Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] WE DON'T WANT ODST WE WANT MCC TO WORK !

OP TIMELXSS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 18
Well the multiplayer works just fine for me! Once a week I get sent to the main menu in the middle of a loading screen, but that doesn't bother me too much. I am just glad that I can get into a match after the horrendous launch back in November. With the "Relic" map and Halo 3: ODST on the way in 2015, Halo: TMCC just got a whole lot better.

Nice trolling the game isnt near fix
How are his personal experiences "trolling".
Mr Nogatco wrote:
Well the multiplayer works just fine for me! Once a week I get sent to the main menu in the middle of a loading screen, but that doesn't bother me too much. I am just glad that I can get into a match after the horrendous launch back in November. With the "Relic" map and Halo 3: ODST on the way in 2015, Halo: TMCC just got a whole lot better.

Nice trolling the game isnt near fix

How are his personal experiences "trolling".
Because he does not consider other peoples being fortunate as fair so he calls them trolls and accuses them of lying.
My Halo MCC sis working perfectly fine and I get ODST for free sure I would rather have Reach but it's still better than halo wars
If anyone at 343 decides to read this.....please fix matchmaking. It's incredible that you took something bungee mastered and totally screwed it up. You can put polish and shine on anything but a polished turd is still a turd. Instead of trying to placate gamers with more stuff that will inevitably not work right please focus on fixing the soul of halo....multiplayer. it's nice that you acknowledge there is a problem, over and over again, and promise us, the paying consumer, that it will get fixed. It still isn't fixed. As a consumer who foolishly paid $60 for your version of the game and naively expected it to work, I would genuinely like to know what you plan to do to address my concerns. Are you going to send me and the rest of the multiplayer community a refund? Are you going to continue to offer things nobody really cares about? Are you going to fix multiplayer instead of just saying you will. Ms. Bonnie Ross I await your personal response to this post. I can be reached at prsquatch@yahoo.com.
First, 343, I think it's awesome that you're going to give us ODST and Relic as an apology. I think it's a really good thing.

That said, what I want more than anything else is for MCC multiplayer to work. When I do manage to find a game that isn't 4v3 or 50 to 10 or something similar, it's so much freaking fun.

I think everyone would like for matchmaking to work first, then get ODST. I really do believe that if matchmaking isn't working before you get ODST out, you're going to loose the already dwindling MCC community. The longer matchmaking doesn't work, the more people that are going to leave and never return. I'm sure there are already a bunch of people that have left never to return. I feel you're drawing closer and closer to an event horizon of MCC being unplayable because of a low player base.

I know I'm a big nobody and there's no reason 343 should listen to me, but I feel this so strongly and desperately don't want it to happen. I know everyone wants MCC to last 5, 10, 15 years but the longer MM doesn't work, the less and less likely it'll happen.

Signed,
Concerned Halo Fan
I love how people keep saying that ODST had the best story in the series... The story was quite literally. They land, they get separated, they get back together, get the engineer and leave before they blow up... That's literally it. How is that better than any of the halo's 1-3? Yeah maybe better than 4 but 4 was terrible in every way so that doesn't mean much. ODST should not have any part in this collection because it has nothing to do with master Chief, and since the game is titled Halo: the master chief collection. I think that's an important detail... Use that time your wasting on that campaign that everyone will play one time through and never touch again and do something useful for the games I intended to play when I bought mcc. Oh and btw for those of you hoping that other horrid game (Reach) will be in here really just.. Leave. Did you know none of the events in that story ever actually happened in the story line of halo? In was a bull -Yoink- story bungie threw together with a terrible multiplayer because bungie had enough of microsofts -Yoink- and just popped a game out real quick before their contract was up. Just in case any if you guys didn't know that
Don't get me wrong: I want MCC to work as well.

However, I want ODST.
I loved it :3
I'll take ODST and Reach along with MCC fixed. Free ODST is good for me. I'll pay for Reach campaign and multiplayer as super cheap DLC or free if it takes even longer to fix MCC.

But please don't get me started on Reach canon.
I love how people keep saying that ODST had the best story in the series... The story was quite literally. They land, they get separated, they get back together, get the engineer and leave before they blow up... That's literally it. How is that better than any of the halo's 1-3? Yeah maybe better than 4 but 4 was terrible in every way so that doesn't mean much. ODST should not have any part in this collection because it has nothing to do with master Chief, and since the game is titled Halo: the master chief collection. I think that's an important detail... Use that time your wasting on that campaign that everyone will play one time through and never touch again and do something useful for the games I intended to play when I bought mcc. Oh and btw for those of you hoping that other horrid game (Reach) will be in here really just.. Leave. Did you know none of the events in that story ever actually happened in the story line of halo? In was a bull -Yoink- story bungie threw together with a terrible multiplayer because bungie had enough of microsofts -Yoink- and just popped a game out real quick before their contract was up. Just in case any if you guys didn't know that
ODST was amazing. Even Bungie's consensus was that it was their best campaign.
I'm sorry but I have to complain too, and I will continue to do so as I see these apology notes/Tweets/blogs from 343. They need to stop saying anything. Just fix it. Make it perfect. That's what we all expect. They fell very short.

I see minimal improvements to the matchmaking experience. I understand that they have been "working around the clock" and everything, but if the game was released under the current circumstances, we would all still be very annoyed. It just hasn't improved that much. Is this free stuff supposed to help? It doesn't!

I am typing this while I sit in a lobby and wait for a game - who knows when I will get one. I seem to have plenty of time. I tried joining a party with my buddy earlier, but that didn't work either. He wasn't in my party, but I couldn't invite him either. After I invite him, and he doesn't join, I can boot him, but that doesn't do anything (since it doesn't show he's in my party anyway). When we finally got together and into a game, we were on opposite teams! After the game, as it always happens even when I'm playing without my friends, we were booted from the party.

So how does a bonus nameplate and avatar make sense as compensation? And I already have xbox live gold - what should I do with the 1 month free? And it's obvious that Relic is going to be free for us - duh! It better be! I'm not impressed.

My point to all of this: Bonnie and team 343 need to seriously consider how they can give out an option for refunds (full or partial). I fully expected to pay my money and then play games online with or without my friends. Sometimes I wait in a lobby for 10 minutes and never get into a game. When this happens (more often than not), I am in fact NOT getting what I paid for! I didn't pay for a nameplate and avatar.

I did not get what I paid for and I'm still not getting what I paid for.
The OP is dang right...You know what, they should'nt have done TMCC, H2A would have been enough. I mean, a working H2A with more maps and playlists.

By the way, the game is far from working correctly, so many bugs and problems still not fixed even if it looks fine sor some casuals. Just one example: the quiting glitch just ruins the H2A playlist all by itself. People keep quiting, so you keep getting unfair games. So, there is no ranked playlists like they promised at the beginning (ahhh yea there is one ranked playlist but it doesn't mean nothing atm).
343 is taking forever to fix Single Player & Matchmaking in the Halo MCC..........
Screw odst, give us reach multiplayer on Xbox 1. Reach was the best halo by far.
Screw odst, give us reach multiplayer on Xbox 1. Reach was the best halo by far.
I just want 343 to give us a working Halo MCC first
If anyone at 343 decides to read this.....please fix matchmaking. It's incredible that you took something bungee mastered and totally screwed it up. You can put polish and shine on anything but a polished turd is still a turd. Instead of trying to placate gamers with more stuff that will inevitably not work right please focus on fixing the soul of halo....multiplayer. it's nice that you acknowledge there is a problem, over and over again, and promise us, the paying consumer, that it will get fixed. It still isn't fixed. As a consumer who foolishly paid $60 for your version of the game and naively expected it to work, I would genuinely like to know what you plan to do to address my concerns. Are you going to send me and the rest of the multiplayer community a refund? Are you going to continue to offer things nobody really cares about? Are you going to fix multiplayer instead of just saying you will. Ms. Bonnie Ross I await your personal response to this post. I can be reached at prsquatch@yahoo.com.
So edgy it hurts
I suggest they rebuild Halo MCC from scratch and make it for 360 as well. All who bought MCC can sell it back to 343i for same price. Than work on Halo MCC as a remastered edition with halo 3 odst, reach(I don't give a flying rats a** if you hate or it don't belong or etc, it's still a halo), wars, halo 5, add in forgable water and more glass and ice in, add in forgable firefight and campaign, lastly sell the new one fully fixed for $40 dollars and call it, Halo, The Apology Edition.

Quote:
To Truly Fix Something Is Best To Rebuild It.
This has probably already been said before but OP, they're going to fix the game. This is just their promise to us for the botched launch. Also to those saying they want MCC to work and not ODST. I'm pretty sure bringing out ODST doesn't affect them fixing the game as they will have a separate team working on ODST while they continue to bring out patches. Besides ODST doesn't come out till the spring anyway and this game has been getting better with each patch.
I seriously just want dedicated servers and a proper playlists atm. I love ODST, i welcome it in spring or w/e. But whats the news on deddies?
This has probably already been said before but OP, they're going to fix the game. This is just their promise to us for the botched launch. Also to those saying they want MCC to work and not ODST. I'm pretty sure bringing out ODST doesn't affect them fixing the game as they will have a separate team working on ODST while they continue to bring out patches. Besides ODST doesn't come out till the spring anyway and this game has been getting better with each patch.
This
I'm personally looking forward to ODST. My second favorite of all the campaigns next to Halo 2.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. ...
  9. 18