I just got back into the MCC after a long hiatus. Wanted to try out ODST since I saw they had added it but it required me to pay for the DLC. Was it ever free?
It was free back in early 2015 as compensation for users who experienced MCC's botched launch in November 2014.
If you played during launch you were given a code for a free download of ODST campaign.
It was free back in early 2015 as compensation for users who experienced MCC's botched launch in November 2014.
Aw man. How was the code sent?
If you played during launch you were given a code for a free download of ODST campaign.
I did actually bought the game on launch. Gave the Xbox along with my games to my roommate when I had to move back home. Bought MCC again a couple of years ago as he had misplaced it. I guess that ship has sailed.
Aw man. How was the code sent?
They give you the code by messaging you, and you redeem it from there. Sadly, all the codes to own ODST for free are now expired. Looks like you're gonna have to spend $4.95 to get ODST.
I did actually bought the game on launch. Gave the Xbox along with my games to my roommate when I had to move back home. Bought MCC again a couple of years ago as he had misplaced it. I guess that ship has sailed.
You could try messaging a 343 employee and explaining your situation, but Idk if they could actually send you a new code.
You could try messaging a 343 employee and explaining your situation, but Idk if they could actually send you a new code.
I wouldn't do this - 343 employees won't be able to help with this. The original code was sent via Xbox Live message. If you didn't redeem the code or write the code down within 30 days, the message would expire and you would have to contact Xbox Live Support. The gave support for roughly a year after the game launched. If you didn't contact them by early 2016 then you need to buy it from the store.
If you bought MCC at launch it was given to you for free along with a new Halo 2A multiplayer map.
Please don't encourage people to PM us with random questions like this. We cannot assist in issues like this and are not going to make a habit of giving codes away just because people PM us.
Please don't encourage people to PM us with random questions like this. We cannot assist in issues like this and are not going to make a habit of giving codes away just because people PM us.
Sorry about that wasnt trying to be a nuisance. After reading more about this, I did qualify for the free code since I bought the game on launch and I probably did receive a free code but never activated in time. I did PM someone from 343 but my mistake not trying to get free codes like that, I love Halo and have bought the MCC twice now so another $5 towards one of my favorite franchises is no big deal. Thanks guys cant wait for Reach and Infinite.
Just a note OP, in case you didn't know this, but you can sign up for Microsoft rewards. Doing some searches using bing gets your points that you can convert into gift cards, I've done this a few times now. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/rewards
stckrboy wrote:
Just a note OP, in case you didn't know this, but you can sign up for Microsoft rewards. Doing some searches using bing gets your points that you can convert into gift cards, I've done this a few times now. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/rewards
Yeah, saving these up over time is really helpful. I bought HCS packs, Destiny 2, and a few others I forget just with the points.(I’m also gonna buy reach with them.)