Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Was spartan ops that complicated?

OP seergiiooo4

Here is the thing, i played spartan ops in solo on xbox 360 and i don't remember that the difficulty of the game in legendary was exaggeratedly complicated like in Halo TMCC. I play the chapter 1 of episode 5 called "Spartan Miller" and i'm not joking i died 55 times i don't play that bad the problem was that i always appeared next to the enemies and the knights immediately shoot me or if i tried to run they go for me in team shooting and teleporting to my back so there was no way that I would find where to take cover or ammo, and the same issue happens in every mission i played (Just in spartan ops). Also i don't know if i am the only one but when i start or end a mission i don't see any cinematic it's just the missions.

Did someone have the same problems with spartan ops or am i so noob that i can't handle the knight's going for me every time i respawn close to them?, and if it's the last thing then any advices to don't die that much it would be appreciated.
I never spawned in the middle of everything. On the contrary, I spawned as far away from the action as possible. Maybe try using the forerunner shield armor ability to give you cover before you find somewhere to hide.
Spartan Ops is designed to be played with multiple players, so they throw in a larger number of enemies, making it much more difficult for those playing it in solo. I'm pretty sure you also watch the cinematics for the chapters in the main menu, not while in the missions.
I never spawned in the middle of everything. On the contrary, I spawned as far away from the action as possible. Maybe try using the forerunner shield armor ability to give you cover before you find somewhere to hide.
I didn't try that maybe works although they teletransported to my back and chase me while shooting but maybe i could give me some time if i'm lucky, thanks for the advice and yeah in some missions i spawn far away from the action too but in some others i feel like im doing the "lone wolf" mission of halo reach just that in this case i have to end it.
Uuv wrote:
Spartan Ops is designed to be played with multiple players, so they throw in a larger number of enemies, making it much more difficult for those playing it in solo. I'm pretty sure you also watch the cinematics for the chapters in the main menu, not while in the missions.
Yeah i though it after posting the topic and i already search them in the main menu but i only find the way to see the terminals of halo 1,2 and 4 in halo channel.
I had to do all the missions by myself, and it's not really all that hard. You get as many lives as you need. Just make sure you kill one thing for every life and you will eventually slog through it!
I had to do all the missions by myself, and it's not really all that hard. You get as many lives as you need. Just make sure you kill one thing for every life and you will eventually slog through it!
That's the good part, you don't lose any progress and you have infinite respawns but the bad part is that my score of deaths in the game increase so much just for spartan ops. That's why i'm asking if somebody else have this problem with spartan ops cause i did all the missions by myself in 360 and it wasn't a big deal like in TMCC.
Uuv wrote:
Then it needs to be balanced for both solo and non solo gameplay. Simple. Balancing it for one playstyle is lazy. Just my opinion. Like the warden boss fights in Halo 5 solo legendary.....
Uuv wrote:
Then it needs to be balanced for both solo and non solo gameplay. Simple. Balancing it for one playstyle is lazy. Just my opinion. Like the warden boss fights in Halo 5 solo legendary.....
That's true i have to take 5 minutes of rest cause is real tired to make the missions, i prefer to kill the 3 warden bosses in legendary that make spartan ops solo in legendary.
That was exactly my mentality when going through it. Bash your head against a wall long enough and you will eventually tunnel through it... and most likely die from head trauma. Which, come to think about it, is an exact metaphor for spartan ops.
Uuv wrote:
Yeah I just do the speedrunning trick for him every time, except the first against blue team. That I just juggle the portable turrets and unload them only on him.
Here is the thing, i played spartan ops in solo on xbox 360 and i don't remember that the difficulty of the game in legendary was exaggeratedly complicated like in Halo TMCC. I play the chapter 1 of episode 5 called "Spartan Miller" and i'm not joking i died 55 times i don't play that bad the problem was that i always appeared next to the enemies and the knights immediately shoot me or if i tried to run they go for me in team shooting and teleporting to my back so there was no way that I would find where to take cover or ammo, and the same issue happens in every mission i played (Just in spartan ops). Also i don't know if i am the only one but when i start or end a mission i don't see any cinematic it's just the missions.

Did someone have the same problems with spartan ops or am i so noob that i can't handle the knight's going for me every time i respawn close to them?, and if it's the last thing then any advices to don't die that much it would be appreciated.
I played all the episodes and chapters of Spartan Ops on Xbox 360 on Legendary difficulty. I did it solo, and I did it co-op with just one other player. Currently I am playing through on the MCC whenever I feel like doing the grind and it was originally and most certainly still is a grind. I don't notice any particular differences playing through it again on MCC. In my experience it was always a painful, tedious, uninspired grindfest. The AI is unforgiving and relentless most of the time, knights abuse their teleportation ability and and there is zero consequence to dying. Its just a matter of attrition, either all the bad guys will be killed our your patience will run out.

Doesn't sound like you are struggling because you are a noob or because something got botched during the port, Spartan Ops is just poorly deigned. And as mentioned earlier it was supposed to be a 4 player co-operative, episodic campaign... never had the full 4 players, I'd imagine it would be more manageable with 4 players but not necessarily more enjoyable. All the flaws and short comings would still be present, just masked a bit by more players going up against the AI together and whatever chemistry you all have (i.e. bunch of friends joking around, regardless of how cheap the AI is or how repetitive Spartan Ops can be I am sure a group of friends clowning around will be enjoyable).

As for the cutscenes, I was in the same boat as you. I thought 343i cut them just to save space and try to make MCC "lighter" but they are still around. It took me a while to notice this but before starting up Spartan Ops there is an option to view the cutscenes. I believe they are all available from the start regardless of where you are in the Spartan Ops "story." Just pick which ones you want to watch and it will launch the Halo Channel just like all the terminals in the campaigns launch the Halo Channel in order to stream the video for them. Like I said, I think this was done to save space and make the application as a whole lighter but its really convoluted. I can imagine no one likes to break up the flow of game play to watch their Xbox One switch apps, load the Halo Channel, stream a video that can lower quality at any time, then get back to the game. Spartan Ops is the same way except you need to pick and choose to play the cutscens before you load up a mission, and do it every time if you want to see everything and get a sense of the story as was originally intended on the 360 version.

I played all the episodes and chapters of Spartan Ops on Xbox 360 on Legendary difficulty. I did it solo, and I did it co-op with just one other player. Currently I am playing through on the MCC whenever I feel like doing the grind and it was originally and most certainly still is a grind. I don't notice any particular differences playing through it again on MCC. In my experience it was always a painful, tedious, uninspired grindfest. The AI is unforgiving and relentless most of the time, knights abuse their teleportation ability and and there is zero consequence to dying. Its just a matter of attrition, either all the bad guys will be killed our your patience will run out.

Doesn't sound like you are struggling because you are a noob or because something got botched during the port, Spartan Ops is just poorly deigned. And as mentioned earlier it was supposed to be a 4 player co-operative, episodic campaign... never had the full 4 players, I'd imagine it would be more manageable with 4 players but not necessarily more enjoyable. All the flaws and short comings would still be present, just masked a bit by more players going up against the AI together and whatever chemistry you all have (i.e. bunch of friends joking around, regardless of how cheap the AI is or how repetitive Spartan Ops can be I am sure a group of friends clowning around will be enjoyable).

As for the cutscenes, I was in the same boat as you. I thought 343i cut them just to save space and try to make MCC "lighter" but they are still around. It took me a while to notice this but before starting up Spartan Ops there is an option to view the cutscenes. I believe they are all available from the start regardless of where you are in the Spartan Ops "story." Just pick which ones you want to watch and it will launch the Halo Channel just like all the terminals in the campaigns launch the Halo Channel in order to stream the video for them. Like I said, I think this was done to save space and make the application as a whole lighter but its really convoluted. I can imagine no one likes to break up the flow of game play to watch their Xbox One switch apps, load the Halo Channel, stream a video that can lower quality at any time, then get back to the game. Spartan Ops is the same way except you need to pick and choose to play the cutscens before you load up a mission, and do it every time if you want to see everything and get a sense of the story as was originally intended on the 360 version.
I'm totally agree with you. I think they made a good move with warzone in halo 5, without story (sadly) but more enjoyable and thanks for telling me where the cutscenes are it is some hard to see where they are.
solo spartan ops on legendary most take a long time per level as yes you will kill a few and die and respawn and keep at it until you clear the level and the knights really can be bullet sponges let alone if there are multiple ones.