps and gametypes should not be weighted differently if they are. I don't know how they can diversify the maps, but they need to do something to prevent the same map/game/gametype over and over
EU Tripper wrote:
Yes same maps all the time even pros complain about it like royal 2 and no joke why do I want to play 1 flag high ground when playing 50s in team slayer just bring the voting system back every halo has it and most other games do.
exactly dude, it just gets old playing high ranked games and playing high ground 2-3 times in the last 5 games
I know what H5 does is look to see what the last map played by all the players was, and excludes that map from being chosen during the current game after the match is made.

The challenge with going back more than one game is that there are only so many maps to go around.

I’d be curious to know what rules if any go into preventing maps from coming up twice in a row. Can Postums shed any light on how this works currently?
I know what H5 does is look to see what the last map played by all the players was, and excludes that map from being chosen during the current game after the match is made.

The challenge with going back more than one game is that there are only so many maps to go around.

I’d be curious to know what rules if any go into preventing maps from coming up twice in a row. Can Postums shed any light on how this works currently?
I've had the same thing occur in H5 tho
NO.

Eliminating voting was the best thing 343’s ever done. A return to H2’s “you get what you get, now play” system. Too much time wasted, and a completely tyranny of the majority resulting in ALL br-starts and some levels never being played ever. -Yoink- voting.
NO.

Eliminating voting was the best thing 343’s ever done. A return to H2’s “you get what you get, now play” system. Too much time wasted, and a completely tyranny of the majority resulting in ALL br-starts and some levels never being played ever. -Yoink- voting.
Jimmbabwe wrote:
This game seriously needs a voting or veto option for gametypes and maps like back in Reach and Halo 3. Its honestly insane how many times we replay the same maps and gamemodes over and over and over and over and over again, its ridiculous. Ask the pros who play constantly as well, Royal 2 even clipped it from a stream recently where he got Construct KOTH at least 3 times in a row. Its crazy, we need something to have some option for some variety.
Thank you I’ve been saying this for awhile now with ranked playlists. Some reason 343 can’t articulate why it doesnt exist anymore. There is absolutely no good reason for it to not exist. They hid the other team to prevent backing out but they took it 43 steps further to remove the vote? Makes no sense.

Also, no one wants to play objective in Arena modes. Have an HONEST survey and you’ll have the truth.
They have talked about their reasons in the past for changing things
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-update
Quote:
The MCC community has given lots of feedback over the years that the original voting system that was used to determine the game/map offerings for Matchmaking wasn’t ideal and made it challenging for players to play what they wanted, when they wanted. With this update, most Matchmaking Playlists have been broken up into per-game offerings, ensuring you can enjoy Halo 3 BTB all day long or stick with Halo 4 Team Arena if that’s your preference. MCC also now offers continuous Matchmaking so once a game ends, players will be able to get right back in the action quickly and conveniently.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-2
Quote:
I also noticed that the “Vote” function was removed from the build, which is in line with the team’s plans to adjust how playlists work and address one of the frustrations many players report today when the population generally only votes for Halo 3.
STOMPDOWN wrote:
Jimmbabwe wrote:
This game seriously needs a voting or veto option for gametypes and maps like back in Reach and Halo 3. Its honestly insane how many times we replay the same maps and gamemodes over and over and over and over and over again, its ridiculous. Ask the pros who play constantly as well, Royal 2 even clipped it from a stream recently where he got Construct KOTH at least 3 times in a row. Its crazy, we need something to have some option for some variety.
Thank you I’ve been saying this for awhile now with ranked playlists. Some reason 343 can’t articulate why it doesnt exist anymore. There is absolutely no good reason for it to not exist. They hid the other team to prevent backing out but they took it 43 steps further to remove the vote? Makes no sense.

Also, no one wants to play objective in Arena modes. Have an HONEST survey and you’ll have the truth.
I mean in Hardcore and Team Arena I love playing OBJ especially if you have a good team. Also gives some smarter players who don't necessarily get a lot of kills a chance to shine a little. But yeah its insane honestly.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
jcwrekszZ1 wrote:
NO.

There is a reason why smg spawn game modes were avoided..... they are not fun. BRs make it balanced for both sides. Certain game modes and map combinations are avoided for good reason
skewer647 wrote:
jcwrekszZ1 wrote:
NO.

There is a reason why smg spawn game modes were avoided..... they are not fun. BRs make it balanced for both sides. Certain game modes and map combinations are avoided for good reason
Yeah AR Starts and SMG starts are honestly the least fun thing to play, its not even fun for me because I go straight for a BR then its done for the other team cause they have no way of making me move because they have ARs or SMGs or vice versa, just not fun playing with or against someone who has a BR and all you have is an AR, BR Starts all day man
And playing BR starts non-stop is not fun for other players. So screw them, right? You matter more than them?

You have more than enough control over how you play with the match composer. If you care so much sbout the matches you play, you can use custom games. There’s plenty of LFG websites out there and there’s a custom browser coming some time later this year.

Matchmaking will never be a perfect experience that caters to your specific needs. Other players exist and they deserve to play Halo the way they want to play. Social will remain a mix of various game modes and maps so that everyone has a chance to play what they want to play. If you are so annoyed bu AR/SMF starts, you can play ranked where only BR starts exist, or to customs.
I dislike both veto and majority rules voting system. I Both tends to dominate specific maps. There are plenty of people that would vote Blood Gultch every single time and we’d never play maps like Death Island. Even for me, I love Death island but if presented a choice between the two of vote Blood Gultch 70% of the time and if everyone does that it’ll always go one way. You also have people who mashed the veto button until they get what they want.

Personally the selection system I like the best is Mario Kart. You cast your vote between a random selection of maps, then the game randomly selects one persons vote. So it 11 people want to play Moo Moo Meddows and 1 person wants to play Rainbow Road, most of the time it’ll select what everyone wants but there is still at least the chance of the odd man out getting his way.

i don’t care that I’m a minority and I certainly don’t want to play it very often but I’d love to play Chiron at least once in a while.
Yeah atleast Vetoes need to come back. A great system that was in place for years. Their excuse for people quitting too much is dumb. They added more strict quit bans so there is no quitting but wont put in a veto system that ALOT of people have wanted. Even pros have requested for this but we get strict "no".
I’m pretty sure that the direction is that if you want a specific game, type, and map you shouldn’t be in matchmaking, you should be in customs. The custom game browser will help immensely with this.

I largely agree with that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4