Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

waterfall as a map is fine the frames not so much

OP pugwash1

case in point did the 3 kills on waterfall challenge and man the fames tanked namely in the center area of the map don't get me wrong the map is fine the frame issue not so much
Yeah, its weird that only on that map I had frame loss
pugwash1 wrote:
case in point did the 3 kills on waterfall challenge and man the fames tanked namely in the center area of the map don't get me wrong the map is fine the frame issue not so much
Are you playing on PC or Xbox? I’ll need to jump back into the map and look at it again because I didn’t notice anything.
I ran around the map in Forge yesterday on my Xbox One S and I noticed the frame drops, as well. Was it like this during the flights?
Had the same issue yesterday. Im playing on an og xbox one so that might be an issue aswell but i dont have problems with any other maps. Even though the halo 3 map narrows has weird textures now. The dirt parts are all clean now.

Link for narrows for an example
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/mmc8wf/mcc_update_seemingly_changed_the_map_texture_for/
I ran around the map in Forge yesterday on my Xbox One S and I noticed the frame drops, as well. Was it like this during the flights?
yes a bit but not as bad we were doing a big lobby of team king
UK1V wrote:
pugwash1 wrote:
Are you playing on PC or Xbox? I’ll need to jump back into the map and look at it again because I didn’t notice anything.
the frame issue is on both it seems but we were playing a big group of team king so that didn't help either
Indeed! The new map is actually quite nice, I really enjoyed my first game on it and I wish I could save it. However, there were somewhat frequent framerate drops at various parts of the map. It wasn't bad enough that it was unplayable or even too unenjoyable, but it was significant. I thought it might be only happening to us as a result of playing split-screen, so it's a bit of a relief to see that isn't the case (sorry, everyone). Still, I feel that I should specify the presence of split-screen, just in case it ends up being two seperate framerate drop issues. Oh! Almost forgot, but I'm playing on an Xbox One S.
I think there is a major discrepancy in performance between series x and Xbox one consoles.

I played the flight on a series X and had 0 frame rate issues ever. Map ran fine. It’s issues were with getting stuck on the window glitch and the boundary exploits. Those of course were patched.

I was shocked to see it pulled from matchmaking and to see that edge was pulled entirely. Edge also had 0 issues on series x. My only issue with that map is the way items were placed around the map. That’s fixable in forge. No idea why the map for pulled.
Thank you for posting OP. I thought it was just me but I experienced frame drops too. I thought it was because I was messing with the new FOV settings, but I ended up reverting my changes and still had a few drops.

Perhaps this is why it wasn't implemented into matchmaking right away?
JB Linken wrote:
Thank you for posting OP. I thought it was just me but I experienced frame drops too. I thought it was because I was messing with the new FOV settings, but I ended up reverting my changes and still had a few drops.

possible as I did a test and by myself I had no frame drops on the map but add in other players and then the frame drops
pugwash1 wrote:
JB Linken wrote:

possible as I did a test and by myself I had no frame drops on the map but add in other players and then the frame drops
I had in a friend in my lobby too, so that part is consistent with both of us. I will try a solo round later today.