Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Was this in original Halo 2?

OP EpicAngel00

I've noticed while playing with my brother on Campaign Co-op, the mission would go back to the last checkpoint after one of us dies with the other surviving on H2A.. I don't recall this being in the original version? Is that a bug or did bungie purposely do this so players have to actually try to survive? That really bums since Halo 2 is the HARDEST campaign on legendary.
Im really good at h2 legendary but i struggle h3 legendary
Not a bug OP, Halo 2 Legendary co-op has Iron on by default both in the original and in MCC.
It's tough but doable, might need to try some speedrunning tactics in places you get stuck at
stckrboy wrote:
Not a bug OP, Halo 2 Legendary co-op has Iron on by default both in the original and in MCC.
It's tough but doable, might need to try some speedrunning tactics in places you get stuck at
Alright thanks haha maybe it's cause when I was younger I never really played the campaign on legendary.
Which level are you struggling with in particular?
Turn on the bandana, Envy and Scarab skulls. Helps. Still will take some time. Took us two or three gaming session to complete H2 Legendary. It's only on H2.
I've noticed while playing with my brother on Campaign Co-op, the mission would go back to the last checkpoint after one of us dies with the other surviving on H2A.. I don't recall this being in the original version? Is that a bug or did bungie purposely do this so players have to actually try to survive? That really bums since Halo 2 is the HARDEST campaign on legendary.
On legendary difficulty if one of you dies you both go back to the last checkpoint. This was in the original halo 2! Bungie didn't want people to cheese the campaign by having one player stay in a safe place while the other runs out on suicide missions to take out as many foes as they can each spawn.
This was really tough. We always played the suicide style in H1 and H3. Playing H2 in MCC was quite hard for the first level, but was a lot of fun after adjusting. Halo 3 was a cakewalk on legendary compared to it.
yes, it was always that way...

still remember the first time i experienced it. a friend of mine took the day of from school and played the whole day. after school i joined and we started a game on legendary (like we did always in halo 1) and we were surprised, that the checkpoint reseted after one of us died^^
a few days later another friend came over to me and we played on heroic and i told him to be carefull, bc the checkpoint would reset if someone dies... but when the first of us died nothing happened, bc it was on heroic. thats how i found out back in 2004 (man, i'm old XD ), that both need to survive only on legendary^^
Haha ok guys thanks for all the clarification. @ One of the mods, you guys can lock this now :)
stckrboy wrote:
And it's because of that that I find Halo 2 on Legendary harder in co-op than single player.