5. ...
  6. 4
Jimmbabwe wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
ZetaBlaze wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
And playing BR starts non-stop is not fun for other players. So screw them, right? You matter more than them?

You have more than enough control over how you play with the match composer. If you care so much sbout the matches you play, you can use custom games. There’s plenty of LFG websites out there and there’s a custom browser coming some time later this year.

Matchmaking will never be a perfect experience that caters to your specific needs. Other players exist and they deserve to play Halo the way they want to play. Social will remain a mix of various game modes and maps so that everyone has a chance to play what they want to play. If you are so annoyed bu AR/SMF starts, you can play ranked where only BR starts exist, or to customs.
Smg/ar population is a minority. There’s a reason br always won over non BR spawns.
You have no oroof of that so don’t try to use it as a supporting evidence
MLG set the Trent of BR spawns. In Mccs entire lifetime I’ve seen BR slayer win over regular slayer 90% of the time. I’ve also seen mor epeople quit pre patch out of mag spawns than BR spawns.
If that's the case, I can see there's a 10% willing to have auto starts. So, add an option for them; let's finish this. Not only that, the BR followers (like me, because I like having a bit of range capability) will be able to play just that without removing the minority of the community ideas.
Lol sorry for the grammar errors. Was on 2 hours sleep. A veto like in h3 would be the best way to go about this. Or if you really want to cater to them put ar/smg slayer in action sack playlist button. Non BR spawns are non competitive game modes so it would fit in action sack.
And the match composer is social matchmaking. AKA non-competitive. So it fits as it is in the match composer.

If you want competitive games, you go play ranked.
Put ar spawns in action sack. Not everyone wants to play ranked all the time. I for one if I get ar or smg spawns I’ll be on my phone most of the game.
I understand that not everyone wants to play ranked but you don't seem to understand how social and action sack work.

You don't just shove stuff into action sack. Halo 4's dominion, regicide, and BTB Heavies (also for Halo 3 with Heavies) were restricted to Action Sack back in December. If you wanted to play those game modes, you had to go to Action Sack. And they had such a low population because not everyone knew that nor did they want to risk playing actual action sack modes. 343i has since fixed that by putting Heavies into Slayer and Dominion into KOTH, as well as make Ricochet work as Halo 4's Assault, since it lacked proper Assault.

Action Sack is not just "non-competitive game modes." Action Sack is wacky, non-traditional game modes that are more akin to party modes you play on a custom game night. It is not just non-competitive game modes. Social matchmaking as a whole is non-competitive game modes. Infection, BTB, and social versions of the traditional Halo experience are what make up social matchmaking. Stuff like radars on, different starting weapons, and less restrictions on a game's features (such as Halo 4 loadouts and ordnance drops.)

You can't just shove AR starts into Action Sack. That's not how this works.

And if you're so upset by playing a few games of AR starts that you'd go AFK, then maybe you should just stop playing Halo if you're going to act like that.
Woah there the population is low enough as is, don't go telling people to not play.

He was just saying you might as well go AFk once the other team has BR and Snipe control in a AR/SMG Start match cause you're useless without a BR which creates a more fair balanced game for everyone of all skills
However, you're not counting that as soon as one of those snipers or BR users die (given the worst situation, were they are dominating completely), the opposite team has a chance again.

The Halo 2 BR is just too powerful, not only meant for mid range but capable of killing a sniper at long distance, and even a sword user with a "BXR". Not only that, double shot makes the Carbine and dual-wielding combination entirely useless. The aiming system breaks even more this situation, which makes me and many others classify it as a power weapon. In fact, you can survive and destroy every part of the sandbox with a bit of pacing and precision.

On the other hand, the Halo 3 BR is undoubtely more balanced, due to the close and long range weaknesses, aswell as the rate of fire nerf and the addition of bullets, instead of the traditional hitscan mode, forcing you to use a decent amount of skill, paired with the aim assist reduction. So, that's why I prefer BR starts in this game rather than Halo 2. I don't mind AR + Magnum starts here, as they're capable of killing consistently if you manage to do so smartly.

Finally, I wanna say that no one should leave the game because of this debate; that's not the point of it, we're just asking for an option, and the BR followers don't want to face SMG/AR starts anymore. And you might say "add it into Action Sack"; like me and someone said above, it's only focused in fun and non-traditional gametypes. Auto starts just doesn't fit there, you haven't got rid of the competitiveness, you just have returned to the old roots and experience of Halo, and the main objective: fighting for better weapons constantly, while discovering maps. Let's please both sides, stop being extremist.

There's a reason why Bungie never removed auto starts completely, but instead left a small percentage.
Also no competently player used the AR in halo 1, it was the pistol as primary spawn weapon. BR took over the role of pistol
If you don’t want to get certain games and their maps use the match composer. Means longer waits to get a game, but at least you have a better chance of getting a map you’d like
If you don’t want to get certain games and their maps use the match composer. Means longer waits to get a game, but at least you have a better chance of getting a map you’d like
Non argument you can’t weed out non BR spawns in social and ranked is screwed with leve 1s playing 50s because of low population
skewer647 wrote:
Jimmbabwe wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
ZetaBlaze wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
skewer647 wrote:
And playing BR starts non-stop is not fun for other players. So screw them, right? You matter more than them?

You have more than enough control over how you play with the match composer. If you care so much sbout the matches you play, you can use custom games. There’s plenty of LFG websites out there and there’s a custom browser coming some time later this year.

Matchmaking will never be a perfect experience that caters to your specific needs. Other players exist and they deserve to play Halo the way they want to play. Social will remain a mix of various game modes and maps so that everyone has a chance to play what they want to play. If you are so annoyed bu AR/SMF starts, you can play ranked where only BR starts exist, or to customs.
Smg/ar population is a minority. There’s a reason br always won over non BR spawns.
You have no oroof of that so don’t try to use it as a supporting evidence
MLG set the Trent of BR spawns. In Mccs entire lifetime I’ve seen BR slayer win over regular slayer 90% of the time. I’ve also seen mor epeople quit pre patch out of mag spawns than BR spawns.
If that's the case, I can see there's a 10% willing to have auto starts. So, add an option for them; let's finish this. Not only that, the BR followers (like me, because I like having a bit of range capability) will be able to play just that without removing the minority of the community ideas.
Lol sorry for the grammar errors. Was on 2 hours sleep. A veto like in h3 would be the best way to go about this. Or if you really want to cater to them put ar/smg slayer in action sack playlist button. Non BR spawns are non competitive game modes so it would fit in action sack.
And the match composer is social matchmaking. AKA non-competitive. So it fits as it is in the match composer.

If you want competitive games, you go play ranked.
Put ar spawns in action sack. Not everyone wants to play ranked all the time. I for one if I get ar or smg spawns I’ll be on my phone most of the game.
I understand that not everyone wants to play ranked but you don't seem to understand how social and action sack work.

You don't just shove stuff into action sack. Halo 4's dominion, regicide, and BTB Heavies (also for Halo 3 with Heavies) were restricted to Action Sack back in December. If you wanted to play those game modes, you had to go to Action Sack. And they had such a low population because not everyone knew that nor did they want to risk playing actual action sack modes. 343i has since fixed that by putting Heavies into Slayer and Dominion into KOTH, as well as make Ricochet work as Halo 4's Assault, since it lacked proper Assault.

Action Sack is not just "non-competitive game modes." Action Sack is wacky, non-traditional game modes that are more akin to party modes you play on a custom game night. It is not just non-competitive game modes. Social matchmaking as a whole is non-competitive game modes. Infection, BTB, and social versions of the traditional Halo experience are what make up social matchmaking. Stuff like radars on, different starting weapons, and less restrictions on a game's features (such as Halo 4 loadouts and ordnance drops.)

You can't just shove AR starts into Action Sack. That's not how this works.

And if you're so upset by playing a few games of AR starts that you'd go AFK, then maybe you should just stop playing Halo if you're going to act like that.
Woah there the population is low enough as is, don't go telling people to not play.

He was just saying you might as well go AFk once the other team has BR and Snipe control in a AR/SMG Start match cause you're useless without a BR which creates a more fair balanced game for everyone of all skills
However, you're not counting that as soon as one of those snipers or BR users die (given the worst situation, were they are dominating completely), the opposite team has a chance again.

The Halo 2 BR is just too powerful, not only meant for mid range but capable of killing a sniper at long distance, and even a sword user with a "BXR". Not only that, double shot makes the Carbine and dual-wielding combination entirely useless. The aiming system breaks even more this situation, which makes me and many others classify it as a power weapon. In fact, you can survive and destroy every part of the sandbox with a bit of pacing and precision.

On the other hand, the Halo 3 BR is undoubtely more balanced, due to the close and long range weaknesses, aswell as the rate of fire nerf and the addition of bullets, instead of the traditional hitscan mode, forcing you to use a decent amount of skill, paired with the aim assist reduction. So, that's why I prefer BR starts in this game rather than Halo 2. I don't mind AR + Magnum starts here, as they're capable of killing consistently if you manage to do so smartly.

Finally, I wanna say that no one should leave the game because of this debate; that's not the point of it, we're just asking for an option, and the BR followers don't want to face SMG/AR starts anymore. And you might say "add it into Action Sack"; like me and someone said above, it's only focused in fun and non-traditional gametypes. Auto starts just doesn't fit there, you haven't got rid of the competitiveness, you just have returned to the old roots and experience of Halo, and the main objective: fighting for better weapons constantly, while discovering maps. Let's please both sides, stop being extremist.

There's a reason why Bungie never removed auto starts completely, but instead left a small percentage.
Also no competently player used the AR in halo 1, it was the pistol as primary spawn weapon. BR took over the role of pistol
The pistol was mainly used because of its power and range, which outclassed a bit the rest of the sandbox. However, that's not a reason to continue that imbalance, and Halo CE works differently; aiming system, speed and hitscan are changed settings, just to name a few of them.

People usually choose to spawn with a competent weapon because it's simply easier to start killing since the start and not worrying about getting any other weapons, but there's a challenge when you have to get them and to keep them in your inventory, which involves competitiveness and smartness.

With that said, small environments, such as Lockout, Elongation or Backwash allow that kind of experience to happen while keeping the balance. And if someone breaks it, as soon as he dies, the power will be turned again. In those maps you can come back quite properly using melee and dual combinations, unlike the bigger ones (such as BTB), where I'm fully opposed to auto starts due to that.

Although, me and many others are just asking for an option; if you don't like them, that's fair and you should be able to choose. But let us do so too.
I vote for a veto option, the map rotation across all games is terrible. But this debate won't matter for the most part once the customs browser goes live.
Please add this 343, sandbox is a living hell when playing solo queue.
I'm not returning to that nightmare again. There's no return of a voting/veto system whether you like it or not. I'm enjoying MCC without a single care of a list of last minute choices for gametypes or maps! The pros are being selfish.
I'm not returning to that nightmare again. There's no return of a voting/veto system whether you like it or not. I'm enjoying MCC without a single care of a list of last minute choices for gametypes or maps! The pros are being selfish.
Its not just the pros man, clearly a lot of people want something like this back because they're tired of playing the same maps over and over again
Jimmbabwe wrote:
Jimmbabwe wrote:
Its not just the pros man, clearly a lot of people want something like this back because they're tired of playing the same maps over and over again
Voting and vetoing leads to the same maps over and over as well. In my experience you get even less variety when people vote.
Jimmbabwe wrote:
Voting and vetoing leads to the same maps over and over as well. In my experience you get even less variety when people vote.
Which that can be true, but I think its the fact that we have no choice or say in even trying to prevent it. What you get is what you get and you get no say in what you might get to play yknow
Jimmbabwe wrote:
I agree with voting, but vetoing doesn't have that consequence, as the second option is always random; you just have an option to skip the first one, which is usually the same map that was played in the last match (for instance, Midship, even if it's so good, can get pretty repetitive).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4